All hotels in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1421 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA, 19102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice central hotel"
Good location--2 blocks from reading terminal which is food vendor galore--great for grabbing breakfast as there are sit down places inside Walking distance to many restaurants- Hotel very clean--very comfortable beds Good size rooms and quiet
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Stayed for two nights and had a great stay! Great hotel and very close to local attractions. The hotel was nicely designed & had nice amenities (gym, microwave), would definitely stay there again. Observations about the room (want to clarify these are not complaints, merely observations): the bed is low to the ground & the bathroom faucet splashes everywhere which was unexpected, & Wifi was not free.
2 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
"A great find in Philadelphia!"
We were so happy that we booked this hotel for our stay in Philadelphia. It is within walking distance to all the points of interest such as,(Franklin Institute. The Mutter museum etc!). Check in was easy, fast,and friendly. We were a family of five so we had booked two rooms which were spotless,and beautifully appointed with lovely bed linens on very comfortable beds. The bathrooms were large. One room had a full soaking tub, while room two had a great shower. We were amazed to see what can be done to convert an old building to such a great hotel. We will stay here again on our next visit to this city.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Runners weekend"
Le Meridien philadelphia is a stylish comfortable hotel
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
"Brave New World Hotel for a Dying Democracy"
touch sensitive beverage bottles? windows that don't open? no hooks in bathroom to hang up towels? what world are you living in? I had a good breakfast there. Other than that . . .
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
Neil
"Funky Hotel"
Hip renovation of an old building in center of downtown. Rooms nicely sized. Ordered a room service breakfast and it was very good with a Euro flare. Much better than standard room service food at a Westin or such. Only problem was it took 3 calls to room service for someone to pick up the phone. Same with the front desk. Maid forgot to leave menu in the room and shampoo. Otherwise for $200 a night good hotel. Would not pay more for it.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
A
"not quite 4 star"
convenient location. Nice renovation with good public spaces and good service. My room was extra small with no chair other than a desk chair that was more like a barstool. Windows faced a narrow back alley so curtains were drawn at all times. It was OK since I was travelling alone but not for a couple or family.
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
Thank you for posting your review and recognizing our good space and good service. I do apologize that you received one of our smaller rooms lacking a view. We do have 5 different categories of rooms and it sounds as if you had a classic room type. Maybe one of the other options would have suited you better. Traveler tip: if size and views are important for your visit follow this guide from best view or larger to smallest with an urban view: Suite, Superior, Executive, Deluxe and then Classic.
2 night trip Oct 30, 2014
"Stay Elsewhere!!!!"
Terrible stay. The room was stuffy and extremely small. Our 1 piece of luggage would even fit where the bed was located. Complimentary water bottles but not water bottles in the room, only 1 bath robe which was a cheap material and the most uncomfortable bed. The room was so tiny that there was not even a chair. the bed was practically on the ground and our view was of a huge roof top generator. Beyond disappointed. Called to complain and all I got was "oh sorry." Front desk staff was not friendly at all. Upon check out all that was said was you owe $48 for parking. For the money stay elsewhere! Huge disappointment
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I apologize that you did not enjoy your visit. Clearly we did not provide what you expected and I’m sorry it disappointed you. We certainly would have been happy to deliver an additional robe to you and it sounds like we should have been more empathetic when you called to express concern about the view. Traveler tip: if size and views are important for your visit follow this guide from best view or larger to smallest with an urban view: Suite, Superior, Executive, Deluxe and then Classic. Parking in Center City is expensive at every hotel. If you do need in and out service, it may be more affordable to simply leave your bags with our doorman, obtain directions to one of many self-parking lots and then check in. Savings range for $5-25 per day.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Great experience!"
This is my second stay at Le Meridian. A second stay because our first stay last year was so good. Staff are fully competent and completely nice. This includes the front desk, the bartenders and especially the Valet parkers. It is so nice to stay at a hotel where the elevators are all working, are fast and available. I'm furthermore impressed with the environment, sleekness of this hotel with its modernistic furnishings l. The bar in this hotel is a very cool place. I also really like the soundtrack of the music that plays in the background to the common areas. Currently, I'm the parent of freshman at Haverford College. My wife and I are therefore looking forward to future stays at Le Meridian over the next four years.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"From bad to worse - poor room, service and billing"
Although we were here in September the halls and lobby were freezing. The room was too small for three adults, almost no closet space. Room service overcharged us ($12 more than listed on menu) and added $20 service charge for the pleasure! The final bill included charges for valet parking (we had no car) and for mini-bar wine (the mini-bar was locked and we had no key.) Worse yet, though we had prepaid for the room, we were charged directly to our checking account for the room (again) plus the bogus valet parking. Many calls to the hotel manager were not returned. It took nearly a month to resolve and collect a refund. Put a real damper on the entire stay.
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
Elsie, Thank you for sharing your comments. I apologize if we made mistakes in your billing, that is highly unusual that so many existed. I am slightly confused as our mini bars do not have keys and I think what you are referring to as an additional room charge is the deposit we take for incidentals which is refunded upon check out. I will look at this with my staff to ensure we follow our protocol to prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you again and I apologize that this put a damper on your stay. Regards, Evan
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Elsie
"Convenient location for the price"
Traffic is a hassle near the hotel, but the location is in a good location, near many tourist sites. The rate was good too, compared to other nearby hotels.
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
Anon, Thank you for complementing our location and affordable rates. Traffic is generally not an issue in this neighborhood so I suspect what you encountered was a temporary issue. I apologize if that detracted from your visit. I appreciate your business and hope to serve you again soon. Regards, Evan
1 night trip Oct 22, 2014
Had an issue with door not closing when I left the room for the day. I came back and door was cracked open. I had left "do not clean" tag on door over night so I could get 500 extra star points -- So no cleaning service was performed on the room that day. Nothing was stolen. Spoke with acting manager on premises who was very kind. The whole scenario was A bit scary to be honest. Hopefully this was a 1 time incident and I was assured the door would be assessed. Received an email the following day that door was assessed and found to be in good working condition. Otherwise, it is a fine hotel. Not 5 star by any stretch of imagination. Room was small with window facing inner hotel (no sunlight) and needed a small bit of attention to minor details.
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ari, Thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate your “fine hotel” description. I apologize that we didn’t communicate clearly what we found when investigating your “open door” incident. We follow a protocol which includes a physical inspection of the door, lock mechanics, hinges and interrogate the lock itself. We have the technology to determine who last opened the door. It was last opened with the key provided to you. All other mechanical issues checked out fine. We were fortunate nothing was taken. I do apologize that it was concerning and certainly understand why. Thank you for your business and I hope we can serve you again. Evan Traveler Tip: Hotel doors are self-closing. Please use care when exiting a room to be the door closes behind you. Often a carry-on or roll-aboard bag will hit the door while it’s trying to close and prevent it from latching.
2 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
"Terrific staff overcomes any glitch"
Had one recurring glitch with a room keycard, but the staff was right on it. Everyone was so friendly and interested in helping us that in a short time I felt like I was living in a small, warm and friendly home. A small group of old college grads were creating a reunion. I called the morning before our arrival and the person at the desk easily accomodated our wish for rooms next to each other. From the front door through to everyone else we got smiles and by day 2 felt at home. Rooms were clean. Interesting design.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
The employees were really nice and friendly. The hotel was nice and clean. Only thing I didn't like was that the room was too small.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"not a happy place"
we felt unwanted from the start. we had "upgraded" to an executive room and asked if there were any rooms available with a city or park view. we were told that none were. we were assigned to room 909. the hotel associate who helped us to our room commented that we had been put "way back in the quiet zone". the room was tiny with a view of the backs of other buildings. the only chair in the room was the plastic one at the desk. the lobby was so dark in the evening that people were using their cell phone lights to assist them with reading the very limited menu (five entrees)of the restaurant. after a long day of seeing the sights, we returned to our room to find that our key cards were not working. the front desk told us that the keys had timed out and they reactivated them. no apology for the inconvenience. at time of check out we were told that a copy of our bill would be e-mailed to us. it's been over a week, no e-mail. le meridien gives "boutique" hotels a bad name.
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
William, Thank you for taking time to write a review. Please allow me to apologize that you didn’t enjoy the visit. I’m glad we were able to upgrade your room, but regret we did not have a superior (view room) available. I’m guessing from your comment about 5 entrée selections that you were here during restaurant week. I apologize that we did not give you the full menu. We do keep the lighting low in restaurant area, as generally with the external light coming from the tall windows offering enough. Sometimes during really dark or inclement weather nights it can be exceptionally dark. I’m not sure why your room keys timed out, as they are programmed to expire on the date of your departure however I agree we certainly should have apologized for that. I am disappointed to hear you have not received your bill occasionally the email can end up in a spam box however if you have not yet received your bill, please call the hotel and ask for the General Manager, I will be sure to get you a copy of your final bill. I do hope you will reconsider our hotel when returning to Philadelphia. Safe travels, Evan
2 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
william
"Trip to downtown Phili"
It appears that during their renovation they added 3 elevators in the middle of the hotel building corridor. Therefore, finding your room requires you to go through a complex maze of hallways. My room had a main pipe behind one of the walls which made very loud constant noise. I had to close the bathroom door to reduce it but no chance. The location is next to convention center. If you have a conference there. If now, nothing unique about this hotel. Staff are friendly and nice. However, rooms are too small. Shower was old and flooring was not clean.
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
Thank you for sharing your comments. I appreciate your feedback about our friendly staff. You are correct, when we rescued this neo classic building from the “wrecking” ball we put the elevators in the middle of an atrium. The guest rooms do surround the atrium creating the maze. I apologize if that was confusing to you vs. the traditional straight line corridor, anyone of the team would have been more than happy to help you if asked. I hope you shared the loud plumbing noise concern while you were here so we had the chance to correct this unusual situation. I appreciate your business and I hope you will give us the opportunity to earn your return visits. Safe travels, Evan
3 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
""Free" internet"
They charge me for free internet. And still don't get any answer
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
Miguel, Thank you for sharing your review. I am disappointed to hear about this and I will research this incident with the team to ensure it is corrected immediately . I hope that you had an excellent stay otherwise. Regards, Evan
1 night business trip Oct 5, 2014
Miguel
"Peaceful in Philly"
Beautiful and so peaceful! We came up for the weekend and this was a perfectly situated spot for us. The room was just what we needed and loved the spaciousness of the bathroom and the closet/dressing area. Definitely staying here again.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Howard
"Cool Hotel for a younger crowd"
The staff at the Hotel was very professional, friendly, and helpful. The Hotel has a modern style throughout with and music being played 24-hours in common areas by Nouvelle Vague, which I enjoyed. However, the room was very small with a view of a back alley rather than the city scape as indicated by Expedia. Due to the small size of the room, I would not recommend the Classic Room for someone that is looking for something spacious.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Our stay for the Philly rock n roll half marathon"
Overall, the hotel is nice and clean. We were disappointed in our room for how much we paid for it. The bathroom was bigger than our room itself and our view was of a back alley rather than the picturesque views that are touted on the website. There is not complimentary internet, so be prepared to pay up to $15 per day or bring your own hot spot. There was no pool or hot tub. The workout facility was small, but was clean. On a positive side, the location of the hotel is great! You are within walking distance of the historic sites, reading terminal market, art museum, etc. There are many great restaurants within walking distance and you're right cross from the famous Love park. It is also two blocks from the train station, so that's super convenient. The guys outside were always nice and very helpful, I wish I could say the same for the hospitality of the front desk staff.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"What were they thinking?"
Apparently this hotel was built within an historic old building in Philadelphia just a few years ago. I love that idea! But the execution is just a head-scratcher. The public spaces are dark, not in a cool way, and so cramped that they're hard to get around. And before you can even get to them you have to climb a tall, unattractive staircase to get into the hotel. The trek to my room required no less than four confusing turns down long hallways, and they're not lovely hallways. My room had several accoutrement that were clearly intended to be chic and trendy (a gargantuan lamp, a small side table) but they looked shabby and a bit on the side of amateurish design. The color choices they made render everything drab. Worst, the bed was an uncomfortable, worn-out bowl of a thing. There's no top sheet, so your choice is to use either a VERY thick, uber-warm down comforter or nothing at all. Oh wait, here's really the worst part -- my room overlooked an interior brick atrium so there was so natural light, view or privacy. If this hotel were $150 a night I could understand, but it's not. And the standard astronomical prices for mediocre, uninspired room service didn't help. All of that said, the staff is wonderful. To a person. One room service server was so charming and funny I wanted to go get a beer with him. (My guess is he's an improv actor by night.)
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
Bonnie, Thank you for the great comments on our staff. I do apologize that the style and design of the hotel did not inspire your tastes. When we rescued this historic neo classic building from the wrecking ball, we knew there would be some nuances that would be different than a traditional hotel. We had to protect the historical elements and simply were not “permitted” to modify some elements like the stairs into the hotel. Part of our charm is the uniqueness this hotel offers. We have over 40 different floor plans and views, very different than the traditional hotel with a right or left handed room offering a view in one of two directions. I am quite certain we could find a room in the hotel that you would enjoy and hope you will return and allow us to find that perfect room. Again, thank you for the great comment on our staff and room service waiter. I will share my appreciation for their efforts. Wishing you safe travels, Evan
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Bonnie
Few bumps in the road but the staff went over and beyond to ensure that my stay was amazing. Hotel is beautiful and very trendy. Bed was super comfortable and room service was quick!
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Enjoyable Stay"
We thouroughly enjoyed our brief stay at Le Meridien. Location was great. This was undoubtedly the quietest hotel we have ever stayed in and we were there during a very busy Labor Day weekend. All of the staff that we encountered were friendly. The maintenance person that came to our room to service our TV was extremely nice and went out of his way to make sure we had a bottle opener and corkscrew. Our only complaint is the mattress could have been more comfortable although the bedding was quite nice.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Great location, great value"
Very comfortable bed, chic, hip property. Very helpful staff
1 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2014
brynguy
"Great place, great price"
Could not be happier with this hotel.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Fabulous hotel with a delicious restaurant. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. Very interesting hotel design.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Erika
Overall nice place
2 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2014
"Excellent staff and overall pleasant experience"
I was only there for 1 night but I will definitely return again. The hotel staff was very friendly and willing to assist. The room was huge and clean, the bed was large and comfy. My only complaint and it's not really a complain, but I didn't have a great view from my window, it just kind of look out at other rooms. If I return it would be for a longer time and hopefully I can get a street view. I tried to get an earlier check in time, but that didn't work out, I guess they were busy
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Denyse
"Very nice and a great value"
Loved this place and the price for it was very low for the amenities.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Just Okay"
The hotel is nice and clean, but don't expect anything fancy like a grand lobby or slippers in the room. If you are lucky enough you can get a room facing towards the city hall. If Not, your room might face towards the interior of the building or a not-so-nice building in the back. The furniture in the room was very basic, the bed and just one chair. The location is good and close to everything.
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
B, Thank you for sharing your comments. I appreciate you enjoyed our location and proximity to Philadelphia’s great sights. I am glad you found the hotel nice and clean. It would be our pleasure to offer you slippers on your next visit, simply ask upon arrival and we will deliver them. We choose a minimalist approach, trying to reduce clutter in the guest room and afford you all the usable space. Providing the amenities upon request is our way of adding additional services. Thank you for your feedback and your business. Wishing you safe travels, Evan
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
B.
"One of the best so far"
I have stayed in a great deal of hotels throughout my life. So far this one has pleasantly surprised me the most out of all service wise and esthetic wise. I Absolutely recommend it to anyone who is planning on staying in philly.
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
AK, Thank you for the FIVE STAR review and your recommendation. Hope to serve you again, Evan - GM
1 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
AK
"Great location!"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a perfect location, easy to walk everywhere.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Comfortable hotel with an amazing staff"
My experience here was overall good. I had a minor problem with my room but it was fixed immediately. Which was greatly appreciated.
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
Anon, Thank you for the FIVE STAR review. I appreciate you gave us the opportunity to fix the minor problem. I appreciate the business and hope to serve you again, Evan - GM
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Our overall stay was great. The only thing that could be worked on is the valet parking. They need a better system. We would stay there again. It's right in the middle of everything within walking distance.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2014
Marielle
Excellent hotel in a great location! Would definitely stay there again.
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
Thank you for the 5 STAR review and more importantly the opportunity to have earned your business. We look forward to having you here again. Safe travels, Evan - GM
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Kerrie
"Convenient location, fantastic hotel and staff"
We went for the 4th of July and had a great time staying at the Le Meridien. The hotel is a few blocks Benjamin Franklin Parkway and close to many sites in the city. The hotel itself is very trendy and updated beautifully, our room was comfortable and the hotel staff is incredibly professional and courteous. There's a great little breakfast shop next door that serves hearty breakfast at a great price. The only draw back is the quality of the neighborhood around the hotel, the city is very dirty and the locals at the mcdonalds next door are very unsavory looking characters. Other than that I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Philadelphia.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Bobby H
"great choice for all the sights"
Very nice, contemporary hotel in the heart of the city. Rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable, and the hotel décor was neat. Staff were helpful and courteous.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
"Cool place !!!"
It was really nice !! I was really impressed with the theme of the whole place and even the way it was built ! It was a great room too ! The view was not good at all but I really didn't care you are in Philly in the middle of everything !!!
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
Amanda, Thank you for the 5 star review! I am delighted you enjoyed how we transformed a 100 year old neoclassic building into a cool hotel with great rooms. I hope we have earned your return business. Enjoy your summer, Evan traveler tip: while some of our rooms have urban views, you can reserve a room with a view by selecting the "superior" room type when make your reservation.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
amanda
"Brotherly Love Indeed"
The staff was very helpful and considerate. Upon checking-in, I requested a room with a view of city hall, and they set us up on the 10th floor with a commanding view of JFK Square and city hall, simply gorgeous. Love the fact that they kept the architectural details of the old YMCA building. Biggest bang for my luxury bucks!
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Without a doubt. ..We will most definitely be returning to Le Meridien. A-1 Service with a smile!
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Jerald
"Awesome location"
Sweet hotel, great design inside, hard beds, but comfy pillows and sheets. Would stay here again, definitely!
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
carac
Great hotel. In a perfect location where you can walk to anything in Philly. Also very friendly and helpful staff. Everything was very clean & in great condition. The only complaint I have is that the beds & pillows were not super comfy-the mattresses were a bit soft. But that is just a personal preference, so overall great!
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Nice hotel stay"
My fiancé and loved the interior design of the room. Very modern and cool. They gave us a room on the top floor. Room was very clean and had a great view of the giant paintbrush and convention center lights. Had dinner at Amuse which was nice too. Overall a great stay would definitely stay here again if we went to Philly again.
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
Jackie, Thank you for the FIVE STAR review. I am delighted you and your fiancé enjoyed the visit. I look forward to serving you again on your next visit. Regards, Evan
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Jackie
"Ok"
Booked online for a king size bed but they could not accommodate so my wife and I slept on a twin bed. Plus if getting room through expedia you can not claim SPG rewards.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
I really enjoyed the hotel and the service. The location was EXCELLENT! the ONLY reason it did not get a "5" was because I was "shocked" how much the parking was. They only have valet parking but the fee was not disclosed at booking... it was essentially just under $50/night!!! This significantly impacted the cost of the stay and should have been disclosed with the room rate.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
JoeBoston
"Pretty Good"
I booked the hotel room and it was relatively cheap which is why I probably didn't get the best room. Only stayed one night so I didn't test the service too much but everyone was friendly and helpful. The down side is the room was really tiny and the furniture had stains on it. The room's are not well designed and it seems that looking trendy took precedence to functionality. The view of the hallway and the fact that you had another window directly across from yours made you want to keep the shades closed which made the room seem smaller.
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2014
"Last Minute - Great Accomodation"
A flight cancellation out of Philadelphia required a last minute stay. Airport hotels were sold out, but found this gem downtown and under 30 minute, flat rate reasonable cab ride. Clean, very comfortable bed was most welcomed after long flight hassles.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
"Fantastic breakfast"
Staff was great. An elegant, but fun vibe in the lobby. Amuse was delicious and I walked to most the downtown attractions.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
NYCALAN
"Enjoyable stay"
My husband and I really enjoyed our stay. Everyone was so, friendly and helpful except for the lady who checked us in. She was not very friendly and offered no information about the hotel. For example, you need to insert your room key in order to get the elevator to work. One of the other staff members informed us of this important piece of information.
2 night family trip May 30, 2014
Happy Travelers
Overall nice hotel for the location. Prefer the Inn at Penn but LeMeridien was a better location. Would stay again but overall it was a bit pricey considering the accommodations.
Response by Le Meridien Philadelphia
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad you found our location convenient. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon! Sincerely, Emma S Guest Relations Manager
Other trip Jun 2, 2014