All hotels in Texas City, Texas, United States of America
1700 Hwy 146 N, Texas City, TX, 77590, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Was experience ever. Coming back from a party and no parking.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Rooms comfortable and clean"
Hotel was more than adequate, and the staff was gracious and accommodating.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2014
Annie
"Decent hotel"
First we couldn't find the hotel on the gps and after calling their directions were not very helpful. They had a small free use laundromat and the staff was very nice. Pillows were hard but room was pretty nice
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
hollye
There are not easy to find
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
wetyme43
"Bad location"
The place was nice and clean but hard to find
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Ktimmons
"Good location, not too busy"
The hotel was close enough to Galveston that we didn't mind driving but far enough to be out of any city traffic. The only issue we had with our room was the fact that we found a rather large roach. That was not pleasant. Other than that, the staff and hotel were great!
4 night trip with friends May 29, 2014
Alexis
"Nice hotel 15 mins away from beach"
Hotel staff was wonderful. Room was great and clean. Only complaint was the stove top did not work and we bought food to cook before finding this out. Would definetly stay here again
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Kate
"Nice hotel close to Galveston"
Nice hotel, close to Galveston. Only complaint is they don't have a continental breakfast.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Excellent, helpful staff."
Impressed by their staff. They made special accommodations for us so that we could have a room next to our sister. Always there to help with a smile. Excellent complementary coffee and tea provided.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Exceptional rooms"
Very clean and nicely appointed rooms. Staff very friendly. Hotel looks new- would prefer if hotel had a hot tub and pool
2 night trip with friends May 24, 2014
Craig
Very clean, quite, and nice.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
"Going to cruise"
Was pleasantly surprised how nice the hotel was and how accessible everything was.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Humid and musty"
We generally enjoy staying at Candlewood Suites, so I was a bit disappointed by this one. While it's convenient to get to, the neighborhood it's in isn't that great. When we arrived, the AC had been set to 76, but the room felt warm and very humid. I lowered the thermostat and it did get a bit cooler, but it remained humid all night long. Although it appeared to be a non-smoking hotel, my wife and I could both smell stale cigarettes in the hallways, but not in the room. I did report the AC issue and the manager said that they'd check it out, for what that's worth.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
"Galveston Island is expensive. Candlewood is NOT!"
They had the best price, a lovely room with kitchen, roomy bath, upscale everything including a laundry and exercise room. Don't want to make a whole pot of coffee in the room? Get a cup at the snack room. OK , there's no pool. You can pay nearly double and stay at the place in Galveston that thought theirs with cracks in the concrete and peeling paint make a great advertisement. It's 20 minutes to the cruise ships.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Penny
"Second Chance"
My overall experience was good and the team members epitomized great customer service. I had one significant problem that was handled in a professional and timely manner. The hotel manager took measures to demonstrate how serious my dis-satisfaction meant to their establishment and took steps to resolve it. I was satisfied with his professionalism and overall result. I will give Candlewood Suites another chance when I am in the area again.
Other trip May 11, 2014
Honey
"3rd time staying here"
It's a really nice hotel. This was our 3rd time to stay there & it could have been better. The first 2 times where great because we where on the front side of the hotel & the sun was on the back side & we where only there 2 nights. This time we where on the back side & there was only a thin white cover over the window so when the sun comes up your up. We stayed 4 nights & NO room service because they don't have it & you have to go get your own towels & if u needed your bed changed you have to do it. So if you're only staying 1-2 nights it's a great hotel if more then that just don't book it!!
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Lovely hotel, not helpful manager"
1. Found out WHEN WE GOT THERE that there is a $50 deposit that must be made against possible damage to the room. There were 3 couples in 3 rooms, 4 of us in our 80's and two in their 60's. Not exactly a profile for a roudy bunch.2. By error (mine) I had reserved 3 rooms, then cancelled them, then re-reserved them. Unfortunately, I actually had not cancelled one room. So one couple was booked into 2 rooms. The Manager would not bend his rule of early cancellation although it was only 6 PM and I'm sure he rented rooms past that time. An expensive error on my part but we will never book into a Candlewood Suites again.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Very nice!"
Stayed here on a weekend trip to Galveston (which is just 25 mins away). Although we agreed that the next time we we'll just spend a little more money to actually stay IN Galveston, we couldn't help but appreciate how pleasant our stay was! The rooms are very spacious. Had kind of a homey, apartment feel because of the wooden floors in the "kitchen." My boyfriend loved the recliner too! Very clean, even though it kind of sucks that housekeeping only comes once weekly, so we would've had to change our own sheets had we needed new ones. I know that sounds lazy, but who stays at a hotel to do their own chores? Anyway, the front desk clerks are polite & professional. The showers are awesome, come with 3 spray settings, & spray EVENLY. If we had to be in Texas City again, we'd definitely be back.
2 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Caity
"Pleasant stay."
I like this hotel. Clean, comfy, and affordable. Nothing really negative that needs to be pointed out. Overall, this is a great place.
9 night business trip Mar 17, 2014
"Convenient and quiet"
The staff was very helpful and professional. Everything was clean and in perfect working order. Made our stay very nice. Even though the hotel was close to the highway the area was very quiet.
2 night trip Mar 13, 2014
"Nice hotel, cheaper than Galveston but still close"
Nice hotel, cheaper than Galveston but still close. Everyone was very friendly.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Carrie
"Very clean, very nice, very comfortable"
I booked two rooms. I had events in Galveston but didn't want to pay the high prices. This place was PERFECT!
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
m jameson
"Not a good experience"
Never got to stay. We arrived to check in. We had a reservation paid. for. Told the lady at hotel.com we had a small dog 2 times. The website said dogs were ok. She made a note of the dog. Took our credit card number and charged us for the room one night. We arrived to check in and the manager said it would be $75.00 NON Refundable deposit for our little chi chi. No where on the website said there was a deposit nor did the lady from hotels.com. So we did not check in. We left but I did get a refund from hotels.com. Would I stay there again no! Not dog friendly.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"Nice hotel that's close to everything"
Excellent, we really enjoyed our stay! There is really much else to say.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
"Would stay again."
The rooms were like a home away from home. Beds were very comfortable. Laundry was free just needed your own soap. The only complaint was my tv was dark because it was on energy saving mode and couldn't change it. Very comfortable stay.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Andreina
clean and easy to find
2 night family trip Dec 7, 2013
David Bullard
"You call those pillows?"
The pillows were a joke. Very small and flat. I had to buy a pillow at Wal-Mart for $2.50 that was bigger and fluffier. On the plus side, the bed was comfortable, the laundry was free and the fridge had an ice maker. We will stay here again but bring our own pillows.
3 night business trip Nov 16, 2013
Lauram
"would recommend"
We stayed at this hotel for the weekend. It's about 15 minutes from the Kemah boardwalk & about 20 minutes from Galveston (we did not take the ferry). We were surprised at how big the room & bathroom were. It has a full kitchen complete w/ dishwasher, stovetop, microwave, & dishes/cookware. We were very pleased with the room. The only negative thing is the bed was slightly uncomfortable but did not cause us to lose sleep. We only stayed 2 nights so an extended stay might cause trouble sleeping. We brought our own towels and were happy we did; the towels they provided were thin & scratchy. Overall a good experience & would stay here again for another weekend trip.
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2013
"very good place to stay and enjoy"
liked it very much nice place to stay
4 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2013
P. Ford
Overall A+
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Justa
"Business"
Very nice hotel, wish I could have found one closer to my venue.Will stay again
1 night business trip Oct 25, 2013
Vendor
"Close to the Texas City Fishing"
Was a great time. Enjoyed the stay and very relaxing. Not sure what the big deal was about 2 extra pillows and having to bring them back to the front desk when checking out. But close to many things and over all the room was pretty great. Yes I would use them again.
3 night trip Oct 24, 2013
Beverly Johnson
"Rooms not cleaned next morning. Staff rude."
Staff was rude . Rooms not cleaned every day. Had to ask for clean towels.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
No complaints on the room, it was clean and nicely appointed.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"great stay"
My boyfriend and I wanted a room that was near pleasure pleasure pier but not in Galveston, this place was perfect, we were about 20 min from the pier, the room was very clean and we really enjoyed our stay
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2013
"handy"
well it was ok stay,except the 50.00 billing to my debit card,that there holding for 10 days.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
gary
"Smelly Room and unfriendly Staff"
The room was stuffy, and smelled horrible. The staff very unfriendly. Housekeeping does not clean the rooms, until checkout. For extra towels you have to return your used once to the front desk. Yuck !! The room was clean but the smell made it feel dirty. I do not recommend this hotel. Staff personnel (females) wore no uniform. No creamer or sugar in the room. Pillows were flat, contacted front desk who advised us that we need to get the pillows ourselves from downstairs.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Nick
Excellent buy towels rough.
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2013
"No housekeeping"
Didnt like the fact of having to go to the front desk to get clean towels. This was an extended stay hotel so housekeeping only would come by once a week. Other than that, nice place to stay.
2 night romance trip Sep 7, 2013
"Thank you Candlewood Suites"
This was a great place. Bring your own bacon and eggs
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"close to all"
nice, clean place will stay there again.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
freddy
"not bad at all"
Stayed in this hotel recently, as a pet-friendly hotel in Galveston was too expensive. This hotel was only about 20 minutes from Galveston. Nothing much to look at from the outside. It's on the side of a highway, no real trees around it. 3 floors. No breakfast, no pool. Price wasn't cheap, but it could have been worse. The room was quite comfortable. Clean, nice little kitchenette-no oven though. Nice big closet. Roomy bathroom. Nice size flat screen TV, with a DVD player, which was a nice bonus. We were in a non-smoking room, but we were towards the end of the hallway, and next door to the group of smoking rooms; therefore, the hallway really stunk. I could hear the noise from the people above-walking, peeing, etc but the hotel was pretty quiet overall, even though they seemed full. Nice area for my pooch to do her deeds. Lots of grass, bagggies provided. There was even a BBQ area by the pet area. All in all, not a bad place to stay.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Comfortable beds, good night's sleep"
Last minute reservation. Comfortable beds, good coffee, shop for snacks and close to Denny's for food. Only problem was I booked 4 rooms with 2 beds each over the phone. When we arrived, we had 4 rooms with 1 bed each. Our group had to bunk together overnight, but we were too exhausted to care. Better than the other place we had reserved nearby! Great for what we needed.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2013
Kimberly
"Very nice hotel, close to Houston and Galveston."
Room was very clean. The lady working the desk during check in and check out was extremely friendly. The only issues were lack of privacy curtains and I could hear foot steps from the room above mine in the morning.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
david
"GREAT HOTEL"
This was our 2nd time staying here & it is still the best hotel we have ever stayed at!! Its only 15 min away from Galveston .
1 night romance trip Jul 14, 2013
Samantha
great
4 night trip Jul 8, 2013
Torres
"getaway"
Overall it was ok. I would have like it better if hotels.com had posted a realistic picture of my room. The one posted on the website is for the one bedroom suite and does not look anything like the regular suites. Additionally, I wished the hotel had a swimming pool and breakfast. I mean even smaller hotel chains have both of these items.
3 night trip Jul 11, 2013
Michael C.
Everything was great!! The staff was very friendly, hotel was nice, and the room was already cool when we got there!!! It was definitely worth driving to from Galveston. We plan on staying there again.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
The room was clean and comfortable. Our son is disabled; we requested a bottom floor room so he wouldn't drive everyone crazy with all his pounding, and it was given to us. They don't have daily house keeping, because it is designed to be an Extended-Stay hotel, and it says that in the hotel description. They also don't have breakfast for the same reason, but there is a kitchen with a stove, full fridge and freezer, and microwave in the room. The washer/dryer are also free, but bring your own detergent and dryer sheets. Our son got sick and we ended up staying one day in the hotel room, and they had free movies available for check-out at the front desk, some pretty good stuff like Liar Liar by Jim Carey and Castaway with Tom Hanks.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
Sage
"Good experience"
Very nice hotel for the money. The location was an easy 10 minutes from Galveston. The room and bathroom were very clean and spacious with a nice kitchenette. The in-room DVD player was a nice touch. The hotel's video library was rather thin but a Red Box is just around the corner. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Our only complaint was the bed and choice of pillow types. We're not fans of pillow-top mattresses so we found the bed somewhat uncomfortable, and the only pillows available were soft foam. But that's just a matter of personal preference.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013