All hotels in Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico

Delicious food
    Rather comfortable
    Ordinary amenities
    Breakfast is average
"Night club upstairs = NO SLEEP EVER"
Stayed in Nov. for our honeymoon. There is a night club on the roof of the hotel and you can hear it from every room every single night until the break of dawn. Little to no sleep every night. We were moved 3 times to different floors. They really did try to make us happy by offering us a bottle of wine the first night but it was a huge mistake to allow that nightclub to move in. The bottom floor you can hear everything in the lobby. But it had the best bathroom. It also has an open window that cannot close to the outside where cars pass and people hangout. It is the Loudest room in the hotel. The other 2 bathrooms the shower leaked out onto the bathroom floor and you could hear the bumping music of the club each night. The wifi is terrible all over the hotel. The breakfast is not good and overpriced. I suggest to terminate that nightclub, fix shower flooring, and soundproofing. Customer satisfaction was important to the manager as he gave us most of our money back but until some major changes happen, I don't know how the hotel will make it.
4 night romance trip Nov 24, 2015
Laiza
Very nice hotel in a great part of town. Very good for couples or business. Beautiful accommodations.
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Jaime C
"Awesome Hotel in Polanco"
I stayed two nights while on a business trip. This place is a 3 minute walk from the main hotel drag (Hyatt, W...). The hotel, room, staff, restaurant all are outstanding. I ate dinner in the restaurant on the second of my two nights, but I wish I'd eaten there both nights. Great atmosphere. Skip the chains, do yourself a favor, stay at Busue.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
Francisco
"Not what I expected"
Room was dark. Bed sheets wrinkled. Shower water pressure low. There was no closet to hang shirts, jackets, etc...
3 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
Raul
"A small piece of paradise"
Loved the hotel, had some issues with the final bill but the manager was able to solve it. Would stay again.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"excellent"
My parents had nothing but great things to says about this hotel and it's staff. My mother was ill for past of their vacation and my father had an international Conference call. The staff went out if their way to take care of them both. Great location, good breakfast, large room, extraordinary service. Very cheap for quality
4 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"Don't book a room at the entrance level!"
At the check-in i got a room a the street level behind the reception desk close to an hotel workers room. Since I was able to hear all conversations coming from the adjacent room and the reception, i asked to change the room. The other room #1 was still at the entrance level with a big window overlooked the parking street basically the car was at 3 feet from the window, the impression was to sleep in the street with people walking by. The receptionist, after checking with her manager told me that the day after they would give me a room at the first or other floors. The day after coming back at the hotel i found out that my room hasn't changed because the hotel was fully booked. The team and the manager are really unprofessional. If you book here ask for room at the first or other floors but certainly not at the entrance + reception + sidewalk + parking + car!
3 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
Michele
"Beautiful neighborhood, gorgeous hotel, but...."
Only the reception staff spoke English - which made communication with the rooftop restaurant staff difficult/impossible. Also, for $150/night you should get a full breakfast, not a continental breakfast consisting of toast, fruit slices and yogurt. Just sayin'. My room was tastefully and beautifully appointed, with a waterfall outside. However, I was in room 5 which is on the bottom floor and near the staff changing room which meant that there was some loud talk late at night outside my door. The receptionists were wonderful, though, helpful and accommodating.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Ella
"Busue is a beautiful hotel!"
This hotel is beautiful. Deep in the heart of Polanco within walking distances to restaurants and shopping.
2 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
Vicky
"Busue the best in Polanco"
Boutique luxury Mexico City hotel rooms exceeded my expectations on every level. Quiet and roomy--with three sets of windows to allow the cool air in, abstract colorful art on walls, heavy knotted oak doors, fresh flowers; and comfortable---with cushioned couch and coffee table area for reading, soft linens, fluffy pillows; and practical---with oversized hand carved wall mirror for full view before stepping out on the town, two oversized closets, pebbled bathroom floor, and convenient--to the creative award-winning restaurant up the flight of steps, to the cozy well serviced reception area and in the Palanco neighborhood. Did I mention the full service and attention! Attentive unobtrusive gracious friendly anticipatory of needs---beautiful warm people of Mexico work here with skill and style. A bottle of wine surprise in the room and nightly. truffles with sugared leaf decorations overwhelmed me. Yes will be here again and tell my work mates and friends to stay at the elegant delightful Busue. With only 12 rooms book early. Busue is the best kept secret in Polanco.
2 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
Jamy
"Great location!"
This hotel lived up to our standards. It's beautiful and very comfortable. The location is prime.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Seastar
"Not ready to be a "Boutique" hotel"
The location of this place is amazing. The only negative aspect is that the main street of the neighborhood where it is located is undergoing construction so it was closed, and access to the hotel is not ideal. On top of that they haven’t installed the hotel’s name sign, which makes it even harder to find. There are only 11 rooms. The place has potential. The room was very nice. Clean. We decided to take a shower. First surprise: The shower had almost no pressure, unacceptable for a pretentious hotel. Second surprise: There were no towels. This is a $350+ room, ok? We called the front desk and they brought 2 towels that were so thin they looked more like pillowcases. We wanted to get a beer from the minibar, but it didn’t work properly so they were almost at room temperature. It wasn’t good. They have just a small crew to clean the rooms. So they come whenever they can. We went out the next morning and when we got back around 5 the room was dirty (they don’t even have the door display “Clean it/do not disturb”). They finally came around 6 and guess what? No towels again! We called the front desk and to our dismay this was the answer: “They didn’t bring us clean towels today”. I’m not kidding. The other negative side is that you can hear everything in the hotel. Bring earplugs if you want to disconnect. Overall it was not a good experience. We ended up leaving a day earlier. Funny enough, we had a reservation at the W that I cancelled to give Busue a try.
3 night romance trip Sep 29, 2014
Rafael
"Walking distance to great restaurants and shops"
Great location, very large and comfortable bed, wifi not very good, continental breakfast included, no gym and no nearby gym option.
4 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
"Very nice"
Very nice, clean, modern. Small details made it incredibly comfortable.
2 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2014
"excellent"
Location great staff
2 night family trip Jun 13, 2014
Phil
"Beautiful hotel"
I have mixed reviews of this hotel. It was tough deciding to book here based on the shortage of reviews, but I wanted something with the Mexican charm. The hotel is fairly new and has some kinks to work out. We stayed on the first floor. Pros: -It is absolutely beautiful and good neighborhood. -I felt safe and we could walk to many restaurants. -The front desk worked hard to get any questions I had answered. -Sheets and bed were wonderful. -wifi connection was great. -restaurant is very nice and food was good (only got breakfast.) -Always greeted very nicely when leaving or arriving back at the hotel. Cons: -The name of the hotel or street number is not on the hotel (or anywhere!) so taxis and our family had a hard time finding it. -It's on a one way street, and traffic and road work (one street over) is heavy so takes a bit of time depending where car is coming from. -There were no windows in our room except into an atrium with tables right outside our window. The room is extremely dark. -When we arrived there was a remote missing on the tv, so it took us forever to turn it on (after going to front desk to ask and them bringing the correct remote needed.) -Air conditioner had no remote in the room and had to ask for it -There was no price list or menu in the room. -They don't have any maps, but did print out a map of the area for me.
5 night romance trip May 31, 2014
"They gave away my room...."
I arrived in Mexico City at 5:30 am for a 9:00 am meeting. I arrived at Busue a Boutique Experience Hotel only to find out no one spoke English AND they had NOT honored my reservation, giving away my room in a full hotel and leaving me with no place to stay and having to find a hotel quickly so I could make my meeting. Terrible. I'm very upset about this happening. The next hotel I tried was full and I ended up at a hotel that was twice the price, in a pinch and I was stuck. DO NOT RESERVE A ROOM HERE.
3 night business trip May 12, 2014
M
"Upset..."
I got a room on the first floor (I believe Room 2) and could not sleep due to the noice from within the hotel. There was a public patio adjacent to my room windows (and I mean right next to my room) which guests sat until late. I had to leave the windows to the patio open because the air conditioner in my room would not work. The hotel staff started speaking to each other loudly at around 6:00 AM, which irritated me further. To make matters worse, my room rate - which was not cheap - included breakfast, which the hotel would not honor even though I had my printed EXPEDIA confirmation which clearly stated breakfast was included. After the restaurant staff and lobby personnel would not honor my included breakfast, the hotel manager (or owner) had to come down from Olympus and authorize the staff not to charge me for breakfast. Other than the noise, the room was ok. The rooms on higher floors probably do not have the noise problem I suffered. The restaurant is on the top floor (I think 5th) and is very unique (I liked it.) All in all, however, I had such a bad experience with the hotel (noise and breakfast situation) that I can not recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
Ernesto

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Beautiful, but some faults."
Like one of the previous reviewers we had room 2 and had to get up in the night to tell the reception staff to be quiet. The air con unit did not work and the windows opened onto the courtyard which was about 3 feet wide so we felt we had to keep the windows shut for privacy and so the smoke didn't get in. We were also told breakfast wasn't included, but they were fine when they saw the print out. The bar/restaurant on the top floor is lovely. Room wise there was no I-pod docking station, no DVD player, and insufficient towel hooks. I've stayed at the W hotel before, and for the same price I thought it was better, Busue needs to step up with the 'facilities'.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Suzanne
"Colonial ambiance in a modern hotel!"
great location, beautiful decoration!
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
Omar

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Volveré sin dudas"
Me fue muy bien. Hice todo lo que quería hacer y aún más. Mucho me ayudó la excelente ubicación del hotel. Se lo recomiendo a todo mundo.
4 night trip Apr 5, 2016
Faustino
PA
Hôtel sympa bien placé petit déjeuner pas à la hauteur !!
2 night business trip Nov 9, 2015
Not Provided
FR
"hotel agradable en el corazón de polanco"
El hotel esta muy agradable, pero el desayuno muy deficiente, por el precio y lo que cobran podrían poner un pan mas agradable y verificar que la fruta este de buen sabor. La habitación que nos toco se oía el ruido de la bomba de agua todo el tiempo, a las 2 am se pidió que la apagaran.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Muy satisfecho"
El Restaurante también me pareció muy acogedor y privado.
3 night business trip May 27, 2015
MX
"Lastima de hotel su servicio no es bueno"
El servicio no es bueno, dificultad para encontrar taxi y ademas los de recepcion y los bell boys determinan con los choferes de taxi los precios mas elevados de lo normal ya que les piden una parte del monto a pagar
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
Marcela De Jesus
"Excelente Hotel"
Excelente trato y cortesía del personal del hotel, inmejorable ubicación y el Restaurant definitivamente espectacular
6 night romance trip Jan 13, 2015
Nestor Jose
VE
"Céntrico y buenas conexiones"
Confortable, muy buena atención, la comida y cada detalle hacen que sea una experiencia excelente
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
elizabeth
"Precio justo"
La experiencia fue muy placentera, el hotel muy cómodo y cumple con lo que promete. La habitación y el baño muy amplios. El restaurante muy agradable. Mi única sugerencia es que las habitaciones enfrente de la recepción en Planta Baja pueden ser una poco más ruidosas de lo que gustaría si se busca descansar.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
Jimena
MX
"muy acogedor. lo recomiendo mucho"
Tiene unas habitaciones hermosas amplias y cómodas. Cuenta con un restaurante en el ultimo piso sumamente acogedor. Rico y un servicio de primera. Lo fisfrutamos mucho. La zona es ideal para ir a museos. Conciertos y caminar por los alrededores.
1 night family trip Nov 18, 2014
ARIEL F
"Excelente ubicación"
La habitación 1 en planta baja es muy ruidosa y con el drenaje de la regadera tapado. El cambio a la habitación 9 fue mucho mejor, aunque es bastante molesto el cambio. El
"Muy padre."
Hotel comodo, con buena hubicacion, :).
3 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
Daniela
MX
"El perfecto hotel boutique"
Me encanto este hotel! La decoracion esta preciosa, estilo vintage romantico y femenino. La ubicacion esta increible cerca para caminar a las tiendas en masaryk y a comer a polanquito. No puedo decir nada negativo sobre este hotel! Definitivamente regreso!
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
karla
"excelente hotel"
perfecta y comoda
2 night trip May 21, 2014
fernando
"Excelente hotel"
Es un hotel justo para descansar o visita de trabajo rápida en la zona de Polanco Reforma. tiene excelentes instalaciones el internet es muy bueno las habitaciones son cómodas y el personal muy eficiente y amable, es como si estuvieras en tu casa.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Fernando

TripAdvisor reviews for Busue a Boutique Experience Hotel

"Night Club on top floor forbids having any rest..."
04/25/16 J Z
The hotel rooms, the service and the location are outstanding. However, the key flaw is that there is a night club on the top floor with a back door to the hotel stairs. Needless to say, noise filters through to the rooms, most of all when club-goers are fighting or shouting... Beautiful hotel but be warned.
"Favorite place to stay in DF."
03/03/16 wrasse11 San franisco
I should start by saying that I really dislike big chain hotels. I love small boutique hotels with great staff, comfortable accommodations, unique ambiance and charm. And given all of this, how can I not give Busue 5 stars. Thiago and his staff run a top notch personable, warm and cozy operation and are probably the only real boutique hotel in Polanco.
"Nice People, but"
01/29/16 Mummels Los Angeles, California
The web site photos are misleading. It is not a grand hotel, rather dark and dingy. Rooms have no windows that permit exterior light. The lighting in the room is so dim that it is impossible to read. The bed? More like a lumpy futon. There is also a disco on the roof which no mention is made on the website. It is not clear when it is open and no one knows for certain. Staff is very kind and polite, and accommodating to the extent they are able but they are not well informed about restaurants, sights or the city . Essentially there is no concierge service.
"Fantastic location, really nice and helpful staff"
01/26/16 MappingEarth Singapore, Singapore
We stayed at the Busue in December. The location in Polanco is fantastic: A quiet residential street, yet only a short walk to restaurants, shops, supermarket and a nice park (with a local market on Saturdays). The architecture and design of the hotel is interesting - surely not the 'usual' experience. First of all, there's no sign whatsoever - you need to know the location of the hotel. There's a sign for Dixon, but that's the rooftop restaurant, accessible through an external elevator. The hotel itself is in a traditional building. The entrance and lobby is beautiful, with a big staircase and pretty floor tiles. There's an inner courtyard, and it looks like most of the rooms have windows facing the courtyard. Which means there's not much natural light getting into the rooms. We didn't mind so much, we enjoyed the different light options in the room. Our room was on the first floor. It was very, very spacious and in a modern design. As the bathroom had a window that was not facing the courtyard, it had a lot of natural light. The shower had good water pressure, and we really liked the pebbled floor of the shower. Definitely non-slip, and nice to see something different. There are rooms next to the reception on the ground floor and I could imagine that they may be noisy. I haven't seen them though, and our room on the first floor was perfectly fine. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Before our stay, we had a few email exchanges with Jesus - he was remarkably kind and responsive, and personally welcomed us upon our arrival. Breakfast was served in the restaurant Dixon. The breakfast included in the room rate was somewhat limited: Tea or coffee, juice, fruit and toast. Other options could be added at an extra charge.The restaurant manager explained that the hotel and the restaurant have different owners. We had a few of the additional breakfast items, and they were all excellent, particularly the nopales con salsa. We enjoyed the different experience, the great location and feeling welcomed (thank you Jesus) and would be happy to stay here again.
"Too many faults. Not enough care"
01/04/16 mark j London, United Kingdom
Its very rare that I write a review while still staying at the Hotel. But people should know that there are several fatal flaws in the set up here. Lets start with the identity crisis this Hotel has. We booked Hotel Busue, Rough Guide calls it the Casa Vieja. The sign above the door and the napkins say Dixon. Surely this place has recently changed owner. That explains the number of 5 star reviews in 2015 that simply do not add up in our experience in 2016 The rooms are beautifully decorated but not entirely functional. Room 1 is totally uninhabitable due to the fact that a noisy grinding motor/compressor is located outside the window. This continuous 24 hour noise is audible in rooms 1 but also room 2 and throughout the front of the Hotel. Both rooms 1 and 2 are located in reception. We can hear every word the receptionists make. Hear every incoming call. Hear every movement in the lobby. All ground floor rooms open out onto an internal breakfast area so that we can be seen by the diners and they can see us. Without this the rooms would have no natural light. But with the windows they can see us in bed. None of the bathrooms with no windows have extraction fans. A legal requirement in every country. Its not just the smell. Its more the condensation as soon as someone has a shower making the large mirror space opaque. None of the rooms have adequate water pressure for the type of shower heads they have chosen to instal. The lighting levels in both the rooms we have occupied are not sufficient to read a book. Lots of individual lights. But none with a decent wattage light bulb The designer pebble flooring in the shower room is a impossible to hygienically clean. Smooth, non slip flooring in bathrooms is another building regulation in every country. This is certainly non-slip. But will eventually prove impossible to clean between the grouting. The much acclaimed rooftop bar and club have been closed since the beginning of our stay. All in all. Not a great success. The whole place is a triumph of style over substance. Yes it is a very pretty hotel. Very stylishly decorated with excellent wi-fi. And in possibly the best location of Polanco. But it does not fully function as a Boutique Hotel. For that you need an owner/operator and manager who know what they're doing. I have given three stars because my wife is sitting next to me as I write and would not allow my first choice of 2 stars
"Nice boutique hotel!"
12/10/15 CPLosAngeles Los Angeles
Stayed at Busue for three nights- you cannot beat the location ... Close to shopping & restaurants in Polanco. Located on a nice residential street. The room was very large & comfortable. Nice large bathroom. We stayed in room one which is right across from the lobby desk... Noise from the front desk/lobby was an issue at times. Window out to street but the traffic noise was basically non- existent. Biggest complaint would be the music from the rooftop club until 2am or so... I'd think the higher rooms would have more of an issue with that - probably a room 2nd floor would be the best. Overall a great place to stay - the staff were very nice & accommodating.
"Ploanco good choice"
12/04/15 anam01 Mexico City, Mexico
Polanco mexican style boutique hotel. Excellent location walking distance for trendy nice restaurants (Mythos, Prosecco, El Japonez) and many others I haven't tried yet. I booked a double premier room wich is huge, two queen beds, nice bathroom amenities and quiet too. Good option if you like to walk around Polanco district. Nice restaurant on the roof top. I'll be back soon.
"Dissuaded by Busue"
11/21/15 Happy K
Hotel has been renovated and looks nice , but it's lost its charm of how it used to be. Top floor is a bar and every nite there's loud music till 2am making it impossible to rest. Then at the crack of dawn they move furniture back to this area again making it impossible to sleep. We come often to Mexico City but won't be staying here again. The service people have been very kind and understanding.
"Book it today, you won't be disappointed"
11/09/15 jakeperryamex Washington DC, District of Columbia
Just returned from a 4 day trip to Mexico City for the wife's birthday. Busue is a great hotel. From the oment you walk through the door it's just got a great feel to it. We were on the third floor (Room 10). Very large room with king bed and a room to the side with a couch. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. I guess if I could have a complaint it was the water pressure in the shower. Could have been better. They just opened up a new club upstairs. It was a very cool venue with a very nice bar and very nice restaurant. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with this hotel. Plus, it's in the best neighborhood. Polanco is very nice, very safe and restaurants were less than three short blocks away.
"Nice place to stay in Polanco"
11/01/15 Rob L
I'm glad I chanced upon this. I usually stay at the nearby Hyatt, but it was not available. Wonderful little hotel right in Polanco, just a block or two from all the restaurants and bars and right on Lincoln Park. Will likely stay here next time I come to Mexico City.