All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
1385 Woodroffe Ave., Ottawa, ON, K2G 1V8, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"CONSTRUCTION HEADACHE"
There was a lot of construction just outside the hotel on Main street. You could not access the hotel from one direction at all. I found it very difficult to get back to the hotel late one night as I am not from the area. I would have booked another more convenient spot if I had known. The hotel looks worn, carpetc, halls ND elevators, but the room is well kept and comfortable. Coffee in the lobby would be a nice touch to make it more comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2015
Kerry
Overall the stay was good. We stayed 3 nights but no wi-fi..... We had to go to the MacDonald's to get connected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Patrick
"Brazilian Turists"
Great service at the receiption. The only issue the group has was that the wifi was not working. As international tourists wifi is a important tool for us to get in touch with families when you are away Overseas
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
"Great value"
It is a student residence but it was clean and comfortable. A little difficult to find. Quiet. Definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
SCOTT
"Brazilian Group"
Wi-Fi was not working
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
"Decent and affordable"
It is not a luxury hotel but it serves it's purpose - a place to lay my head for a decent price. It is clean and safe. No frills but offers an affordable price to families in town for sightseeing and sporting events. There is a small kitchenette that is helpful for families as well.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
luisa
all good,but it is hard to find for the first time
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
XIAOYU
"clean and simple"
I needed a no frills place to stay, it fit the bill. Other than the internet never obtaining an IP address, it was fine.
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
Shiellah
"excellent"
great hotel, very underated...even has a fridge and microwave
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
sandy
"No wi-fi internet and not informed."
good Except WI-FI internet did not work at all. Front desk knew it but did not tell us. I wasted lot of time trying to connect. Finally, I called them and then said it has not been working for some time: really poor service in this area.
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Kamal
"Quiet, clean and reasonable"
Outdated outside but the room was up to date. Quiet, clean and reasonable
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
DHARMENDAR
"great value, clean, comfortable, friendly"
rooms clean, beds comfortable, staff friendly, rates cheap.. no tourist info on site, water pressure in shower poor, far from downtown but I'd stay there again
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Pretty good"
It was a good stay, not bad actually for the price. I will definitely book here again in the future.
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
Francis
"Great stay at fair price"
It was great, check in was fast, parking Was free and nearby Stayed at Carlton last year and it was Awful all above were bad
1 night trip with friends Jul 9, 2015
It is in a good area of town, restaurants close, security on front desk. Bare bones but clean. Bring own dishes and cutlery, fridge and microwave only
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
"Loved staying at this residence."
I was not expecting much for a residence but was pleasantly surprised. My daughter and I went to visit relatives for the Canada week. We each had our our own bedroom with cable TVs. There was a full size fridge and microwave with a dining table in the kitchenette. There was also a centrally located kitchen on each floor with a stove and oven with dining table. The hotel staff was very good as well. The elevator had broken down but was fixed the next morning. The internet was also fixed while we were there and we did not have a problem accessing You Tube or Netflix. The beds were very comfortable. I am not sure if the beds were double or super single size so it would be cozy if a couple were sleeping in them. Next time I will bring more cooking supplies (pots and pans) and a coffee maker. The bathroom was huge with a shower only and was very clean with enough towels. I liked staying here rather than a regular hotel. I will definitely stay here again.
7 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
"Nice family accommodation"
It was a family trip, for the basics care things the facility offers Was comfortable. Just while tried to register, the # room assigned was occupied, and I wasted 45 mnts to solve.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
ORLANDO
No WiFi at all.
4 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Carrie
Considering the low cost great and close to what we were after.
3 night business trip Jul 2, 2015
"Good place to stay"
It was a good stay at this price. This is school dorm but clean and comfort. Nicely located beside a mall so convenient to shopping.
4 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Choonghyun
"No wifi"
No wifi whatsoever.
4 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
Khrystyna
Is a good option if you don't want spend a lot
1 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Alma
"Nothing fancy, but I'd stay there again!"
A clean friendly atmosphere with lots of room, & simple features. The beds were comfortable, and the staff very helpful. Another perk is the location as it is close to shopping, restaurants and the local transit system. The biggest challenge was access to reliable wifi, as sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. I'd definitely stay there again.
4 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Tonia
"excellent place close to the Capital Ottawa"
Clean rooms at a cheap rate just 15 minutes away from downtown Ottawa. Two individual bedrooms with two televisions, a kitchen and big bathroom were very good. Better choice than an actual hotel!
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
"I won'y go back there."
I stayed only one night. The room was not very clean, especially the carpet.
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2015
Really nice, but hard to find!
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Karolyne
"Inexpensive Student Residence"
This is a student residence with two bedrooms and a kitchenette. It was clean and comfortable and reasonably soundproof from the goings on in the hallway. It was hard to find, but offered a reasonably priced place to stay once found. Would stay again.
1 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
"Bring pillow"
Bring own pillow. The beds old and soft (thin mattress). Only one elevator working hotel staff on campus very nice students. Glass in parking lot which was a walk to the campus room. Air condition not working. Great location on college campus Too many elementary students students on floor but their teachers made sure they kept noise down. Bring your own pillow
3 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Algonquin College"
Our stay was excellent. The only problem was that the shower had terrible water flow and there was no hot water, luke warm to cold at best. Perhaps it was the large group of grade 8's that used all the water. However, get a bigger water heater!!!
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
"Very affordable for a family."
The guest internet does not connect. Rooms are pretty run down but it is a residence after all. Good price for a two bedroom place to sleep. Great for larger families who don't want the frills.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Not worth it."
The bed and bathroom were clean. The carpets were disgusting. The wallpaper was peeling off the wall. It's quite the trek from the parking lot to your room, so beware if you have a lot with you.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
"Great price for no frills"
Second stay for our family of 6-9 adults ( first stay several years ago for Canada Day) Recent stay: ....quick & EZ check in...front desk staff helpful.....great FREE parking ........Great Fair Trade coffee for purchase on site....WiFi & AC poor....location great as grocery , great variety of restaurants & shopping in very EZ walking distance.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Joan
"Good for the price"
The room was clean , it was good for a couple of nigths stay. It's good if you don't mind a room with no frills.I would stay there again for one or two nigths.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
carlos
"Good value for the price."
We reserved 5 suites for business purposes and were satisfied; good value for a low room rate. The rooms were clean for the most part, although one of our guests found a used towel hanging behind the bathroom door.
3 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Janet
"DIRTY and DATED"
Dated dorm room. The carpets need to...now! The students and the guests are at risk. Don't waste time cleaning the carpet...rip I out and burn it. Perhaps some rooms should just not be rented at any price to the public. I would rate this no higher then a hostile or single mans shelter. Where is the pride?
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Sven
Below acceptable
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Mohammed
"I could not say was good."
It will be better to teach about good service to your housekeepers. They are looks like student of Algonquin college and wasn't very present during when I stay. And I never saw hotel have to walk 3 minute from room to elevators. If residence want to get more peoples, it could be better renovation or build new elevator.
2 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
"Spread out your stuff & take off to enjoy the city"
Terrific value - it's a hang your hat venue on the Algonquin College campus. Therefore, expect a spartan dorm room. The plus here is spaciousness and private rooms off the kitchen bathroom areas (both of which are large) for less than the price of a two bed single hotel room. It's quiet, safe and well-located - an easy, quick drive into the centre of town with 417 access just down the street.
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Bruce
"Relaxing weekend."
Was for a hockey tourniment ane some sight seeing the only inconvenience was that the shower did not have enough pressure as overhall it was verry good for the price.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Walter
"Never again"
WiFi didn't work,staff was rude.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Would have been good without the A/C noise"
Stayed at the 5th floor and the heating/cooling central unit was very noisy (even though my room heating/cooling was turned off). To be honest I woke up more tired than when I went to sleep. Hopefully I only stayed 1 night, but I fell sorry for the students that have to live there. The heating guys must do something about it. Also WiFi is not always working, at busy times (10pm, 8am..) you can't get a connection. Otherwise the hotel is well maintained and clean, location is good, parking is free , etc.
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
cristian
"Fair price good value"
Poor wifi connection. Other things are good.
2 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
Chi hang savio
"Very happy with this find!!"
I was blown away at the size of the rooms and was so pleased that there was a full sized fridge, microwave, and spacious dinning area in the room we got. I will be staying here again for sure!
1 night business trip May 31, 2015
"Not for me."
Despite having to sign that we would not smoke in the room (not an issue as we are both non-smokers), we entered a room that absolutely reeked of smoke and never disappeared. We advised the front desk but nothing was done. The room was freezing & we had to block the vent. We checked in on Sun. and checked out on Wed. and the room was not serviced during that time. At check-out, I mentioned this to the front desk & whether there could be an adjustment to the bill - I was told maybe, if I talked to a manager, who was not there. I left & have heard nothing.
3 night family trip May 31, 2015
linda
"Good Basic Accommodations"
Very good, economical place to stay. Basic but very good. Very close to downtown area so convenient. Great value.
1 night business trip May 31, 2015
"Was a place to stay, reasonably priced"
nothing special, but very reasonably priced so expectations were not high. Staff was friendly, but not very helpful when asked about food choices in the local area.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
"practical and safe"
The lodging is located at Algonquin College. The room was basically a clean and safe dorm room. The bed was smallish but overall it was perfect for my needs and i would stay again. However others in my group were disapointed because they were expecting a hotel. So take that into consideration.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
"not a hotel and certainly not a conference centre"
it is a university residence with no services. This was not mentioned when I booked it. Also, there was an insect, a bir bigger than a pune seed on the floor. Terrible mattress and aweful thin pillow.
1 night business trip May 27, 2015
Faraj
"Very nice place to stay"
The only negative note would be that the Hotel is actually a student campus residence and it is not easy to find on the campu as we expect to see some sort of sign near the entrance. Since it is written only "Algonquin college Residence" on the sign, you don't actually it is your hotel. Other than that, everything was fine. Clean room, comfortable beds and pillow and big enough bathroom.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Jérôme
"Algonquin College Dorms"
We enjoyed out stay, however, the profile gave us no indication that it was the residence at Algonquin College. It was clean, comfortable. Lots of walking to get to your room. It was amazing value and 112.00 for a 2 bed kitchenette. Great if you just need a place to sleep for a night.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015