All hotels in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Km 2.7 Quepos to Manuel Antonio Road, Manuel Antonio, Puntarenas, 6350, Costa Rica, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.9
"Peaceful paradise"
We loved this hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone. The hotel itself is beautiful and in a beautiful location. The staff are highly personable. The restaurant on premises is fantastic. I have a food allergy and only told them once and from then on, every meal the staff made sure I knew that my food was safe. The spa is so relaxing. You could just sit and look at the view and that in itself would make your vacation!
4 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Robin
"GAIA: The best in Manuel Antonio!"
Absolutely amazing property! Highly recommend staying here!
2 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
Jossie
"Honeymoon trip"
Fantastic accommodation & customer service
2 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Jonathan
"Paradise to another level"
Everything was phenomenal. We had a jungle view studio and even though we didn't have a balcony, we just chilled by the pool or at the pool bar. Roy and David got everything we needed. The restaurant and bar are great for the sunset and for the nightcap. The staff is unbelievably nice, literally everyone. Also, the guests we encountered were very nice and down to earth, not the snobbery you might expect from a 5 star hotel. I hope we're lucky enough to come back again.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Ryan
"Great luxury hotel"
Beautifully designed spacious room, very friendly and helpful staff, excellent restaurant, nice pool with great view, excellent spa
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Ilan
"Life can't get any better!"
We had a wonderful time at Gaia. Roy was extremely helpful in hooking us up with the zip line tour, restaurant and gave excellent suggestions. We really enjoy having Breakfast overlooking the breathtaking panoramic view. Relaxing foot massage.
Keith & Jennife
"So much to say in so little time."
Basically wonderful!!!! The property is situated on top of a hill between a jungle. I say that because you're in creatures natural habitat. It was not a bother though just something to keep in mind. The staff are very attentive and personal...shout out to Roy, both Alex's (driver especially) and concierge, Brian and Joshua for those great pool side drinks. Anything we desired the staff was more than happy to arrange for us. Did a lot of tours so did not get in a lot of hotel time. My wife and I also went to the spa and I have to say one of the best. The biggest treat was after this experience we were treated by the monkeys coming out and playing in the tree and roof tops. I mean I could go on and on and so fourth...Basically everything was well over my expectations.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Q
"Amazing place except to watch the World Cup games"
Great service! Only complaint .... The TV was literally a 17 Inch I wanted to watch one of their many free movies. Instead of laying in bed watching I had to sit on the couch to Get close enough.... And the World Cup was on .... Not a good place to watch the games..... The hotel is beautiful and the staff amAzing. !! Upgrade your TV s!
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
"Beautiful Unique Hotel"
Loved our stay at Gaia. The hotel it's self is in a very unique setting. All of the employees were really nice, attentive and super helpful. The food was great (so were the cocktails!). Definitely take advantage of the infinity pool; we watched the sunset from the pool and it was spectacular!
2 night romance trip Apr 13, 2014
"Beautiful"
We just loved the private top floor terrace that came with our room! The bed was extremely comfortable.
2 night business trip May 31, 2014
Jay Fry
"Great Views, Service"
Stayed at the Gaia Hotel & Reserve with my girlfriend for two nights. Service was top notch. We had a basic room which was great. No complaints there except after seeing the nicer/pricier rooms, I was a bit jealous. Free breakfast was a huge plus, so was the shuttle service to Manuel Antonio National Park. Pool setup is a bit odd, but offers great views and the best Mojito I've had in CR. Dining room atmosphere was awesome, offering a great views, weather permitting. They also have their own reserve on property and free guided tour. Overall great place, I would recommend and go back.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2014
Michael C
Only one night unfortunately....amazing place. Must go back!
Other trip May 2, 2014
"Incredible Hotel with Amazing Staff"
I can't begin to tell you how far out of their way the staff at the GAIA went for me. I was going to propose to my girlfriend on this trip, and I had some pretty elaborate requests for the proposal, including horseback riding on the beach. Although this is not common in the area, they were able to find a local farmer who would help make my proposal everything I wanted. They also set up a beautiful dinner on the beach at sunset, something else that is very atypical. Bottom line, if you ask, they will make it happen. Many thanks to Boris, Sandy, Alex and staff for making this one of the best trips ever!
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Great Service and a tasteful well designed resort"
Attention to detail and a kind, friendly staff.punctuate this stunning property - the open air restaurant is an experience not to be missed after a hot day exploring or driving. The rooms are large and comfortable, my son slept on the sofa bed and it was deluxe! The mattress was at least two feet thick. We enjoyed three tours while we stayed at the Gaia. One of their grounds, one of Manuel Antonio National park and a Mangrove boat tour. All were arranged by the resort and were wonderful.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"This resort takes it to a new height"
We were blown away by the view at GAIA. We loved the infinity pool, the customer service and the sunsets from the restaurant. The breakfast was included and it was 5 star all the way. We would consider staying at GAIA again on our next trip to Manuel Antonio.
3 night romance trip Mar 13, 2014
The Johnsons
"Solid 5- Star"
One of the best experiences by far! From the moment I entered the property with my daughter, we were greeted by Roy. Eager to please and show us around this beautiful property. He gave us a tour, showing us all the amenities and answered all our questions. You could tell from the second we met him, that he loved what he does. We were then brought to the restaurant, room and finally the spa where we were given complimentary treatments.....fantastic! This hotel is one of the best I've ever been to....the staff, the rooms, the pool, the restaurant, the nature trail and, most importantly, the service! This is a solid 5 star....hats off to making our vacation extra special.
2 night family trip Mar 8, 2014
Jeffrey Brooks
"Nice Property"
Great multi-level infinity pool with nice view of the sunset. The studio room with sofa bed was fine for my son and I. Quality breakfast and very good customer service. Location works well for Manuel Antonio and day trips. Plenty of parking and convenient carts transport you up the hill to your room. We would definitely stay here again!
2 night trip Mar 5, 2014
Anthony
"A modern, luxury hotel."
We enjoyed our stay at Gaia very much. It is high above Manuel Antonio and has its own nature preserve.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"Amazing."
Gaia exceeded my expectations, and I have high expectations. The beauty, the staff, the food, it was all incredible.
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
"A wonderful place to be"
We stayed two nights in a studio at the GAIA and loved pretty much everything about it. It is everything you would expect from a five star hotel -- with the benefit of also being a small boutique hotel (it has only 20 rooms). Spa = fantastic. Pool = beautiful and never crowded. Food = fantastic for all meals. Watching sunsets = possible from multiple locations. On site nature reserve = worth a visit. This hotel deserves its high reviews.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2014
Davi
"Nice hotel in Manuel Antonio."
Our stay was very nice, the hotel staff was very friendly, the Luna Restaurant had very good food, close to the beach and national park, and the upgrade to an ocean view suite was a very pleasant surprise.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Fantastic surprise. What a great hotel, and the food was outstanding. We had a wonderful stay!
Other trip Dec 24, 2013
Our flight arrived very early but we didn't notice the wait as Josh kept the mixed fruit juices and drinks coming while we lounged at the pool which cascades down several levels and overlooks the jungle and ocean. The hotel is not located on a beach but the complimentary shuttle service took us back and forth whenever we wanted. We never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a ride. The ride to and from the airport is also complimentary, which we didn't realize, so be sure to set that up before you arrive. Of course, we had breakfast every morning in La Luna and each one was more delicious than the last. We also ate dinner at the hotel a couple of nights and were not disappointed in the least. The food was fabulous and the staff wonderful. Our zip lining excursion with Midworld and our guided trek through Manual Antonio were arranged by the hotel conciege and went without a hitch. Midworld is a very professional operation with a great crew that has safety as its top priority. And our guide through the park was phenomenal at spotting wildlife. We wouldn't have seen 1/4 of the things he pointed out to us. All in all, our stay at the Gaia was very relaxing thanks to the very competent, accommodating and friendly staff.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
"Classy place... super staff"
Gaia definitely lives up to its 5 stars. The staff here went out of there way to accommodate my father and I when we needed things outside of the designated times. We were able to eat breakfast early twice and get an early ride to Quepos Airport. That's what you expect, but not always get with a 5-star. The hotel is beautiful and conveniently located.
2 night trip Nov 10, 2013
Ivan Chorney
"Gaia Hotel"
We booked 8 days at the Gaia Hotel in Manuel Antonio at the last minute as we were planning a trip to Utah to visit the National Parks when the federal government shut down. It turned out to be a great experience mostly because the hotel was the nicest we've ever stayed at. It's a small hotel, considered a "boutique", nestled in the Manuel Antonio region on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica. The room was large and clean but the outstanding service, pool and restaurant made the trip one of our most memorable. The desk staff helped arrange all of our tours and a rental car, the food in the restaurant was excellent and the ambiance was very romantic (the best restaurant we found in the area), the infinity pool and swim-up bar made our time fun and stress free. This is my first review, although we've used Expedia a lot, but this hotel inspired my response.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
"Absolutely Perfect!"
We went to Costa Rica to visit our daughter who is studying abroad. A bit concerned at some reviews of other hotels, we decided to spend a little more than we originally intended in order to not have those issues (cleanliness, bugs) and was it ever worth it! Excellent in every way. The service was equivalent to our only other 5 star experience being the Disney Cruise. Dining was fabulous from the outstanding meals to the service and even the beautiful views. We don't speak Spanish but the staff spoke English very well and they were just delightful in every way. The grounds are gorgeous and we would love to return for obvious reasons as well as to see the soon-to-be established Scarlet Macaw habitat. We did enjoy the 7AM staff-guided nature hike on their grounds and we saw some neat things there. The very unique layout is hilly and accommodated perfectly with their on-the-spot golf carts, though if you are feeling like a little workout you can walk all the way up or down. The workout room was very nice, too. We enjoyed the pool even while it was raining a bit! Again, overall a perfectly wonderful stay and we wish we were back already!
4 night trip Oct 3, 2013
Jamie & Paul
"Great experience and superior service"
This hotel is IN the jungle and monkey's came by the bar/restaurant area one afternoon and greeted us by our room on another. The staff is very efficient and accommodating and everyone is always pleasant. The room was spacious and well appointed. Breakfasts (included) were excellent as were the inexpensive happy hour tapas and the restaurant was good. This could be a relaxing spa vacation with sunset drinks in the infinity pool overlooking the jungle and ocean (a couple of miles away) or an adventure weekend with jungle activities. Really a great time as it's also an adults only resort, so very quiet.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
SFLtraveller
"Muy bueno!"
I found this hotel through trip advisor and could not be more happy. The service was excellent, the views are absolutely incredible, the rooms were very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the food was delicious. I can't wait to go back!
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
"Best Hotel around Manuel Antonio"
Modern hotel with real AC, close to park, free shuttle to park, beaches, public beach, Quepos. Some rooms are showers only. But all rooms are very nice and new. Free breakfast was prepared for you personnally and dinner selection were plentiful.
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
Phil & Shelia
"One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in!"
Gaia was hands down one of the best travel experiences my husband and I have ever had. Every need was met at every moment. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to everyone. We hope to return to Costa Rica in the near future and Gaia will always be our first choice. La Luna restaurant was also incredible. A must even if you are not staying at the resort.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Steph
"Flawless Customer Service"
Hotel and room were stunning. Staff were accommodating and friendly. Great service-- not stuffy and pretentious....perfect! Christian never tired of driving us around in the golf cart. Aldo and Joshua were a ton of fun in the restaurant. Front desk staff and concierge were always willing to make reservations and/or recommendations. Upon our return from an excursion multiple staff asked if we had fun...and remembered which excursion we were on! Towels were waiting at the gate when we left for the beach. Pools were beautiful. Had lunch there on several days which was very relaxing. Appetizers in the restaurant at sunset was spectacular. One of the most beautiful views imaginable. Close to beaches and Manual Antonio.
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2013
KarenB
"Boutique Charm meets jungle adventure"
My husband and I visit Costa Rica every year, but this was our first stay at Hotel Gaia. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The restaurant offers good food, including something on the menu for vegans and vegetarians. Their complimentary shuttle is ideal for those who don't have a car to get around. We loved their private reserve, where we spotted an Oso ( ant eater), and monkeys around the hotel. The pool is pleasant and drinks are both good quality and well priced. We will be back.
2 night trip Jul 30, 2013
The Traveling Ronger
"Amazing service!"
A lovely hotel with the best service I have experienced anywhere. The food was wonderful and there was wildlife at every turn. The view from our room was not the best but from the restaurant it was fantastic.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
Mana
"scenic hotel!!"
we only stayed a short time but the hotel was so pretty and the staff was so accommodating!!! the food in the restaurant was delicious!!!!
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Best hotel ever"
The staff was incredible. The food was wonderful. The rooms were cool. They get the details and the service right. We stayed at La Mansion as well for one night in Manuel Antonio and it paled by comparison.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
"Intimate Luxury Hotel Great Stay"
Great 2 night stay at the Gaia. Spent most of the time at the hotel: eating lovely food in the restaurant with a great view, enjoying a massage at the spa, relaxing in the room. The staff were very friendly and our concierge Andres really helped us maximize our short stay by arranging 2 great activities near-by. All in all, probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in, and would stay there again.
Other trip May 19, 2013
Calum
"Romantic Boutique Hotel"
Nice small hotel with 2 infinity pools and both are nicely heated (one to 32°C). Unfortunately we couldn't test the SPA (which looks nice) since it was booked the night we stayed. This hotel is suggested for couples.
1 night trip May 11, 2013
Dirk
"amazing stay!"
Beautiful hotel located just outside Quepos. Property is well maintained with excellent pool area and lovely restaurant. they even offer complimentary mini spa treatments and breakfast!
Other trip May 6, 2013
Vicki
"5 Star Boutique Experience, Highly Recommend"
The best boutique hotel in Manuel Antonio. Exceptionally friendly staff, eco-conscious leadership with 12 of 14 acres dedicated to preserving the natural environment surrounding the hotel. Complimentary transportation to and from the beach and national park. Great dining.
Other trip Apr 14, 2013
Colin
"Almost perfect"
Amazing hotel with unbelievable views, great restaurant, and great reserve. Would have rated this 5's all across the board, but the staff is a little inexperienced and not always smooth in getting things done efficiently. Also, it seems that the staff is trained to act very seriously at all times. Although in many situations this is appropriate, it may help to allow the staff (which is generally made up of very young people) to show their personalities and help guests to relax and have fun. Also, the hotel upgraded us to a suite when our room was not ready, but left the couple we were traveling with in a studio. Any 5-star hotel will agree that that is a no-no! All in all, I would highly recommend Gaia although it can be a tiny bit rough around the edges.
Other trip Feb 16, 2013
"Perfect Honeymoon"
Gaia offered the perfect combination of luxurious relaxation and responsive staff who made booking local activities a breeze. We were pampered from the moment of our arrival by the concierge staff who were always eager to assist, with mixed fruit drinks and a cool mint-scented towel delivered to us at check-in. Daily included breakfasts at the hotel restaurant La Luna were delicious and interesting (especially the authentic Costa Rican breakfast!), and we thoroughly enjoyed several dinners and tapas there as well. The hotel is seamlessly incorporated with the landscape, leading to beautiful views of the rainforest and Pacific, as well as up-close encounters with wildlife directly on the reserve itself. We even saw squirrel monkeys swinging through the rainforest canopy right next to the pool! Our concierge made great suggestions for local restaurants off the beaten path as well as fantastic guided tours and took care of all the reservations for us. Gaia even employs their own skilled guides - we couldn't believe all of the animals that Eric helped us spot and photograph in the national park! Our stay at Gaia was everything we could have hoped for in a honeymoon and more!
Other trip Nov 5, 2012
Adam

"Paradise at the Gaia in Quepos, Costa Rica"
The Gaia is a fabulous place to stay in Quepos, Costa Rica. The entire staff there is extremely friendly and accommodating. They really go out of their way to make you happy. The grounds at the Gaia are absolutely beautiful with so many great views. The three level pool complete with bar is awesome! Try a "Pura Vida". The spa there was lovely and very relaxing. The concierge staff is very knowledgeable on the area and can set a vast array of day trips for you. There is a shuttle service to take you to the nearby Manuel Antonio National Park or beach area if you arrive without a vehicle. The breakfast was very good and with a good amount of choices. My husband and I loved the Gaia and highly recommend it.
6 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
MX
"everything was perfect"
its so nice to be able to write a positive review. from the minute we stepped onto the property, the staff was over the top in service. the room, the view, the food and the staff were all exceptional. def would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for incredible quality at a reasonable price!!
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
a traveller
"Wonderful stay at Gaia!"
We loved everything about this hotel. the friendly staff, the hotel grounds and room (on a nature preserve), the restaurant, the spa services. ALL FANTASTIC. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Manuel Antonio. Bravo Gaia for a job well done, and to all your kind and helpful staff.
2 night romance trip Apr 15, 2014
Cynthia L
"Best customer service EVER!!!"
This hotel has by far the best customer service of anywhere I have ever been! The staff is not only extremely friendly and helpful but they really go above and beyond to make sure your stay is perfect. Some of the perks of this hotel also include: great happy hour 3-6 with 2 for 1 drinks and cheap tapas / free shuttle from anywhere between quepos to manuel antonio park / nature reserve on the property with free guided tour every morning / GREAT breakfast included w/ complimentary room service delivery / free 20min mini spa treatment during your stay (there was also a great spa special going on that I didn't see until the day we left and was really disappointed I didn't have time to book it!!) / live music every evening in the restaurant / great sunset views from the restaurant / multilevel pool with swim up bar that is open 24 hours / free dvd and book rentals for your room / free parking for your car / robes and slippers for your use. I could seriously go on and on it was such a great place. We booked the most basic room and we still had a huge king size bed with a pull out couch too! You won't regret staying here! The suites even have their own rooftop pools and cabanas.
2 night romance trip Nov 9, 2013
Trista
"Perfect honeymoon destination"
Having spent many hours scouring the internet for the perfect hotel for our honeymoon, I settled on Gaia... and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made! Not being used to staying in nice hotels, i wasn't really sure what to look out for, but Gaia looked great and I wouldn't hesitate in wholeheartedly recommending it to anyone looking for a luxurious hotel. My new wife and I were blown away. The views from the pool and restaurant are breathtaking, well worth being a few more minutes up the hill away from the coastline for. The restaurant itself was incredible - some of the best food we've ever had, especially the included breakfasts. The staff are lovely and make you feel very welcome. Don't worry about not being right next to the beach. The hotel will happily take you there for free with 5 minutes notice and will arrange for you to get back again. They even have lockers and food/drink on the public beach which you can charge to your room should you so desire. Make sure you go to the beaches in the National Park (again, Gaia staff will take you). They are out of this world; like the kind of beaches you see in Bond movies! Also make sure to have a look round the reserve that the hotel is part of, it's pretty cool. There are lots of other tours and activities you can do nearby, but we mainly just relaxed in the pool/spa/on the beach. To sum up: Gaia is amazing. We absolutely loved it. It was the perfect place to spend the first 5 days of our honeymoon.
Other trip Dec 14, 2012
Ralph

"Volveria de nuevo!"
Excelente servicio! Hermosa vista, recomendado 100%
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
CR
"Excelente servicio. El mejor restaurante de la zon"
Servicio muy atento. Las instalaciones están en buen estado. No está cerca de la playa pero hay servicio de transporte. El restaurante es el mejor de la zona.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Adrián
CR
"Excelente servicio"
La pasamos super bien. Solo que el hotel nos parecio bastante caro para lo que es. El personal super amable, excelentes masajes complementarios, variedad en la comida, pero por USD281 la noche esperaba mas.
3 night romance trip Jul 30, 2014
gianina
PE
"Bien! mais..."
De belles prestations pour cet hôtel moderne, mais je n'ai pas trouvé de charme particulier. Du moins rien qui ne puisse justifier son prix. Le restaurant est par contre excellent.
2 night romance trip Apr 4, 2014