All hotels in Chennai, India
12jawaharlal Nehru Salai Inner, Inner Ring Rd Near Chennai Bus, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600 106, India, ‏‎800-491-6126

Room is not nice
    Food is not good
    Service is poor
  • Value
    Poor value for money
"Stay was not very comfortable."
1. AC was simply not cooling at all. They have a Central AC. In India Central ACs are not well maintained. In this Hotel in particular Cooling was simply not there. 2. Toilet exhaust did not seem to be working. 3. In the Toilet, the Health Faucet is on the left side which is basically a wrong design and is very inconvenient to use. 4. There was TV but without a Remote. There was no Towel provided in the Toilet. I had to call the House keeping 3 or 4 times to get the Remote and Towel etc.. 5. In the Buffet Breakfast, the TEA provided was simply too COLD. When I asked for a hot cup of Tea, the Staff were unwilling and simply did not care. Overall the Hotel is simply NOT GOOD. I would not recommend this Hotel to anyone.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
Mohamed
"Review"
Courtesy of front office staff was horrible!! Will never choose this hotel again..,
1 night business trip Jan 31, 2014
Ramesh.R
"Good hotel short stay"
Not a bad hotel for a short stay near the main bus stand.
1 night family trip Jan 12, 2014
Saran
"Does not match what is mentioned in expedia"
The hotel quality (atleast the room allocated to me) does not match with what one can infer from the photos posted on expedia. The photos might have taken when the hotel was newly constructed many years ago. Room - The booking said I will get a deluxe room with 2 King beds. What I got was a small room with one queen size bed. When I asked the hotel staff about it, he said what I got is King bed. I could not ask him more and it was uncomfortable for us with a child. We had to check in late and the room little stinky until the room boy had to report to duty next day and spray some room freshener. The bath tub had many cracks. One of the taps in the bathroom was leaking and the water was dripping always. In the evenings, you can find bottles and eaten up dishes kept on the corridor by other room mates for the room service to clean up. I have seen they remaining there till next day morning. Internet - They said the complimentary internet was for half hour only. It is not suitable for business travelers. Paid internet is available. For me they took 2 days to arrange for the paid wifi tokens. So I spent 2 days without internet and was not able to check my office e-mails. Staff - I saw 2 types of staff. One set of people are very good and cultured and they appear in the daytime. Other set of staff I saw were not much cultured and they looked drunken at nights.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
Jeba

"Good enviroment"
I stayed here since the hotel is located in a prominent location and it is easier for my relatives to visit me. During lean hours, the Restaurant provided a good environment to discuss a lot over a cup of coffee.
1 night family trip Feb 8, 2015
S. Darius
IN
"By far the worst hotel"
This is the worst place i have ever stayed at chennai.For a 3 Star hotel the amenities are so poor.The shower knob was broken.The shower was rusty and was barely working.I asked for a bucket and cup from housekeeping which never arrived.Room was spacious.The locker did not work at all.A few of the hotel staff are worst with a very bad attitude.Not helpful at all.If you dont know hospitality then why come to this job?I will never again stay in this hotel nor recommend this to anyone.
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
IN
"it was a bad experience!"
It was a bad experience reaching the hotel premises as theres a location mismatch on the Google map which had been our priority while booking so that we stay close to the venue but its really sad to know that a three star hotel which too is a self claim is conning people with a false Google location and wrong address I request Google and the other concerned authorities to take necessary steps in future to avoid the goof up and make necessary changes and corrections thanks for the opportunity to express our greviences through this review option thank you
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Good Location"
Room is ok. AC not at all effective. Have to order a fan
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
u m krishnan
"Pathetic Hotel"
Pathetic conditions, Not maintained well at all, rooms are not very clean. Complimentary breakfast was the most horrible food to eat, it looked like just because they committed on complimentary breakfast something was cooked and kept. Food was Cold and unedible. Hotel staff very not polite, looked like they were all frustrated with their work. Over all Horrible experience, will never go back there
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
Vivek
"Good hotel with bad service"
Hotel facility are good but Room services is not good, Wi-fi was not working at all
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
Neeraj
The hotel is located ideally on 100-ft road with easy connectivity across the city. However, the authorities need to review the facilities and at the very least ensure water taps and WC works well. Also, the door knobs and other fittings need urgent renovation.
4 night trip Dec 26, 2013
OnlineObelix
"Great disappointment"
It was a great disappointment. The rooms were not cleaned, had to tell the hotel to change the room due to cockroach in the the bed which staff could not do anything. Hot water was not available. Shower was rusted. Can not talk about it anymore. HOPE THE MANAGEMENT WOULD TAKE CARE OF THE SAME.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2013
Designer
"Not up to the mark"
Not enjoyed
1 night trip Aug 15, 2013
Dhanabalan
"COMFY ROOM STAY"
BREAKFAST MENU ITEMS COULD BE REDUCED AND MADE TASTIER....RATES CAN BE STILL MORE COMPETITIVE TO ATTRACT MORE BUSINESS CLIENTS....
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2013
MURUGAN
"Vijay park -review"
The room was good,neat and clean. The room service was also ok. Food is ok.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2013
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"very good. we like very much"
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
sivah
1 night family trip May 17, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for The Vijay Park Hotel Chennai

"Again stay at The Vijay Park"
12/27/15 SeemaJain Punjab, India
I am from Punjab and I have been to Chennai twice. Both the time I stayed at Hotel Vijay Park. It is a good hotel and I like to stay here. It is affordable and the all the services are quite good. The best part is that there is a lot of cleanliness in this hotel.
"Hotel was in my budget."
12/21/15 Abhya_Smiriti Navi Mumbai, India
It was a dark outside as our train reached Chennai late at his usual time. Me was with my mami and papa and my 1 yr old daughter richa. Then we saw Hotel Vijay Park and decided to spent night over there. I like the hotel. It had all the basic amenities. One most important thing this hotel was in my budget.
"Nice Big Rooms & Good Food"
12/17/15 Arpit T
I stayed here on an official trip. The overall experience was good. Food & beverages are aptly priced & is good. Staff is friendly & prompt. Close proximity to central bus depot & metro station makes it easy to commute if one wants to use the public transport. The entrance/reception is very grand.
"Very neat and clean."
12/16/15 SubhamJaiswal Mumbai (Bombay), India
I visited Chennai to meet a relative who's been admitted in a hospital. I stayed here four nights and I am quite impressed with this hotel and its staff. The best thing about this hotel is that it is very neat and clean.
"“Very good Hotel”"
12/06/15 amit k New Delhi, India
Everything was good about “The Hotel Vijay Park “like: 1. Rooms were clean and tidy. 2. Service was also very good. 3. Food was excellent. 4. Staff was very cooperative. Each everything was so perfect that I'll like to stay in this hotel whenever I'll visit Chennai.
"Best Hotel"
11/30/15 kumari_Mehak Agra, India
I booked hotel through goibibo and get chance to stay in hotel Vijay Park in Chennai. Hotel was clean as per goibibo standards. Bathroom was good in size and clean. It was very near to Chennai railway station also. Which is again plus point for hotel Vijay Park in Chennai. Food was good. Staff was welcoming.
""Value For Money""
11/19/15 JeevanGupta Pune, India
We stayed here for 2 days , cooperative check in and check out. Friendly staff. Breakfast was fantastic. Rooms were little stinky in odor but this was cleared soon after our request, overall a very good experience.
"“Clean room: decent hygiene”"
11/16/15 pujasvm Mumbai (Bombay), India
The hotel is situated near to railway station. The hotel reception was a little compact but the staff was very helpful and quick to complete the check in process. The rooms were quite nice and neatly maintained. The bathroom was very very clean and appropriately equipped. The towels smell fresh and clean. Food was good. Worth staying.
"“Great hotel”"
11/13/15 nitinkumar123 Mumbai (Bombay), India
Great hotel!!! Very clean with good service and friendly staff. I enjoyed staying here. 4/5 Standard of room..... 4/5 Facilities..... 4/5 Quality of food.... 5/5 Service....... 4/5 Location...... 5/5 Value for Money.....
"“Nyc stay”"
11/06/15 ananya51 Mumbai (Bombay), India
Stayed at Hotel Vijay Park for 2 days on my official tour to chennai. Hotel room was very neat and clean with a supportive staff. Quality of food was good. There was some problem in Wi-Fi but it was solved quickly. Had a pleasant stay.