All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
1 room, 2 adults
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here
62 Madison Avenue, New York, NY, 10016, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126
Best Price GuaranteeBest Price Guarantee on hotel bookings. If you find a better price on exactly the same stay elsewhere we’ll match it
Hotels.com reviewsTripAdvisor reviews
3.9 / 5Good

Score breakdown (from 71 reviews)

Average rating for:

  • Cleanliness
    4.1
  • Service
    4.1
  • Comfort
    3.6
  • Condition
    3.9
  • Neighborhood
    4.2

The following reviews were posted by hotels.com guests from other countries:

3.0 / 5Good
"Bekväma sängar och små rum"
Tycker att hotellet var ok inte mer. Bra och bekväma sängar men alldeles för små och obekväma rum. Noll utsikt, fönster mot en tegelvägg och max en meter mellan säng och skåp. Duger dock gott för den som ej söker något annat en än sängplats i NY.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
4 night trip Jun 12, 2013
zvonko
SE
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"Tolles Hotel in Mitten von NYC"
Hervorragendes Hotel mitten in New York City. Das Personal ist zu jeder Tages- und Nachtzeit verfügbar und sehr hilfsbereit. Das Zimmer sowie das Bad war bedenkenlos sauber und das Bett super bequem. Lediglich den Straßenlärm konnte man sehr deutlich durch die dünnen Fenster hören. Wer einen leichen Schlaf hat kann sich daran schon mal stören. Mir hat es nichts ausgemacht. Frühstück gab es in einer Art Wohnzimmer mit Sofa und ein paar stühlen. Nebenbei lief wie in Amerika üblich der große Fernseher. Zum essen gab es diverses Gebäck und Kaffee. Ein Fitnessraum ist verfügbar und sieht von aussen ganz brauchbar aus. Da ich andere Pläne hatte hab ich ihn jedoch nicht benutzt. Die Lage des Hotels ist perfekt! Drei Geh-Minuten zur nexten Subway bzw. zur Fifth Ave.
Genuine Expedia guest review
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
Reinhard
DE
4.0 / 5Excellent
"Kanonläge och serviceinriktad personal"
Bra läge, möjligt att gå både up- och downtown. Väldigt serviceinriktad personal. Litet men fräscht rum. Frukosten, kaffe och wienerbröd, var inget för mig. Det finns gym men det är väldigt litet.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
6 night trip May 31, 2013
Johan
SE
3.0 / 5Good
"Hyggelig, men trangt og klamt!"
Hotellet ligger i et sentralt område. Mye bråk fra gata og elendig mye lyd fra airconditionanlegget, som var helt nødvendig å ha på hele tiden grunnet varmen. Hotellet er svært lite og smalt, og rommet var veldig lite. Men det var rent og delikat, og det er viktigst! Vi ble skuffet over frokosten. Vi forventet oss kontinental frokost, men dessverre var det bare donuts, croissanter og kaffe mellom 0700 og 0900. Men i nabobygget ligger "Essen" som har alt av frokost, lunsj- og middagsutvalg. Personalet på hotellet var hygglige og seviceinnstilt.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
5 night trip May 28, 2013
A Traveler
NO
4.0 / 5Excellent
"Prima uitvalbasis"
Hotel voldoet prima als uitvalbasis, goede prijs kwaliteitverhouding, goede ligging, prima service. Kan niets over ontbijt zeggen, want daar hebben we geen gebruik van gemaakt.
Genuine Expedia guest review
Other trip May 23, 2013
Martijn
NL
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"Fint lille hotel"
Værelse med bad på 15 m2 var lige hvad vi havde brug for i en storby, hvor tiden bruges ude i byen og ikke inde på hotellet. Servicen har rigtig god, imødekommende personale og rent hotel.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
2 night trip May 14, 2013
Susanne
DK
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"Muy recomendable"
Altamente recomendable, muy servicial. Llegué temprano y como mi cuarto aun no estaba disponible me hicieron un upgrade sin costo alguno, el cuarto era pequeño, pero muy limpio y con decoración muy agradable. El hotel se encuentra bien ubicado y a una cuadra del subway (que te lleva a todas partes). Desayuno y wi-fi incluidos, lo cual es de gran utilidad. Definitivamente regresaría.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2013
Alex
MX
4.0 / 5Excellent
"Ottimo hotel per la posizione."
Ottimo hotel per quanto riguarda la posizione in città. La colazione offerta è giusto sufficiente per non uscire a stomaco vuoto (qualche brioche e caffè o the). La camera Urban per due persone è molto piccola; sarebbe meglio preferire altre tipolgie di camera. Vicino al ristorante Eataly; vivamente consigliato a chi cerca la buona cucina italiana a un prezzo ragionevole.
Genuine Expedia guest review
Other trip May 9, 2013
Emanuele
IT
4.0 / 5Excellent
"Great place to stay"
Great Location, very - I repeat - very friendly staff, extremly helpful. Will go there again
Genuine Expedia guest review
Other trip Apr 21, 2013
Frank
DE
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"Rekommenderas verkligen"
Hotellet var mkt bra. Helt, rent och fräscht. Rummet "Urban Full" är litet. Är man två personer så är det trångt, MEN helt ok. Vi blev dock uppgraderade till ett större rum utan extra kostnad. Frukosten är kaffe/te samt wienerbröd/croissanter. Personalen är mycket trevlig och hjälpsam. Otroligt serviceminded. Nick (front office) är supertrevlig! Läget är kanon.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
7 night trip Apr 8, 2013
Camilla
SE
3.0 / 5Good
"Hotel sympa bien placé"
Hotel bien placé, ligne de métro très proche, quartier calme, chambre propre ménage quotidien salle de bain confortable et de bonne taille contrairement à la chambre petite comme toujours à New York. Attention le petit déjeuner offert avec la chambre est une collation: café et muffins à emporter; c est un 3 étoiles français mais bon rapport qualite prix pour NY
Genuine Expedia guest review
Other trip Feb 26, 2013
A Traveler
FR
3.0 / 5Good
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
6 night business trip Jul 25, 2015
Joe
US
2.0 / 5Fair
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
A Traveler
US
3.0 / 5Good
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2014
Alex Hurst
US
4.0 / 5Excellent
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night business trip May 24, 2013
A Traveler
US
4.0 / 5Excellent
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
3 night business trip Dec 3, 2013
A Traveler
GB
4.0 / 5Excellent
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
2 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2013
simon
GB
5.0 / 5Outstanding
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
A Traveler
CA
4.0 / 5Excellent
"nettes Hotel in guter Lage"
Genuine Expedia guest review
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
A Traveler
DE
4.0 / 5Excellent
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
6 night trip Nov 5, 2013
A Traveler
SE
3.0 / 5Good
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
6 night romance trip Aug 23, 2013
A Traveler
SE

TripAdvisor reviews for The MAve

Overall rating:Based on 841 traveler reviews

Most recent traveler reviews:

Overall Rating
"NEVER AGAIN ! DO NOT STAY HERE"
02/02/16 poseyt2016 Chicago, Illinois
I was sent here through a hotwire purchase and I must say I was extremely disappointed and saddened immediately when I arrived. The hotel looks nothing like the online pics on its website. This was my birthday weekend of turning the big 30. Not to mention I am in my 2nd trimester of pregnancy and wanted nothing but relaxing comfortable hotel stay.The employees look as if they are guests themselves with their attire and demeanor. First impression small tiny lobby that was cramped and not welcoming. Once I made it to my room with my fiancé I was completely shocked at how small the room was. We literally had to step over each other to move around. Not to mention it was extremely cold that we had to keep our coats on for some time before even taking them off even after turning on the sucky window unit heat. No more than 1-2 people could definitely fit in the room we were given. We immediately called hotwire moments from sitting in our room that felt as if we walked Into a corner closet. After calling hotwire the young man came up to adjust the heat and felt the temps. (Just so you guys can gain a better picture of how small the room was when he arrived I had to stand back in the bathroom just so the 3 of us could fit as he and my fiancé maneuvered around one another for him to get to the window). After clearly seeing how surprised and disappointed we were with our room the guy called up some time later to offer something bigger. We appreciated the effort but honestly this was not a huge difference from the other one. We accepted the space assuming we had no other option with hotwire and that they tried to attempt an upgraded room. There was still no closest and the bathroom is definitely for 1 person at a time It was so small in there my fingers hit the toilet seat evertime I reached for tissue because of how close the 2 were to one another, After the room size shock and disappointment. The next morning me and my fiancé went down for breakfast trying to have a better start. Only to find out once we came down there was a table set up in the hall of the lobby with a coffee machine and a boxed bag of bagles/croissants . Nothing else. (bread and coffee). There was no complimentary breakfast at all. The guest were suppose to grab what they wanted and head out or back up to their room. No eating table, space etc as if you were really received breakfast. I couldn't grab anything to eat that morning and ended up calling a nearby breakfast place.. One of the main reasons I picked this hotel was for the inclusion of complimentary breakfast Needless to say I went right back upstairs and called hotwire once again, This time they really listened to the vast differences of the hotels descriptions and what we were actually given and seeing. We did not stay another night, I did not feel like I was at a hotel at all. MY DORM IN COLLEGE WAS BIGGER THAN THIS SPACE. The service was not all great. to add to the non complimentary breakfast, they wanted 10 bucks for internet and did not offer any housekeeping. Not a place for a comfortable stay. We coud not stay there for 3 nights and 4 days. I am so glad we left and walked into our other hotel with a huge sigh of relief. Real employers dressed the part, real breakfast and breakfast area, housekeeping and a nice clean decent size lobby. This hotel is definitely stretching the truth and falsely advertising what it says it has. I was so much happier when I left. Please don't stay here especially couples or people with children, Its location is so not worth it. This was my worst hotel experience ,
Overall Rating
"It's like a YMCA except more res"
01/23/16 superquail San Francisco, California
I switched to the Ace halfway through my stay and just ate the cost of the second night at this hotel. Look, in the MAve's defense, it was because of the blizzard and I decided that if I were going to be snowed in, I'd rather stay somewhere nice, with heating and food. Because I was visiting NYC in the dead of winter, rates were pretty cheap at this hotel - about $100 per night including tax (on the other hand, for $50 more I stayed at the Ace which is pretty great)z Realistically, that's the maximum I would ever pay for this hotel--it would be a $55 room anywhere else on the world. The rooms are small, depressing and cheap, service is largely absent, it takes about 7 minutes for shower water to heat up, heating comes from a window unit (it blows out lukewarm air) and you are charged extra for both wifi and housekeeping which is laughable. However, had it not been blizzarding I would have been absolutely fine with this hotel: the rooms are clean, the bed comfortable, and there is running water. This is because I had planned on spending most of my weekend out of the room. If you're going to do anything other than sleep in your room, pay for something better. I'm never going to stay here again, that's for sure.
Overall Rating
"Shocked by other reviews...as a frequent traveler this place was perfect"
12/29/15 jonjon1415 Timmonsville
I am shocked by the negative reviews for this hotel. My wife and I spent the Christmas Holiday here and was thoroughly impressed and satisfied with the hotels accommodations and the staff. I made a point to get names of the staff and I am leaving one of the few reviews that I leave because i feel that it is deserved. Upon arrival at the hotel Felicia checked us in and gave us a run down of everything from valet and parking to cleaning service and final checkout info. she was one off the most delightful people ive ever dealt with at a hotel (which is a surprise because she was working Christmas eve and was still had a refreshing attitude and pleasantness in her voice. My wife and I had basically brought all of our presents with us from South Carolina to New York city and planned on doing Christmas in our room. While taking our presents (about 25) of them to our room a gentlemen named Ordaine came out to my car and started carrying everything up to our room for us. I felt bad having him help carry it all but he had a very quiet demeanor and was also pleasant while assisting. As we rushed out the door in a hurry he was also quick to wave down a cab for us. A lot of people have complained about the room size. Ours was no issue at all, We had the king size bed and it was plenty large for my wife and i, 2 large pieces of luggage, 3 garment bags, and 25ish presents. For the cost of 130 per night to be 5 min from times Square was perfect and very affordable. Upon arriving back at the hotel we found different people most every evening and morning, Perla, Jameia, and of course the unforgettable Stewie (who will light into a cab driver if they try and mess you over by taking the long route...trust me). One evening my wife and I even pushed back our plans a little just to chat with the staff, so much culture diversity and information about NYC. The hotel staff is what really made this trip memorable. They truly made it feel like a family atmosphere in the middle of the hustle and bustle of NYC life. never had to wait for a cab, they were quick to give suggestions for restaurants and activities, and were extremely accommodating to all of our needs during our stay. When we come back to NYC, there is no doubt where we will stay.
Overall Rating
"Overpriced, like everywhere in NYC..."
12/20/15 Sophie D
This place is very clean, extremely well placed. The room is very cramped but that is ok for just sleeping for the weekend. The shower is wonderful!!! But - there is always a but - the service is very very bad! When you are paying over $150 a night you do not expect reception to tell you that there is no housekeeping and to just turn the heating up, no one can bring you a blanket. And not at all apologetic. Other than that is was ok, once you have accepted that wherever you go in NYC is going to be overpriced. At least this place is clean and modern and within walking distance from most attractions.
Overall Rating
"Paid for a double - got a the "urban" room"
12/13/15 Per K Cleveland, Ohio
Paid for a larger room with a "continental breakfast". Upon check-in I was informed that my room was large enough to fit two people even though it was the smallest room offered. I paid for the queen size room but not effort was made to upgrade me. I was only staying for one night so I did not bother to make a scene. Will never stay there again. The guy in the lobby couldn't be bothered. I asked for the continental breakfast and was informed that they had bagels and coffee somewhere in the lobby. $350, really?
Overall Rating
"Bad experience and bad service!"
12/12/15 Joao C Boston, Massachusetts
Terrible experience with the room and unfriendly staff. Non existing breakfast! Had to argue with the front desk for the price of the Internet to be taken out of the final bill. Asked for extra two pillows for the room that took ages to get into the room during the period of our staying. One of them was actually dirty!
Overall Rating
"Dec Traveler"
12/12/15 dawn_mclendon Banks, Alabama
Prices increase drastically first week of Dec in NYC because of the tree lighting. This was the most reasonably priced nice hotel we found during our Dec trip compared to others going for $500 a night. Staff was wonderful. They explained that it's Italian style maid service so cleaning room daily was an additional cost of $75 dollars per day. We only stayed 3 days so we didn't have to ask for maid service but easily asked for new towels when needed from checkin desk. Small boutique hotel but very classy lobby and rooms! I expected our room to be tiny but it was a corner room and was plenty big for two! Enjoyed our first experience of NYC!
Overall Rating
"customer service week"
12/08/15 Ian B
arrived at hotel , No greeting was quite rude. Gave no info on breakfast arrangements or coffee shop. Room fair small noise at night . B/fast a joke muffins and coffee in jugs . one morning going out at 7.15 just putting out slow so said forget . over all expensive for what it is plenty better places for same price
Overall Rating
"Carl and Marianne"
11/23/15 cpalme Mexico City, Mexico
One of the worst hotels I have ever been in; they offered a "Double" room, and I asked for two beds in advance because I was travelling with my daughter, but only until we got there did they say that "Double" means a Full sized bed and that they didn't have a spare room with two beds. The room was the size of a closet and cleaning was an additional 75 dollars per day, the floor was dirty and there was trash under the bed, tried to cancel but they said that there were no cancelations. Disappointed on trip advisor.
Overall Rating
"Great location "
11/21/15 Ramona Claudia M
Had a wonderful time while in New York at the MAve. Right there between everything you need, subway close by,restaurants, shops. The room was very clean, bed so comfy, hot water, bathroom well filled. Check in and out so easy, staff so professional especially Fernando at front desk. Got a shuttle pick up to and from the airport. So happy that I can't wait to go back in more sunny days. Thank you!
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect Hotels.com’s position. Neither Hotels.com nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews