All hotels in Copenhagen, Denmark
Carsten Nieburhs Gade 11, (next to Kalvebod Brygge 38), Copenhagen, 1560, Denmark, ‏‎800-491-6126

It was the first we stayed at Wakeup Copenhagen. It was a really nice hotel! Se lived in a standard room for one night. Nice design in the room, comfortable bed and we heared almost one noise from any other guest. It was as well close to Köbenhavn Hovebane, restaurants and shopping
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
Even with the upgrade, this is the smallest hotel room I've ever been in. Same is true for the shower cabin, wouldn't work for an overweight person. When a friend visited, reception repeatedly said I wasn't registered there. Asked for an extra pillow, was told no. That said, it was clean, cheap and convenient.
5 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"It's a bed"
If you are looking for just a bed, it is OK. The quality of the location depends - if you are looking for something close to downtown, it works, but if you are looking for peace and quiet to sleep, forget it. It is right next to the main train station and even with the windows closed, you can easily hear the screeching of the trains at 2:00am.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
"Efficient budget hotel"
Efficient reception. They answered my questions in a timely and comprehensive manner.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Hiro
"modern & clean"
The hotel is new and the staff was friendly. It was best deal we could find in close proximity to the centre of town but it was still a little far away. It's a very short distance to the train station so if you're travelling in or out of the train station I highly recommend. The air conditioner worked great too!
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
We were only staying for a single day to recover after a long-haul flight before moving on. We arrived very tired and the hotel staff kindly allowed us to check in early. The location is ok, it worked for us because it was easily accessible to the main train station, but there are not many things to do in the immediate area. We enjoyed the lovely view from the rooms, we had a "sky" room, and were on the 4th floor. The room is very small, but had all we needed for a single evening stay.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Center located"
Fair good
4 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Emilio
"Bare Bones, Sterile Hotel"
Wakeup Copenhagen was fine. The staff were the best part and they tried to upsell me at every transaction. The breakfast isn't free and has less options than the free breakfasts I had at other hotels on the same trip. They even charge for lockers if you need to leave your luggage there for a few hours. It is not horrible, though, and feels like a stylish dorm. It is also remarkably quiet at night which was a pleasant surprise after seeing just how close it is to the train tracks. The fact that the bathroom and shower are in the bedroom and use frosted glass as a wall was obvious from the hotel pictures, but what wasn't obvious was that turning on the bathroom light at night meant waking up the person still sleeping in the bed. They do rent bicycles which was quite convenient and made for an enjoyable day as Copenhagen is the perfect city for bicycling.
2 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Tammy
"Great for a city trip."
We stayed here for two nights while visiting Copenhagen. While not in the heart of the city, the location is about a 5-10 minute walk from the central train station and about a 20 minute walk to the downtown area. The room was about standard size for Europe and very modern. The bed was very comfortable which was great after a long day of walking around the city.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Sean
"Beautiful and Comfortable!"
We loved everything in this hotel: the ambience, the comfort, the cleanliness, the service, the food, the free wi-fi, the spaciousness.I wish we stayed longer than one day!
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Aida
"Nice Place"
The room is a bit tiny but it's clean and close to the central station.
2 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Adam
"Trip"
As expected this is a good location everything is with in walking distance hotel staffs are great. We arrive few hour early and our room is ready we don't have to wait.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Excellent value"
Great location and value. Small room and weird layout with the shower separated from the room only by frosted glass, but functional. We didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel, so the lack of amenities was fine.
3 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"A clean room to sleep in"
This served as a decent last minute booking...the most wallet friendly hotel but it is reflected in the service and (lack of) amenities. Fine for a place to rest your head if you bring ear plugs (walls are rather thin so I could hear the person next door as if he/she were in the same room). Convenient if arriving by train.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Brie
"A good value for the overnight traveler"
My experience at the hotel was what I needed. A brief, cheap (for Copenhagen) overnight experience at a pleasant place convenient to the airport and the central station. There were no frills (but you can get a beer in the lobby) at all and the room is small. But it was clean, the staff was accommodating, and the bed was better than expected. (European mattresses and pillows can leave much to be desired) I received what I paid for.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Vic
"Very good hotel"
Rooms a bit small but very neat, modern and cozy
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2014
Luis
Got access cards for the room at check in. These were not initialized, hence had to return to the reception to get access cards intitialized before we could get into the room. On the last day the credit card reader did not function in the dining area on level 2. Had to go down to the reception to purchase breakfast tickets. Could have arranged for tickets to be bought in the dining area in this instance.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"a dorm for the working people"
It is a very big hotel, with a large number of guests milling about, you should feel safe. Staff were all very friendly and welcoming. Good location to Central station, though if you are dragging heavy luggage, it might be a touch too far. Surrounded by endless roads and construction, don't plan on doing midnight walks. Breakfast could use a bit more variety, but generally acceptable. I normally don't comment about elevators, but here… they were fast and there were many. This is one of those space efficient hotels so don't expect much room to stride about. Bed was comfy and I got good sleep. Bathroom was squeaky clean, not much of toiletries but you should expect that, make sure you bring your own. There is a modern shopping mall nearby if you forget something. I stayed during a rainstorm. I was on the (lower) top floor and there was a slow drip of water from the ceiling onto the corner of the bed. I notified multiple staff members on three occasions and all stated they would look into it, but I never heard back from anybody. And nobody once asked me for more info. Sometimes it takes unusual circumstances to show how much a hotel property values and takes care of its guests, and in this case they disappointed and I wished they showed more ambition.
norm
"Minimalist hotel not worth the price"
The rooms have no telephones. The hotel only provides two thin pillows and will not provide extras. Bathrooms are similar to those on an airplane—no place to put lots of toiletries down. Not even a wastebasket in the minimalist decor—just a plastic bag hanging off the wall in the main area—none in the bathroom at all. No washcloths! The curtain does not screen out daylight.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Modern and fun. Who thought glass walls on a bathroom are a good idea? Great Breakfast. Great Views of Copenhagen, bike rental on site. a little construction going on, so should get better.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Nice center of town near train station good value"
Security good, do not change bedding or towels each daybreak fast excellent European style Bikes available but pricey Staff competent and use to multiple nationities
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Jon
"Location"
Well located near the airport Tricky to open room door Parking not taking crédit card without pin Only other solution Pay in dkk Change at the hotel very expensive
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Jean
"Well-designed hotel close to Central Train Station"
Wakeup Copenhagen is just a five minute walk from the train station and Tivoli. The rooms and lobby are efficiently designed and comfortable in a minimal, Danish way. The restaurant serves a well-stocked breakfast buffet for about $12, with boiled eggs, sliced cold cuts, cereal, yoghurt and hearty, freshly-baked bread. The one downside to this hotel is that it is located in a rather dreary area of office buildings, where there are no bars, cafes, or shops. This means you have to rely on the coffee, beer and sandwiches for sale in the lobby when you need something. The view is not scenic, but it is quiet and, most importantly, just a short walk to the center of the city. I stayed here for 7 nights and would definitely stay again.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Shawn
"Very convenient place to stay."
Hotel is located just off the city center, but within 5-10 min walk of it. This includes a Central Station (railroad), from where you can get anywhere in Denmark or Europe. Hop on/Hop off bus stop is 2 min away. Rooms are very clean, and front desk staff is excellent. For instance, they advised me that their euro/USD to local currency exchange rate is significantly inferior to the one at the aforementioned Central Station. Taxi ride to the airport is about 20 min and $40. Lack of a spectacular window view is the only deficiency, which is well compensated by all other aspects. Highly recommend to anyone who is willing to walk 5-10 min for a good bargain.
Other trip May 31, 2014
Family
"A pleasant surprise for us who are selective"
Tiny, but clean and efficient. Only one bed in all rooms, queen sized, and filling the well decorated, minimalist style, contemporary space. Good location, too, near bus stop and not too long to walk to sites. Bag storage between check out and our pick up was extra, and had no time limit. Late checkout cost the same, each hour. Do not unlock the storage locker, or will have to pay again, as at ski areas. We were three decades older then most guests, but it was good. Close to safe walk on the river, and sites to see. No food service of note at the hotel. I would definitely go there again, walking shoes on!
Other trip May 29, 2014
julia
"Great Place for Money - Excellent Staff/Location"
I booked this hotel because it was a reasonably priced compared to the other local hotels. Our room was compact compared to normal "American hotel rooms" but my wife and I travel frequently to Europe and have become accustomed to this standard. This being said, I rate the hotel between 2-3 Stars. Room: Comfortable bed, cool technology for accessing room and turning on electrical units/lights with card key. Television is nice but didn't rotate away from the wall and wall mounted over a desk and not the bed ( a little unorthodox). Shower was really cool and plenty of hot water. Staff: Extremely helpful and courteous - allowed us to check in earlier, assisted with maps and sightseeing tips, etc.. Most importantly: HONESTY (My wife and I were a little rushed to make our plane and left a purse in the bedroom. We noticed it at the airport and contacted the hotel. The front desk (Jacob) assistant told us that housekeeping found the purse and then called a taxi to deliver the purse to us at the airport. We received the purse with everything in tact. ***In this day and age when it is very easy to give up hope on people - a bright light has reassured us that people are honest and do care. Thank you Wakeup Copenhagen for saving the day of what could have been a horrible end to a fantastic vacation. I completely and confidently endorse this hotel - you may find others cheaper but not the value!
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Great stay and handy to train station and town"
Was lovely stylish decor and great striking design in rooms and hotel lobby. Great facilities such as computers available downstairs and a lounge area with great designer chairs and layout. Friendly, helpful staff and hotel was in a great location handy to everything including an easy 10 minute walk to train station. Even has bikes for hire which are super. Would definitely recommend and rate it as a 4 star designer trendy lovely place.
3 night trip May 9, 2014
Travelling kiwis
"Love it!!!"
I enjoyed my stay at wakeup copenhagen. It was in a great location, walking distance from the Central station and other attractions.
Other trip May 14, 2014
AdellB
"Great !!! No complaints !!!"
I'm a hotel director in Cancun and I know hotels , everything was great . Staff were very polite and quick, making eye contact as I approached the desk from 15 feet is exceptional . Prices of snacks at desk are extremely reasonable . Room wasn't ready at 10am so I was offered the option to upgrade to a suite that was ready and I'm glad we did , the windows are fantastic . On Saturday night we enjoyed nearby fireworks perfectly . Sure you have to walk a few blocks to be in the center of activity but my budget did not allow me to pay the $400 that my friends did so what can you do ??? GREAT PLACE
Other trip May 11, 2014
michelle
The hotel is close to the Central station, it is long walk but you can take a bus (bus 11 or 11A). The room was small very IKEA looking but the bed was comfortable. My only complaint was the toiletries were very small and not sufficient to take a bath.
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Exellent hotel"
I am from Denmark and is a wonderful hotel for families with children as they have family rooms and a very nice breakfast buffet. We have stayed there 3 different times over the past 4 years and have been great every time close to airport, city and sightseeing.
1 night trip Apr 10, 2014
Anita Rittenhouse
Not a great hotel. More expensive than it should have been and you pay for everything extra, including storing your luggage at the front desk when they can't accommodate you with a room right away. Not too far from a good neighborhood but it's tucked down a side street that looks like you're in the middle of nowhere. Super small rooms. Not a terrible hotel but I think there are better hotels for this price.
1 night business trip Mar 29, 2014
"it was nice enough"
the hotel and the staff was excellent except lacking, what has become, a couple basic ammenities. There was no coffee/tes maker in the room nor was there a safe. But the location was good, the staff were charming, the room was warm and comfortable and clean, the 24hr snack bar was convient;. but, sure would have been nice to have a free coffee in the morning before putting on me clothing to buy a cup at the front desk. A minor point but ... important to many of us.
2 night trip Jan 24, 2014
It is a no frills hotel but set in a great location. It is walking distance from the center of town, Nyhaven, and Christiania. However, they do not accommodate you if you want to make a reservation for dinner. There are no phones in the rooms so you can't even call for a reservation if you wanted to. That's just their policy (they weren't being jerks). I really like it but if you are looking for luxury this is not the place to go.
3 night trip Dec 24, 2013
Beth
"A cheap hotel - and you get what you pay for"
I tried the Wakeup Copenhagen due to the price, but in the future I think I would just pay more for a different hotel. It has very small hotel rooms (even for Europe) and tiny, very flat pillows. These pillows were about the same as the pillows the airline gives you on international flights. I had to use extra bedding as a pillow just to have something that resembled a pillow. The walls are also very thin and you can hear everything that goes on in the surrounding rooms. I had to good fortune to be in the room next to a guy with a cough that made it very difficult to sleep. I would highly suggest staying somewhere else.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
"Clean, small, and no frills"
My wife and I stayed at Wakeup Copenhagen for 3 nights in November. The hotel staff was very nice and the overall hotel cleanliness was very good. The rooms are quite small (especially if you aren't used to European hotel rooms), but we found it to be fine. I have also stayed in the CABINN hotel chain in Denmark and I found this room to be spacious compared to their smaller rooms. The bathroom consists of a cloudy glass wall. We found it to be ok, but there isn't much privacy if you want any type of privacy in the bathroom. My wife also commented that they go a bit overboard on the no-frills approach. A few examples would be: no phone in the room, 1 quite small pillow per person, no coffee maker in the room, toothpaste if you forget it will cost you 20 DKK. The hotel is pretty decently located. About a 10 min walk to the train station/Tivoli. It is a bit of a hike to Strøget and the tourist areas, but we successfully walked it multiple times. You can also easily take a bus from near the hotel. Overall we would stay here again I think. I think it might be a bit overpriced for what you are getting, but it is an expensive city and this hotel is one of the more budget friendly options.
3 night romance trip Nov 7, 2013
Brian P
"Expect add-ons"
The room is clean and location is good for the price. But if you are accustomed to the comforts of 3-4 star hotels, you won't find them here. First complaint: I arrived 2.5 hours before the check-in time and was told that no rooms were available for early check-in in my "price category" but I could paid an extra 100 Kroner to "upgrade" to a room where I could check in earlier (same size room, higher floor). Second complaint: There is no option to leave luggage by the front desk for the day. There are pay-lockers in the basement, but these were full on the Sunday that I wanted to use them. Other than that, everything was acceptable for a one-night, one-person stay. (I agree with other reviewers that sharing a room would be uncomfortable given that the bathroom is basically part of the main room.)
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
Mariana
"Nice hotel just off the main part of the city."
It was a good hotel I just stayed 1 night and it was not far from the center of actives. My only complaint was I could hear everything going on next door.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
wayne
This is an excellent choice if you're not planning to spend too much time at the hotel. The room was on the small side but it is smartly designed and very clean. It has all the basic amenities, and the wifi reception was good. The staff were super friendly and I liked the modern feeling of the hotel. The location is ok - it's a 10 min walk from the central station (which takes you directly to the airport), but it's kind of a strange business district and there isn't much to see in around the hotel. But then again, a short walk / bike ride will take you to nice restaurants and all the sights. Overall, excellent value for money. I will definitely come again when in Copenhagen.
3 night business trip Oct 6, 2013
Ingrid
"Copenhagen Central Station"
Utilitarian room that was convenient and resonably priced for the neighborhood.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2013
Dana
"Definitely Economy"
The room I stayed in was the smallest hotel room I've ever seen. With everything ergonomically placed. You don't have to take more than 2 steps to reach anywhere. There's just a bed, TV, see through bathroom (probably to make the room not seem so claustrophobic) with shower stall and a shelf that is meant to be a desk. No telephone and no frills. It's a decent enough place but I thought with a little effort it could be a bit more welcoming. The other hotel I stayed at let me borrow an electrical adapter while I stayed with the understanding that I'd be billed for it if not returned when I left. Wakeup would sell you an adapter, a disappointment for me since I had made it my whole stay in Copenhagen and now stranded for another night at an inferior hotel I'd have to buy an adapter for my last night. It's a little thing but it's those little things that add up and also make you feel welcome. Especially when your hotel room looks so bare.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
"No nonsense, simple, clean"
My stay at W.U.C. was a good one. Located close to Central Station, not far from Tivoli, it has everything a budget traveler needs. Front desk staff was particularly friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2013
"Wake-up Copenhagen"
Room is okay for one person, but tight for two with the bee against the wall. It is a 15 minute walk to anything.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
Ken
"Hotel stay"
Very small but clean and comfortable room for a 1 night stay. Walking distance to shops but very few restaurants. No restaurant in hotel, you have to go next door to the Tivoli hotel for lunch or dinner. Train station is next door but you can't hear the train from your room. We just stayed the night before we boarded the cruise ship.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
Imelds
Did not have phone in room and therefore no wake up calls. Room very clean.
1 night romance trip Aug 19, 2013
"Affordable, efficient option"
Conveniently located near the train station. Everything was simple and functional. Liked the basement lockers, rental bikes, and snack bar at the front desk.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
Jenna
"Convenience and clean"
The room is small but clean. Convenient for Copenhagen central train station. A bit noisy as you can hear your next door neighbor's television very clearly through the wall.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
Miss Arthur
"Decent for price"
Room was very affordable, especially when compared to other Copenhagen hotels. Room was very small but functional, and the hotel had air conditioning, which was key since the temperature was in the mid 80's when I was there. Staff was friendly and helpful, but they refused to let me in a room before 3pm check in time even though I do not think the hotel was sold out. Internet was OK but not fast, and the bathroom amenities were very cheap. Location a little far from most attractions but nearby Christianshavn and the river.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2013
"Lower Price but a Hotel with some discomforts"
We picked Wakeup Copenhagen mainly because of the price and other reviews which were postive. The room was exceedingly small. No room, shelves, etc to put suitcases. No telephone in room. We had to walk a ways to get to anything of convenience, such as a restaurant. The breakfast buffet offered at the hotel was meager. The staff was good and the hotel was clean.
3 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
"Clean, very small room."
The room was very small, more like an independent hostel room. We could barely move once the luggage was in the room. No amenities. Breakfast was excellent and fairly priced at about 15.00 per person. The hotel was far away from the center of town, at least a 20 minute walk. 10 minute walk from the train station. They did have bikes to rent for the day which did help the transportation issue. The price was fair for Coppenhagen.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2013