All hotels in Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
650 South High Street, Columbus, OH, 43215, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Worst hotel EVER!!!"
This hotel was a disappoint from the rickety elevator to the filthy carpets (where the carpet hadn't been ripped out). There was old food in the fridge, the hairdryer didn't work, the tissue container was empty & dirty towels were not picked up when the room was supposedly cleaned. I would give this place a big fat F and would not advise anyone to waste their good money here.
"Large clean rooms"
No issues with the room, looked like they were doing some updating to the common areas.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Columbus trip - FMLA Seminar @ Regus PNC Conf Ctr"
Stayed overnight as we are from Youngstown and had a Dept Of Labor/FMLA Seminar to attend the following morning at the Regus PNC Conference Center on S. Third Street. Our room was a decent price, spacious, clean, climate controls worked well.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Employee Health
"Great Location, Annoying Maintenance"
This hotel is very convenient to both the German Village and the Brewery District. Also, if you happen to have legal trouble, it's walking distance from the Municipal Courthouse. I enjoyed every bit of my stay except for the fact that it was under maintenance when I stayed. Some of the flooring was being replaced in the main hallway, and the electronic locks didn't work (so I had to be let in by very helpful staff). Despite that, it was a good experience.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
JD
"Rough but Nice...."
Although it didnt effect my floor, the hotel had a water line break. There were fans blowing all the time. Then on the second night (Friday) the elevator was broke down. Had I been arriving or checking out I would have been very upset. I was on the 4th floor. The parking lot at the hotel does not accommodate large trucks easily. There is an overflow lot next door and it was lit. With the neighborhood being as visitor friendly as it is I felt safe with that arrangement of parking there. The staff was very helpful with a few questions I had about the neighborhood and how to get around town. The breakfast was good enough to save me money eating out. Even with the few glitches I would stay here again. It was close to my destination and I felt safe. The room was very nice.....beds comfortable....good water pressure in shower.....
Response by Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Columbus
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! Hope you have wonderful holidays and Very Happy New Year. Sincerely,
3 night trip Oct 9, 2014
"Comfortable, affordable, great location"
I stayed with my pet for one night. She was welcomed by everyone, staff and other guests. Our room was comfortable, and more spacious than most rooms in similarly priced hotels. A free breakfast was offered; it was modest, but everything that was offered tasted good. This hotel is easy to get to, only a few blocks south of Interstate 70, and is in the Germanville area of Columbus, an interesting neighborhood. My stay was quite pleasant, and I will definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Oct 20, 2014
"No television and no response"
My wife and I stayed at this hotel while visiting our son, a student at OSU and exploring Columbus. Great location, desk staff was friendly and helpful. However the hotel was working to dry out a sprinkler system leak, and cable reception to the hotel blanked out during one of the best football games of the season and was not restored by the time we left the next day. I was given the hotel manager's email address, and sent an email, but received no response. I would not recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Joel
"mold"
The smell of mold is so strong I sleep with no covers and fully dressed!
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
nette
"Nice hotel in German Village"
Hotel was in good location for checking out the neighborhood, i.e., German Village. Carpet was missing in some parts of the hallways due to water damage.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
"Love Columbus"
Best pillows ever. Great continental breakfast.
"Lazy housekeepers"
It was in the nice area. Also they had nice breakfast. But the room was not cleaned properly. There were spots on the carpet, the bathroom was not clean. Never refilled coffee and tea bag. Overall lazy maids. Also the shower was not draining properly.
10 night trip Oct 7, 2014
"Very good."
We used the hotel as a stop on a long road trip. It appeared they're going through some renovations. The lobby was nice, but the hallways to the rooms could use some work. However, our room was great. King suite had plenty of space for my husband, our baby (and all his stuff including his pack n play) and myself. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Neighborhood was great and we were able to walk to dinner. We didn't have a problem personally but seemed like parking could be an issue on a very busy night. Would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Bethany
"Great location, shabby hotel"
GREAT location, amazing staff (Scott was a great help finding a good restaurant), but the hotel itself needs A LOT of work...
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Shuttle service"
We enjoyed the room but were disappointed to learn that they didn't provide a suttle at the time we had to leave 5:30AM to the airport. It costs us $26 which we didn't think we were going to have when we booked.
Carolyn
"Good location a tried property - poorly maintained"
Staff did not care to repair burnt outbulb I'm bathroom. Found a dead bug on my phone. Comfortable bed.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"We would stay here again."
Not the newest, but comfortable and affordable. Some renewal going on in the motel. Proximity to German Village was great. A short walk. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was adequate.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
"Room OK..commom areas HORRIBLE"
May be a temporary thing, but desk alternately said it was a water main break and sewer problem on the 3rd floor...but elevator not working (we were placed on 4th floor). They said this was a few hour thing, but out of order sign was there for entire 24 hours and no sign anything was being done to change that anytime soon. Stairwell STUNK and carpet was in horrible condition (again, they said it was due to water break, but these stains on all floors were more than a few days old and security cameras ripped off wall..disgusting) NO advance notice that there was any problem and no offered compensation...we were there one night and GONE...THANK GOODNESS. BY the way, I seldom leave comments on these websites and have NEVER left a poor one...we are seasoned travelers and can stand almost anything in any country....be sure to ask what is going on if booking this hotel!!!
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Unsatisfied
"Okay hotel"
The front desk staff was very friendly and unhelpful. The building needs some improvements. Also, the lobby and the stairwell had a strange smell - probably from a cleaning solution.
5 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
"Ok hotel for the price"
Was in town for Ohio ACEP conference. Decided to save some money and stay here. First day hot water was out, third night sprinkler head broke. Last 2 days spent wondering when mold would take over. Staff was great despite all mishaps. 8 dipolar cab ride to Renaissance hotel. Saved hundreds. However, they need to renovate this 1960's building. Overall 6/10.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
ERDoc
"Too many problems..."
When I first arrived I thought the hotel looked nice but it was all downhill from there. The elevator is very old and takes forever. My room had a musty smell but was tolerable. The bed was very comfortable and the wi-fi was pretty good for a hotel which were the high points. On my second day I came back to the hotel and when I got to my floor there was water pouring out of the ceiling in the hallway and in my room! A pipe had burst. I went to the front desk and they got me another room but I had to dodge water to get my stuff and then hike up stairs to the fourth floor because the elevator was out. My new room smelled worse than the first but at least there was no water pouring out of the ceiling. The next day I went to leave for the conference I was attending and the elevator was still out. Over the course of my stay they were also having trouble with the Dish Network which did not work at times. I had told various desk clerks about the issues and my dissatisfaction but they could only sympathize. When I went to check out I told the clerk that the least they could do was give me a discount for the trouble but he said he did not have the authority to do so and there was nobody else to talk to. I had him write down my name and contact info and give it to the manager/owner because I wanted to talk to this person but never heard back from anyone. I cannot recommend this hotel at all!!!
5 night business trip Oct 5, 2014
David Melia
"Nice, but:"
There was a water break in the 3rd floor hall way, worked it's way to the ceiling above the hallway outside my room. Several hours later a maintainence worker did not knock or anounce his prescene in any way. Used his key card and came into my room quickly and quietly. The clasp lock stopped him with a thud. Not in uniform, no ID. This could have ended much differently. In the future have the desk clerk call ahead, all maintainence workers wear badges and uniforms. They must knock loudly and give appropriate time to answer. The desk staff were nice and the breakfast was good. No problems with the free parking . Internet was slow enough i did not use it even when i could connect.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
no name
"Convenient location, service slumped"
Have stayed multiple times. Close to my downtown appointment, clean and affordable. One person at desk means waiting for assistance at times. This week, the hot water was out one day and the fire alarm went off rendering elevators closed. Not major issues for me. Inattentiveness to refilling morning coffee pots mattered more :-). Will be back again.
2 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
Sandra
"Great hotel in a convenient location"
Great hotel in a great location close to many places of interest. We look forward to.staying here again. The.front desk staff are very informative, helpful and made great suggestions to places and things we.wanted to do. There is a C bus stop directly across the.street from the hotel.
2 night trip Sep 30, 2014
"Amazing hotel!"
I really enjoyed staying here. My first experience was the receptionist. She was very kind and we could have talked with her forever but more guests came in. The room was amazing. I loved it. Very comfortable. This is truly a nice and clean hotel. I will definitely use it again.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Perfect Plae"
This hotel was in a perfect spot. The staff was tremendous and helpful. It's a bit old, but in great shape. Would definitely stay here again!
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
"Great Time"
Great area to stay. German Town is very nice and safe. Food was great.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
"Beautiful hotel but noisy"
Pros: Clean, comfortable beds, modern, friendly hotel staff, fun area Cons: The room we were given was noisy. We stayed overnight with our dog, infant, and toddler. We were given the room right across from the front desk. People were coming into the hotel from the bars/attractions at 2am in the morning. We could hear people perfectly at the front desk and heading to their rooms even though they weren't being loud. This noise easily woke up my children every time someone walked by. In one night we were woken up 6 times. Also, no cribs were offered.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Noel
"Great hotel!"
Great price!clean and good service.
3 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
"That'll do, little hotel."
Great service, nice hotel. Excellent location.
4 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
Katherine
"The night staff were excellent the days ehhh"
I work nights occasionally I don't want to drive home especially if it's multiple nights in a row. Problem is I have a German shepherd. Found this hotel after searching a while. (They take all breeds except grey hounds but only on the first floor.) My fiance who works days was very pleased with his service from the night and evening shifts. My day service was average no one went out of their way to do anything. Breakfast was good if you get there early otherwise people take all the muffins and portable food. The room was nice clean and spacious The only that I could possibly complain of is the lack of green space around the hotel got a short dog walk. But if you want to drive for a few minutes there is an awesome dog park at the local metro park a little bit south east. Good hotel, low price,ok service, dog friendly(don't ruin this for us)
3 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
Vanessa
Our room was comfortable and quiet. The AC unit was surprisingly quiet. :) The only negative is that we checked out and realized a few minutes later we'd left a few bottles of craft beer in the refrigerator. I called right away and asked that they be saved for us to pick up after breakfast. We returned to pick them up and found that the cleaning staff had thrown them away. Two were retrieved from a garbage can, but the third had broken on its way to the bottom of the bin. Other than that, a nice place.
1 night family trip Sep 23, 2014
Sherry
"Wonderful!"
Close enough to I 70, but also GREAT city location (German village, Brewery district). Walk to bars and good restaraunts. Friendly staff, clean and spacious room. What more could you ask for?........... I could see parking being a potential problem is they were really busy, but we had no problem and there were ample spaces available throughout our stay.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
other than the worn condition of the hallways, this is a very nice hotel. Room is very comfortable and nicely decorated. breakfast is average.
2 night trip Sep 24, 2014
tom
"very helpful staff"
We came to Columbus to just have a weekend away from home so we didn't have much of an agenda. The front desk clerk was incredibly personable and helped us figure out a lot of good places to visit, even going as far as to take out a map and highlight his recommendations. We enjoyed our stay thanks in large part to him. The room was pretty standard, the location was wonderful. German village is beautiful and has a lot of pretty architecture.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Fabulous!"
I had a wonderful stay - wish I could have stayed longer!! Scott at the front desk was very helpful and I loved the room.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Nice stay and staff"
Very convenient to all roads and routes. Nice access to German Village and its culture. Staff was helpful and friendly. Would stay again. thank you
3 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
"close to town"
definitely would stay here again
3 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Daisy Hollis
"Great spot in German Village"
I was a little skeptical but needed a place to stay last minute. I saw a good deal on this place and decided to try it. Great location German Village is a cool place to stay. The hotel is in need of some upgrades but the room was fine and the bed was good. Will stay there again for price and location.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Chad
"Great for visting German Village"
Our stay was convenient however the Hotel shows much wear. The carpets in the hallways was stained and frayed. The commode seat was stained and cracked along with the shelving in the room Also the closet was missing a door.
4 night trip Sep 11, 2014
tricia
Booked this hotel at the last minute. Three of us were attending the Country Living Fair. It was perfect. Close to German Village. We did not know what that was, but it turned out to be a quaint little area of Columbus with brick streets, restored brick homes, neat little yards and flowerbeds, and we could walk two blocks to a lovely bar, G Michael's, and had drinks and small plates very inexpensively during their happy hour. It was just what we needed at the end of a very busy, tiring and fun day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was nice, although the second morning we walked a half block to Panera Bread for breakfast. All and all it was perfect for our needs. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Janet
"Located in quaint German Village"
Great price. Great location to convention center. Good breakfast - quite a variety!!!!
2 night business trip Sep 11, 2014
Gina
"Sanctuary"
A great small hotel on the south lip of downtown Columbus and on the line separating German Village from the Brewery District. I could walk to both with ease. Enjoyed the easy gait to the varied restaurants in German Village. At the desk I found Scott- an extremely bright guy who divulged architectural and historical information about the city. He is a great addition to the staff. Hotel was perfect as smaller budget hotels go and I would stay there again on my next visit to the city.
3 night business trip Sep 11, 2014
Chas.
"AFFORDABLE"
OVERALL THE HOTEL WAS FINE, IT IS OLDER AND WILL NEED UPDATES SOON, CARPET, PAINT, ELEVATOR.... THE HELP DID A NICE JOB, BREAKFAST WAS GOOD, COFFEE DECENT. I WOULD RECOMMEND IT FOR THE COST.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Renovation nice and solid staff"
The renovated rooms are well worth the money. Staff was outstanding. Didn't eat the breakfast. Great location for German Village or downtown, our night was filled with football guests (as I was, as well.)
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Close to all must see."
Was nice a great room , clean ang good service. The only problem were some very noise and laud people on the next room . That made us very desapointed about the night at the hotel.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Joche65
"First Impressions"
As a newly married couple on a budget, we do not often take trips out of town so we were very excited for this one. Upon arriving at the hotel at 3:30 pm, there was a stagnate line which kept us waiting for about 40 minutes. That delay caused us to rush to get ready for the wedding we were attending that afternoon. We learned that the delay was that the housekeeping had not finished cleaning the rooms. When staying in a hotel, the last thing you want to think about is how dirty your room was minutes before entering. Questions about the quality of the cleanliness started whiling through my brain. Are the sheets actually clean? Towels? The room APPEARED clean, but it is difficult to feel confident in that because of our first impression.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Visitor
"GSoftball tournaments"
price was right and breakfast was free
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Ken
"I never write reviews but this hotel was bad"
Bed linens were stained, I could list more negatives but I think that's enough. Crummy neighborhood, one single decrepit elevator, bathroom in which I refused to shower. Reviews seriously led me a stray. Worst hotel I've been in for a while.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Mml
Great room and facilities for the cost! I read the reviews before booking and am satisfied. Couldn't use the pool due to short hours of stay. It would have been great if there was an inside one as well. Good breakfast: waffles from a waffle maker, eggs, sausages, yogurts, etc.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Deborah
"Great deal"
Hotel was perfect for the occasion. Great price for comfy sleep and good breakfast. Carpet throughout needs replacing as the hotel has a not so great smell.
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2014