All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
340 W 40 Street, New York, NY, 10018, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"surprising"
It is a hidden gem in NY , close to transportation, to Time Squares, to great restaurants,to shopping, and yet is away form all it. The room has a small kitchen with pots and pans, glasses, silver ware and a full refrigerator. Next time I got to spend more time there.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Pedro
"Nice hotel near Times Square"
Was a pleasant surprise. Staff excellent. They were helpful and pleasant. The room was very clean. Mini-kitchen. Bathroom also very clean and decent size. All were super for NYC. Had full breakfast bar every day. Tu/Wed/Th (5 pm to 7 pm) had free beer and hors d'oeuvres, enough for a light supper if on an extra tight budget or headed out to a Broadway show.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Vacation trip."
This hotel is conveniently located in Midtown. In general, it is a decent hotel for the money. It was nice to have a place with breakfast and evening reception a couple of nights. Room was not large but bigger than most NYC hotels. Be aware, the elevators are not large and a bit slow. Overall, if you are looking for a value vs luxury this is a good bet.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Big D tourist
"Good Value"
Hotel was a particularly good value, and was good at meeting my location needs. My only concerns were slow or inadequate elevator service and a rather crowded and chaotic scene at the free breakfast service. Other guests were pushy and rude and there was inadequate space in the breakfast areas.
6 night family trip Feb 25, 2015
Stephen A
"Mediocre"
You really get what you pay for. The rooms are dark and the linens are old. The cleanliness is ok. We wanted a hotel with a kitchen and it worked for that reason only. They don't have room service, but you can order food from places around the neighborhood. The breakfast is ok, nothing special. Make sure to get there early or you won't find food. We travelled with our 3month okd baby and let me tell you, the crib they sent us was disgusting! We sent it back. And, as other reviews mention, the elevators are the worst!
3 night family trip Mar 2, 2015
Eugenia
"Awesome stay"
awesome hotel the stay was awesome breakfast was great and the happy hour was awesome Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday there's a pizza place only two doors down which has great pizza for $1 the hotel is close to everything and a great location
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Rose
"Nice Location, comfortable rooms but not completel"
Like I said In the title it's a good location, front lobby staff is friendly comfortable rooms but not completely clean. I found a dirty sock and a used glass underneath my bed, how the cleaning crew missed that is beyond me. Also one of the maids opened the door to the room without knocking and was eating a yogurt saying she was there to clean the dishes. It made absolutely no sense because we had just arrived to the room and there was no dirty dishes, we'll except for the one glass I found under the bed. Also we had to take the stairs every morning because they only have three small elevators and u have to wait for an extremely long time for one, on the bright side we got a good excersize walking down twelve floors.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Jacob
"I would stay here again!"
I really enjoyed staying here! The room was comfortable (although the refrigerator was a bit loud during the night), the breakfast was always delicious, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The location is the only downside - it's not bad, but there are some shady characters looming because of the bus stop and medical center nearby. I would definitely stay here again.
4 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
Adriana
"Very nice hotel"
Very nice hotel and excelent localization, just around the Times Square and Broadway!
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
edmilson
There was construction on the street in front of the hotel but they can't help that.
4 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
gina
"Nice size room close to Javits."
Was in NY for a trade show at Javits. Hotel is very close. Very comfortable hotel, very clean and staff was incredibly nice. Lots of construction around hotel, but that is NY. Would certainly stay here again.
2 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
robin
"Perfect Hotel in a great location...."
Great experience, well located, complete kitchen with full size fridge..very good mattress ( did not missed mine) and a great staff (specially Maria and Jamie)..excellent breakfast, clean rooms with shower...in one word: perfect Hotel in New York 3 blocks from Times Square.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
peter
"Clean hotel with all the comforts."
this hotel is very clean and modern. Our room was very quiet and comfortable. We Stayed one week and had plenty of room for all of our clothes.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
joan
"GREAT hotel with a GREAT location"
Great hotel, great staff with killer free breakfast.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Eddie
"Loved it!"
Loved this hotel from the breakfast to the location. I would recommend this to anyone.
7 night family trip Feb 8, 2015
Great staff. Clean rooms. Nice bed. Nice location. Nice breakfast.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Cristin
Travelling with 3 adults and one child, two rooms for 4 nights. The hotel was easy to find, and we were very happy with how close it was to the subway and Times Square. Very easy to walk to many locations from this hotel. The breakfast was great, a little busy but the staff worked hard to keep up with the demand! The hotel was very clean and the staff were all very helpful! The housecleaning staff were amazing, our room was always fixed up so well when we would return for our days of sight seeing, and they were very helpful. We had a problem with our tv not getting all the channels, but the problem was fixed immediately. Overall, we would be more then happy to stay at this hotel again, we had no complaints! Great hotel with generous room sizes, especially for New York City.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
I been in the hotel for 6 nights . the hotel in times square and near to the exhibition center. breakfast and room and facilities are very good
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Would stay again!"
Great hotel at a great price! The breakfast Buffett was good and Saved us money dining out. The room was very comfortable and couldn't hear any outside noise. Elevators were slow so I would recommend a lower floor. Overall, great experience!
4 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
Great location, great view and friendly staff. I will definitely go back in the future.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Staybridge Suites NYC"
Room was very nice. 30th floor with lovely view of Times Square. Beds very comfortable with pillow top mattresses and 2 types of pillows. Large tv, free wifi quick and easy. kitchenette, we didn't cook, but it was handy to have the fridge and microwave. my husband and I aren't too tall and the shower head was so high that it was hard to adjust. during the week there are free soft drinks, coffee, fresh fruity water and happy hour with free wine beer and snacks. Fridays they stop that but there is still coffee and water. Breakfast was adequate with scrambled eggs, 1 choice of meat (shaved ham or sausage patties) and several toasters to toast your own bread, English muffin or bagel. Cereal and oatmeal also available, as well as milk and juice. Some fruit. We would stay again.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Krisy
"Nice hotel right off the Lincoln Tunnel on 40th ST"
Very good and busy Breakfast buffet alternating the choices every other day. Nice Hotel in general. Staff wasn't the most helpful (2.5 hour wait for towels to be brought to the room and we just called and cancelled the request and went out to dinner) but I felt that was tied in with buying the rooms via a hotel discount web site and not directly. They have 3 elevators and 10 rooms per floor, 32 floors. Lots of interaction. 15 minutes walking distance from Time Square. Close to subway transit in all directions. Would still go there again as the location was pretty nice right beside the bus terminal. The shower was the biggest draw back. The square showers leaked like crazy. The hard ware attaching the doors has holes built in and even putting the shower head facing the left most wall, water still soaked anything on the floor. Terrible terrible shower design but space is at a premium. The shower is all glass so no one else can be in the bathroom with the person using the shower. The bathroom door shows silhouettes as its a fuzzy glass too and though you can't see through it very well you can tell if someone is nude, using the bathroom, etc. Little fridge, stove top with 2 burners and dishwasher was in the room, compact but manageable. Still I would go back to this hotel as the over all experience and location was nice and convenient.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Good location, trendy place"
Within walking distance from Javits Center, Times Square, Penn Station, and Restaurant Row. Enjoyed the personal service and attentive staff (Maria was swift in the breakfast room allowing clean tables ready for the next guest's comfort). Rooms are modern, beds extremely comfortable, kitchenette completed the package.
2 night business trip Jan 31, 2015
"Times Square"
This was a surprise long weekend trip to NYC for our family. The hotel was within walking distance to tour buses. It had a free breakfast. The rooms were nice and the beds were comfortable. We stayed on the 32nd floor with nice views of the city.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Christine
"best hotel to stay in NYC"
Loved it...the room was beautiful and the kitchenette was great. saved money on eating out. will stay again
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Great hotel, great location, great price!"
Minutes away from everything Manhattan has to offer. The room far exceeded our expectation. Will be going back again.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Enjoyed our stay!"
Great stay -- the king-sized bed was nice, coffee maker in room too -- something I don't always get in NYC. Very handy to the theater district -- and the breakfast buffet (complimentary) was nice too. We got in on the Happy Hour on Thursday evening -- great snack to hold us over as we were heading out for a play. Definitely will return.
1 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
"Stay bridge Suites"
Very convenient location...taxi stand around the corner....free breakfast was good !
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Lynne
Everything was great! Hotel staff was responsive and helpful. Everything was very clean, and we really enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Staybridge Suites is a great hotel in NYC--"
This hotel was a great find with such a reasonable rate of $119. Extremely friendly and professional staff. We had booked a King Suite but they upgraded us to two doubles when they saw we brought our son and they put us on the 21st floor so we had a nice view as well. The room was extremely clean and modern with an actual kitchen--dishwasher/full size fridge, microwave and two burner stove. I can see how that would come in handy if you were staying longer than one night. The location is excellent; just a short walk to everything. The room includes a full breakfast which was crowded but still a nice value. We had no issues with the elevator as other reviewers mentioned and, although not on the most attractive street, it was safe and busy as other hotels are there too. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so they suggested we have a cocktail at the Beer Authority three doors down. That is a great and inexpensive spot to have lunch and watch a game. The hotel also has free laundry services for their guests. Since it was pouring when we arrived, it was a nice touch to tumble dry our coats before heading out. I had never heard of this hotel before, but I know we will search out Staybridge Suites again when planing a trip to NYC.
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
NANCY
"Definitely a bang for your buck"
I've stayed in New York before and find the rooms very small but the rooms were spacious with a kitchenette. I love free hot breakfast especially when its good. Social hour was ok I wish the food selection was a little better but I cant complain its free food and beer and wine. I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone who's going to be in New York.
3 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
Chenelle
"Great value."
Lovely place. Greeted by guitar playing, singing staff. Amazing breakfast. Good sized room with full kitchen facilities.
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"cozy"
Needed a place to stay for my travel to NYC and i found this place. The room was nice and cozy. It was a little small but bigger compared to other hotel rooms in the city. I chose this hotel because I was able to take advantage of a great deal. Overall, I recommend it to anyone.
1 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
"A wonderful hotel!"
We reserved our room in advance, and the check-in time was 4PM originally. But we arrived at hotel 7AM, and we were supposed to wait for our room. However, the really nice and kind staff of the front dest allowed us to enter the room! Their services were so good, and the breakfasts were also excellent! The room was clean and comfortable. We had a really nice vacation in the hotel. I am satisfied with the hotel and want to recommend to my friends!! I appreciate for the front desk man!!
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Song
"Great location! Close to Times Square"
Fun times. Fun times. Fun times. Fun times. Fun times. Fun times.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Trebor
"Awesome experience- GREAT price!"
Perfect location. Literally a few blocks from the Lincoln tunnel, Times Square, and Madison Square Garden (which is why we were there...) Breakfast was crowded but, good. The room was impressive for such a good rate! Only downside (if I even dareto give one) was you had to wait for the elevator at prime times for upwards of 5 minutes...
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Christine
"Nice stay at Staybridge Suites"
Hotel was very nice and close to everything we wanted to see. Hotel staff was very nice. Had a problem with a noisy heating unit and they fixed it promptly. Evening Happy Hours and breakfast were good.
2 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
"As big a bargain as you find in New York"
This place is terrific. The room size is larger than average for this price with a full kitchen. It's only a few blocks away from the theater district, which was my main interest.I thought everything about the hotel was excellent. You just have to be forewarned that the neighborhood is not exactly 5th Avenue. There's a parole office a bit up the street and the variousStreet people that congregate around the Port Authority bus terminal which is across the street
4 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2014
harvey
"Great for a short stay."
Just stayed one night. Saw a play. It was clean, which was all I really cared about. Elevators very slow. Selections for breakfast buffet was pretty large. And cheap! for NYC.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Overnight stay"
Nicest hotel I have ever stayed in in Manhattan! Clean, comfortable, spacious and near all the action!! We'll be back!!
1 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
Wendy
"Great hotel with excellent rooms"
The lobby is small but expected for New York. The room was amazing, with a great big bed, huge TV, nice kitchen and full size fridge. The staff were very courteous and helped with any requests with a great attitude. Business center lets you print for free and complimentary breakfast was great.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Enjoyed my staying in New York"
Great location to Broadway/Time Square. Free Wifi and Free breakfast (6:30-10am). I highly recommend the hotel. But, for your information, they have lousy elevators and small shower booth!
3 night trip with friends Jan 6, 2015
"great energy vibe of hotel"
wonderful stay first time .we go to NY about 8 times a year on bizz. use to stay on upper west side .never wanted to be in time square area with all the noise and crazies. the location was perfect for us being we work in garment district plus far enough but close to times square. lots of foreigners whom we spoke to during free happy hour ( wine was horrible ) food was great . great energy vibe the minute you walk in rooms where very well laid out and compact and new . wonderful kitchen galley etc .perfect place to stay also has free hot and cold breakfast ( very crowded though) 9th st has wonderful small local restaurants to choose from.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
barry
"Close to Times Square"
I went with my daughter and we had a great stay at your hotel. The room was a little small, but to be expected in New York City. The people at the desk were nice and helpful. It was a short walk to Times Square.
4 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great stay. Just what we needed."
The room was clean and what we expected. We love having a fridge, sink and microwave available in our room. Location is convenient to Penn Station and Times Square.
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
jack m
"Great place"
Everything was good. Bathroom shower too small and the shower wasn't covering the whole body (room 1702) so that was awkward. Everything else great, I read reviews about slow elevators, I didn't notice any big problem at all.
2 night trip Jan 4, 2015
Konstantinos
"Don't stay"
Not prepared well, old, not organized, need remodeling, employee s are OK, equipment are terrible...will change the hotel
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
businessman
"Very Clean and Nice Hotel"
This hotel was only a few blocks from Time Square. The rooms were very clean and it was nice that they have a kitchenette. My only complaint was that the elevators were a little slow and the pillows were a little hard for my taste, but others may like a firmer pillow. The staff was very accommodating and helpful whenever a question needed to be answered or I need something. I would stay here again and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting NYC.
3 night business trip Jan 1, 2015
Christine
Good Location. The biggest issue is that the common facilities are not equipped to handle the number of guests. The elevators, meeting areas, breakfast areas, lobby, etc. are too small to handle total number of people. The staff was very friendly and professional and did their best to manage the crowds.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Great location and value"
Stayed for one night and made selection based upon location (next to Port Authority buses and Times Square) and price (about $150) and amenities (breakfast and happy hour with all sorts of food and beverages). Dan at the front desk was extra-helpful for check-in and all of the other staff members were very kind and busy keeping-up with the many people taking advantage of the meals provided. You may need to leave some extra-time to wait for an elevator during high-use periods. An overall wonderful experience given the convenient location!
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015