All hotels in Albany, New York, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here42 Wolf Road, Albany, NY, 12205, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

"Good hotel, great service"
Just a quick overnight and it was fine. The free breakfast was nothing to write home about but there was plenty of hot coffee. Room was reasonably clean and comfortable. A real plus was the desk clerk, Dawn, who, when I discovered (in Boston) that I'd left my Surface tablet behind, found it in Housekeeping and overnighted it to me so that it arrived before I had to leave for home. Her prompt action was a real life-saver.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2015
janet
"Never again"
I booked a double room and was given a single room that smelled like smoke. I asked to change rooms because of the smell but mentioned that I had booked a double. The front desk lady gave me the double room but not before another employee said it was the last room available, as if trying to say I wouldn't be able to switch again if I was not satisfied. Also, she mentioned that I should have been charged an extra $20 bucks for the double room. I know what I booked and the hotel was not full, they had other rooms available. During my stay, my floor was having electrical work done and some of our lights would not work because the electrician was shutting down circuits on the breaker panel. The location was great because it was across the street from the mall but I will never stay there because of the rudeness of the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
"Very Good Choice"
great staff clean comfortable room reasonable OK continental breakfast easy access from highway great neighborhood for access to retail businesses and restaurants
1 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2015
"Less than average."
Just below par. Wasn't expecting much. Got a little less than average overall experience. All complaints and concerns ahve been noted by previous guests. Unless remodeling and upgrades are in order the hotel is what it is.
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
"no thanks"
We arrived and found that a water line had broke and there was no water. The public works crew fixed the line and all was well. The building is in need of an upgrade but the room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was good. The lady at the front desk was very helpful with the water situation. Have stayed there before and would again. Good place for the price.
1 night romance trip Mar 18, 2015
"Good Hotel"
Comfortable room, excellent breakfast
1 night trip Mar 15, 2015
"Static"
Tv was old style tv and I couldn't get a clear channel without static
2 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
"Bad plumbing"
Shower knob was broken. Had to keep tightening the screw to adjust water temp. Toilet didn't flush properly. We had three people and they only left two towels. I have been trying to call the hotel for the past 2 hours and no one is answering the phone.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Building needs help"
The shower faucet pulled out of the wall when we tried to turn it on. When I called the front desk, I was told that maintenance could check it after 9 am. I had a business appointment at 8:30! We finally got it turned on by holding the back of the faucet against the wall while pulling out the nob to start the water running. Also, there were two courtesy conditioner bottles, but no shampoo in the room. The hallway was under construction, with bare cement in some places and loose carpeting lying around elsewhere.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"Perfect stop over"
We just needed a place to stop over for the night on our way north. The rate was great, room was basic, but clean and friendly front desk staff.
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
"second bad experience"
This is my third time staying here and i can say my experience here has not gotten any better. The first time i stayed the room wasn't clean, the staff wasn't accommodating, and thr food was horrible. My second stay was better but only because they tried to make up for my first experience. But the lady at the front desk confronted us about our review on the staff. She asked us why we thought she had been rude. That just put us in an awkward position. But it was fine none the less. This time we gave it another try and once again the same front desk receptionist came off bothered that I asked if they offered late check out. And there was a dog barking all night that kept us up. I was hoping they would ask us how our stay was when we checked out but we were barely acknowledged and just told to leave the keys on the counter. I can officially say I will not be returning to this establishment
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Susana
"Overrated"
Stayed in a couple of hotels near Albany airport. This one is by far overrated on hotels.com.
6 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Nasty, dirty, gross."
We had to fly into Albany due to a cancelled flight and just wanted a place to rest for a few hours. This Travelodge is downright gross. It smelled like old cigarette smoke and was dirty, dirty, dirty. The sheets felt used (that heavy feel they get when they aren't washed in a while), the nightstand had some sort of grease on it, the floor was not vacuumed, and the bathroom was nasty. I slept with my clothes on - that's how gross it was. The staff was less useful than a football bat and very white trash. You couldn't pay me to stay there again.
1 night family trip Mar 3, 2015
"Comfortable stay for short business-related trip"
It is right across the street from the big Colonie Mall shopping center but is far from downtown Albany, which wasn't clear in the listing. Nice Italian restaurant right next to it.
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
ellen
"Stay Away"
Lower-rate rooms were not afforded the luxury of hot water. 'Remodeling' caused the TV remotes to be unprogrammed. Rooms were not heated prior to arrival on a day it was 6 degrees outside. Rooms were cold and heat barely worked when trying to warm the room. Front desk was frustrated by all the complaints and was not very patient.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"adequate room met all needs"
the hotel was being remodeled, the room was clean but had hallway noise.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
Carlo
good
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Shanta
"Eh"
This place wasn't terrible for the price at all. The heat was loud, the toilet flushed really slowly and the TV was nothing special. There was hot water, the location was good and the breakfast was decent as well. As far as money goes, you can't get any better.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"eh"
bed was fine. good value.
1 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
"Doing much better!"
Checked in...easy process...staff friendly. Went to room and found hair and a lot of fuzz and dirt on bed. Asked for another room. Front Desk Agent upgraded me to a larger room which was nice to make up for the issue with the first room.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
"Adequate and Friendly"
It suited us fine. People were friendly. Facilities a bit spartan but was all we needed at a price that was reasonable.
1 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
frederick d.
The room was relatively clean, but rooms could use some updating
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Ok only needed a reasonable place to stay good location
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"OK if you are a cheap person"
The bed was comfortable. The rug in the hall was really worn. Hairs in the bathroom. Toilet did not flush. Nice and quiet because there were hardly any other cheap skates like us, I guess.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Louise
"One of my many lodgings over the years"
Hotel personnel are very friendly and helpful. You get what you pay for in this hotel, it is clean and inexpensive, has free breakfast area w waffles, milk & cereals, as well as other breakfast staples. Hotel is nice, but showing wear (always a light mildew smell in bathroom, etc.. I do not understand when people write in complaints that this hotel needs a renovation when they get such low rates...as I said you get what you pay for. I cannot afford higher end hotels on my personal 3-7 day trips to the area; this is a safe and nice place to stay. Right across street from Colonie Mall and many other nearby business. Fed ex office just up the street.
1 night trip Dec 19, 2014
Lawrence
"Bugs and Management Problems"
When I arrived I found dead bugs in the room. No one was at the front desk. Later I found bugs (alive). Since that time, I have run into many problems with the hotel management and owner not doing what they said they would do to take care of the situation.
6 night business trip Nov 26, 2014
Kathryn
"Housekeeping needs to be retrained or replaced"
After having to move rooms three times due to hair in the bathrooms or visible stains on the sheets and pillow cases, I was upgraded to their suite and after a long day, decided to just sleep on the sofa. The staff were friendly and nice but the room cleanliness was just horrible.
1 night trip Dec 1, 2014
"Low to Average."
It was OK! The hotel needs a good renovation.
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"The staff was friendly, helpful and warm."
I brought my yellow lab with me and the folks were just wonderful about him being there. I was placed down near an entrance so that I could easily take the dog out who was still recuperating from a hip replacement surgery and was wearing a brace. I was in Albany on a family emergency and had to bring him. They were wonderful about having him there. I definitely plan on returning to this motel and would recommend it to anyone. It is also convenient to major shopping, expressways, and the airport. The free breakfast was ample and included yogurt, fruit, cereal, waffles, juices, bagels, muffins, tea and coffee. All in all an enjoyable stay.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Kris
"nope. no WIFI, no interested staff."
WIFI was not working. Reported 3 times, nothing changed. Had to sit in lobby for usable signal. Dust all over he room. Fire doors in hallway are open. Fire exit is open and unlocked. Bed needs a new mattress. Heating is too hot or off. Breakfast on the other hand was nice. "Bake your own" waffles and all. Location is good, stores and restaurants close by.
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2014
n
"Good Value and Customer Service"
Hotel was clean and customer service was very good and accomodating. In a business area and good value for the costs of the room
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
"Travel Lodge stay"
We asked for 1st floor when reservation was made. They clain ed we didnt. They were able to give us 1st floor but it was like a big deal they were doing it. Room size was fine. Bathroom had alot of visible mold on ceiling and shower.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Janet
"A hidden gem thats affordable."
From first glance, this hotel doesnt look like it would be unusually great. But, I found an unexpected gem for what I needed. Like another reviewer said, I really liked the color of the walls in my room. It was refreshing! Anyways it was a safe warm place to stay while I'm trying to find an apartment and to shower. Also i really appreciated the staff allowing me to check in early because my job starts later in the day and i wouldnt be able to check in until late that night. It was very much appreciated. I will definitely be back and recommend this affordable place
3 night trip Oct 29, 2014
"Not bad for the price."
Only stayed one night. Lots of restaurants within a five minute drive. Hotel room was very, very clean. Walls were a bit thin, as I could hear doors along the hallway closing and people walking past the room. Wireless Internet connection was good and fast. I did not have their breakfast, so I cannot attest to that. No frills here, but it is in the value range, so you can't really eXperia more. Met some of the staff during check in, they were ok. Key card didn't work, had to go back to front desk to get it reprogrammed. I would probably stay here again if my usual hotel in this area is sold out again during the popular college weekends.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Convenient and Comfortable Stay"
Our trip was very nice. The hotel personnel were friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The location is great! Everything is easily reached and there are plenty of restaurants and stores surrounding the hotel.
3 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
"Nice stay."
it is located at Wolf Ave. Shopping mall across the avenue. nice stay. Breakfast included.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
emjci
"Almost Overslept"
We did not get the requested wake up call and would have missed our plane if we had not set the clock radio. We brought this to the attention of the morning desk persons and hopefully it will be corrected.
1 night family trip Oct 21, 2014
"Meh"
Five of us in 2 rooms with 2 queen beds each. Staff was nice enough. Room was clean enough, beds comfortable enough, just for an overnight passing through it was fine. No elevator on site was an issue, as all the first floor rooms were taken so my partially disabled mother had to do the stairs. Otherwise, typical wear and tear around the building, nothing outrageous, and the free WiFi had weak signal and was slow.
1 night family trip Oct 14, 2014
Rich
"Best of both worlds"
The Albany location was ideal because it was near a nice mall and decent places to eat, such as IHOP. To boot, it was less than an hour away from scenic Vermont.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
"Very convenient location"
Got what I payed for...while not an awesome place, it was fairly clean; it was comfortable; very easy to get in and out of and the staff was very friendly.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Roger L.
"Pleasant Place to Stay"
I was satisfied with my one night stay here. Close to the airport, shopping, and essential highways without being noisy. Staff were accommodating. The hallways look a bit tired, but the room was pleasant. I would stay here again.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Elaine
Room was ok but they need to change their a/c which makes lot if noise
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Great location!"
Regal movies and Whole Foods a short walk away. Plus close to the highway. For the price, it was great!
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
Carl
"Cleanliness and Noise"
The bathroom was dirty, the rooms are run down, the staff was yelling in the halls ouside the rooms at 4 a.m. waking me and my family up. They were discussing their workload. Doors slamming. I would not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Good Value"
Not the most luxurious stop on a recent trip, but quite inexpensive and a very good value relative to the price. The hotel is located across from a mall and close to a cinema and many eateries. The room itself was a little funky, with some color choices I would never have selected! Still, the room was clean, the wifi was free (and fast), breakfast was decent (waffles and fruit).....and it is very close to several major highways.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Hotel was definitely acceptable for what I wanted which was a quick, cheap stay on my way through town. Clean, and reasonably comfortable
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Good place for not a lot of money."
Good place to stay for cheap. Not shiny on the outside. No new carpets. But it is clean and safe. The staff is helpful amd respectful. Good hot breakfast. Free wi-fi. Well kept.
2 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
"Worst room ever, and I have have been to hundreds!"
Worst ever, hands down. Room smelled of mold, which was all over shower, and A/C unit smelled of tons of mold. Toilet did not stop flushing, shower head completely loose on wall, bed was ridiculous. Just ridiculous. I was totally embarrassed to bring my mate there. I have never made a bad review anywhere. This sorely called for it.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2014
David Gordon
"Waffle Maker"
Slow front desk. Computer system went down. Beds are uncomfortable as I have a screwed up back. Clean. Nice overnight place with a good location. Movie theater and shopping center near by. Waffle maker is the cats meow.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"great location for a reasonable price"
much less expensive than surrounding hotels, not as fancy, but clean and comfortable. Only negative is that there is no elevator. If you can't do stairs or lift luggage, please know this in advance. The breakfast and computer availability was a plus, convenient parking, and located near good choices of restaurants and entertainment.
4 night business trip Sep 18, 2014