All hotels in Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America
205 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC, 29401-3110, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
"Lovely Hotel."
When we arrived we found out that the room we booked on the club floor was not available. The air conditioner in the room we got was broken. The front desk staff exceeded our expectations by offering us many options. It turned out very well. The hotel was very busy for the Easter weekend and not prepared for the warmer weather. However the staff / management were willing to do anything to please each guest. Great front desk staff.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Charleston Place Hotel is great!"
The Belmond Charleston Place is a great hotel, in a very convenient location. The Club level is worth the extra money, with all the food and drinks included. I would definitely stay there again.
2 night trip with friends Mar 24, 2015
"Beautiful hotel in the heart of Charleston."
Very friendly service from the minute we drove up in our rental car. Dined in the Charleston Grill and had the best meal and service! Lovely salt water pool, hot tub and lounging are plus sufficient fitness center. Overall, exquisite hotel and service!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
L
"splendid stay"
Front desk people were very friendly and helpfull same for concierge and all the staff Very close to the city Market place and waterfront Fells like home Excellent cuisine at the restaurant .
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
nicole
loved the hotel..... but pillows were too large, too lumpy and did not give us a restful night. I recommend hotel having several regular size pillows available in room.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Awesome"
excellent stay best hotel in CHS
3 night romance trip Mar 9, 2015
Carlos
Newly renovated rooms are lovely. Location perfect!
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"Charelston Gem"
We only stayed overnight at the Belmond. Nonetheless, I would say it is one of the top hotels in the country. Our room was apparently recently redone and it was done beautifully. The service staff was outstanding, from the maid to the bell staff. The hotel is pricey, but I thought for the location worth the expense. If you go there don't miss the Charleston Grill, which is in the hotel proper. It is also an outstanding restaurant.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Donald
"Too expensive for what you get"
Nice hotel in a good location, however it is way too expensive and double beds are ridiculously small.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
"Nice but too expensive"
This is a beautiful hotel, however the double beds are way way too small and the price is too high.
1 night family trip Feb 23, 2015
"Perfect getaway place."
Beautiful hotel in a beautiful city. Dining, amenities and location A +++
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
We had two rooms for a bachelorette party. Amazing location. We were able to walk everywhere. Hotel was super accommodating and made great recommendations.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Warm water for the shower. Great rooms just needed a bit more cleaning. Staff was great
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Valentine's/President's Day Weekend 2015"
When we checked in they told me I couldn't have a king size bed because they were all out. They said I couldn't possibly have received a confirmation that I would get a king size bed because "I am the one that gives out the room assignments so it's not final till I say so." That was the woman checking us in at the desk told us. Unfortunately I was unable to access the internet from the lobby & couldn't show them my confirmation. Which btw does say king size bed. I asked if I would receive a $!50 spa certificate as the hotel website indicates. She said "Oh no-you booked through 'Expedia' (like I had the plague) & that only applies to people that book directly through us. I WISH I could give everyone a certificate but we couldn't afford that." So 2 of us had to share a full size bed on our vacation in a this grand hotel. Yes we could have slept in our own beds but no. The cleaning staff didn't clean or replace used glasses. If I wanted to keep used glasses you have to wash them yourself. I was in the room and that's what they told me. For the price, looking at something other than a brick wall would have been nice. I didn't notice anywhere that it notified me that there is no coffee machine in the room. Had intermittent problems with our phone. It only worked on speaker most of the time. I was hung up on 3x when I called the front desk cause they couldn't hear me. The technician checked it, made 2 calls, said it was fine. We swapped phones w/the one on the desk ourselves.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Disappointed
"Location plus 5 star accommodations"
Great location. Always a great experience. Staff very helpful. Try the spa
2 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"No coffee makers in rooms."
No coffee maker in room. I asked the front desk for one, but they didn't have any. Room service coffee is 14.00 for one, 17.00 for two. There is a coffee window off the lobby where you can buy coffee in the morning only and there is a Starbucks across the street. The thoroughbred lounge is a nice place to have coffee in the afternoon. But on my next trip to Charleston, I'll be staying in a hotel where I can get my first cup of coffee easily.
2 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
"Excellent Hotel"
The stay and staff was outstanding. The hotel is beautiful and centrally located. All the tours and scenic areas are within walking distant. If you like shopping they are within walking distant. The prices for both shopping and restaurants within the hotel are very high but there are many option available to you right outside of the hotel.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Tony
"Noisy with a steep price"
The wait staff, desk staff, valet staff, bell staff and cleaning staff were all excellent. The room was fairly nicely appointed, the restaurants and bar were upscale and excellent. The only two downsides were price and noise. The price was on the extreme high end for accommodations that were very good but not on par with the fee. Fit and finish in the rooms were definitely not on par with the expense. The noise issue I considered major. My wife and I were in a "premier" room that had doors to each adjoining room. These doors allowed even mild level noise and music to be noticeable, especially late at night. The hallway noise was fairly extreme, especially when merry people arrived in the rooms after 11:45pm on our first night in the hotel. The noise in conjunction with the expense left me feeling aggravated because had the noise issue not been present it would have been nearly an outstanding experience.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Upscale hotel"
Some friends met in Charleston, SC this year instead of Napa. It was not a mistake. The hotel is beautiful and within walking distance of restaurants, bars and shopping. Charleston history and architecture abound and both are right outside the door of the hotel.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Best hotel in Charleston !!"
Great experience for me and my wife on our 18th Anerversity !
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Howard
"Great hotel, great service"
Came in town to help move our daughter into an apt. . We had a uhaul trailer attached to our suv which we were planning to store at uhaul for fri and sat nights before move in on Sunday. Uhaul wouldn't take it even though I confirmed with them. Called the hotel with our predicament and they said it was not a problem. We pulled up and a bellman offered to take the car with trailer and park it. He was so nice and accommodating. Check in was just as nice. Room was beautiful and cleaning staff was great. Next time I will bring a swimsuit and enjoy the beautiful rooftop pool! Great hotel
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
lori
"Gorgeous Hotel!"
The Belmond Charleston is a superb hotel. Beautiful, spacious rooms - perfect location.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"A long weekend in Charleston."
My wife and I were in Charleston to attend a Christian conference. In order to make the weekend more special we chose to stay at the Belmond Charleston Place. We had stayed here in the distant past and were pleased. We were not disappointed on this occasion. We enjoyed lunch in the Palmetto Cafe and late evening "tapas" in the Thoroughbred bar. Rooms are rooms. It is the amenities and the service that make the difference and the staff delivered in spades.
3 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
"The Finest Hotel in Charleston, Period!"
The staff jumps to serve you, the atmosphere is Elegant but comfortable, location cannot be better. It's 5 Star in all aspects.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Therese
I felt the room was a disappointment. For the price the view was bad and the furniture was outdated and dirty.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Vacation in Charleston"
My wife and I went to Charleston for a mini three-day vacation. I searched Expedia for a hotel in the historic district and selected the Belmond. It rivaled any grand hotel we've stayed in, during our travels throughout Europe or the U.S.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Disappointed..."
We stayed here on the last night of our week-long vacation and I was hoping to have a slightly more luxurious experience than the rest of our vacation. Unfortunately, our room was pretty dusty felt run down. There also was no refrigerator in our room and we couldn't store my kids milk and food. It wasn't horrible, I just expected more from this supposed institution.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Love to travel
"Charelston"
Great location. My kids really enjoyed the indoor pool! The valet service was quick and very friendly.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
t
"Comfort & Charm"
Convenient location. Large modern and comfortable room and friendly service add up to a terrific stay in Charleston. I look forward to my next visit and would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Quick Trip"
Awesome hotel!! Can't go wrong staying here. Expensive but worth it!!
3 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Greg
"Fantastic hotel"
Without a doubt, this is the finest hotel at which I have ever stayed. We had a reservation for a regular room but they upgraded us to a suite. Everything was top notch and I'd recommend it to anyone.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Fabulous experience!"
Lovely place, perfect location! My husband became ill while we were there and they gave us a discounted rate on the room next to him, so we could all get some rest. Very clean, professional and friendly staff. The concierge was so helpful as well. Right in the middle of the historic district and close to everything. Pamper yourself with a stay in this beautiful hotel!
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
julie
"Anniversary Stay"
We celebrated our 20th Anniversary and I have to say this hotel was first class all the way. We loved the bellman as well as the conceirge service. Everyone there was fantastic and very nice and polite. You couldn't ask for a better experience. I would recommend this hotel highly to everyone.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
BB
"Wonderful hotel!"
Our family was taken care of the moment we walked in the door. Excellent service and room accommodations! I hope to return again in the future.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Tippi
"Amazing hotel"
Great location, beautiful hotel
3 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Gorgeous hotel in a great location!"
My husband and I went for a 4 day getaway in Charleston and stayed at The Charleston Place. We couldn't have been more pleased. It was in a perfect location for shopping (right off if King Street) and ideal for walking distance from all the great restaurants. The room was serene and beautifully decorated. Always clean, excellent service, and the restaurants were great too. We will definitely stay here again when we come back to Charleston.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Lauren
The hotel is pretty, room service is yummy (expensive), and the location can not be beaten.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
g
"Club Level a bust"
great location in a perfect and wonderful city. club level though a questionable value as hotel allows kids in lounge during cocktail hour. borish parents with their irritating and screaming kids are a sour mix with my cocktail.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Stephen
"Grand Hotel in the Center of Charleston."
This hotel is very Grand and Beautiful! Just what you would expect from a Hotel of this calibur. The lobby was decorated with beautiful Christmas trees and they had a huge train village in the middle of the staircase. There are many shops to shop at in the hotel itself as well as nice restaurants and a bar.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Kay
"Excellent Service"
Superior service, however, the hotel was going through renovations. That said, the Charleston Place is one of the great hotels in America.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Christmas shopping for the weekend"
Checked in Thursday evening and met some friends out for dinner. We returned to our room after dinner to find that the "turn down service" left our door open. The only service that "turn down" provided was fresh towels. I called and expressed my concern due to the fact that we had valuables in the room. They offered to move us to a different room which I thought was comical due to the fact that our room location wouldn't change the lack of care from the housekeeping staff. Friday morning, room service breakfast was delicious. Friday evening came and we returned after dinner and "turn down service" didn't even happen! I had to call again and fresh towels and bottled waters were sent to the room. Lunch on Saturday at the Palmetto Cafe downstairs was awesome. Our waitress was fabulous. Went out to dinner on Saturday and guess what... NOPE, no turn down service for the third night in a row. Again, fresh towels and waters were sent up. I called, almost laughing at the sorry service of the housekeeping staff and the front desk did offer us brunch on Sunday morning at the Palmetto Cafe. We accepted. The only thing going for this hotel is the staff (front desk, valet, and wait staff) and the food. Housekeeping, room conditions are horrible.
TRJH
"Wonderful staff and location."
We have been to Charleston many times and this was not our first experience with Charleston Place, not will it be our last. The hotel is beautifully decorated for the holidays and everyone is so friendly! The indoor swimming pool is a terrific experience too.
kathleen
"Best hotel choice in Charleston"
First class hotel within walking distance of everywhere downtown.
2 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
"Perfect-top to bottom"
All staff exceptionally friendly as always-Stay was wonderful. Climate in room was best we ever had.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Beautiful!"
Stayed on the Club Level. You can't go hungry there! Wonderful indoor pool and jacuzzi. Highly recommend it!
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Charleston Place"
We loved it. What's not to love it's Charleston. The Club Floor is the way to go...amenities were excellent! Can't wait to return.
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2014
Corwin
"This is a luxury hotel!"
We were exceedingly pleased with our stay at this hotel. The staff was very gracious, friendly and helpful. The hotel is quite beautiful. The room was very, very clean and comfortable.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Sean
"Great hotel for a honeymoon."
When we arrived, congratulations were offered and little extras provided. Service and quality of food were 5 Star +. Presentation was outstanding and photo worthy throughout all meals enjoyed in hotel restaurants. Every staff member went out of their way to make our stay memorable.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Sandy & Jerry
Courteous staff, a beautiful property and I highly recommend this establishment.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"thanksgiving geta way"
it was comfortable and very warm
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014