All hotels in Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
650 South High Street, Columbus, OH, 43215, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Comfort Inn and Suites, Downtown Columbus"
The staff was polite and friendly. There was a bit of remodeling going on, but it didn't disturb us. Overall the place was quite clean and comfortable, and free parking is always a bonus, especially in Columbus!
2 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
"Way more baing for your buck !"
I travel a lot this place had the best clerk. Britney was real good with my child and her disability she made are wait on nationwide children's hosp.a lot more relaxing. The breakfast and all night snacks and coffee made it better than over priced 5 star hotles that would charge for a breakfast like this. Healthy snack for my child free. Iloved the beds and Panera Bread right next door you can't beat that.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
e.g . linda
A pretty decent place, normal wear and tear on the carpets and walls. The staff was excellent ! Great location !
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
My husband and I stayed overnight while attending a concert at the nearby Arena. Hotel is very convenient for that. The hotel staff was very helpful and helped us get a cab to the concert. The room had two queen beds and was very clean, and the price was very reasonable. I would stay there again. The area around hotel has eating places; there is a Panera beside the hotel. I felt like the area was safe, also.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Met expectations for value"
Stayed one night for business downtown. Hotel was economically priced and met my expectations for dollar:quality. Parking was definitely not balanced to guest capacity and finding a spot was not easy after an evening out.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Jeremy
"Good stay"
Arrived early but still got to check in. First room wasn't ready so I was moved to another. Clerk called the room to make sure everything was ok. Altogether a good stay.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
Keith
Hotel has a nice location and affordable price. Some parts were being renovated at the time of my stay but didn't have any effect on the experience.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Friendly staff"
Staff was friendly ok for one night
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
Catherine
"Stains, smells like urine, broken handles, ductape"
First room we were put in was stained smelled like urine, stuff still in fridge, no carpet in hallways ductape everywhere very unappealing hotel.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Erix
"Reasonable room rates and a really nice stay"
The breakfast was a little, meh but it was FREE so I really can't complain. The neighborhood seemed sketchy driving in but quickly turned better and was actually rather quaint. We really loved being in the German area of town and found a GREAT restaurant, Schmidt's that I highly recommend. Make sure you get the green beans and spaetzle and the fresh pretzels. The room was awesome and spacious with a fridge and a microwave. For the price it was incredible and I would definitely go back.
Response by Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Columbus
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! Hope you have wonderful holidays and Very Happy New Year. Sincerely,
2 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
"Reasonable price, close to convention center"
We stayed at this hotel because is is close to the convention center. Because we were attending meetings, we spent little time in the room. The room was clean and comfortable. Strangely, empty space along the wall made it look as if some furniture, possibly dressers, had been removed and not replaced. The staff we encountered, particularly at check in, were great.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Pleasant surprise"
Hotel is in the process of remodeling so it looked old but the price was right. The staff was extremely friendly and we felt very safe. Overall it was a pleasant stay. The breakfast was amazing. Walking distance to German Village. Will stay there again
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
mary ann
Staff was outstanding, very helpful and friendly. Rooms and hallways could use some updating, new carpets.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Buckeye Game"
Being remodeled so understand. Breakfast average but a lot of selection. Great location and free parking. The staff was VERY friendly and pleasant. They were a true asset to our stay.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Everything about this hotel was FANTASTIC except 2 things...#1 the lighting in the room was TERRIBLE and #2 the "fitness center" may as well have been non-existent. There was a treadmill, an elliptical, some dumbbells, and a bike. The treadmill was broken. There were not 2 matching dumbbells. It was really hard to get a workout in during my stay because of the lack of equipment. Other than that, the trip was great. The bed and linens were very comfortable. The staff was very nice. I will definitely be back!
2 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
Whitney
"Not bad, would stay there again."
Overall good experience. Great staff and good facilities. A little noisy between rooms.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and bed extremely comfortable. Breakfast was good. Hotel close to attractions.
"Comfortable hotel in the heart of German Village"
I was on the business trip and this hotel was the closest to our office. I will stay there again when I visit that office again. It is clean, comfortable, with super friendly staff, in very safe neighborhood, walking distance to some of the most praised German restaurants. Scott has greeted me and explained the area attractions with some recommendations, which I am happy I have followed.
Roman
"Wonderful comfy beds."
Staff was helpful, restaurants are great! Beds were lush and conducive to sleep.
Ray
"go location for downtown columbus ohio"
we began the check in and noticed that the breakfast started at 7. i was there to run a race and needed food earlier and the front desk clerk said it would be ready by 6 and it was. there were a group of happy runners. thank you staff.
alan
"Worst hotel EVER!!!"
This hotel was a disappoint from the rickety elevator to the filthy carpets (where the carpet hadn't been ripped out). There was old food in the fridge, the hairdryer didn't work, the tissue container was empty & dirty towels were not picked up when the room was supposedly cleaned. I would give this place a big fat F and would not advise anyone to waste their good money here.
"Large clean rooms"
No issues with the room, looked like they were doing some updating to the common areas.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Columbus trip - FMLA Seminar @ Regus PNC Conf Ctr"
Stayed overnight as we are from Youngstown and had a Dept Of Labor/FMLA Seminar to attend the following morning at the Regus PNC Conference Center on S. Third Street. Our room was a decent price, spacious, clean, climate controls worked well.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Employee Health
"Great Location, Annoying Maintenance"
This hotel is very convenient to both the German Village and the Brewery District. Also, if you happen to have legal trouble, it's walking distance from the Municipal Courthouse. I enjoyed every bit of my stay except for the fact that it was under maintenance when I stayed. Some of the flooring was being replaced in the main hallway, and the electronic locks didn't work (so I had to be let in by very helpful staff). Despite that, it was a good experience.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
JD
"Rough but Nice...."
Although it didnt effect my floor, the hotel had a water line break. There were fans blowing all the time. Then on the second night (Friday) the elevator was broke down. Had I been arriving or checking out I would have been very upset. I was on the 4th floor. The parking lot at the hotel does not accommodate large trucks easily. There is an overflow lot next door and it was lit. With the neighborhood being as visitor friendly as it is I felt safe with that arrangement of parking there. The staff was very helpful with a few questions I had about the neighborhood and how to get around town. The breakfast was good enough to save me money eating out. Even with the few glitches I would stay here again. It was close to my destination and I felt safe. The room was very nice.....beds comfortable....good water pressure in shower.....
3 night trip Oct 9, 2014
"Comfortable, affordable, great location"
I stayed with my pet for one night. She was welcomed by everyone, staff and other guests. Our room was comfortable, and more spacious than most rooms in similarly priced hotels. A free breakfast was offered; it was modest, but everything that was offered tasted good. This hotel is easy to get to, only a few blocks south of Interstate 70, and is in the Germanville area of Columbus, an interesting neighborhood. My stay was quite pleasant, and I will definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Oct 20, 2014
"No television and no response"
My wife and I stayed at this hotel while visiting our son, a student at OSU and exploring Columbus. Great location, desk staff was friendly and helpful. However the hotel was working to dry out a sprinkler system leak, and cable reception to the hotel blanked out during one of the best football games of the season and was not restored by the time we left the next day. I was given the hotel manager's email address, and sent an email, but received no response. I would not recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Joel
"mold"
The smell of mold is so strong I sleep with no covers and fully dressed!
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
nette
"Nice hotel in German Village"
Hotel was in good location for checking out the neighborhood, i.e., German Village. Carpet was missing in some parts of the hallways due to water damage.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
"Love Columbus"
Best pillows ever. Great continental breakfast.
"Lazy housekeepers"
It was in the nice area. Also they had nice breakfast. But the room was not cleaned properly. There were spots on the carpet, the bathroom was not clean. Never refilled coffee and tea bag. Overall lazy maids. Also the shower was not draining properly.
10 night trip Oct 7, 2014
"Very good."
We used the hotel as a stop on a long road trip. It appeared they're going through some renovations. The lobby was nice, but the hallways to the rooms could use some work. However, our room was great. King suite had plenty of space for my husband, our baby (and all his stuff including his pack n play) and myself. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Neighborhood was great and we were able to walk to dinner. We didn't have a problem personally but seemed like parking could be an issue on a very busy night. Would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Bethany
"Great location, shabby hotel"
GREAT location, amazing staff (Scott was a great help finding a good restaurant), but the hotel itself needs A LOT of work...
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Shuttle service"
We enjoyed the room but were disappointed to learn that they didn't provide a suttle at the time we had to leave 5:30AM to the airport. It costs us $26 which we didn't think we were going to have when we booked.
Carolyn
"Good location a tried property - poorly maintained"
Staff did not care to repair burnt outbulb I'm bathroom. Found a dead bug on my phone. Comfortable bed.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"We would stay here again."
Not the newest, but comfortable and affordable. Some renewal going on in the motel. Proximity to German Village was great. A short walk. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was adequate.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
"Room OK..commom areas HORRIBLE"
May be a temporary thing, but desk alternately said it was a water main break and sewer problem on the 3rd floor...but elevator not working (we were placed on 4th floor). They said this was a few hour thing, but out of order sign was there for entire 24 hours and no sign anything was being done to change that anytime soon. Stairwell STUNK and carpet was in horrible condition (again, they said it was due to water break, but these stains on all floors were more than a few days old and security cameras ripped off wall..disgusting) NO advance notice that there was any problem and no offered compensation...we were there one night and GONE...THANK GOODNESS. BY the way, I seldom leave comments on these websites and have NEVER left a poor one...we are seasoned travelers and can stand almost anything in any country....be sure to ask what is going on if booking this hotel!!!
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Unsatisfied
"Okay hotel"
The front desk staff was very friendly and unhelpful. The building needs some improvements. Also, the lobby and the stairwell had a strange smell - probably from a cleaning solution.
5 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
"Ok hotel for the price"
Was in town for Ohio ACEP conference. Decided to save some money and stay here. First day hot water was out, third night sprinkler head broke. Last 2 days spent wondering when mold would take over. Staff was great despite all mishaps. 8 dipolar cab ride to Renaissance hotel. Saved hundreds. However, they need to renovate this 1960's building. Overall 6/10.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
ERDoc
"Too many problems..."
When I first arrived I thought the hotel looked nice but it was all downhill from there. The elevator is very old and takes forever. My room had a musty smell but was tolerable. The bed was very comfortable and the wi-fi was pretty good for a hotel which were the high points. On my second day I came back to the hotel and when I got to my floor there was water pouring out of the ceiling in the hallway and in my room! A pipe had burst. I went to the front desk and they got me another room but I had to dodge water to get my stuff and then hike up stairs to the fourth floor because the elevator was out. My new room smelled worse than the first but at least there was no water pouring out of the ceiling. The next day I went to leave for the conference I was attending and the elevator was still out. Over the course of my stay they were also having trouble with the Dish Network which did not work at times. I had told various desk clerks about the issues and my dissatisfaction but they could only sympathize. When I went to check out I told the clerk that the least they could do was give me a discount for the trouble but he said he did not have the authority to do so and there was nobody else to talk to. I had him write down my name and contact info and give it to the manager/owner because I wanted to talk to this person but never heard back from anyone. I cannot recommend this hotel at all!!!
5 night business trip Oct 5, 2014
David Melia
"Nice, but:"
There was a water break in the 3rd floor hall way, worked it's way to the ceiling above the hallway outside my room. Several hours later a maintainence worker did not knock or anounce his prescene in any way. Used his key card and came into my room quickly and quietly. The clasp lock stopped him with a thud. Not in uniform, no ID. This could have ended much differently. In the future have the desk clerk call ahead, all maintainence workers wear badges and uniforms. They must knock loudly and give appropriate time to answer. The desk staff were nice and the breakfast was good. No problems with the free parking . Internet was slow enough i did not use it even when i could connect.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
no name
"Convenient location, service slumped"
Have stayed multiple times. Close to my downtown appointment, clean and affordable. One person at desk means waiting for assistance at times. This week, the hot water was out one day and the fire alarm went off rendering elevators closed. Not major issues for me. Inattentiveness to refilling morning coffee pots mattered more :-). Will be back again.
2 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
Sandra
"Great hotel in a convenient location"
Great hotel in a great location close to many places of interest. We look forward to.staying here again. The.front desk staff are very informative, helpful and made great suggestions to places and things we.wanted to do. There is a C bus stop directly across the.street from the hotel.
2 night trip Sep 30, 2014
"Amazing hotel!"
I really enjoyed staying here. My first experience was the receptionist. She was very kind and we could have talked with her forever but more guests came in. The room was amazing. I loved it. Very comfortable. This is truly a nice and clean hotel. I will definitely use it again.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Perfect Plae"
This hotel was in a perfect spot. The staff was tremendous and helpful. It's a bit old, but in great shape. Would definitely stay here again!
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
"Great Time"
Great area to stay. German Town is very nice and safe. Food was great.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
"Beautiful hotel but noisy"
Pros: Clean, comfortable beds, modern, friendly hotel staff, fun area Cons: The room we were given was noisy. We stayed overnight with our dog, infant, and toddler. We were given the room right across from the front desk. People were coming into the hotel from the bars/attractions at 2am in the morning. We could hear people perfectly at the front desk and heading to their rooms even though they weren't being loud. This noise easily woke up my children every time someone walked by. In one night we were woken up 6 times. Also, no cribs were offered.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Noel
"Great hotel!"
Great price!clean and good service.
3 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
"That'll do, little hotel."
Great service, nice hotel. Excellent location.
4 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
Katherine
"The night staff were excellent the days ehhh"
I work nights occasionally I don't want to drive home especially if it's multiple nights in a row. Problem is I have a German shepherd. Found this hotel after searching a while. (They take all breeds except grey hounds but only on the first floor.) My fiance who works days was very pleased with his service from the night and evening shifts. My day service was average no one went out of their way to do anything. Breakfast was good if you get there early otherwise people take all the muffins and portable food. The room was nice clean and spacious The only that I could possibly complain of is the lack of green space around the hotel got a short dog walk. But if you want to drive for a few minutes there is an awesome dog park at the local metro park a little bit south east. Good hotel, low price,ok service, dog friendly(don't ruin this for us)
3 night business trip Sep 24, 2014