All hotels in Chennai, India
12jawaharlal Nehru Salai Inner, Inner Ring Rd Near Chennai Bus, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600 106, India, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.6
    2.7
    2.4
"Stay was not very comfortable."
1. AC was simply not cooling at all. They have a Central AC. In India Central ACs are not well maintained. In this Hotel in particular Cooling was simply not there. 2. Toilet exhaust did not seem to be working. 3. In the Toilet, the Health Faucet is on the left side which is basically a wrong design and is very inconvenient to use. 4. There was TV but without a Remote. There was no Towel provided in the Toilet. I had to call the House keeping 3 or 4 times to get the Remote and Towel etc.. 5. In the Buffet Breakfast, the TEA provided was simply too COLD. When I asked for a hot cup of Tea, the Staff were unwilling and simply did not care. Overall the Hotel is simply NOT GOOD. I would not recommend this Hotel to anyone.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
Mohamed
"Review"
Courtesy of front office staff was horrible!! Will never choose this hotel again..,
1 night business trip Jan 31, 2014
Ramesh.R
"Good hotel short stay"
Not a bad hotel for a short stay near the main bus stand.
1 night family trip Jan 12, 2014
Saran
"Does not match what is mentioned in expedia"
The hotel quality (atleast the room allocated to me) does not match with what one can infer from the photos posted on expedia. The photos might have taken when the hotel was newly constructed many years ago. Room - The booking said I will get a deluxe room with 2 King beds. What I got was a small room with one queen size bed. When I asked the hotel staff about it, he said what I got is King bed. I could not ask him more and it was uncomfortable for us with a child. We had to check in late and the room little stinky until the room boy had to report to duty next day and spray some room freshener. The bath tub had many cracks. One of the taps in the bathroom was leaking and the water was dripping always. In the evenings, you can find bottles and eaten up dishes kept on the corridor by other room mates for the room service to clean up. I have seen they remaining there till next day morning. Internet - They said the complimentary internet was for half hour only. It is not suitable for business travelers. Paid internet is available. For me they took 2 days to arrange for the paid wifi tokens. So I spent 2 days without internet and was not able to check my office e-mails. Staff - I saw 2 types of staff. One set of people are very good and cultured and they appear in the daytime. Other set of staff I saw were not much cultured and they looked drunken at nights.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
Jeba

"Good enviroment"
I stayed here since the hotel is located in a prominent location and it is easier for my relatives to visit me. During lean hours, the Restaurant provided a good environment to discuss a lot over a cup of coffee.
1 night family trip Feb 8, 2015
S. Darius
IN
"By far the worst hotel"
This is the worst place i have ever stayed at chennai.For a 3 Star hotel the amenities are so poor.The shower knob was broken.The shower was rusty and was barely working.I asked for a bucket and cup from housekeeping which never arrived.Room was spacious.The locker did not work at all.A few of the hotel staff are worst with a very bad attitude.Not helpful at all.If you dont know hospitality then why come to this job?I will never again stay in this hotel nor recommend this to anyone.
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
IN
"it was a bad experience!"
It was a bad experience reaching the hotel premises as theres a location mismatch on the Google map which had been our priority while booking so that we stay close to the venue but its really sad to know that a three star hotel which too is a self claim is conning people with a false Google location and wrong address I request Google and the other concerned authorities to take necessary steps in future to avoid the goof up and make necessary changes and corrections thanks for the opportunity to express our greviences through this review option thank you
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Good Location"
Room is ok. AC not at all effective. Have to order a fan
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
u m krishnan
"Pathetic Hotel"
Pathetic conditions, Not maintained well at all, rooms are not very clean. Complimentary breakfast was the most horrible food to eat, it looked like just because they committed on complimentary breakfast something was cooked and kept. Food was Cold and unedible. Hotel staff very not polite, looked like they were all frustrated with their work. Over all Horrible experience, will never go back there
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
Vivek
"Good hotel with bad service"
Hotel facility are good but Room services is not good, Wi-fi was not working at all
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
Neeraj
The hotel is located ideally on 100-ft road with easy connectivity across the city. However, the authorities need to review the facilities and at the very least ensure water taps and WC works well. Also, the door knobs and other fittings need urgent renovation.
4 night trip Dec 26, 2013
OnlineObelix
"Great disappointment"
It was a great disappointment. The rooms were not cleaned, had to tell the hotel to change the room due to cockroach in the the bed which staff could not do anything. Hot water was not available. Shower was rusted. Can not talk about it anymore. HOPE THE MANAGEMENT WOULD TAKE CARE OF THE SAME.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2013
Designer
"Not up to the mark"
Not enjoyed
1 night trip Aug 15, 2013
Dhanabalan
"COMFY ROOM STAY"
BREAKFAST MENU ITEMS COULD BE REDUCED AND MADE TASTIER....RATES CAN BE STILL MORE COMPETITIVE TO ATTRACT MORE BUSINESS CLIENTS....
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2013
MURUGAN
"Vijay park -review"
The room was good,neat and clean. The room service was also ok. Food is ok.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2013
IN
"No good hotel No wonder the rooms are"
poor hygiene. meagre facilities, v poor management, staff are arragant and very unhelpful I would not recommend this hotel for my friends abroad
Other trip Jan 21, 2013
Bella
I am very satisfied about my stay in this hotel.The employees were very courteous and the breakfast was good.Rooms were neat.I would choose to stay here again when I come to chennai
4 night business trip Dec 12, 2012
Dr K C John
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"very good. we like very much"
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
sivah
1 night family trip May 17, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for The Vijay Park Hotel Chennai

"Good Location and Spacious rooms"
07/21/15 RayB47_13 Pottsville, Australia
Overall, our stay was comfortable. The room was clean and comfortable. The service at check in was amazing, however we found that English speaking people struggle to communicate as most staff could not speak English. The food was good but not great. Breakfast in the morning was average and the ambiance was awful as you were greeted with loud music on MTV. The location was great and we had a great experience, just a few little communication barriers that we got over and enjoyed the stay. Wifi does not work in rooms (on 3rd floor anyway). Would recommend for value for money.
"Certainly will not be returning here"
07/08/15 Scerena Colombo, Sri Lanka
The rooms are not maintained at all and has a bad odour. Bed linen was stained and had a layer of dust on it. The bathrooms are filthy and the taps do not work properly either and leaks leaving a wet bathroom. I requested to provide a basic piece of soap which took more than 10 hours and I actually had to come down to the reception, complain, and get it brought down to the reception and take it up personally to my room. I remember reading a review before actually staying here, but didn't really think it would be that bad. I was horribly wrong. it was everything the review said it was. Breakfast has no variety at all. It was the same all five days i stayed here.
"Worst Accomodation"
07/03/15 ArunSelvaraj
What you see from outside is what differs from its inside. Poor room maintenance, poor food, value for money is zero and this is worst hotel i ever stayed. I booked family suite and paid Rs. 7000 and they gave me a ledger for Rs.6000. Hotel staffs are cheating us simply. Please avoid it. Try aryaas (infront of koyambedu) for better hospitality
"Less than ok type"
06/21/15 Sushmita B Chennai (Madras), India
As I alone checked in first they notes as single occupancy though I booked in double occupancy. So there was a prob in breakfast for no. Of persons. Also one person in restaurant was very weird behaving. I dono whether he as any grut or wat. He was very rudely saying only one person' breakfast is complimentary. After clearin all these issues v ordered for omelette. They first said not available. Then we askd as v r ready to pay separately. After sayin tis he said ok n brought. Also the dishes in breakfast wer not tasty at all. Dosa was over by 9am (timing 7am to 10am). Coffee and tea were not at all hot. Coming to the room, bathtub drain cork was not available to close it. I informed reception 3 times to repair it n it was done Ly after little shouting. The room floor was not neat. Full of fine mud. Get became black on walking on bare foot inside the room. Though I had a bad experience, I saw many people booking for party halls. May be they r more concentrated on party halls n left the rooms. Room ambience was good.
"Poor from Cleartrip"
06/01/15 274chandyc Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
On checking in, we were forced to pay a difference in tariff of Rs. 250, which the hotel mentioned they were unable to get from Cleartrip. Had to pay the amount under threat of cancellation of booking. Poor experience of booking from Cleartrip.
"How did they survived 13 years with this service"
05/03/15 VishnuNair Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
We stayed for a recruitment drive and cursing the time we decided to stay at this hotel . The lobby is okay , but as soon as you enter the floors you will be welcomed by bad smell and in room by cockroaches and flys, as the staff is not at all require guest at their hotel, from their attitude, won't feel like calling them at all, luckily I stayed a day had ran out after our interview , worst service I have ever seen
"Organised my Brothers reception horrible experience."
05/02/15 Aravinddt Chennai (Madras), India
The buffet price depends on how you speak.I have booked around 500 plates and we have negotiated for 390rs per plate. But when we came to settle the final amount we met another group to whom the rate was said to be 360rs per plate. If you don't negotiate then you are going to pay 430rs + tax for that worst food. Next point to note is that if the managers promise you to do some thing at the time of booking, please record that in your mobile else when u are going to settle the amount they will speak in a way that they have never met u before.(they promised me to add rice for free).At function hall, In the middle of the event a water pipe line broke out and we couldnt use 20% of area in the hall. Food was very very worst. All of our family members questioned us "Y U CHOOSE THIS HOTEL??". The funniest part is that the guys who were serving the food asked the guests to eat the "naan" completely then only he will give u the next naan. (Who the hell is he to ask so??) I got these review after the reception, else i would have blasted them over there. Overall my experience is very very worst in Vijay park. I would give 1 out of 10 for this Hotel. NOTE: If you want your function to be held in a better way DON'T CHOOSE THIS HOTEL.
"Worst Services"
04/28/15 vgaurav10 New Delhi, India
I organized a meeting in Vijay Park, Chennai on 22 & 23 April but service was so worst that I had to change the venue. Food quality was so poor. No attendant for meeting. Air conditioning was not working. Even we complained to management but they didn't responded. Never go for this
"Poor quality for the price"
04/28/15 Raghavendra P
Expensive. Food is ok.service is bad. Rooms looks shabby.only positive point is central of the city and good paintings in lobby.before staying enquire with receptionist first.if it improve with the good quality room it will be good. No hot water in bath room . After calling to service room man will come with warm water after 10 min. No WiFi for the price want we pay
"great value for money"
03/30/15 Dinesh R Chennai (Madras), India
This is a 3 star property located in the centre of the city just walkable from the CMBT.. Good spacious rooms.. But the look is old.. Ultimately a great value for money..every room has a bathtub .. The food tastes average..