All hotels in Napa, California, United States of America
7433 St. Helena Highway, Napa, CA, 94558, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"Great stop in wine country"
Great stay, the manager was super helpful, gave us lots of good suggestions about his favorite place to go. The House itself was as advertised -really nice rooms, a little old school which isn't my personal favorite, but is exactly what they are advertising. Jacuzzi was a bonus. Location was great, right near Oakville Grocery. Very comfortable night.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Disappointing customer service"
Oleander has a nice interior and good amenities including a hot tub. It's next door to a mid-range winery and a very short walk to two good restaurant/bars. It would be a great place, but my experience was marred by very poor customer service, which is not at all what you'd expect at a place of this nature. I notified them a month before my arrival of a billing error that was 100% their fault. I received no less than half a dozen phone calls and emails before arriving asking me to make some sort of special effort to work it through with my credit card company. I did call them, but after that my role should be done. I was completely annoyed to arrive and have Vic, the host, mention it again immediately upon my arrival and he did the same thing as I departed. Sorry, but that's unprofessional and not acceptable. I was gracious and said nothing. I had to keave 30 minutes before breakfast, told the host the day before, and he made no offer to have something for me that morning. With improved customer service, I'd recommend. Without it, you can do much better.
2 night trip Jul 13, 2015
"Worth a stay."
We went in the middle of the week for two days. There was only one other couple, and we were given a complimentary upgraded room. The innkeeper was warm and accommodating; the breakfast was straightforward and fine.
2 night romance trip May 26, 2015
"Great location, nice B&B"
Loved our stay at Oleander House. We had previously stayed at the Ambrose Bierce property (same ownership, just north of St Helena). The Oleander is convenient to walk to the Cosentino and Paradigm wineries, as well as Mustards and Brix restaurants. Nice setting and a large comfortable room. Love the breakfast in the morning!
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Caroline
"Excellent little get-away spot!"
This was a perfect little spot. The room was excellent. The service perfect and the breakfast was delicious and great with bacon, freshly squeezed juice, fresh fruit, and a wonderful oatmeal dish (and I'm not a super oatmeal fan but loved it)! It felt as comfortable as home. I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Vic took great care of us.
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
"Super comfortable getaway"
Warm welcome and extremely comfortable room. Fireplace in "Fall" room was gorgeous! Wish we'd remembered swimsuits to try the hot tub. Wine and appetizers was a very nice touch, breakfast was plentiful and delicious.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
"a short drive to downtown Yountville"
Definitely feels like one is staying in a room at a friends house...walls are thin, house is creaky (e.g. when people come & go up/down stairs). Given the price it was nice enough of a stay.
"Great getaway!"
Beautifull place and location, neat rooms and good vibe. The receptions people was very helpfull and gave us a lot of relevant information. Very recommended to book the entire place if your a lot of people, also very nice for couples.
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
Miki David
"Oleander House"
The house is very pretty, although a bit old; needs some touch-ups. Unfortunately, we were on the ground floor, so we could hear people walking upstairs. Erin, the manager, was very helpful, giving us tips about restaurants and things to do. We didn't get to eat breakfast the first morning because we had early plans and breakfast is served at 9am sharp without any accommodation.
2 night romance trip Aug 17, 2014
KZ
"Great Stop Over"
Sketchy but friendly training by trainee Manager. Nice room with balcony and fireplace log ready to go. Wine and appetizers at 5pm enabled us to meet other guests. Breakfast was as close to a continental breakfast as you can get per the Manager, but the freshly made compote saved the standard continental breakfast faire.
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2014
Cliff and Eileen Wilkerson
"Great inn in good location and great inn keeper"
We had very good experience with Oleander house even after we came back home. Unlike other inn we stayed last year in Yountville Oleander house is well maintained and clean. Room was cleaned and towels replaced every every day. Room had LCD TV with a huge screen (never seen screen as big in any other hotel) and as a bonus Direct TV with premium channels. It had a balcony with a glass table and chairs where we enjoyed our late meals with a nice bottle of wine watching sunset and relaxing. Balcony was in the back surrounded with tall trees so no road or any other noise, very private feel. Inn is located in a couple of minutes of walk to two wineries and "Mustard Grill" which is one of the best restaurant I ever visited (make reservation - otherwise wait time is one hour). After we returned back home we discovered that we left some clothes in the room but owner sent them to us next day.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Wonderful Experience"
Oleander House was a wonderful experience! Our room was very pretty, very clean, and super comfortable! It's a beautiful Bed and Breakfast, when we got there you couldn't believe the sight! We felt as if we where in a fairy tale house!
3 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Dany
"Warm & Friendly"
Staying hear was as comfortable as staying with dear friends. Before we even arrived Vic, the Inn Keeper, was looking for reservations for us for Dinner. When we got their the room was beautiful and the bed was amazing. Vic sent us to the Goose & Gander for dinner, one word AMAZING and during the wine and cheese hour we spent time getting to know him and about the house and it just felt like family. My wife and I were in Napa for a charity fundraiser for veterans and made a trip out of it, boy were we glad we stayed here. Great place.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
John D Fink
"getaway"
Very nice b&b. Only advice would be to add blackout blinds on the rooms facing the road as you can hear cars all night and lights shine in from all the lighting they have in the front yard.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
"Cute boutique hotel"
Nice staff Comfortable room The best breakfast for a b&b hotel It's along highway . Only a little hard to find ...small drive way to go in
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
Romantic room, great communal breakfast
1 night business trip Dec 29, 2013
"Comfortable B&B with great breakfast"
My husband and I spent five nights at the Oleander B&B in November 2013. We felt very comfortable from the start after meeting Kathleen, our hostess. Our room was on the second floor at the front of the house and very comfortable. We did not have any problems with noise from the street and slept well each evening. Kathleen prepared a delicious breakfast every morning and spent time with her guests sharing stories and information about Napa and the surrounding areas. Kathleen also was helpful in recommending places to eat and suggestions for sight seeing within driving distance from Napa. We also enjoyed being greeted each morning by Max (the poodle) her loyal companion.
Other trip Nov 22, 2013
Gerry
"jscott"
Great place It was a hidden jewel on the main room. Convenient to everything. Kathleen was a great host. We will definitely go back.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Jimmy
"Great location and stay"
Great breakfast, very friendly host and close to Yountville and wineries.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"Elegantr and comfortable"
We only stayed one night; Kathleen made us feel welcome and serversd a beautiful breakfast.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
Jim and Kathy
Inn keeper was marvelous. Room in the back was quiet. Next door to Mustard's. Breakfast was delicious; served family style with all of the guests sitting at a large dining table; a great opportunity to meet new people and exchange information.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
"Would love to have stayed longer!"
A perfect place for an anniversary getaway. With a winery on either side that you can walk to, a wonderful (busy!) restaurant within walking distance, and a fantastic outdoor hot tub, we would have loved to stayed more than one night. And the hostess, Kathleen, was wonderful. Made us feel right at home and the food was delectable. The house was easy to find and right in Napa Valley. If we ever make it back to San Francisco, we will definitely stay here again!
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2013
Emory & Lori
"Cozy bed and breakfast"
Kathleen, the owner, makes you feel like a guest in her own home. Very charming and close to many vineyards.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2013
Tyler
"Loved our stay"
Great time in a great location. The hostess was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast delicious. The room was spacious and clean. Would recommend this B&B to anyone!
3 night romance trip Jun 6, 2013
JennyH
We would stay there again.
1 night trip May 9, 2013
"Great base for a wine tasting weekend"
Location great for a Napa Valley wine tasting weekend. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The full breakfast is delicious and the family style serving at 9 am promotes meeting new and interesting people. Ask the owner about the nearby running walking path on nearby rural road along the river. The rooms in front of inn can be affected by noise from highway but earplugs are provided next to bed.
2 night trip with friends Nov 30, 2012
"Perfect for couples"
Lovely hostess, fantastic home cooked breakfast and lovely surrounds. Close to some excellent vineyards (Mondavi, Opus One, Grigch Hills etc.)
Other trip Dec 4, 2012
Christopher
"Weekend Trip"
Very nice owner who prepares a great breakfast, an excellant location and a comfortable room. The only item in immediate need of some attention is that it needs a little facelift. Otherwise an excellant stay.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2012
Brad

"beautiful"
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Great location and were very well looked after. Great host.
2 night romance trip May 12, 2015
Lesley
Everything was great
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2013
Absolutely superb accommodation and a breakfast to die for. thank you Kathleen
2 night trip Jul 20, 2012
Christine

"Good location and great breakfast"
Great little b&b with friendly staff and amazing home cooked breakfast everyday at 9. We used it as a base for wine tasting and fhe location is ideal. The only issue was that our room was a bit too cold.
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
Joel
SE
"Eines von vielen B&B im Napa Valley..."
Das Haus ist gut ausgestattet. Es liegt allerdings an der stark befahrenen Hauptdurchgangsstrasse des N.V. Der Service ist unpersoenlich (Manager - kein Inhaber) Das Fruehstueck ok - aber nicht mehr - fuer den Preis!
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Anna
DE
"立地最高!!"
三泊しました。オーパス、モンダヴィ、シャンドンどこも車で10分以内とナパ初心者には最高の立地です。また、それ以外にも有名ワイナリーがどこも近いです。期待していた朝食は美味しかった!!シャンパンブレックファーストと書いてあったので朝からシャンパンだと期待していましたがヨーロッパ式朝食の勘違いかな?ありませんでしたが、外に出ればいくらでも飲めますしね。9時からなのですがお願いすれば早く出してくれるときもあるようですが全て手作りなのであまり無理をお願いしない方が良いでしょう。全員同じテーブルでの朝食は英語ができないとちょっと苦しいかな。でもどこのワイナリーに行ったよ、とか、おすすめレストラン情報交換など簡単な話なので面白かったです。夕方はワインとナッツなどが小一時間位置いてあります。お水やお茶やコーヒーはいつでも自由に飲めます。夕食は隣のレストランがかなり美味しかったです。高いのと混んでいるので待つのが難点ですが滞在中一度は利用をおすすめします。それ以外は夕食は車でないと行かれません。次回も泊まりたいです。とても良かったです。
3 night trip Sep 14, 2014
JP
"Ruhiges nettes Hoel"
Freundlicher Empfang ... Zimmer mit Terrasse und schöner angelegter Garten .Tolles Frühstück ...sehr zum wohlfühlen wie Zuhause ...Sehr persönlich ...
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
sandra
DE
"Perfect"
A perfect combination for a pleasant stay.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
Wilhelm
2 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"close to area of interest"
4 night trip Dec 26, 2013
BR

TripAdvisor reviews for Oleander House and Garden

"Disappointing customer service"
07/18/15 GuitarKing Indianapolis, Indiana
A disappointing experience. It has the potential to be quite nice, but customer service needs improvement. They made a billing error (100% their fault, which isn't in debate) and I informed them about it a month in advance. I received at least six calls and emails before arriving, asking me to go out of my way to reach out to my credit card company. Sorry but that's your job. I did assist, but the continued calls were annoying. I was very disturbed when Vic, the hist, mentioned it immediately upon arrival, and AGAIN when I left. I'm there to have fun, not to be harassed about $25 (I'm not kidding). Further disappointment when I informed the host I had to keave 20-30 minutes before breakfast, and there was no offer to have something prepared. Good potential but needs improvement with service. Location and condition are good. Road out front a bit noisy.
"Oleander House...outstanding."
06/19/15 Brinkley T Reno, Nevada
Our stay at the Oleander House was more than delightful. The beds were like sleeping in clouds. The breakfast was a wonderful presentation and a delight to enjoy. A warm welcome from the staff topped it off. We will be repeat guests!
"Excellent bed and breakfast"
06/14/15 mikesingh11 Toronto, Canada
We stayed at this bed and breakfast in May and absolutely loved it. Vic was extremely hospitable and an excellent chef. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable with many excellent restaurants and wineries in close proximity. We would definitely stay here again.
"WONDERFUL!"
05/26/15 Nethco Kent, United Kingdom
I would thoroughly recommend a night or two at the Oleander House in Napa. Great accommodation and wonderful home cooked breakfast. Ideally situated to explore the area. Great views across the landscape.
"Cozy Bed & Breakfast"
05/13/15 FrancescaN000 San Diego, California
We have stayed at the Oleander House for the past three years for an event we attend annually in Napa. It's the perfect location, with a gracious host and cute cozy rooms. Breakfast is fantastic, and the rooms and beds are perfect! Will continue to repeat our stay here annually.
"unforgatable memories"
04/06/15 Mizan2014 Atlanta, Georgia
This was my first time stay at a B&B - super clean and very friendly service. Place is very beautiful and it is surrounded by several huge wineries. Breakfast was fantastic - everyone was asking for recipe. We also got many useful information about the wineries and amazing restaurants.
"Charming B&B in Walking Distance to Yountville"
03/25/15 Michael T
My girlfriend and I stayed at the Oleander House for a long weekend getaway to Napa. We were greeted with a warm and welcoming smile by the innkeeper, which set the stage for the remainder of our stay. We stayed in a very comfortable room upstairs with a private balcony, fireplace, HDTV, and all the necessary amenities. The bed was very comfortable! Despite some of the other reviews, we did not experience any issues with noise or privacy. The inn provides a daily happy hour with free wine from a winery that is located behind the house. French press coffee is also available when you need it in the sitting room upstairs. A delicious breakfast was served downstairs each morning, giving us the energy we needed for many wine tastings! Vic, the innkeeper, was extremely friendly and helpful in providing tips on the various wineries (we highly recommend Alpha Omega and Del Dotto). Two of the best features of this B&B are the fact that it's located next door to Mustard's and within walking distance to downtown Yountville. We highly recommend the Oleander B&B!
"Much needed getaway"
03/20/15 Roderick L San Francisco, California
After a day on the road, and roaming Napa sites, it was wonderful to relax in a comfortable den, pull a mini French press pre-filled with coffee (not just some garbage filler stuff, but good tasting), fill some tea for my wife, and turn on a back massager while my wife used the in-house laptop to take care of some emails. We had the Summer room, which came with a fire place, so why not try a romantic evening by fire light? I threw in a match on the crumpled paper waiting beneath the log, took advantage of the thick, soft bathrobes to get comfortable, and quietly sat with my wife with our mugs in hand. I don't recall the last peaceful moment like this in years. In the morning, we sat on the quiet balcony until breakfast was served. The food was good, and we enjoyed meeting and sharing stories with the other guests. Our stay was a wonderful experience.
"Next to Mustard Restaurant"
03/17/15 allyurwishes Ontario, Canada
We had a large, clean room on the second floor, with a balcony overlooking the fields and forests. The Oleander B&B is located between Yountville and St. Helena, set back from the main highway between these 2 towns. Breakfast was a freshly made dish, with fruit or yoghurt ro begin, as well as juice and coffee or tea. Very nice breakfasts. Unfortunately, the building is not a quiet place so if you are a light sleeper this might not be the best place for a good sleep. To be fair, it is generally quiet, but the building seems to amplify any sounds that do happen.
"Relaxing"
02/24/15 Cris L Finksburg, Maryland
Great B&B, Great Innkeeper ! Incredible breakfasts, wine hour everyday at 5pm. Very comfortable rooms. Definitely recommend this for your Napa Valley visit. Added bonus is the winery next door and Mustards restaurant two doors down.