All hotels in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1011 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA, 23451, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

"Poor maintenance of facility."
Floor cones left handing on handlebars of elevator all day. Carpets need replacing. Plastic opaque covering of window had a cracked missing piece. Vending machines not available on every floor. Buffet breakfast was good. Check in and out process was good.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"very comfy!!"
We stayed overnight with a small group for our daughters 14th birthday. Aside from a few things feeling too small ;-) we had a fantastic time!! Perfect location, clean comfy rooms, beautiful view, walking distance to pizza and carnival! The employees were so helpful and very nice. We will definitely be back!
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
Natalie
"Participant in Race for Cure"
Had trouble with key, but Housekeeping Staff was in hallway and immediately called Front Desk. The problem was the battery in the door so they switched our room right away. Excellent housekeeping and maintenance staff.
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Carolyn
"Great stay on the beach!"
Everyone we came into contact was great. We arrived early but were checked in since they had a already cleaned some rooms.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Marie
"very relaxing"
It was a great, relaxing visit!!! Very clean room and wonderful breakfast bar.
2 night trip Oct 8, 2014
Kenny & Robin
"Nice but could use small little facelifts"
Hotel was nice, but the room was a bit outdated and could use a facelift. Shower curtain rod was barely hanging onto wall and drain in shower would not drain. A/C unit sounded like jet engine
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
We loved the place didnt want to leave ...cant wait to go again!
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Decent"
We were first given a room that was not acceptable, dirty carpets etc. we then changed to a better room that was better. The hotel could use updating. Hampton's always have a good breakfast and the beach and weather was fabulous.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Everything was exactly as described. This was a nice, modern facility and we will definitely be coming back.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Delayed summer vacation finally & it's a hit!"
Great experience with expedia from searching the right hotel 1 month before to confirmation email the day before, to final check in at hotel. Polite staff, fresh coffee/tea/hot chocolate served all day long @ beverage bar, amazing hot breakfast every morning 6-10 am (each day held something different). Clean room, hot water, wifi, comfy bed...a very pleasant experience indeed.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Brenda
"excellent view and nice staffs"
Starting from check-in right to the check-out service staffs were very nice. First time i have booked ocean front room and its worth it for the view and the wave sound. I was amazed with sunrise view from the room. Atmosphere is lively in the restaurant below the hotel. Overall we liked our stay and we will revisit again
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Muthukumar
"Fabulous value"
Beautiful oceanfront room,very clean, staff extremely friendly and helpful.
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
Theresa
"great time"
Had a great stay. Clean rooms & breakfast was good. Would definitely stay again.
2 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Vedette
My stay was wonderful. I had a great room. The location was perfect. The Taphouse Restaurant is one of my favorites and there is a door from the hotel lobby to there, so it was perfect.
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2014
"work & play"
You get what you pay for. Over all clean but a tad bitrough and outdated. Great location and an awesome bar connected.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
Clay
"Nice motel"
Was there with my family.The staff was friendly and the room was clean.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
great
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
"It is very nice"
I had a good time and the hotel is comfortable and I will recommend it to my friends
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
same
Hampton inns never let us down. Every one we have stayed at has been nice & very clean.
3 night family trip Sep 11, 2014
"Good place overall"
Room was very nice. Plenty of room and everything was clean and in good shape. Problem with the tv remote but wasn't a concern for us because we were only staying one night and spent most of the time on the balcony. Great location and would have no trouble returning. Mention the remote on checkout and they immediately call maintenance.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Best hotel on the beach"
I love this hotel !!!
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2014
"Virginia beach getaway"
My husband. Son and I took a three day getaway to Virginia Beach but weren't sure where to stay. So as always I went to the reviews on expedia. I found the Hampton Inn it had good reviews and a great price, so I booked it. The check in process was very quick even though we for there 30 mins before check in. The room was very clean and the view was exactly what I wanted. We had the complementary breakfast and were pleasantly surprised. The food was fresh and there was a good variety. Those were the pros but there were cons: the internet-wifi was free but only for one day and it was terrible! We kept getting kick off so we just used our data. This was bad but the reason I have the hotel 4 stars and not 5 was the elevator maintainance that was going on during our stay. I know that things like this must be done but I question the time. It is after the season but why not wait until closer to the end of the month when there weren't so many guests. Also the time of day they had one of the two elevators down both days that we were there during breakfast and check out time. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
keri
"very disappointed"
Went to get our complementary breakfast at 9:40am and there was nothing left except 3 biscuits and a little bowl of grits....We ended up having to go out for breakfast and spending $65.46 on our breakfast. There was 4 of us spending the night and only had 1 set of towels to take a shower with so we had to reuse the same towels the following morning. The 2 people at the front desk was very rude. My family and I was very disappointed with our stay....
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2014
Rodney Conner
"Beautiful view, room could have been better"
We have stayed at many hotels at the oceanfront in Virginia Beach. For the price, I felt this one should be better. I reserved 2 rooms, but when I arrived I found, although I had booked the rooms together and they do have adjoining rooms, that our rooms were not together at all (although they were on the same floor, they were about 5 rooms apart). The remote for the TV did not work. The coffee maker was missing the part that holds the "filter," which made it impossible to make any coffee in the room without it. The view, as always, was amazing. And the breakfast was free and actually quite good. Overall, I felt there are better values available on the beach.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Good option on south end"
Clean and reliabale. This is a great option on the south end of VA Beach
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
"Family get away!"
We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We got there before 4 o'clock and they had our room ready. Our room was clean and had what we ask for! Staff are very helpful. They had breakfast every morning with many options. For sure we'll be back to this hotel.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
guillher.3
"Excellent Hotel"
Excellent staff. Friendly. Late checkout given. Comfortable. Quiet. Great location. Enjoyed our stay.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Brenda
"Labor Day Weekend - Race weekend"
Great hotel right on the beach. Stayed with 2 girlfriends for the 1/2 marathon and it was a super convienient location. Continental breakfast was great. Room was clean and comforatable. No complaints at all.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
C
"Great location but slow check in service"
Overall stay was good, room worked ok and up front beach location was excellent. Front desk staff were generally helpful in trying to get us two rooms side by side. Our only complaint was that it took an abnormally long time for check in to our second room. We had asked for two rooms side by side and were checked in to the first room around noon. However it took until 5pm to be able to enter the second room. We were told we would be called when the second room was available, we never were called and only found out that the room was ready going back and forth to front desk. We were at the other room much of the time and saw no maid's cart outside the room so I think they forgot about us.
1 night family trip Aug 25, 2014
T. Redies
"Surely we'll be back"
I love this hotel. FIrst is the location. It's oceanfront. As you wake up, you'll see the sunrise. The hotel employees were pleasant and accommodating. The free breakfast that comes with the stay is excellent. WIll definitely come back.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Jan
"Nice hotel, nice view"
Continental breakfast was good, long wait for elevator! I would stay again.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Kimberly
"Enjoyed the stay"
Very pleasant stay. Nice to have the restaurant adjacent and accessible from lobby. Breakfast was very good with a wide variety of choices. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
"Kid's Beach Vacation"
This was our last chance for a getaway before school starts. We chose the Hampton Inn because we can always count on the best value for our family budget. Also, the "free" breakfast is the best we have ever encountered in any hotel we've stayed at. We had a great beachfront room, fantastic view of the ocean, and the location was in the middle of many boardwalk activities, restaurants, shops, etc. The staff was very courteous and answered all our questions...even the stupid ones. I will not hesitate to stay or recommend the Hampton Inn in all our future visits to Virginia Beach.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Hotel Review"
I was extremely with my stay at the Hampton Inn. My trip was part business, in that I had a child returning to school in the area. My family and I were extremely pleased with the over-all quality and location of the hotel. I look forward to staying at the Hampton Inn again in the near future.
2 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
Bev.
"Family vacation for four"
Everything in the room was clean and operable - no complaints. We had an eighth floor room - so the views were spectacular. One thing to note about this hotel is that all rooms face the ocean - which is great. The breakfast was good - with enough selection for those who want something beyond "continental" breakfasts. The staff were really friendly - and always said hello and asked how your day was going. We did not experience any annoying noises - however we did request a suite away from the elevators, stairs and low to the first floor (which has a loud next door bar).
3 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
CMM
Hotel was great especially the rate we got it at hotels. Com. Hotel staff were great esp. Rita from dining service, she went above and beyond to serve us and make us feel at home. Receptionist could get better, they didn't even give us a courtesy call(that we requested) for early check in. We called 30 min before our regular check in and room was not even ready.
5 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
jim m.
"Nice hotel on south end of boardwalk."
Everything was as expected or better. Hotel is in a nice area and was clean and well maintained. Convenient parking.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Pat
"Nice Hotel right at the oceanfront"
We, a family of 4 were looking for a place to just relax and enjoy some sunny days on the beach. The Hampton Inn was a perfect choice for exactly that.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Guenter
"Excellent Stay"
This hotel was very very nice. It was clean, the front desk, housekeeping, etc personnel were very helpful and polite. If I were to have any complaints they would be not enough elevators and an outdoor pool would be wonderful. Otherwise I would stay at this hotel again.
3 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
"ocean front hotel"
very nice hotel, clean and confortable. All the rooms are ocean front with balcone. Free breakfast. the price is a little high
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Lili
"Nice hotel right on the boardwalk!"
Nice hotel, breakfast was good. Twice in our 4 night stay we either didn't receive towels or washcloths. The shower curtain rod was literally barely hanging on, which made the shower curtain NOT stay closed, which resulted in water all over the floor every time a shower was taken. Even with the above mentioned things, we enjoyed our stay right on the beach & boardwalk.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
becky
"Good location South boardwalk less crowded."
Hamptons always nice. The hotel staff were very nice. However, this one was a bit lacking for $300/night. We had some damage to the walls in the main room and bathroom, one closet mirror was missing and the shower drain was clogged (seemed to be sand-throughout the hotel since they are on the beach).
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Family
"Nice Hotel for Girl's Weekend."
My stay at the Hampton Inn was for girl's weekend. The hotel was clean and up to date. The staff was friendly. The room service was good.I would definitely come back to the hotel. The free breakfast was a nice treat.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Bernadette
"Great hotel!"
Great staff, parking, breakfast and rooms! Very clean!
We arrived at 3pm; were told our room was not ready; was on the 8th floor and would not be allowed to check in before 4pm. We came back at 4pm, no one else was waiting and we were given a room on the 6th floor.......hmm. The front desk clerks were pretty rude. The place is pretty nice and the breakfast is good. We vacated our room every day from 9am until 1pm and no one cleaned the room during this time. They typically showed up around 3:30- 4, after we had returned from the beach and were ready to shower and prepare for the evening. There was an exceptionally pleasant and helpful lady, Rita, who helped clear breakfast dishes and stock the coffee service. She went above and beyond. She was even willing to get us coffee and juice- where the breakfast is a buffet. The view is incredible, but a previous reviewer was correct- if you are on the 2nd floor, your view was of the rooftop of the breakfast lounge. The elevator can be extremely slow, but that's because there are only 2 and the hotel was packed. 24 hour coffee is awesome. We ate at the Taphouse grill- the restaurant attached to the hotel,and they provide a 15% discount to guests of the hotel. One word of caution if you are a lite sleeper, the Calypso bar and grill at the neighboring hotel has live music from 9 until 1 and it's very loud! We enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.
3 night romance trip Jul 31, 2014
"Terrific hotel"
Our stay was fantastic. Virginia Beach is awesome. Hotel was reasonable for oceanfront view. Wonderful breakfast. Loved it!
2 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Tracy
"nice beachfront hotel"
we had a very nice stay. would definitely go back!
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Joyce
Very friendly and attentive staff, good breakfast, great location for family
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Nothing to brag about"
We ask for a king size bed we got a double bed air conditioner was noisy and there was no safe to keep valuables. Hotel looks tired. Needs sprucing up.
5 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
Emily
"Nice hotel on the beach with easy access"
Everything was exceptional except for the elevators. There are only two serving the entire hotel. There was a lot of time spent waiting on the elevators. Other than that I would highly recommend this hotel. I would stay again.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014