All hotels in Portland, Maine, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here145 Fore Street, Portland, ME, 04101, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Lots to like"
The Residence Inn in Portland is delightful. The staff is extremely helpful, the rooms are spacious and clean, the ambiance excellent. In addition it's right in the heart of town - lots of great stores and eating places.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Bubbie
"Didn't expect the families"
It was a good stay – here's a few things that I didn't expect... - as a "residence" suite, there were a LOT more families than I was anticipating. I should have known that. - being next to the port means that it smells like seagull excrement ALL THE TIME. - "free" breakfast doesn't mean it's great. I'd say edible at best. For what it costs, it was a bit over rated.
3 night romance trip Jun 27, 2014
"Shot in the dark..."
We needed vacation and we have never been to Maine. We chose Portland and picked this hotel. Our room was assigned by Bryan. We got to room to discover the closet doors were stuck open. Bryan fixed us up immediately with no delay. All staff (desk, the sweet lady at breakfast, room attendants, etc.) were all very friendly and did all they could to make this a great experience.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Rob
"Weekend Visit"
We really enjoyed this hotel Breakfast buffet had many choices, and there were assorted evening food offerings, along with happy hour events. Nice sitting areas in the lobby with fireplaces. A comfortable and very accommodating hotel overall, would come back again.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
G
"Excellent Hotel"
Residence Inn is a very good hotel close to downtown and beach. The parking price is reasonable. If you don't have a car you can walk around the city because everything is close by. The hotel itself is very clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. The breakfast was included and it was good.
2 night family trip May 30, 2014
"Want to live there..."
Hotel was more than what we expected. I knew the room had a kitchette type set up, but this was beyond that. Very well set up room with more than what we would need for an extended stay. Staff was very friendly and the dinner buffet was an unexpected pleasure. We stayed at another hotel then next night in another city during our vacation and were disappointed after the great experience that we had at this hotel. It was nice to also have pool hours open early and a little later so that we had time to take advantage of the facility.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Wonderful Staff"
We stayed two nights. The hotel staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. The location is a little out of the way, but the hospitality is worth it!
2 night trip May 9, 2014
My husband and I went to the Residence Inn for my birthday weekend. We frequently visit Portland, but usually stay outside the Old Port for more economical accommodations. Given it was my birthday (and that we found a great rate on hotels.com) we decided to splurge this time. We were very happy with the accomodations. The room was clean, comfortable bed, and had a full kitchenette which was very useful. The hotel is just a short walk to all our favorite places to eat, drink, and shop. We will definitely go back!
2 night romance trip Apr 26, 2014
"Amazing Mini Get a away"
Just stayed here for 4 days, hotel was very nice, staff even nicer. William , Bryan, Peter and Gil were all so helpful with recommending places to go and to eat. Anything we needed they were there, super friendly! Beautiful hotel and beautiful city! The phone in the hotel even had a PIZZA button!! Portland Pie company will deliver straight to your room!
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Valerie
"Friendly staff, large room, affordable"
I stayed here for one night and I'd never stayed at a residence inn. Now I know if I'm traveling for a long period of time (more than a couple nights), I'll look to stay in one. The small kitchen is so great if you want to prepare your own food or use the fridge. The room was really large and comfortable. It was quiet too. Def would stay here again or one of their other locations.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Emily
"Celebrating my 50th Birthday"
My husband and I came down to Portland for the night to celebrate my 50th birthday. The hotel was nice, clean and welcoming. The staff was friendly. We enjoyed the pool and spa as well as the breakfast the next morning. The hotel is in such a nice spot, we took a morning walk before we headed back home.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Top Notch Experience"
Thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the Residence Inn by Marriott Portland Downtown Waterfront
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
smarin6179
nice place for an long stay
2 night romance trip Mar 19, 2014
"Great location, amenities and rate."
This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and would recommend it highly to anyone. It's located in a great area, has a free shuttle to and from the airport and the hotel rooms are spacious and well-appointed. The fitness room is nice too.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
aly
"Great Stay!"
The room was so clean and the staff was fantastic!
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
Everything about this place was amazing. We will definitely be staying there again!
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2014
"Great place to stay!"
The stay was great. Very clean and comfortable. Would've been very comfortable during an extended stay there. Would highly recommend to anyone!
1 night trip Feb 13, 2014
Logan
Walking distance to shops and restaurants . Quick drive to 4 different lighthouses.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Not bad, but..."
Check-in was OK. Room was one of the Suites facing the "ocean". Actually, facing a telephone pole, a fish processing plant, and a few more buildings before seeing the "ocean" was more like it. Room was nice, bed was comfy, but could hear the bathroom in the 5th floor flush. Conti breakfast was decent. The exercise room was pretty nice, a few ellipticals, treadmills, and free-weights! Pool and hot tub were also nice. Paid over $200 for one night stay, plus another (separate) fee for parking??? Really? Not again...
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
Phil
"Nice in-town hotel."
Hotel accommodations were very nice. Parking garage next door. Walking distance to everything you could want. Right on the edge of the Old Port area.
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
T
"Great location, great service."
There weren't many bad things about this hotel. My only complaint is that the sofa bed they provided felt like sleeping on metal cans. Otherwise everything was wonderful. The room was sparkling, although I did find a dirty plate in the dishwasher. The hotel staff were all very polite and inquisitive.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
Dean
No one came to clean our room. Had to ask for fresh towels & wait almost 30 min.for that. Rooms are very nice & clean. Staff was very friendly.
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2014
CN
"Weekend Getaway"
The hotel and room were fantastic! We would book this again anytime. The room was a large suite. The hotel was an easy walk into the Old Port, Portland. Great location!
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Lynda
"A gem in Portland."
One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. It was beyond expectations.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
Lea
Hotel is at wrong end of town and our ocean view room looked out to the harbor over not very attractive industrial buildings. Still, a perfectly adequate hotel.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
"close to all Portland downtown venues."
Nice kitchen set up.
3 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Hotel staff was knowledgeable about the area and the room was very nice
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"Don't do it!"
We paid extra to have en "ocean view." What we got was an electrical transformer right in our window and almost no real view of the ocean. It was deceptive at best and just downright sleazy at worst. What a rip off. If I hadn't paid extra for the view it wouldn't be a big deal, but they know that room has no ocean view and still did it. Contacted Marriott and they could care less...
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
greg
"Great value with nice family amenities"
We stay in Portland every Christmas night, which is a welcome reprieve from family holiday drama. The Residence Inn was great. We ended up hosting my 10 year old nieces for movie night, and found special touches like a pull out couch and microwave popcorn a grade A touch. Good location, quiet room, and a nice view of the ocean.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2013
Lynn
"Great downtown hotel"
We have stayed here multiple times and always have a great experience!!! Staff is exceptional, going out of there way to make sure guests are comfortable:-) highly recommend!
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
jennifer
It was exceptional and would like to stay again
1 night trip Dec 9, 2013
Staff was really great. Bar restaurant quite nice.Room a little dreary.
1 night trip Dec 8, 2013
"A dream!"
Loved the room…so spacious comfortable and clean. Extremely happy with the water. My experience with some hotels is the water is "hard" therefore very unkind to the hair. My husband and I could not believe how quiet it was throughout your establishment. I look forward to many return visits. This one was brief and left no time for a night cap at the bar. We were way too busy! I do have one request, a magnifying mirror for makeup application would be very appreciated. Thank so much for the wonderful service! Everyone is so positive and pleasant! See you soon!!!
1 night trip Dec 6, 2013
nancy and richard
"Convenient for walking around"
Booked an overnight while visiting friends in the area. The location is a bit "lonely" and the view of harbor over an unattractive processing metal processing plant. it appears this section of waterfront building up. Parking is in adjacent garage ($12 per day) or some taking chances of not getting ticketed while parking on street. The room was very large and well appointed (with the typical Residence Inn immaculate kitchen and extra sitting areas). Front desk staff very friendly and helpful and continental breakfast simple but adequate. Little bar in lobby was open when we returned at night with a few patrons socializing.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
We stayed in a dog friendly room. It was so clean and nicely furnished. We will definately come back again.
3 night family trip Nov 28, 2013
nancy
"Satisfactory Stay"
Although close to the old sea port, it is not in the heart of it like other hotels. Overall, a satisfactory stay. Clean; nice breakfast.
2 night trip Nov 29, 2013
"Great hotel!!!"
This was my birthday present to my wife, and we can't choose a better place, love the stuff, you guys rock. Can't wait to come back.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
We had a great time!! Very at home!
2 night romance trip Nov 22, 2013
Kelli
"Close to Portland waterfront"
Wonderful staff- clean rooms with full kitchen. Great spot at a great rate!
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
stella
rooms were very clean! front desk friendly and helpful. huge breakfast buffet included, a real perk for a family or someone on the go.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
"Clean affordable hotel with excellent staff"
Our entire experience at this hotel was wonderful. We were greeted by very friendly staff at the front desk and check in was very quick and easy. Our room was wonderful with an ocean view and was very clean. The only negative was that we were on the second floor and a higher floor would have given us a better view. The entire staff was extremely nice and very helpful especially a woman in the dining area named Moon and one of the housekeeper's name Victoria. The exercise and pool areas were also very clean and well kept and the exercise room had very modern equipment. Overall this was a very pleasant experience.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
"Nice hotel Terrible heating systems!"
I enjoyed my stay except for the fact that in my first room the heating system started making so much noise that I could not stay in the room. I was told that they had no other rooms of the same type that I had so the wanted to move me to a lesser room (no offer of a discount?????) Finally they found a similar room. The heat in that room worked poorly fluctuating from 72 deg to 76 deg Remote needed batteries. I put my own in to avoid one more call or trip downstairs!
Other trip Nov 8, 2013
Ingo
"Awesome, just Awesome."
Great location. Easy walking distance to everything. Staff was awesome. We were sorry we had to leave after a week. Great place in a great place.
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
Bar, but no restaurant. If I had known I would have stayed at the Hampton Inn down the street. Parking was confusing and not convenient.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Great weekend; no complaints!"
A couple friends and I stayed for a low-key girls' weekend and everything was great! Nice location, clean room, very friendly front-desk staff, and yummy daily breakfast options. The tasteful Halloween decorations in the lobby really added a nice homey feeling! I'm so sorry I can't remember his name, but our van driver from the airport was wonderful. He was very nice, offered tons of suggestions to make our stay enjoyable, and went out of his way to show us a beautiful view of the bay. I would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
"Comfortable hotel with nice location"
Liked the location. Clean and comfortable room.
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Cathy
"Nice hotel near commercial street."
Very impressed with the hotel and staff. Room was spotless with a beautiful view of the waterfront. Free wifi, breakfast and coffee throughout the day. Also had an evening sociable with food, fruit and desserts. Parking was across the street in a garage for $12.00 a night. Hotel was within easy walking distance to Commercial Street with all the shops and places to eat. Bed was extremely comfortable, nice kitchen with a good size room. Very happy with our stay and would definitely go back.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Sherry
"Suite with a view"
We found our suite to be very clean and quiet. The harbor view gave an added bonus with cruise ships right there. The parking garage next door for $12.00 a day was another plus. Within walking distance to all the restaurants and shops. We would definitely return!
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Leslie
"great place to stay in portland, me"
overall very nice, clean simple no fuzz hotel, great location and breakfast is included, friendly and authentic brand.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2013
juancarlos casas
"Great suite hotel"
We stayed here because we had been travelling for a week and wanted some comfort. It exceded all our expectations. We had a great view of the port from our room. The location being a little on the edge of the town was not a problem as the hotel offered a free shuttle (and pick up) from restaurants etc. Parking was easy in car park next door. Bonus of huge laundry room for all the accumulated washing. Apt kitchen was well appointed for anyone wanting to cook, not that we did with all the great restaurants on offer!
Other trip Sep 28, 2013