All hotels in Portland, Maine, United States of America
145 Fore Street, Portland, ME, 04101, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Comfortable visit"
Suites are comfortable, service is excellent, everything works correctly. It's a short walk to the waterfront sites and businesses.
3 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
Ellen
"Very clean and easy checkin"
The hotel was very easy to find and the check in was seamless. The room had a nice kitchen but we were only staying for one night so we never got to use it. The bathroom was very clean and the bed was very comfortable with ample pillows. When we booked the hotel, we knew it wasn't as close to some of the downtown restaurants and shops, but we still liked it. It was very quiet and we never heard any of the other guests there. I would recommend for a longer stay since it has the kitchen. If you want to be in the middle of downtown, you might want to find a hotel closer to the waterfront attractions.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Jackie
"Great location, beautiful view on sea side."
All in all no complaints at all. Great location, beautiful view although extra cost for seaview, but worth it for us. Clean, comfortable rooms. The only downside for us and some may think this is small, is the coffee is horrible! Suggest a new brand.
3 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Great hotel... Great spot... Only problem the harbor is loud at night
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
Great continental breakfast and free coffee 24/7!
2 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
"Pricey hotel but typical high Marriott Standards"
Pricey I say because the waterfront is not exactly a waterfront, very convenient if you are catching a ferry as it is right next to the hotel.
P-unit
"Comfortable not deluxe"
The hotel is clean, pleasant and functional. Pool area is unattractive. Our room was spacious and comfortable but not luxurious. Towels and soaps were so-so. Water view was over warehouses. Despite these criticisms, the experience overall was very good. We will stay there again.
"Quick"
We didn't stay long enough to give a fair rating-but overall everything was fine.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Nice hotel, good location, very friendly staff"
the hotel is nice. nothing amazing or special but pleasing. room was pretty clean when we got it. even though we ordered the room for 2 adults and 2 kids, the beds for the kids were not made up and we had no only to set it all up by ourselves but also when we called house keeping for an extra blanket, TWICE, it arrived way after they were already sleeping (about hour and a half after the first call....)
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Daniela
"Very nice!"
Had a room with a view of the harbor which was always active. Close to 'tourist' area. Room was spacious. Nice additions were a couple of Happy Hours each day. Would stay here again.
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2014
Eve
The bathrooms are weak. Slow-release toilet seat, ceiling fan and towel bars in vanity area would be a nice addition.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Deborah
"Nice convenient hotel"
We had two days with an overall wonderful visit with some minor maintenance issues. These were dealt with promptly and to our complete satisfaction. We highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again. Location was perfect and the staff was great.
2 night romance trip Sep 3, 2014
dave
"Good value!"
We were able to check in before noon, and they allowed us to park our car in the garage for 2 days. My husband even had the complimentary breakfast buffet when he checked in!. This is not a continental breakfast! It included fresh fruit, oatmeal, cold cereals, waffle maker, eggs, home fries, sausage, boiled eggs, muffins, etc. Definitely a good value for travelers! I loved our corner room layout, and if we had more time, I'm sure the kitchen would be in use, but then again, with so many great places to go out in Old Port, it would be hard to eat for dinner rather than go out in town!!!
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Service was fine, and the morning complementary breakfast was far more than I anticipated! My only disappointment was after spending well over $300. per night, I would have hoped for a harbor view, rather than an inner courtyard view of the building next to us. Also, the layout/design of our room left no privacy for one to use the bathroom sink area (no door or wall separation). Also, no hotel-stocked pay-as-you-use bar/snacks in fridge (minor issue).
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
G. Anderson
"Great Location & Good Facilities"
We stayed here over Labor Day weekend, and were happy with it. The hotel is right off Commercial, so it is close to all the activities. We also liked having easy access to the ferry terminal since we wanted to visit Peaks Island. As for the hotel itself, I've always liked Residence Inn's room size and full kitchen. This one is similar to others we have visited. Staff were friendly and quick to help when called on. Room cleanliness was fantastic; no problems at all. It seemed like the hotel was nearly full, but we didn't have any issues with quiet at night. Excellent, since I'm a light sleeper! Exercise room and pool were adequate, although if you like to run there are a couple nice routes in town that will be more interesting than the treadmills. I'm knocking a star off my rating due to the construction happening in the pool area, even though I understand that these types of things must be done. Also, the parking situation is a little awkward, with the ramp being nearly full on some nights. I do understand that parking in this area of town is difficult in general, though. Overall a good place to stay.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Great hotel for walking around old town Portland"
The perfect hotel for a long relaxing stay for a couple or family.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"A great stay in Portland"
I stay at Resident Inn's often. The Portland Resident Inn is the nicest by far. Located just a few blocks from the happenings along the water, it was the perfect location to see the sights, yet not have the noise at night. Kudos to George at the front desk for his recommendations for dinner and lunch
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Rich G.
1. Hotel had been flooded and effected all administration, breakfast and lounge--should of been informed of this; 2. The smallest wine glasses in the world--don't know where they could have obtained these (2-3oz) 3. WIFI was not working or inadequate
4 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Gary Stewart
"Chosen for Pet Friendliness, Lacking in other ways"
I specifically chose this hotel for its pet policy. They were EXTREMELY welcoming to my small dog,VERY nice people working the desk. Room was spacious & clean but having a pet, we were stuck on the second floor, so my OCEAN VIEW was a view of the warehouse across the street- EXTREMELY disappointing. Hotel is well appointed, the pool was large but there were towels strewn everywhere by 7pm. Nice shuttle service but the driver was older, didnt talk & had no recommendations to us weary travelers where we might find dinner at a place that allowed dogs. The young guy at the desk was much more helpful, providing a map and circling choices for us. We were promised free hot breakfast in the mornings but due to a huge flood the night before, there were only super carb rich, cold items offered in lobby. Kids were happy w/the sugary treats but as a person who eats more sensibly, I was not. Due to the flood, the first floor was under renovations and they left the door to the street open all day which seemed pretty negligent since Portland is crawling w/homeless & deranged looking people all over the place w/cardboard signs begging for help. Hotel is at the very end of the nice strip by the waterfront, its not in the bustling chic part, its set off near a huge creepy parking garage-sketchy at night. Their pet fee was double that of other places and room rate of $400 was VASTLY overpriced for a warehouse view and NOTHING at all special. Its a $200 place at best:(
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Christine
"great stay"
great staff. loved the salt water pool. bartender was very nice. the only thing i didn't like was the fact that the sink wasn't in the bathroom. always find that to be a weird design.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Very clean and a friendly staff. Room was huge and accommodating for a bunch of women getting ready for a wedding!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Lots to like"
The Residence Inn in Portland is delightful. The staff is extremely helpful, the rooms are spacious and clean, the ambiance excellent. In addition it's right in the heart of town - lots of great stores and eating places.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Bubbie
"Didn't expect the families"
It was a good stay – here's a few things that I didn't expect... - as a "residence" suite, there were a LOT more families than I was anticipating. I should have known that. - being next to the port means that it smells like seagull excrement ALL THE TIME. - "free" breakfast doesn't mean it's great. I'd say edible at best. For what it costs, it was a bit over rated.
3 night romance trip Jun 27, 2014
"Shot in the dark..."
We needed vacation and we have never been to Maine. We chose Portland and picked this hotel. Our room was assigned by Bryan. We got to room to discover the closet doors were stuck open. Bryan fixed us up immediately with no delay. All staff (desk, the sweet lady at breakfast, room attendants, etc.) were all very friendly and did all they could to make this a great experience.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Rob
"Weekend Visit"
We really enjoyed this hotel Breakfast buffet had many choices, and there were assorted evening food offerings, along with happy hour events. Nice sitting areas in the lobby with fireplaces. A comfortable and very accommodating hotel overall, would come back again.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
G
"Excellent Hotel"
Residence Inn is a very good hotel close to downtown and beach. The parking price is reasonable. If you don't have a car you can walk around the city because everything is close by. The hotel itself is very clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. The breakfast was included and it was good.
2 night family trip May 30, 2014
"Want to live there..."
Hotel was more than what we expected. I knew the room had a kitchette type set up, but this was beyond that. Very well set up room with more than what we would need for an extended stay. Staff was very friendly and the dinner buffet was an unexpected pleasure. We stayed at another hotel then next night in another city during our vacation and were disappointed after the great experience that we had at this hotel. It was nice to also have pool hours open early and a little later so that we had time to take advantage of the facility.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Wonderful Staff"
We stayed two nights. The hotel staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. The location is a little out of the way, but the hospitality is worth it!
2 night trip May 9, 2014
My husband and I went to the Residence Inn for my birthday weekend. We frequently visit Portland, but usually stay outside the Old Port for more economical accommodations. Given it was my birthday (and that we found a great rate on hotels.com) we decided to splurge this time. We were very happy with the accomodations. The room was clean, comfortable bed, and had a full kitchenette which was very useful. The hotel is just a short walk to all our favorite places to eat, drink, and shop. We will definitely go back!
2 night romance trip Apr 26, 2014
"Amazing Mini Get a away"
Just stayed here for 4 days, hotel was very nice, staff even nicer. William , Bryan, Peter and Gil were all so helpful with recommending places to go and to eat. Anything we needed they were there, super friendly! Beautiful hotel and beautiful city! The phone in the hotel even had a PIZZA button!! Portland Pie company will deliver straight to your room!
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Valerie
"Friendly staff, large room, affordable"
I stayed here for one night and I'd never stayed at a residence inn. Now I know if I'm traveling for a long period of time (more than a couple nights), I'll look to stay in one. The small kitchen is so great if you want to prepare your own food or use the fridge. The room was really large and comfortable. It was quiet too. Def would stay here again or one of their other locations.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Emily
"Celebrating my 50th Birthday"
My husband and I came down to Portland for the night to celebrate my 50th birthday. The hotel was nice, clean and welcoming. The staff was friendly. We enjoyed the pool and spa as well as the breakfast the next morning. The hotel is in such a nice spot, we took a morning walk before we headed back home.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Top Notch Experience"
Thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the Residence Inn by Marriott Portland Downtown Waterfront
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
smarin6179
nice place for an long stay
2 night romance trip Mar 19, 2014
"Great location, amenities and rate."
This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and would recommend it highly to anyone. It's located in a great area, has a free shuttle to and from the airport and the hotel rooms are spacious and well-appointed. The fitness room is nice too.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
aly
"Great Stay!"
The room was so clean and the staff was fantastic!
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
Everything about this place was amazing. We will definitely be staying there again!
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2014
"Great place to stay!"
The stay was great. Very clean and comfortable. Would've been very comfortable during an extended stay there. Would highly recommend to anyone!
1 night trip Feb 13, 2014
Logan
Walking distance to shops and restaurants . Quick drive to 4 different lighthouses.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Not bad, but..."
Check-in was OK. Room was one of the Suites facing the "ocean". Actually, facing a telephone pole, a fish processing plant, and a few more buildings before seeing the "ocean" was more like it. Room was nice, bed was comfy, but could hear the bathroom in the 5th floor flush. Conti breakfast was decent. The exercise room was pretty nice, a few ellipticals, treadmills, and free-weights! Pool and hot tub were also nice. Paid over $200 for one night stay, plus another (separate) fee for parking??? Really? Not again...
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
Phil
"Nice in-town hotel."
Hotel accommodations were very nice. Parking garage next door. Walking distance to everything you could want. Right on the edge of the Old Port area.
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
T
"Great location, great service."
There weren't many bad things about this hotel. My only complaint is that the sofa bed they provided felt like sleeping on metal cans. Otherwise everything was wonderful. The room was sparkling, although I did find a dirty plate in the dishwasher. The hotel staff were all very polite and inquisitive.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
Dean
No one came to clean our room. Had to ask for fresh towels & wait almost 30 min.for that. Rooms are very nice & clean. Staff was very friendly.
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2014
CN
"Weekend Getaway"
The hotel and room were fantastic! We would book this again anytime. The room was a large suite. The hotel was an easy walk into the Old Port, Portland. Great location!
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Lynda
"A gem in Portland."
One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. It was beyond expectations.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
Lea
Hotel is at wrong end of town and our ocean view room looked out to the harbor over not very attractive industrial buildings. Still, a perfectly adequate hotel.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
"close to all Portland downtown venues."
Nice kitchen set up.
3 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Hotel staff was knowledgeable about the area and the room was very nice
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"Don't do it!"
We paid extra to have en "ocean view." What we got was an electrical transformer right in our window and almost no real view of the ocean. It was deceptive at best and just downright sleazy at worst. What a rip off. If I hadn't paid extra for the view it wouldn't be a big deal, but they know that room has no ocean view and still did it. Contacted Marriott and they could care less...
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
greg
"Great value with nice family amenities"
We stay in Portland every Christmas night, which is a welcome reprieve from family holiday drama. The Residence Inn was great. We ended up hosting my 10 year old nieces for movie night, and found special touches like a pull out couch and microwave popcorn a grade A touch. Good location, quiet room, and a nice view of the ocean.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2013