All hotels in National City, California, United States of America
800 Bay Marina Dr, National City, CA, 91950, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

Clean
    Great room
    Regular internet service
    Bad breakfast
Everything is good, only let me waited for 15 mins when I checked in Hotel, due to housekeeper who still cleaned up the room at 3:00pm. Hopefully, they can do clean up the room earlier.
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable with enough pillows that were also very comfortable.The pool area was very well kept. The plants and foliage surrounding the area was very nice, hardly felt that we were surrounded by an industrial area, which i wasnt aware of when i booked the room. It absoutly didnt matter anyway, as our stay was wonderful, and i would give it 5 stars!! We originally booked 2 nights and then were going to stay in San Diego for an additionl night, but booked another night here after those 2 nights!!
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
Jenna's Mom
"Sailor visit"
Great place to stay!!
4 night family trip Sep 3, 2015
"Labor Day Get-Away"
After 4 or 5 visits to San Diego and staying at a different hotel every time, I finally found the hotel I will always stay at!! There were 10 of us, 4 kids & 6 adults. Loved it!! Also loved the convenience of the restaurant Goodies in the parking lot, they offered a 15% discount on breakfast.
4 night family trip Sep 3, 2015
"Not a good place to stay"
When we arrived the check-in was fast. Right when we came into the room it looked and smelled out. I wasn't pleased at all with the bathroom. There was pubic hair on the toilet and on the floor. The bathroom smelled like urine as if it wasn't mopped. The tub fills up because the drain doesn't drain. The beds were very uncomfortable and stiff. The pillows are only for show. Poofy and right when you lay your head on it it goes flat. On the second night the housekeeper only gave us 2 towels while we had a family of four. I will not stay here again...
Other trip Sep 11, 2015
Had a good stay very nice hotel, but they overbooked and we had to get a room with two full beds instead of a King, so unfortunately we spent our anniversary sleeping in separate beds.. Was a big let down! Still disappointed about that! Especially for the price we paid to have a nice room
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Exceeded expectations"
Did a long weekend trip. This hotel exceeded our expectations. Very clean, great staff, easy location. We'll definitely be back. Thank you.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Jeni
"I could not have chosen a better hotel."
This hotel is nowhere from downtown. It is comfortable and friendly. The rooms are clean, plenty of pillows and right next to a beautiful marina. Only drawback is the food in the area (with the exception of in and out burger ) was lackluster. But I am a food snob from NY. Nevertheless, I will definitely stay again.
3 night trip Sep 4, 2015
"Happy customer !"
Great hotel! Free parking & no resort fees
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
francisco
"Just fine"
Quick business trip stay. Clean and friendly service. No breakfast options in hotel and just a K-cup machine for coffee. Quiet and convenient for my needs though.
1 night business trip Sep 1, 2015
Theodore
"Better than the Hilton"
I think the guy who checked us in was named Albert, he was wonderful, very friendly and helpful with a very genuine smile. Our room was clean, bed was comfortable, heavy blankets which I love! The customer service, room amenities and price were all better than the Hilton I stayed at a few months back. I'll definitely be staying at this hotel on my next visit.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Overnight Stay"
Excellent accommodations. We came for my brother in law's football game and we only stayed for one night. My fiancé and I are already talking about coming again when we visit the San Diego area :)
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Breanna
It was great I had an awesome time
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2015
Katie
"#201 Best Western Hotel Review"
I had a great stay hotel service was excellent. They were very quick with any kind of request. The only problem I had was after the first night when we woke up their was dried blood on the sheets and , it wasn't neither mine or my girlfriends. I did notify the front desk and had them changed out immediately but, that was the only issue I had and honestly just a little disturbing. But, hotel service was great about getting it take care of.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Cesar
Only downside was no breakfast. I'm so used to a good waffle to start my day when I stay at a Best Western. Location was perfect though.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Casey
"Nice clean hotel and friendly staff"
Just as pictured. Very clean. Very friendly staff all the way around. Check in was at 3pm but they got us in by 1pm. Business room with computers. Nice gym room. Nice pool. Lobby was very comfortable loved hanging out there. Keurig coffee maker available in lobby every morning til 10am. Vending and ice machines on each floor near elevator. Room was very clean and comfortable. Pillows were a bit stiff and fluffy for me my neck was stiff in the mornings. Theres a bar and grill in the same parking lot as the hotel. They have great food and live music but if youre a light sleeper and sleep before 9 it might be a problem for you. If you close the windows and doors you cant hear it. There are also train tracks near by so you can hear that as well but for me non of it bothered me. Just something to be aware of if youre a light sleeper. Would recommend this hotel and would return and stay again. Great job!
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
This hotel does not have a continental breakfast, and the restaurant/club that they share a parking lot with plays loud music on the weekend all night long.
2 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
Jody
"Nice hotel close to everything"
It was great, i asked for early check in asnd they gave me a room in 20 mn, at 10 am :) . Great hotel for business or pleasure
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
jose r
"Ok hotel"
No comments, front staff was not very helpful when asked for directions. Maid service left us less towels every day and we had to call to the front to get the towels that we needed. Nothing too bad but nothing great either
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Mrs. Viajera
"Right off interstate, easy to get around"
The staff were extremely pleasant & helpful. The facility was very clean.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Dawn
"Pleasant stay"
It was an overall pleasant stay.The location is close to freeway but not too close to hear the noise.
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2015
Jeannette
Short, but would have preferred a free breakfast as the other Best Western Hotels I stayed at.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
"Trip for SDSU"
We came to San Diego to drop off our youngest son at SDSU. The hotel was very nice and clean. They were very helpful when needed. The bed was not a comfortable bed at all for any of us. If you like SOLID beds you will love theirs! Other then that it was a great stay.
5 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Pete
The hotel was clean and comfortable, but the air handling system was loud.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Very nice place to stay and family friendly. The restaurant across the parking lot is very good as well. Will stay again
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Alisha
"Nice clean hotel with OK facilities ."
I thought the hotel location was closer to the bay but wasn't, still our stay was OK and I could recommend it.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
julian
"Dumped in Accessible Room"
The overall general hotel stay was okay. There are 2 main things I need when I know I am not staying in an overpriced luxury hotel: Decent bed and a decent shower. I was able to get a more than decent bed but didn't appreciate my shower head in my bathroom meeting me at my pelvis! It was not adjustable. I didn't appreciate being dumped in an accessible room because I had a late night of only 9pm arrival for a delayed business trip. I only stayed one night.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2015
Veronica
everyone there was great. very professional.
3 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2015
ray
"Great place to stay."
This was an amazing place to stay close to San Diego and close to the Navy base to be able to see my son. I was very impressed from the front desk staff to the cleaning staff who were very friendly. I had an issue with my television. They sent someone right up to quickly take care of the problem. The room was spacious and clean. And very comfortable. I would definitely recommend to friends and family and also would stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Cindy
Pleasant
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Danilo
"Great hotel, great staff, very clean"
Very pleased with this hotel, great service in all regards
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
mike and sharon
"Would return again but not on the weekends"
My family didn't like the loud music from the restaurant across the hotel on the weekends. I wish they stop earlier than 10:30 pm.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Will Visit Again"
Service was great, room was nice and clean as expected. Everything looked brand new. I think the pillows would be a little more comfortable if they were king-sized rather than the short length they were, but maybe this is the style right now. Toilet ran a little but this was not a huge issue. The restaurant across the parking lot was good and friendly. Location was great, right off the highway and convenient to everything in San Diego. Definitely will stay there again.
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Modern, clean and convenient hotel!"
I loved this hotel! Clean and modern and the location is perfect. It is within 15 miles to everything in San Diego. Staff was very friendly. Hotel room was a little snug for 6 people, but it worked find. Would DEFINITELY stay here again!!
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Nice hotel. A little misled by map and surrounding area. A little industrial. But a great hotel, nice room and pool courtyard. Next to a bar and grill. Only improvement would be a breakfast on site.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Just a short hop from San Diego attractions"
The hotel is very new, but things are already falling apart. We had a loose fixture in our shower and the printer in the business center wouldn't connect to the computers there. The room was very spacious with a kitchenette, but the outward opening bathroom door completely blocked access to the kitchenette when the door was open. Fitness room was well-equipped with cardio machines, but there were only a few dumbbells and a cable machine for strength training. Also, no water in the gym. The salt water pool and spa were clean, fairly large, and at a perfect temperature. The hotel is in National City, but it is only a short drive to all the major San Diego attractions. The staff I interacted with were very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Gemini
"Good pick"
Nice comfortable beds had a pleasant stay kids enjoyed the pool and we enjoyed the hot tub
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
good hotel
"Convenient location by I 5"
Nice clean motel, we stayed 5 nights while exploring the San Diego area, zoo, beaches and city attractions. Motel is conveniently located next to I-5, making it easy to get around in every direction, but if you want to be close to city center and be without a car this is not the place for you. Staff was friendly and very helpful. We had a nice room with a balcony facing the pool area. Would absolutely go back again!
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Hotel is clean but 15 minutes from the beach."
The hotel is great. The room service is great, the beds are comfortable, and the floors are clean. But there are three minuses. 1. The pool water is murky and the jacuzzi has gross dirty foam 2. The location. It is located in a very industrial area where there is only one restaurant by it, and across the street a Starbucks, Denny's, and in-and-out. That's it. It's not the type of place where you can take a stroll in the evening. 3. They say you are 5 miles away from the nearest beach, Coronado beach. But it's more like 10 miles and a 15 minute drive without traffic. This is the only reason I can not rate this hotel 5/5. All in all, great hotel, bad location. That's is the only reason I wouldn't come there again.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Excellent hotel and professional staff"
We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. Upon check in we were greater by polite staff and were upgraded to a larger room with balcony. Hotel is located in industrial area but close proximity to many restaurants and 15min drive to coronado island. Would be nice to have complimentary breakfast which some of the other best westerns offer. Overall very happy with our stay...
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Small hotel but the service is good when it comes to cleanliness, but there's no resto inside the hotel
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Nice facility but a little out of the way for San Diego. One restraunt across the street but that was it. Everything else was at least a 15 minute drive
3 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
The hotel was great - it was close to places but there was nothing near the hotel it self -had to drive everywhere which was OK for us.
Nilesh
"Great Hotel for a weekend stay"
We went to San Diego for a weekend runway from the heat of Phoenix, in the mean while, celebrate my son's 7th year birthday. Best Western Plus Marina Gateway Hotel is very clean and beds are comfortable. It is very close to High Way yet quiet enough for a good night's sleep. WIFI is free and quick. The only complaint would be no complimentary breakfast. But overall, great staying experience.
Jiao
This hotel was everything we were looking for and more. It was lovely to have a balcony with a nice view. There wasn't too much in walking distance of the hotel. The parking lot was huge - no issues there.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Off by itself but close to a lot of things. No breakfast but small restaurant close but not cheap. Room was nice but air conditioner did not cool the room and couldn't get it to go any lower.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Super Super Super Great"
We really enjoyed ourselves ur staff is just the greatest.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Tiffany
"Excellent location!"
I loved the great restaurant next door! Everything was perfect! Front desk was amazing!
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Jenniffer
"Clean and great location"
It was a great Hotel for us. My son had a Soccer Tournament in Coronado . It is affordable and save a lot of money for a Hotel in Coronado. Very clean and very comfortable room.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"clean room"
Clean room and excellent customer service. 10-15 minute drive to Coronado Beach.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015