All hotels in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
601 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46204, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9399

Everything was great, not one problem, nice rooms.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"Nice, clean, in the center of things, minor issues"
In the center of 'things' -- right across from the History Museum, the Eiteljorg Museum, Victory Field and White River State Park so it was convenient. The cost for the room was alright -- about average, maybe a little higher. I was disappointed that there was no offer to help with luggage -- it's just not a service they offer. I would have gladly tipped someone well to assist me, especially since getting the dollie out into the garage was very challenging. Parking in the garage is extra [$25/day, $4 more for valet service, includes in and out privileges]. Note that valet parking has garnered the best spots on the three below-ground parking levels. While the hotel has a Starbucks kiosk in the hotel lobby continental breakfast is not offered though there is a coffee pot that dispenses one cup at a time in the room, as well as a small refrigerator. One person who was at the front desk for the three days I was there did not know much about the city. When I asked directions or how to get around she always had to find someone else so it would be nice if the front desk people knew their city a little better. The front desk personnel could have been a little friendlier as well, but the housekeeping staff was friendly, though not all of them spoke English. Lots of safety protocol in place: you swipe your room key in the elevator to get onto your floor. Staff also changed my room when I requested 'a room with a view' upon check-in which was nice and I appreciated that.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2015
"Reasonable price on a busy weekend in a good locat"
Very nice hotel right near the river walk and museums. About a 5-10 min walk to the center of downtown. One thing to note, while it did not bother us, there is an outdoor music venue basically across the street and the music could be heard inside our room on the west side of the hotel. Not a big deal to us and it was quiet before 11pm, but could be an issue for light sleepers I the warmer months.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Zane
My daughter had to perform with band at IMPACT.. The rooms were not ready when they were supposed to had been, but they upgraded us because I had worked the night before and hadn't been to bed yet.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
Rhonda, Thank you so much for your patience as we made sure your room was perfect for your stay. I am delighted we were able to even upgrade you! We hope to see you again next time you visit Indy. Best of luck to your daughter.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2015
Rhonda
"Great Stay!!"
We stayed at the courtyard for a trip back home to celebrate our anniversary. We enjoyed everything about our stay. I will say that if you are not aware that there is a concert going on at White River State Park and its going on during your stay... I hope you enjoy the band that is playing because you could hear it from our room. Luckily that was part of why we were there, was to go to the concert.
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"Perfect location!"
Had a great time! The hotel was in a perfect location for the activities we went to Indy for, the museums, downtown, the zoo, and the park. Everything was in walking distance. Staff was so friendly and knowledge about local events that it really helped when planning our weekend. Room was clean and spacious. Bed was not as comfortable as I would of liked but overall slept well. Really enjoyed our stay, will probably use this hotel again!
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Nora
"Good, but pricey!"
Beautiful Hotel. Lovely area. Our kids swim, so it walking distance to the Natatorium at IUPUI. Room was clean and comfortable and big enough to not feel cramped w/ 4 of us in it. It was clean, though there was a random man's shoe left from the people before us...that was a little weird! The only negatives is price. It seems the more you pay for a hotel, the less you get included. Parking was $29 a day (valet), pool was tiny, no hot tub. NO breakfast. There wasn't even free coffee in the lobby. Nothing, but flavored water. So, that was disappointing. Other than convenience of location, I'm not sure Id return.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Family getaway"
Hotel and service was great, valet parking was 29.00 a day, overall it was great, highly recommend.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Pamela D.
"Little get-a-way"
We were just in town for a quick get-a-way and this was the perfect place to stay. Very clean, friendly service and the best location. We will be staying there again.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Carrie
"Wonderful weekend get-away"
It was so convenient to the zoo and many attractions
2 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
Anita
everything was excellent; no actual bar at hotel.
2 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Veronica
"Convenient location, room smelled like cigarettes"
The hotel has been updated to the new courtyard standard, however the hallway i was on and the room i stayed in smelled as if it were a former smoking floor, and not too long ago. This really soured my stay. But it is an easy stop off i70, and across the street from the Indiana State Museum and some other local attractions. Staff was friendly and helpful. One of the elevatora went down one morning around checkout time which was a bunmer.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
We were there on business trip and had a great time. No complaints!
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
Chelsea
"Fun at Fest"
It was wonderful!!! Will be back next year. Everyone was polite and helpful!!!
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
dorothy
"race weekend"
Went there for the Indy500 race and it was very cleaned and comfortable
3 night family trip May 23, 2015
Leobardo
"Family trip to Children's Museum and Zoo"
We had an excellent stay and the staff went above and beyond to make sure all our needs were met and they were very kind and informative as well. We also had our 5 year old grandson with us and he thoroughly enjoyed your pool and big comfy bed. Close to everything we wanted to visit and downtown Indy. Would definitely stay again!! Thanks.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
CATHY
Overall it is a nice hotel. Centrally located to lots of museums and things to do.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
We are delighted to hear you got to explore our wonderful city while staying with us. There is never a dull moment. We can't wait to have you back and share more!
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Clean, comfortable and friendly"
Great experience overall- stayed for two nights for a conference next door at the JW. I was able to check in early which was really nice. Self parking was easy enough and didn't have to walk far. The room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip May 15, 2015
KP
The hotel was in good shape & in a conviniant location. The only thing that suck is that you can order beakfeast in bed. Everything else is perfect.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
I can definitely understand how breakfast in bed would make for a perfect addition. Luckily we have the next best thing, our Bistro To-Go Menu! You can call down to the desk, place your order and the Bistro will have it prepared and ready for pick up. No waiting! You will have to check it out next time and let us know what you think.
Other trip May 14, 2015
jose
"Great location!"
Great location, lots of downtown activities with in easy walking distance. The only disappointment was that when I booked on Expedia I did not notice that the parking is $25 a night! You can come and go as you like but if there are any events going on downtown it can be very difficult to find another parking spot once you get back.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"Not what I was expecting"
For this being a Marriott I had higher expectations. The ac in our room was off when we arrived. It was humid and smelled like mold. The towel rack in the bathroom kept coming apart, the bathroom floor was dirty, the faucet in the shower was falling off and terrible water pressure. You could hear other guests through the vents. The coffee maker was dirty as well so we had to buy coffee downstairs. The carpet was also stained. I will say our room had a nice view of downtown Indy and the beds were pretty comfortable. Our check-in went smoothly however at the checkout I could hardly understand the lady behind the counter and kept having to repeat myself. All in all I would say I probably wouldn't stay here again. I'd rather spend a little more for something nicer.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
amiller thank you for sharing these concerns with us. I have shared this feedback with both our housekeeping and engineering teams to ensure they are addressed right away. We understand that all guests have a budget to work with so we strive to ensure you recieve the absolute best value for what you are spending with us. We know you have a lot of options when you visit Indianapolis , we thank you for choosing us during your last visit. I am disappointed to hear we were unable to exceed your expectations. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and spoil you like we really know how.
Other trip May 11, 2015
amiller
"Will be back"
Was at a conference in downtown indy and stayed here. Great location, walking distance to the state house, zoo, victory field, ncaa, and military park. Other mariott properties at the same location so there is good dining and a nice lounge.
Other trip May 9, 2015
"Indy Mini Marathon"
We stayed at this hotel for the Indy Mini Marathon, the extras that the hotel provided was so helpful. They extended the check out time and provided a pass card for the parking garage so I wasnt charged an additional 25.00 for this. The staff was very friendly and helpfull as well.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
"FANTASTIC"
Service was fantastic and much better than my first nights stay at the Westin. Much more personable staff and extremely helpful.
2 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
Mallory
"Awesome staff conveniently located very clean"
Easy check in, comfortable bed, on site Starbucks Overall fantastic
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Marla
Very attentive staff. Offered additional breakfast vouchers as a "thank you" for a multi-room, multi-night stay!
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Ashley
"great stay"
Nice staff and everything was great
3 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Great place. Very friendly staff! Great restaurants. Perfect location.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
Thank you for this wonderful review of your stay with us. We truly love what we do here and I'm delighted to hear it is showing through our wonderful staff. We look forward to having you back very soon!
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Courtyard in Indy"
Indianapolis is a great city for conventions/conferences and this was a great hotel for using the Convention Center.
4 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
"Nice Hotel. Wishing breakfast was included."
Our stay was nice. Just wish a breakfast of some sort was included in the cost.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
Dana, I am delighted to hear you thought our hotel was so nice. We continue to improve every week so we can continue to exceed guest expectations. Just last week we had the carpet and upholstery professionally cleaned throughout our entire hotel. I am sorry to hear that you missed out on our delicious breakfast buffet. At the SpringHill Suites it is a brand standard that breakfast be included in all guests' stays. I would love to hear more about your experience and why you were lead to believe otherwise. If a complimentary breakfast is important to you then the SpringHill Suites brand is perfect for you!
3 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
Dana
"Parking Garage full/ tons of traffic"
St. Patrick's day weekend. We arrived downtown around 2:10pm. TONS of traffic. it took us a good 35 minutes from the HWY to turn onto Washington St., to see the PARKING GARAGE FULL sign. Wish there could have been some type of notification on what to do. Unfortunately we were already past the hotel entrance once we saw the sign. So we had to get back into the horrible traffic and circle around the hotel again. Very frustrating waste of a good hour. With all the text message updates, I wish there would have been a courtesy call/message telling us to use the valet service. hotel staff handled the situation perfectly. We used Expedia to book our room. The website indicated we received breakfast in the am, front desk said it was not included in our package. seems this is happening more and more with hotels. website says free breakfast and then the next morning you find that is not the case. We were credited for our breakfast, luckily I had the print out from when I booked the room. Very nice rooms, staff was wonderful. will stay here again.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Mel
"Nice hotel close to Lucas Oil Stadium"
Great experience! Staff was great! Would definitely stay again.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Kristy
"Indy Supercross"
When we arrived there was sticky spots on the carpet, but it was taken care of and we were offered another room, but we opted to keep ours. Free breakfast was included in our stay, and I must say I was impressed
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
Troy M
"Way overpriced for what you get"
Worst hotel for the money I found the 200.00+ a night to be way out of line for the quality of the hotel. I was expecting a full service bar and restaurant and all they offered was a line to the TGIF. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
Write your comment.How unfortunate for us that we were not able to take care of you in our Bistro. Please accept our apologies for not better communicating that we do in fact have a restaurant and full bar in our Courtyard Lobby. It is disappointing to hear that this food and beverage experience ruined your entire stay. We hope you will offer us an opportunity in the future to show you what great options we have in our own lobby.
3 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
scott
"Kinda on the opposite end of town that I needed"
It was a very clean hotel. The staff could have been a bit friendlier. One seemed confused that we was unaware of what businesses that was around us. The valet person brought our car around quickly but did not offer to help load our luggage or open the doors. And it was quite in climate weather The beds was not comfortable at all. I would not rule this hotel out but I would shop around for something else the next visit.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
Thank you for this genuine feedback. I think you will be pleasantly surprised during your next stay . We have done some additional hiring and training , along with that we have replaced all of the pillows throughout our property. Not only can you look forward to a peacful nights sleep but a team willing and eager to ensure your stay is perfect from beginning to end. Can't wait to see you again!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
out if town
Was busy staff great but room was outdated. Expected more for price.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"parking fees."
Beware of the $23 per night self parking fee, or $27 per night valet parking fee. Also could not connect to the wifi even though it was password free. Other than that had a great stay.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
Thank you for pointing this information out. We wouldn't want any guest to be misinformed about parking or any other feature. The great thing about parking at our location is the ease of access to so many great attrractions here in Indy. This one time parking fee helps guests avoid having to repark and pay additionally.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"nice area of city"
nice walk to museums and parks. Indoor walkway to convention center. clean rooms . Quiet.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Average by my standards"
Clean, average rooms. Nice to be connected to downtown by skywalk. Anything sold in the hotel way too expensive so think ahead! Too small pool.
Cale
"Just 'Ok' for the $"
It was nice, clean, more average than I ex for what our room cost us. The beds were pretty hard. And the cable/satelite was terrible! It would glitch out every 20-45sec! We ended up gettin some of our room compt. I doubt I stay again. Average rooms with hard beds & no hot tub for adults to enjoy.
"I'd stay again"
Hotel rooms and lobby were lovely. Very nice and comfy rooms and bath. Halls, pool, elevators were not as nice. Great in and out parking option!
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Average over priced."
This was a nice hotel just over priced for what it is, a very basic hotel. Fridays was an adventure to get to in the cold which they advertise as being "in the building" but you have to walk across the parking structure and take 2 elevators to get there. The bathrooms don't have vents or fans, which is weird for showering and airing out the bathroom. The rooms were also very small but pretty true to photos.also there is no bar in this hotel like advertised! This hotel is okay, nothing special and kind of falsely advertised in a few different ways.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Downtown
We appreciate your feedback and understand that the set up of our hotels is rather unique. It is always our goal to exceed your expectations . Your valuable feedback will help us do so for future guests to come. Thank you!
3 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Megan
"Good location and nice hotel"
Stayed on new years Eve. It was a nice stay everything was clean and looked good. The check in staff was cheerful and quickly got is checked in. Really enjoyed the stay and would reccomend it if I'm back in the area.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
michael
"great stay, parking problems"
Staff very friendly. Problem with parking however. Not sure how a hotel doesn't have a large enough parking area for all of its guests.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Everyone was friendly and the hotel was easy to navigate. Our room was nice and clean.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Nice hotel but small room"
Everything was excellent but the room was smaller than expected. The end of the king bed was almost touching the side of the sofa...maybe an inch between the two. We could only walk along one side of the bed which was inconvenient. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Parking was full, but they directed us to the next closest garage efficiently.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
kevin
"Great location, great staff"
second time here and will go back again. Nice and clean, friendly staff and close to everything but quiet
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Very nice"
My husband and I went to the PRI convention and booked almost in the last minute. We are so glad we stayed at Courtyard by Marriott, Actually it looks and feels like a Marriott. Everything was very good. I highly recommend it. And we will stay there next year when we come back for the convention again.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Julieth
close to Lucas oil stadium. i was able to walk there. came for colts/texans game. staff was verry friendly & helpfull.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Sam
"Exactly what we needed."
We had a great time - we were there for the Big Ten Championship Game. You can walk anywhere - or its a $5 flat rate for a cab anywhere downtown. The don't have free breakfast, but they do have a little cafe in the lobby area of the hotel that serves breakfast sandwiches, etc., to order. It was very good (I am a person that needs to eat when I wake up) I don't have any complaints at all. The hotel is also connected to the skywalk (if you didnt want to walk outside) Although I didn't use the gym facility, it looked like a great facility with new equipment and many to choose from. I would stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014