All hotels in National City, California, United States of America
800 Bay Marina Dr, National City, CA, 91950, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

Our room was very nice for the price. It was clean.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Great Deal!!!"
Check-in was fast and friendly! Hotel room was a great deal for the price. Comfortable bed but pillows need to be replaced.
1 night romance trip May 18, 2015
"Great Escape--Great Room"
Just met to get away and remember old times
1 night trip with friends Apr 29, 2015
"No Towels upon checkin ....enough said"
Checking in to go to a concert and there were no towels...
Other trip May 19, 2015
"PERFECT"
It was fantastic. And very CLEAN
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
WILBERT
"25th Wedding Anniversary ."
Hotel was very nice and not far from local attractions . The room was clean comfortable.The A/C was a little loud but was on the 3rd floor so we keep the window open We would stay there again on our next trip.
2 night romance trip May 13, 2015
The hotel is very old ond and the rooms very cheap
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Great motel right off I-5"
Excellent motel right off the freeway. Had a night owl neighbor who had the tv on a bit too loud and there was not breakfast included. There is a restaurant next to the property (Goodies ~ 1 minute walk) that gave a 15% discount for breakfast. Pets are allowed. Nice walk down to the marina at pier32.
2 night family trip May 12, 2015
"It was just ok"
The hotel itself was nice and the room was clean. I guess I am use to the complementary breakfast, I didn't read that this pacticular Best Western does not offer it. Also when we were leaving we told the girl at the front desk that we would be returning for coffee in 5 min we just needed to time to put our luggage in the car and by the time we got back they have removed the coffee set up. She stated that is done at 10 a.m. yes but thats why we told you we were coming back. It's good for a over night stay.
Other trip May 15, 2015
C
"great location"
overall, great stay. Rooms a little expensive which I didn't mind. Hotel does not provide breakfast and was told that the restaurant next door has breakfast. Pools are open till 11.00 that is great but was not heated, especially when you are next to the ocean. Next day overheard a different front desk person give coupons for breakfast which I was not offered. The best thing is you are only 5-7 Minutes away from Downtown S.D.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Rajendra
"family travel"
we went for San diego, it was about 15 minutes away in good traffic. It is in a industrial district. Wish they would have had offered a breakfast, you get a coupon for place next door ran us $45 roughly for a family of 4, 2 using kid menus. The pool area was nice the kids liked it. It's right off the freeway and easy to get to.
3 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"OK, but"
Rate this hotel high exception for the huge omission of a complimentary breakfast--a very great and unpleasant surprise once we arrived....$8 for oatmeal at their neighbor bar & grill was not pleasant.
2 night romance trip May 6, 2015
"Close to beaches"
Nice place will go back nice pool easy access to freeway close to coranado
Other trip May 11, 2015
scott
"Unexpected."
Very nice hotel. Definitely would stay again! Smelled amazing as soon as we walked in. Friendly service, the room was very spacious and clean. Went to the pool which was a bit crowded but we pushed through it. I like the fact that they have vending machines that accept credit cards! There isn't much in the neighborhood except an in n out and the freeway unless you drive up Mile of Cars for about a mile or so for more food options. Late checkout is available. One problem was the cable TV. Felt like there weren't many channels but everything was great for the most part.
1 night romance trip Apr 5, 2015
Cameron
Excellent stay, no complaints will stay there next time!
Other trip May 9, 2015
Jode
"Not scary in National City!"
We found The Best Western Marina to be EXCEPTIONALLY clean and comfortable. Really, everything about it was great! It is a busy hotel and has an independent restaurant conveniently in the parking lot that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and has music on the weekends. The hotel had a nice swimming pool and fitness room, which we never had time to visit. The hotel was a real surprise!
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Very Rude employee. Don't waste your money"
This hotel is middle of no where. The room was not clean, small & very depressing. I expected more from a hotel which was built no more than 5 years ago. We paid more to get a suite. In order to be more comfortable but no difference than actual standard room. Employees are rude. Specially a manager (Jeff). He called me because I filed a complained about the hotel to Best Western. He was very unprofessional and rude on the phone. Do your self a favor and stay a way from this so called hotel. You get a better treatment from a Motel.
Other trip May 6, 2015
Sam
"Nice, clean hotel with ample parking"
The hotel staff was friendly and there to answer any questions or serve our needs. The room was clean and had enough towels and soaps for our group of five. Large parking lot so we never had to worry about finding parking spaces. Would definitely recommend this Best Western if you're looking for a cozy place to stay. It is about ten minutes from Tijuana. Only downside was that it took roughly 20-25 mins to get to the city.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Glenn
hotel is nice and clean we only stay for one night,we are planing another trip to San Diego we will stay in this hotel again
Other trip May 2, 2015
R
"Overall good value with nice people"
Two things.. Hotels.com says this is in San Diego and it's not and second it says it's on the beach and it's really not. This past weekend was a "staycation" in my hometown; just a getaway to relax but we didn't want to spend a ton of money either. So when we booked this we thought this is a great deal in San Diego! It is a great deal as long as you understand the following: this hotel isn't really in San Diego. It's very close though and the hotel is very accommodating with shuttle service to the trolley station. It wasn't really on the beach unless you want to count the shipyards as the waterfront but in a way that was kind of cool too. It was interesting seeing Naval ships docked for repair. I'm from SD so I find that sort of thing interesting; however, you may not. The hotel staff was great, the rooms were clean and the bathrooms were updated nicely. Even the restaurant next door was pretty solid. It was a good trip overall. I can't give it 4 stars because it wasn't directly in San Diego, but I'd stay here again with no issues.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Stephen
"Can't go wrong with BW Plus"
Everything was perfect.
1 night family trip Apr 28, 2015
Hector
"Nice and clean hotel , gusts are very comfort in"
Very good experience ,felt v wellcome by hotel employees, it's location is excellent to go to beach and downtown .
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
nael
"average to just better"
The hotel is very nice looking and so are the rooms. But the setup for the bathroom and area to the bathroom makes it hard to get around. With little room for more than one person at a time in that whole area. Overall very modern and clean but felt very cramped. Also if you need to do laundry and use their guest laundry room expect to spend 6.00 a load or take your own detergent and save 2.00.
2 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
"hidden treasure"
quiet stay in lovely area.
1 night family trip Apr 20, 2015
"Nice hotel and quiet."
good location room and the hotel was closed to the events I wanted.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Felipe
"San Diego get away"
It was good just road construction in front, no fun noisy.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Great hotel Great location easy access Restuarant across from hotel Very clean Great staff
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"In same parking lot as a bar& grill"
Loud music played from about 7-11pm. Called office to ask why nobody mentioned this or if I could switch rooms and was told music could be heard in all rooms.
lisa
"Relaxing"
Fun and easy. would come back in a heart beat.Was a great experience. Would come back, nice bar cheap beer next door.
craig
We stayed here for our spring break to take our kids to Sea World. It is in an industrial area so I was worried about places to eat as the restaurant in the parking lot had quite a few bad reviews. Once we found the Westfield mall things got much better. The hotel was nice but I did notice some stains on our duvets. Overall it was a great price and a great location.
Andrea
"Good price...but..."
This hotel is extremely affordable, has a very good neighborhood, but be aware of that if you want to have a quite night, this is not a very good hotel. Other guests, most likely kids, yelling and jumping around, that made me very upset at the night. I called the front desk, they said they can downgrade you room give you one extra bed. The front desk always not helpful at all.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Roland
"a good night"
It was a nice place
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Timothy
The pool was constantly replenished with towels for the guests.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Beautiful property! Will stay again."
Clean new rooms and great staff...Beautifull gardens...
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
akaimunguia
"Two day stay"
The hotel was convenient to get to, reasonably priced and they even gave a a coupon that was good for a discount at the closest restaurant. While the coffee bar had a Keurig machine for coffee, the staff indicated that there was no tea, which my wife drinks. There was also no tea bags in the room. This is a staple item in most fine hotels. I found out when getting coffee on the second day that they actually had English breakfast tea , even though it was marked Chai tea at the Keurig machine in the lobby
2 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
richard
"Couple getaway"
Great place! A little further than I thought it was from Mission Beach but it was only a 15 minute drive. Very clean and the people at the front desk were nice. Would stay there again!
3 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
Taylor
"NICE PLACE"
OUR TRIP WAS FOR PLEASURE AND IT WAS. HOTEL VERY NICE AND GOOD LOCATION TO GET TO EVERYWHERE WE WANTED TO GO. THE HVAC UNIT IN ROOM WAS FAIRLY LOUD. WE WANTED TO USE THE HOTTUB BUT IT WAS QUITE SCUSSY AND FOAMY. OVERALL EXPERIENCE WAS VERY GOOD. SAN DIEGO IS A NICE CITY/
3 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
Reg
"A very good hotel heading to Las Americas Outlet"
Free parking, internet. Room (211) included microwave, bath tube. Located close to restaurants and highways. Beed in king sizes very comfortable
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Oco
"ok for a business traveler, not for 5 nights"
The room was fine as far as cleanliness goes and the staff was extremely helpful. The pool areas was well maintained. Now the negative comments: read other reviews carefully as this hotel is in an industrial area. Out room overlooked the train tracks and the noise (blowing whistles at all hours of the night) was disturbing. The truck park was next to the train tracks and the truck traffic was audible. Upon check-in we was startled by the VERY loud music coming from the restaurant just across the parking lot, not 50 feet from the front entrance. We were told that on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night the music blasted until after 10:30, but not to worry because we would not be able to hear it from our room. That was true but the trade off was that we got the trains. The music was so loud that it made it impossible to carry on a conversation. We stayed five nights beginning on Friday, so the first three nights were a loss as far as getting a meal there. Had there been a viable alternative nearby within walking distance, we would have gone there, but the next place was Denny's about a half mile away over the freeway. I find it hard to imagine that a hotel this size does not offer any opportunity for a quick meal, not even a vending machine with snacks. Only one Keurig coffee machine available for the entire hotel and that just from 6-9 am.
5 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Hal
"Ahhhhh...."
Stayed for a conference, good distance to the convention center. Clean and friendly staff.
3 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
"Worst internet ever..!!!!"
I'm quite sure they still have dial-up internet..... it was the slowest internet connection that I've had in years.... the rest is ok.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Best Experience for our 4 day Vacation!!"
We loved this hotel!!! The staff is very friendly and accommodating, the rooms are comfortable and the facility is very clean. I loved the workout room and pool. The only thing (nothing major) I would ask that they change is the ability to control the fridge temp and serve breakfast.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Family 007
I stayed for three days. I was away from the hotel during day but time I spent there was pleasent and comfortable. I have no complaints and would stay there again.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"nice hotel"
everything about the hotel was great. The restaurant/bar associated with he hotel closed early on a Saturday evening which was disappointing.
1 night business trip Feb 28, 2015
Bradley B
The hotel staff were vey helpful. There are only 2 negatives about my stay. I was on the first floor and I could every step of the people above me. The second negative is that there is no breakfast bar that is included in your stay.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Dale
"Great hotel, convenient to base."
Short stay meeting with my son following deployment. Great place, perfect for this.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Very impressed. Hotel is very nice. Our room was clean, Beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly. We're definately coming back.
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Rocio
"Overnight stay before training"
Overall, the room was nice and it was easy access from the freeway. The staff was friendly and pool was nice. Only downfall was no free breakfast, but there was a nice place to eat right beside the hotel and got a 20% off coupon at front desk.
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
"Where is the water?"
I realize that California is in a drought but the water pressure was so low I could hardly wash my hair and it was such a trickle that I was cold from the water only barely reaching my body. Other then that not a bad hotel..
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
middle aged lad
"Excellent hotel!!!"
I loved this hotel and I am very fussy about where I stay. I usually stay in La Jolla but this hotel was such a great deal we decided to give it a try and we read all the great reviews. I've never stayed at a Best Western. I definitely give this hotel five stars. The staff was awesome, the hotel was clean, the room was comfortable and clean, the pool was nice and it's right off the freeway making access to all of San Diego very easy. I will definitely stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015