All hotels in Copenhagen, Denmark

Awesome vibe
    Quite clean
    Good internet service
    Food is not good
Perfect for the price paid. Rooms small if two people but doable. Is a good 10 min walk from center .
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"The missing room"
The hotel looks modern with nice furniture. The location was not bad but it's not really in the center of the city. Its better to stay in the other Wake up hotel in the center. When we arrived we were asked if we want to stay on the 12th floor for a nice view. So far okay; but when we had to go to our room we couldn't find the room anywhere. There was no sign or number on the doors and we had to go twice downstairs to ask the lady if she can tell us where the room is. The lady seemed disintrested to explain where the room might be. And the second time she came upstairs to show just before I met a housekeeper on the floor and she showed me the room. It was behind a black closed door with no sign of a hotel room but a sign of an emergancy exit on top. Impossible to know that there are more rooms behind the door if there is no sign of more hotel room numbers anywhere on the door or wall. For the price the room was not bad but I prefer to stay in the center of the city and to pay more for more comfort. Especially to have more pillows, because you can have only 1 pillow.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
esterita
Too nice and comfortable for a budget hotel! I like the room's minimalist style and the all white surrounding. We will definitely go back!!!
"the best value for money in Copenhagen"
every time I have stayed there I have been extremely satisfied. as I have bee lucy each time to get a very low room rate, I can only confirm the is the lowest priced hotel in Copenhagen,even if you include hostels. Simply the best value for money, end then in a new comfortable clean hotel
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
Arne Essa
My experience at Wake Up Copenhagen was great! I would recommend it.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
jamesh
"Except for isolated location, a nice budget hotel."
I was pretty happy with the hotel. The hotel is clean and the room nicely fitted. I could hear some noises from neighboring rooms. I liked having 6 computers for free in the lobby.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
fauxmaven
Staff were rude and unhelpful. This hotel is truly no frills. If you end up getting a room by the train tracks, you'll need ear plugs to sleep!
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Check-in was not until 3 pm, and until about 2 pm, the receptionists tried to sell upgrades to every single person who tried to check in, saying that the standard rooms were not ready, but the "heavenly" rooms on the higher floors were available for a small upgrade fee. As different rates were offered to each guest for these rooms, it is hard to believe that there was not a standard room available until that late in the day. It was disappointing to see staff blatantly trying to exploit their guests with such a scheme.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Close to central station, 15min by walking. Not much amenities provided, thank god I brought my own shampoo and conditioner....will not stay in this hotel unless necessary ...
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"Bus 11A"
The hotel was quite nice... a decent walk (although maybe a little bit much if you aren't used to hauling your luggage) from central station. Small rooms, but comfortable. This is European style (well duh), not American. Everything you need, but that's it. Note the frosted glass showers... not a problem in my mind if you are staying in a room that small, but if you are staying with somebody that you might not want to see the outline of in the shower, think otherwise. The Copenhagen bus service is great. Except bus 11A (a smaller, electric bus) runs to the WakeUp and Tivoli hotel. At the time of this review, you have to walk around the corner to catch the bus, the stop immediately in front of the hotel isn't open yet, but seems to be coming soon. Note that 11A, no matter what the signs say, is not the most timely bus. Most of their routes seem to be pretty prompt, but this one... not so much. Sometimes there, sometimes you wait, and wait.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Bruce
"awesome"
It was pretty good!
1 night romance trip Sep 8, 2014
"Close to public transportation options"
Our room was small but very comfortable. It was designed to get the most use out of a small space. The large windows helped give a sense of more space. The only thing we didn't like were the toiletries -- the hard soap did not lather well, nor did the combination body wash/shampoo (?). The breakfast was great!
11 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Kris Quinn
Nice modern hotel. Small but you have everything you need.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Convenient location and reasonable price. Bike rental at hotel was convenient but seemed expensive and no close alternatives were available. Room is adequate and well designed despite being small. Not clean and the daily housekeeping doesn't change that.
4 night trip Sep 4, 2014
"Convenient Location but nothing more"
The location with walking distance from the train station and to the city center is optimal. The rooms are very compact and utilitarian. We did not expect any extra service or offers for a 2 star hotel, but we were turned off by the unfriendliness of the staff at the front desk. A request that had been confirmed by email from the hotel prior to our arrival, was not followed through, but the front desk staff did not acknowledge or care about the mistake.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Budget experience at non budget prices"
First room had bad sewer smell. The woman at the desk wouldn't let us change rooms until she had someone from house keeping "confirm" the smell. Rooms are obviously tiny, but I expected that. Didn't expect uncomfortable beds and a strict limit on pillows. One per customers. They wouldn't give me an extra because they are a "budget hotel". The price was about triple the price of a lowly Motel 6 in the U.S. Staff was rude and not interested in providing a nice experience.
4 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
"conveniently located"
minimalist design, but overall comfortable
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"Overall great stay"
Great location with easy parking garage attached to the hotel. Short walk to train and close by activities. Rooms are small, but efficient and clean. Did not buy the breakfast, so cannot comment on that.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
Neil
A deal for Copenhagen. Loved that there is 24 hour desk as our flight in arrived past midnight. We checked in with no problems. The rooms, though small, had most necessities. This was the only hotel we stayed at in Europe that didn't have a security box. Would have been very helpful to put in our passports and other travel docs. The bed was fine, but better pillows could have been provided. It was tiny! Shower was not the cleanest, but everything else was ok. Overall, satisfied. I liked that they had bikes for rental but I wished they had mentioned the various sizes and availabilities at first. Location could have also been better for what I was specifically looking for (easy walkable access to tourist spots), since we liked walking everywhere There is not much going on around WakeUp. However, this is not to say that the location isn't central. It is an 11 minute walk to the train station and Tivoli Gardens and across the river from Christiania. We also were able to take a 10 minute bike ride to the meatpacking district. Additionally, Hotel Tivoli next door had a bus stop that served stops at all the touristy areas. The area around WakeUp just felt industrial and isolated.
3 night romance trip Aug 14, 2014
Angelica
"basic"
very basic hotel, little far from the central station
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Perfect!"
The hotel was centrally located, right in the middle of all scenic sights and locations. The hotel was extremely quiet and extremely clean! The rooms may be small but they are very functional and user friendly. The staff was very helpful and friendly. If I make it back to Copenhagen, which I hope to do, I will stay here again for sure,
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Mare
Excellent hotel and concept, very modern. Rooms are small although very good for a single. My only complaint is that It is two very long blocks away from the train station and from restaurants. Got to think twice before heading for dinner.
6 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
"No frills modern style hotel with great breakfast"
Enjoyed the rental bikes and reasonably priced snacks and sandwiches. staff was very helpful
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Great comfort at a very reasonable price"
The room is small but very comfortable and clean. Has a/c. Reception personnel very helpful. Walking distance to Tivoli, center of city and railroad station. I would stay here Again.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Karin B.
"Great hotel - great value for money"
Great, beds were good, clean room, cool design. Rooms are a bit small, but as long as you're not planning on staying inside the hotel during your stay it's fine
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
trond
"Not Worth the Money"
The hotel was smaller than a cruise ship room. They did not clean room daily. The TV was old, the tv remote did not work. Would not recommend to anyone.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
us traveler
Hotel was decent. It was about a 15 minute walk from the city center. The room was very, very small, with a shower about the size of a coat closet. It was adequate for our stay. The hotel was a bit pricey for the size, and no breakfast.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Wake up Copenhagen"
Modern, small rooms were perfect for our one night stay. Not too far from the train which we jumped on to get into the heart of the city. Our only complaint was the lack of air conditioning, they have air "cooling" which doesn't get the room quite as cold as we like to sleep.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Kristen
the room is so small and no drinking water, no coffee or tea at leastwater service
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
lorenzo miranda
"Budget hotel, but clean"
The hotel is kind of distant from any of the sites, but for those intent on saving some money, the longer walk probably isn't prohibitive. It is certainly a budget hotel - tiny rooms and short on amenities.... but it's clean, comfortable, new and safe.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
"Great Hotel for exceptional price"
I stayed for 2 nights. I wanted to be close enough for everything and didn't want to pay too much. Room is small but is ok for 1 person. Bathroom is tiny but other than that everything worked out. Internet is free and freaking fast!! I was going to spend my time in the awesome city of Kobenhavn anyway, not inside the room!!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Asha
"Hip and clean, but location/comfort could be bette"
Very well maintained hotel with great reception area and nice views. Rented bikes which was convenient. However, did not have some of the amenities I am used to, such as closet space (though I booked the smallest available room) and free breakfast. Also, while it is close to Central Station, it is located in a side street that requires at least a kilometer's walk to any destination.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
P
It was the first we stayed at Wakeup Copenhagen. It was a really nice hotel! Se lived in a standard room for one night. Nice design in the room, comfortable bed and we heared almost one noise from any other guest. It was as well close to Köbenhavn Hovebane, restaurants and shopping
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
Even with the upgrade, this is the smallest hotel room I've ever been in. Same is true for the shower cabin, wouldn't work for an overweight person. When a friend visited, reception repeatedly said I wasn't registered there. Asked for an extra pillow, was told no. That said, it was clean, cheap and convenient.
5 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"It's a bed"
If you are looking for just a bed, it is OK. The quality of the location depends - if you are looking for something close to downtown, it works, but if you are looking for peace and quiet to sleep, forget it. It is right next to the main train station and even with the windows closed, you can easily hear the screeching of the trains at 2:00am.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
"Efficient budget hotel"
Efficient reception. They answered my questions in a timely and comprehensive manner.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Hiro
"modern & clean"
The hotel is new and the staff was friendly. It was best deal we could find in close proximity to the centre of town but it was still a little far away. It's a very short distance to the train station so if you're travelling in or out of the train station I highly recommend. The air conditioner worked great too!
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
We were only staying for a single day to recover after a long-haul flight before moving on. We arrived very tired and the hotel staff kindly allowed us to check in early. The location is ok, it worked for us because it was easily accessible to the main train station, but there are not many things to do in the immediate area. We enjoyed the lovely view from the rooms, we had a "sky" room, and were on the 4th floor. The room is very small, but had all we needed for a single evening stay.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Center located"
Fair good
4 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Emilio
"Bare Bones, Sterile Hotel"
Wakeup Copenhagen was fine. The staff were the best part and they tried to upsell me at every transaction. The breakfast isn't free and has less options than the free breakfasts I had at other hotels on the same trip. They even charge for lockers if you need to leave your luggage there for a few hours. It is not horrible, though, and feels like a stylish dorm. It is also remarkably quiet at night which was a pleasant surprise after seeing just how close it is to the train tracks. The fact that the bathroom and shower are in the bedroom and use frosted glass as a wall was obvious from the hotel pictures, but what wasn't obvious was that turning on the bathroom light at night meant waking up the person still sleeping in the bed. They do rent bicycles which was quite convenient and made for an enjoyable day as Copenhagen is the perfect city for bicycling.
2 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Tammy
"Great for a city trip."
We stayed here for two nights while visiting Copenhagen. While not in the heart of the city, the location is about a 5-10 minute walk from the central train station and about a 20 minute walk to the downtown area. The room was about standard size for Europe and very modern. The bed was very comfortable which was great after a long day of walking around the city.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Sean
"Beautiful and Comfortable!"
We loved everything in this hotel: the ambience, the comfort, the cleanliness, the service, the food, the free wi-fi, the spaciousness.I wish we stayed longer than one day!
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Aida
"Nice Place"
The room is a bit tiny but it's clean and close to the central station.
2 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Adam
"Trip"
As expected this is a good location everything is with in walking distance hotel staffs are great. We arrive few hour early and our room is ready we don't have to wait.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Excellent value"
Great location and value. Small room and weird layout with the shower separated from the room only by frosted glass, but functional. We didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel, so the lack of amenities was fine.
3 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"A clean room to sleep in"
This served as a decent last minute booking...the most wallet friendly hotel but it is reflected in the service and (lack of) amenities. Fine for a place to rest your head if you bring ear plugs (walls are rather thin so I could hear the person next door as if he/she were in the same room). Convenient if arriving by train.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Brie
"A good value for the overnight traveler"
My experience at the hotel was what I needed. A brief, cheap (for Copenhagen) overnight experience at a pleasant place convenient to the airport and the central station. There were no frills (but you can get a beer in the lobby) at all and the room is small. But it was clean, the staff was accommodating, and the bed was better than expected. (European mattresses and pillows can leave much to be desired) I received what I paid for.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Vic
"Very good hotel"
Rooms a bit small but very neat, modern and cozy
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2014
Luis
Got access cards for the room at check in. These were not initialized, hence had to return to the reception to get access cards intitialized before we could get into the room. On the last day the credit card reader did not function in the dining area on level 2. Had to go down to the reception to purchase breakfast tickets. Could have arranged for tickets to be bought in the dining area in this instance.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"a dorm for the working people"
It is a very big hotel, with a large number of guests milling about, you should feel safe. Staff were all very friendly and welcoming. Good location to Central station, though if you are dragging heavy luggage, it might be a touch too far. Surrounded by endless roads and construction, don't plan on doing midnight walks. Breakfast could use a bit more variety, but generally acceptable. I normally don't comment about elevators, but here… they were fast and there were many. This is one of those space efficient hotels so don't expect much room to stride about. Bed was comfy and I got good sleep. Bathroom was squeaky clean, not much of toiletries but you should expect that, make sure you bring your own. There is a modern shopping mall nearby if you forget something. I stayed during a rainstorm. I was on the (lower) top floor and there was a slow drip of water from the ceiling onto the corner of the bed. I notified multiple staff members on three occasions and all stated they would look into it, but I never heard back from anybody. And nobody once asked me for more info. Sometimes it takes unusual circumstances to show how much a hotel property values and takes care of its guests, and in this case they disappointed and I wished they showed more ambition.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014