All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Bring pillow"
Bring own pillow. The beds old and soft (thin mattress). Only one elevator working hotel staff on campus very nice students. Glass in parking lot which was a walk to the campus room. Air condition not working. Great location on college campus Too many elementary students students on floor but their teachers made sure they kept noise down. Bring your own pillow
3 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Algonquin College"
Our stay was excellent. The only problem was that the shower had terrible water flow and there was no hot water, luke warm to cold at best. Perhaps it was the large group of grade 8's that used all the water. However, get a bigger water heater!!!
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
"Very affordable for a family."
The guest internet does not connect. Rooms are pretty run down but it is a residence after all. Good price for a two bedroom place to sleep. Great for larger families who don't want the frills.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Not worth it."
The bed and bathroom were clean. The carpets were disgusting. The wallpaper was peeling off the wall. It's quite the trek from the parking lot to your room, so beware if you have a lot with you.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
"Great price for no frills"
Second stay for our family of 6-9 adults ( first stay several years ago for Canada Day) Recent stay: ....quick & EZ check in...front desk staff helpful.....great FREE parking ........Great Fair Trade coffee for purchase on site....WiFi & AC poor....location great as grocery , great variety of restaurants & shopping in very EZ walking distance.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Joan
"Good for the price"
The room was clean , it was good for a couple of nigths stay. It's good if you don't mind a room with no frills.I would stay there again for one or two nigths.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
carlos
"Good value for the price."
We reserved 5 suites for business purposes and were satisfied; good value for a low room rate. The rooms were clean for the most part, although one of our guests found a used towel hanging behind the bathroom door.
3 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Janet
"DIRTY and DATED"
Dated dorm room. The carpets need to...now! The students and the guests are at risk. Don't waste time cleaning the carpet...rip I out and burn it. Perhaps some rooms should just not be rented at any price to the public. I would rate this no higher then a hostile or single mans shelter. Where is the pride?
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Sven
Below acceptable
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Mohammed
"I could not say was good."
It will be better to teach about good service to your housekeepers. They are looks like student of Algonquin college and wasn't very present during when I stay. And I never saw hotel have to walk 3 minute from room to elevators. If residence want to get more peoples, it could be better renovation or build new elevator.
2 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
"Spread out your stuff & take off to enjoy the city"
Terrific value - it's a hang your hat venue on the Algonquin College campus. Therefore, expect a spartan dorm room. The plus here is spaciousness and private rooms off the kitchen bathroom areas (both of which are large) for less than the price of a two bed single hotel room. It's quiet, safe and well-located - an easy, quick drive into the centre of town with 417 access just down the street.
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Bruce
"Relaxing weekend."
Was for a hockey tourniment ane some sight seeing the only inconvenience was that the shower did not have enough pressure as overhall it was verry good for the price.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Walter
"Never again"
WiFi didn't work,staff was rude.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Would have been good without the A/C noise"
Stayed at the 5th floor and the heating/cooling central unit was very noisy (even though my room heating/cooling was turned off). To be honest I woke up more tired than when I went to sleep. Hopefully I only stayed 1 night, but I fell sorry for the students that have to live there. The heating guys must do something about it. Also WiFi is not always working, at busy times (10pm, 8am..) you can't get a connection. Otherwise the hotel is well maintained and clean, location is good, parking is free , etc.
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
cristian
"Fair price good value"
Poor wifi connection. Other things are good.
2 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
Chi hang savio
"Very happy with this find!!"
I was blown away at the size of the rooms and was so pleased that there was a full sized fridge, microwave, and spacious dinning area in the room we got. I will be staying here again for sure!
1 night business trip May 31, 2015
"Not for me."
Despite having to sign that we would not smoke in the room (not an issue as we are both non-smokers), we entered a room that absolutely reeked of smoke and never disappeared. We advised the front desk but nothing was done. The room was freezing & we had to block the vent. We checked in on Sun. and checked out on Wed. and the room was not serviced during that time. At check-out, I mentioned this to the front desk & whether there could be an adjustment to the bill - I was told maybe, if I talked to a manager, who was not there. I left & have heard nothing.
3 night family trip May 31, 2015
linda
"Good Basic Accommodations"
Very good, economical place to stay. Basic but very good. Very close to downtown area so convenient. Great value.
1 night business trip May 31, 2015
"practical and safe"
The lodging is located at Algonquin College. The room was basically a clean and safe dorm room. The bed was smallish but overall it was perfect for my needs and i would stay again. However others in my group were disapointed because they were expecting a hotel. So take that into consideration.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
"not a hotel and certainly not a conference centre"
it is a university residence with no services. This was not mentioned when I booked it. Also, there was an insect, a bir bigger than a pune seed on the floor. Terrible mattress and aweful thin pillow.
1 night business trip May 27, 2015
Faraj
"Very nice place to stay"
The only negative note would be that the Hotel is actually a student campus residence and it is not easy to find on the campu as we expect to see some sort of sign near the entrance. Since it is written only "Algonquin college Residence" on the sign, you don't actually it is your hotel. Other than that, everything was fine. Clean room, comfortable beds and pillow and big enough bathroom.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Jérôme
"Algonquin College Dorms"
We enjoyed out stay, however, the profile gave us no indication that it was the residence at Algonquin College. It was clean, comfortable. Lots of walking to get to your room. It was amazing value and 112.00 for a 2 bed kitchenette. Great if you just need a place to sleep for a night.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Annette
"It was pleasantly surprising"
Excellent value, spacious and clean
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
PAUL
"Disapointed !!!"
The shower was terrible hardly any water & pressure. The cold air return or fan was too loud & never went off all night.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
Alan
"Good family accommodation."
Great price for a two bedroom suite.
1 night family trip May 18, 2015
PETRICA
"price is the only good thing"
bathroom sink has some hair; chairs are dirty and some are broken; no coffee maker; blinds missed piece.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Catherine
"it was great"
Very convenient and comfortable in such a cheap range!
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
golam
My only negative comment is that the cleaning g lady did a very poor job. Everything else was great!!! Thank you very much
4 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Tindall
"Comfortable place, very clean"
The rooms were in great condition and very spacious. I even had access to a fridge and a microwave, which were useful time. There were no plates or utensils though.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Gabe
"accommodation"
No where in the booking did it say that we were going to be put up in student's residence. It was shabby. Walls had nails and tac holes and needed a paint job. old TVs, wobbly lamps, very noisy. lots of student activity till late at night. No cafe on the weekend.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
staying in a dorm room was cheap, easy at the end of a long day, and had everything i needed. i wish colleges in the states did this. your staff was great and my room was clean, stocked, and had everything i needed. maybe a stronger wifi, but that's minor. great experience and i'll try the dorm room experience again if i'm in canada.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
mike
"Nice Hotel/ convenient location for our excursions"
This hotel suited our purposes just fine. We really only slept there, so it was fine for what we needed. The staff were very accommodating and friendly and when we needed an extra pillow, they jumped right to it (Better than some big chains I've stayed at). There is a large grocery store right next door, so we bought all our breakfast items there and just ate in the small kitchenette in the room (there was a fridge and microwave in the room). Coffee and small items were also available in the store by the main check-in, so that was very handy. The only area that was caused me to give only an OK for room comfort was that the beds are only a double, so a bit small for my wife and I, and the pillows quite small and thin- however, we managed and otherwise enjoyed our stay and would stay there again if we travel to Ottawa!
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
TK
"Good for families"
A bit out of downtown, but we weren't headed there so not an issue. Perfect for a family though, with two separate rooms and a kitchen. Price is right on
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"get what you pay for"
This is not a hotel - it is the college residence. The rooms are a good size and clean. But the rooms are dated and have holes in the walls, extremely small TV, no hair dryer, only direct internet - no wifi. Friendly students at the check in. Parking is free but a bit of a hike. Easy access to the highway and restaurants. Full size fridge and microwave were in my room.
3 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Good price clean rooms. Comfortable"
Overall it was a good stay. The only thing that wasn't made available to us was a password for the internet. Other than that it was great. Good location!
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Gabe
"Great place for a low price!"
The Residence at the Algonquin was better than expected. It was a quiet, comfortable stay. The rooms were nice with the two separate units that had their own bed/tv/desk and door which allowed to be more private. Bathrooms were spacious and overall, staff was kind and helpful.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Sabrina
All in all stay was good but the hotel needs to look into wfi it hardly worked at any time
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"So so"
Had two nights. I was very disappointed at the parking lot. There is a huge parking lot right I front of the building, and you will get a ticket if you park there. You have to park at the back of the building. Although there is just 2minutes walk, if people were inconvenience to walk and if people have heavy things to carry. Not even mention the time you spend walking inside the building and they were repairing the light right in front of my suite. Literally you get what you pay for.
2 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
"Enjoyed our stay."
I was very surprised and happy with our stay. Although it was about a 15 minute drive to downtown, it was well worth that minor inconvenience. The room was clean and the staff was pleasant and helpful. The only downside is that they do have wifi, but it was very unstable and bearly usable. I would definitely stay again during my next visit.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Cheap rate & convenience was a factor. Snack & variety store not always available.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Claudette Gauthier
"Nice hotel hidden in a college."
Hard to find it, but the room was very good for its price.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
jason
Service was excellent
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Good price"
This is the second year . Last year had a free breakfast and closer parking this year there was no free breakfast and parking 2 blocks away. Still will go next year because of the price the staff was friendly and helpful
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
dana
"Cheap in everything"
The price and the bed was good. BUT all the room is having is a fridge, a sink and a microwave, not even a coffee machine or a bed side table. The TV is a 20" and no working Wi-Fi with a cell or an Ipad. Most night I could hear people walking (and shouting) down the hall. The day of the check out, there were staff member behind the counter and one was sitting on the counter (!) and when I had to reactivate my card because there were still 30 minutes prior of checking out, the girl sitting on the counter corrected me saying :"No, you have 20 minutes", how rude !!!
5 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
Lily
"Convenient location in West End"
I have stayed here before. Love the fact that there are two separate bedrooms and a kitchenette. The Continental Breakfast has been discontinued, but Tim Hortons, MacDonald's and other restaurants are only a short walk away. On my previous visits the bedrooms had floor lamps, but neither room had one this time. There were signs up indicating that Algonquin College is in the process of replacing all furniture in the rooms. Free parking with a permit available when signing in.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Not so Good!"
First of all... Had no idea it was a college residence. That was not the problem. The tv did not work in the first room they gave us so they were accommodating by giving us a second room that did have working tv's, however the A/C did not work in the second room! Won't stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Ed
"Close to my social event"
very convenient, value for money. I will come back to his hotel
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"great bargain"
When you get over the fact that you are staying in a college dorm and the large number of kids attending sports camp, this was the best deal we have ever had in Ottawa. Staff was well-trained and very helpful. There is easy access to main highways, good local restaurants, 2 bedrooms and kitchen with microwave and frig. And I see on-line that this program exists in colleges all over Ontario. Will stay here on any summer trips we take to Ottawa in future.
2 night trip Jul 30, 2014
DrJ
"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"
THE BAD: I started off trying to find this place for 10 minutes, the address applies to the entire campus of Algonquin College, so you have to drive around until you see a building that resembles the picture on Expedia. The building you're looking for is behind the retail outlet stores off of Navahoe Drive. Parking is free but it's not close to the entrance, so load and unload your suitcases at the entrance. The room had a strong smell because the carpet was very dirty so bring your flip flops/slippers, I would not advise to go barefoot in the room. While I was laying in bed it's all I could smell. The 'suite' has two bedrooms with a foyer (kitchen with fridge/sink/microwave), there is no common sitting area in your 'suite', if you want to watch TV you have to do so in the bedroom. Aside from the carpet, everything was clean, including the towels, nice big washroom but very poor water pressure for a shower, we were on the third floor. Bring decent soap and shampoo for yourself. THE GOOD: VALUE, if you're looking for upscale-this is not the place for you. It's a dormitory so don't expect much. Very comfortable beds, tons of storage, our stay over the three nights was not noisy but I did notice there were a few large sports groups staying in the dorms, none of them rowdy though and they put them on a separate floor. Excellent service received when my son closed his bedroom door and realized it was locked. The girl came right away.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"comfortable but very weak wifi"
wifi and wired internet both are nearly not available. others are ok. .................................. also oko ok ok location is good. but address is not clear.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014