All hotels in Newbury, New Hampshire, United States of America
1380 Route 103, Newbury, NH, 03255, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Near Beach and Mountain"
Well located near Mount Sunapee Ski Area and Mount Sunapee Beach. Rooms were nice and spacious, though slightly dated. Access to grills was a bonus. Staff was very nice.
2 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
Nice place, a bit dated. Rooms were large, cooking items and utensils were a bit sparse. Outdoor deck was rotten in spots, actually one board fell through when we were out there.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Very good experience and it's a good choice for skiing at Sunapee. The only drawback is a little bit cold during the nights.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Close to Mt Sunapee"
Room we were given was not correct but it is apparently an Expedia issue. They offered to move us but we opted to stay as we have moved our stuff in and they gave us a credit. They need an update on the TVs and the video package. Also the WiFi was a bit slow and had some connection issues. Other than that is was great and would come back.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Really nice hotel at base of Sunapee Ski Mountain"
Extremely friendly staff. Tavern had great food. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the entire hotel and our room. We were very fortunate to stay on a Sunday night after a school vacation week so only 2 other rooms were booked. We basically had the entire hotel to ourselves, including the pools/sauna. I would definitely return to this resort during the winter or summer.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
kate
"Great hotel close to the mountain"
Great hotel to stay right at the entrance of Mt Sunapee mountain. The only complaints I have is that the lady on reception has no social skills, we fixed the rattling heat vent in our rooms and the TVs need updating. The facilities are great and staff very friendly. We have stayed here on a number of occasions and would stay again.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Recent stay in Sunapee"
Room was large and could hold lots of family. We rarely watch television, but wanted to catch the big ND/FSU game. TV didn't carry ABC televised game. Front desk wasn't able to help. Other than that we had a nice stay.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"Beautiful setting. Hotel leaves much to be desired"
The room was clean. We could not control our own temperature-it is controlled by front desk. We were very warm at night and couldn't do a thing about it! The gym was a joke-the two treadmills and elyptical were not in woking order. The clock on the wall was broken and there were no sanitizing wipes! Forget towels. The restaurant(!) had one server on the Friday night we were there. The food was forgettable. After complaining to the owner, he gave me his card for the next time I will be there. Really?
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Temi
"Good hotel for a small-town resort"
Family-owned hotel, and it runs like one. On three separate occasions we had to wait 10 to 15 minutes for someone to come to the front desk to help us. The restaurant and room service were completely shut down for a wedding on Saturday night. There is also no breakfast service - not even continental offerings in the lobby. The room was enormous and very clean, but the furnishings and electronics were very dated. It was comfortable - I slept great and enjoyed my room, but you should definitely not expect things to run as they might at a nice hotel in a bigger town. I do think the price was high considering the lack of a restaurant, room service, etc., but I would probably stay there again if I return to the area.
Megg
"Cute lodge by the ski area/lake"
nice place, clean, friendly, rooms are quite big and its nice to have a kitchenette
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2014
creed
"Nice hotel. Nicely heated pool. Clean."
Great experience with Lake Sunapee and the hotel.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"We went to have a quiet, relaxing stay."
It was so much fun to have all the rooms we had. Even though we did not have guests w/us, you could walk about and feel at home.
3 night trip Apr 20, 2014
Bill and Judy Pease

"Beautiful area"
Reasonable hotel, although in need of a little updating. I found the staff on the desk were not very approachable or friendly, although those in the bar/restaurant were very helpful. It would have been useful to know in advance that the restaurant is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, given there are not many other dining options in the immediate area...
3 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
Editor241
"Relaxing during the off season"
Apart from the fact that they don't serve food during the off season but that there is a store close by, this place has everything you need, Our room was bigger than our London apartment. The beds were comfortable, the kitchen well equipped, the shower hot and it had extra clothes hanging space in the hall. It was only $3.50 to get a load of laundry washed and dried using their machines downstairs. Can't criticise it.
Other trip May 19, 2014
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2012
2 night trip Aug 11, 2012
1 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee

"Loved the Mountain Edge Resort"
08/01/15 Jazman786 Bristol, United Kingdom
I have stayed here a couple of times now and enjoyed it each time. I had the room on the left hand side at the top of the stairs and it is very peaceful. The area is great to explore from here and lots to see and do near Lake Sunapee. Try the boat cruise if you get a chance.
"Great party venue! "
07/20/15 David C
We recently held our high school reunion at the tavern at Mountain Edge. It was an ideal location: the room and outside deck allowed for easy mingling, the buffet was delicious and plentiful and the full bar had some "specials" for our function. We had a two man music group that set up in the corner. Besides the rooms at the resort, there are two other motels within walking distance across the street. Fun was had by all. Perfect spot for reunions, anniversary, birthday, engagement and wedding parties.
"Beautiful place"
07/16/15 i8dbbqonroute66 Vancouver, Washington
Nice mountain lodge with excellent rooms. Staff is friendly, had a room with a patio and it was very relaxing. The major disappointment is the dining room food was good service was terrible I would stay here again but would eat elsewhere.
"So-so place for the price."
07/16/15 Zandra W Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
We found this online and decided to stay for a week. The resort is small, fairly clean and has all the amenities you may need including an indoor and outdoor pool. It is decently located (2 hours from Santa's Village and Boston). The customer service is hit and miss. The front desk doesn't acknowledge you when you walk into the resort which really annoyed me. Tried to make a spa appointment but no one called us back or left a message if they did call when we were out. I would probably not stay here again unless it was an amazing deal. Spider egg nests all over our deck was totally gross but got a broom and cleaned it ourselves. The restaurant was below average based on what I ate.
"" Best Hotel we ever stayed at"- my 3 kids"
07/13/15 123lolas Salem, New Hampshire
First time visiting Sunapee with my kids. Coming up and looking up at the Resort was breathtaking. The rooms are very large with two bedrooms and a full kitchen and living room. We had plenty of room to spread out. The pools are very warm and the outdoor hot tub was amazing at night under the stars. The staff was very accommodating and extremely friendly! The food at the restaurant was delicious and timely and the drinks were heavenly! Reading some of the reviews before I wrote mine made me wonder if we stayed at the same resort! Lol The Resort has a rustic NH vibe but Did not notice one dirty anything to complain about! Definitely will return!
"Second stay and no better than the first...so will be he last"
07/12/15 sfamo
This hotel is very dated and dirty. The decor is cheap and the atmosphere nonexistent. The curtains are stained, the linens are worn and rough, the windows were so dirty we could barely see out of one side. The owner should be ashamed. On the up side, the front desk staff was wonderful. They were pleasant and helpful. So thank you for that!
"Welcoming & Accommodating"
07/11/15 Hagar933 Wellesley, Massachusetts
My wife and son and I stayed here the evening of July 4, 2015. We had made our reservations at the last minute. Nevertheless, we were well taken care of. When we showed up, we were under the impression that they were a dog-friendly hotel. But we had forgotten to tell them that we were bringing dogs! Chihuahuas, actually, which arguably aren't dogs at all but that's another story. Apparently, if they know you're bringing dogs, they make sure you have a room that is more dog-friendly, e.g., more tile and less carpet. Even so, they checked us in and no fuss was made. When we brought the chihuahuas in -- puppies, about 6 months old -- there was much ooh-ing and aah-ing. :-) The tavern stayed open until 9 pm and further accommodated us by bringing our food to our room, since we were bouncing in and out watching fireworks. I had a spicy shrimp creole, which was quite good -- and quite a surprise, since if I had thought about it for more than a second, I'm not sure I would have ordered seafood in the middle of New Hampshire, much less a dish better suited for New Orleans. Glad I didn't think about it. :-) The staff also accommodated our electric car, a Tesla Model S, which we had also failed to tell them about. They allowed us to plug in at a handy outlet near their front door. No charge for electricity. The manager (owner?) told me the next day that he is thinking of installing a permanent charger. A good time was had by all, including husband, wife, 10-year old active son, and the traveling chihuahuas.
"Business and pleasure"
07/06/15 Mom2kidsPA Malvern, Pennsylvania
Five of us stayed - elder mother, me, hub, and 2 kids. Skylight placement was annoying, housekeeping didn't vacuum whole week we were there, and tavern food not too tasty (same as room service, so we didn't bother). But awesome customer service - they gave us toothbrushes when we forgot ours and a handicap chair for shower. Also, great location!
"Great stay at Mountain Edge!"
06/28/15 Tara M Boston, Massachusetts
We recently stayed at the Mountain Edge resort for a local wedding at Mount Sunapee. When my date realized he had forgotten his cufflinks for the ceremony, the resort staff was extremely accommodating and helpful. The manager went home to get his cufflinks so my date could wear them for the day! I cannot say enough about how great the staff and resort were for the weekend. I would definitely recommend the Mountain Edge Resort & Spa!
"Great Amenities ans Spacious Suites"
06/25/15 FlyingCloud9800 Sunapee, New Hampshire
I stayed here for several weeks while transitioning in the Lake Sunapee area and so glad I chose this resort. The lodging accommodations fit me perfectly - a 2 bedroom suite included dining area, large living room with fireplace and office desk, plus a kitchenette - just the right amount of space, clean, comfy and bonus of all the amenities. Having access just steps from my suite to the luxury of 3 pools, 2 hot tubs, fitness room, massages & pedicures at the spa, dining at the tavern (loved inviting friends to "my place" for dinner - no cooking or clean up! LOL) - combined with such friendly and helpful staff... made it a challenge to NOT feel like I was on vacation! So for visitors who are really on vacation - this is definitely the perfect place to stay and enjoy.... all the creature comforts, spacious accommodations, proximity to the mountain and lake.