All hotels in Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Bramall Lane, Sheffield, England, S2 4SU, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Mini break"
Hotel good and very welcoming. A minor issue with car parking in that the dedicated hotel car park is too small and the marked bays too narrow. The overspill car park is that of the Sheffield United football ground and this raised concerns regarding a match the next day.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Quiet Central Hotel"
The rooms all had, heavy black out curtains, allowing sleep during daylight hours and good sound proofing meant rooms where very quiet.
Other trip May 5, 2015
gordon
"Business class"
Great hotel - central
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
"Faultless"
Couldn't fault anything. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
"Ideal for our visit"
Enjoyable would definitely stay again without hesitation
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
ade
"Nice hotel; poor area, but convenient."
We were in Sheffield for a party held in the Yorkshire suite. Obviously we wanted to stay where the party was held. It was just like any other good corporate hotel. The big bonus was plenty of parking, rare in the centre of Sheffield. The rooms had everything you needed, but the decor was all brown which is a bit gloomy. Breakfast was lovely, service was friendly and efficient.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"My worst hotel experience"
I had the worst stay in a hotel. I was put in a disabled room even though I booked a standard room. Unfortunately it was a connecting room and the occupants of the other room were horrible. They came in at 1am then turn on the TV and talked loudly like a shouting match. Everything was in my room. Things went from bad to worse and it became unbearable. I had to put in ear headphones to stop myself hearing anything more. I've never had such an experience before. Very disappointed with my stay in this hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Francis
Staff were extremely helpful throughout our stay, room was super clean and very comfortable. The only very small thing that came up was that it was difficult to change the temperature of the shower, but a small gripe in an otherwise great stay. We'll definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Anisha
"great hotel"
Ideally situated right next to the football stadium but not noisy or crowded at all because of this - staff are just great.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Sheffield visit"
I could not fault the hotel, it was in pristine condition, staff were friendly and the room was lovely. Breakfast was to a very high standard, surprisingly, as it was only £6 if you said you would take it the night before. Sheffield is not the prettiest of cities, but if you were there I would recommend this hotel as you wouldn't care what was on the outside as its so nice inside
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"Can not fault this hotel"
Really relaxing stay. Good location, but a quiet location.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
DoctorG
"Tantalising!"
Good clean hotel with comfortable rooms and friendly staff. Have stayed here often but breakfast service still leaves much to be desired. Breakfast is a buffet style with coffee/tea served to you. However on a three night stay, I only managed to have coffee refilled on one occasion. Just let people serve themselves to the tea coffee - it would be easier for all. Also on all 3 mornings, we were tantalised by a bowl of eggs next to a hot plate but no chef to fry them. You obviously have to arrive at just the right time. To be fair on one morning there was a queue waiting for the eggs and the chef was there. After waiting for the queue to die down however, by the time I got to the hotplate - he was gone and did not reappear during the time it took to eat my egg-less breakfast. There were also large jars of marmalade/jam/honey next to the toaster but no suitable dish to decant them to - not even a plate for your toast!
3 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Gillian
"Happy stay in Copthorne hotel."
Comfortable and friendly. Staff very good.
4 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"another comfortable stay"
We stay at this hotel at least twice a year to visit family in Sheffield. It's ideal and well placed for a walk into the city centre. Lots of good restaurants nearby as well if you don't want to eat in the hotel
7 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
Christine E
"A real experiance"
Brilliant stay, excellant eating places in locality, and excellant live music to our tastes in the area. Hard to fault the hotel
2 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
barry
"Bra all Lane Visit"
Really nice hotel. Perfect for visiting Heffield City centre, just a 10 minute walk. 24 hour shop open opposite was handy for drinks.
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Jamie
"Good hotel - close to the town and free parking"
Room was clean and comfortable and the hotel was close to the city centre so perfect for work. Real bonus was the free parking - more hotels should do this.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Andy
"Perfect"
Perfect. Many thanks. Bar staff were particularly helpful...thank you!
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
julie
Great for the footy and Eccleshall Road entertainment . Within walking distance of the station if you like to get a stride on , otherwise take a taxi. Didn't use any of the on site facilities only because I didn't spend that much time in the hotel! Nice enough! Would recommend this or Jury's Inn, both good.
1 night trip Mar 20, 2015
Melinda
"Great place but give the breakfast a miss."
Stay in the copthorne as a surprise birthday present. Whilst the hotel is great and so Is the room. The staff are friendly and very willing to help. However Breakfast was a real disappointment. After paying an extra for both of us. I expected it to be of better quality. On the full English everything tasted as if it had just been microwaved. Would stay again but arrange my own food.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
jess
"Bland but Fine"
Booked a Club room on a Sunday night. Large and quite comfortable room.Very quiet obviously. On busier days, the easy access free car park would be a major deal winner compared with others in the vicinity. A conference hotel next to the football ground. Everything bland from the food to the decor but a Genuine 4 star with all the facilities working despite being a Sunday. Pricey by Sheffield Standards but allowing for free breakfasts and free glass of wine for two, probably worked out no more expensive than the Premier Inn.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Wonderful hotel with luxurious rooms."
We had a lovely stay and the staff were great. The only downside was that the ironing board cover stank of fish as soon as the iron heated up and meant my boyfriend had to wash his brand new shirt with body wash in the bath as it picked up the smell instantly on one sleeve. The staff were great about it and had another board brought up within the hour. One other minor point is that the loo roll was really cheap and poor quality in contrast to the luxury of the rest of the entire hotel. Plus sides were the enormous, modern and clean bedroom, friendly staff on reception, the ease of grabbing a taxi outside the lobby and the great restaurant service.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Great hotel, free car parking."
Chose this hotel as was visiting son and needed car parking. I would stay here again even if I didn't need the parking. Rooms were very clean, comfortable and well designed.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Ruth
"Sheffield Utd Hotel"
The hotel is next to Sheffield Utds ground but by the time we arrived the match was over so the car park was relatively empty although a few of there fans were still in the hotel bar. Check in was ok although they had my booking a one person in a double whereas it was two people in a twin, they were able to change it. They had a special offer for breakfast for £6/person but as we had plans for the morning we declined. Room was very nice, clean and modern, lovely bathroom, the only problem were the beds, dont think they are full size single beds, very narrow. Bar area was pleasant enough and staff in general helpful.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Gino
"Always a delight"
Used to stay here when work made me visit Sheffield, now my visits are purely for pleasure. Have stayed here over 20 times now in last 6 years and it is always a pleasure. Clean, friendly and in a good position. Always hunt for the best price per room on line as you can usually get this for at least 70% off the standard room rate.....Expedia won this time!
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Jay Kim
Very prompt and efficient service.could not fault cleanliness of room or surroundings most likely to visit again .Very enjoyable place to stay
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Very comfortable stay and the breakfast was amazingly good!
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
"Close to family"
Room a bit cold , bath taps difficult to move but bed comfortable . Have stayed here many times and will do so again.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
mouse
"Exceeds expectations - great value for money"
This is the 2nd time I have stayed in this hotel - very comfy rooms, no noise - Ideal for business travel.
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
Iain
"Weekend Break"
We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights.We chose it because of the reviews and a quality hotel at a decent price.While we were here we went to see Queen at the Motorpoint Arena,It was a £9 taxi fare from the Hotel which was not bad really,It was close to the town centre !5 mins walk.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Gerry&Margaret
"Delighted that the car parking was so convenient"
Everything was a very high standard. The only flaw was the meal ordered from room service after 11p.m. We ordered sandwiches and fries. The bread was dry and the fries were undercooked and tasted raw. This was the only problem. We had an excellent lunch in the bar and the breakfast in the restaurant was of a very high standard.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Angela
"will visit again!"
stayed one night, travelled up from London to collect our son from Uni for his 21st birthday. Very nice hotel - smart, clean and friendly staff. Only problem we could get the bath/shower to work properly and was using it late at night and did not want to disturb anyone.
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
lynn
Very nice hotel and room little bit difficult to find and not very nice surroundings but overall it was nice.
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
"weekend away"
really enjoyed our stay the staff could not have been more helpful and polite thanks again
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
jean
"Free Parking and Easy to find"
will stay again , bar snacks could be better for the price you pay But I liked it here , easy to find and parking will stay again
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
mark
"Fantastic service in Sheffield."
Our overnight stay was excellent because the room and facilities were of a high standard and the staff were friendly and professional. We were told we had complimentary soft drinks and 2 complimentary drinks from the bar. Continental breakfast was fresh and tasty after a great nights sleep in a very comfortable bed.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Sara
"Nice Modern Hotel"
Nice modern hotel. Well worth a stay. The staff are friendly and efficient. The food is good and the bar had a nice atmosphere. The only negative would be on the amount of static electricity within the building, which causes small shocks every time you walk and touch something metallic. A small annoyance, but not enough to cause any major issues.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"Too expensive for what you get"
Stayed here last year for the same event and was very pleased with the value for money - this year I paid nearly triple for the exact same visit at the same time of year, and received much worse service. The rooms were fine but the service was spotty - I asked the night before if it was possible to order off the a la carte menu for breakfast instead of pre booking the full buffet - for nearly £10 - as I just wanted porridge, and got 3 different answers. I decided to hedge my bets and thankfully they told me I could have porridge. Unfortunately the good service stopped there - it took 20 minutes for a bowl of porridge to arrive even though I told them I was in a rush (had an important interview that morning!). It arrived overcooked and far too hot to eat (I suppose that's what happens when you cook porridge for 20 minutes). All in all I was not very pleased with the service, especially given the trebled cost compared to the previous year.
Really comfy bed. Best sleep I have ever had in a hotel ! Bar staff really lovely
1 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
"Comfortable brief encouter"
Loved the room, facilities, comfort & sizeable bed and breakfast choices. Just don't rely on the receptionist to direct you to the quickest way into the football ground, especially when it's raining!
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Short Stay"
Located near to railway station approx.. 20-25 minutes walking and 5 minutes by car. The hotel is located right next to Sheffield United football stadium, therefore great location.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Jas
"Friendly hotel"
This was not our first time here as we stay when dropping our daughter back up to the university. The parking was our priority the first visit but now we stay here every trip. The rooms are spacious , clean and the beds are very comfortable. The staff are friendly and attentive, nothing is too much trouble. It is only a ten minute walk to the city centre and five up to London Rd where there are also quite a few restaurants.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
wombat82
"Good Value, Excellent Service, Great Rooms."
Excellent, as always. Friendly and helpful staff. Good food. Good value.
Response by Copthorne Hotel Sheffield
Dear Guest, Thank you for your valuable and positive feedback received after your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your superb compliments and are delighted that you clearly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for any future visits. Kind Regards, Trevor Vels | General Manager
1 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
"copthorne"
Very nice clean hotel room service was disappointing rang for food in night and was told only had nachos left.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
joanne
"Place to stay for a Sheff Utd match"
Nice surprise when we checked in to be given a complimentary voucher for drinks and snacks at the bar. Not sure if this was because we had booked a club room and/or stayed before.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Super customer service"
Fabulous service provided by all of the hotel staff. We received a very warm welcome at reception upon arrival and the breakfast staff were so kind when our daughter arrived to join us for breakfast on her birthday and offered complimentary bucks fizz - a lovely gesture. Hotel very clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend. Thank you Copthorne Sheffield!
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Alison
"Good hotel for an overnight stay"
Stayed one Saturday night on the top floor. Great views. Trouble with the TV channels which a member of staff swiftly tried to rectify a few times but was unable to do so. Complimentary drinks were offered and brought to our room as compensation, which we greatly appreciated! Didn't venture outside the hotel and didn't have breakfast but for the price we paid we were very impressed with the standard of the room.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Excellent service"
We stayed for one night and were impressed both with the quality of the facilities and the attentive service in all aspects
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Overnight Stay"
Comfortable hotel with spacious room and comfy bed. Car parking free is a bonus as many in Sheffield charge extra. It was quiet and would use again if in Sheffield although maybe not on a match day.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Highly recommended Hotel"
It was a really nice hotel, I personally didn't find the bed very comfortable,but that's because I'm use to my own bed. Overall really nice stay,very clean & friendly staff. Free parking & free internet access for 24hours was well worth the stay.
Response by Copthorne Hotel Sheffield
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to submit such a positive response after your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your superb feedback and are delighted that you clearly enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for your positive comment regarding our staff and the additional value provided by our parking and WIFI. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your return to Sheffield. Kind Regards, Trevor Vels | General Manager
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015