All hotels in Rome, Italy

Bar is awesome
  • Value
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable

"Excelente ubicación y atención"
El hotel tiene lo esencial,nada de lujos, buena relación precio costo para la ubicación, la atención en recepción siempre de primera. Recomiendo ampliamente el lugar. Le hace falta internet en las habitaciones y mejorar las duchas.
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2013
MX
"βολικη τοποθεσία"
Η τοποθεσια του ξανοδοχείου ειναι πολυ βολική,περπατουσαμε για τα παντα. ο ενας ρεσεψιονιστ μιλουσε καλα αγγλικά και ηταν πολυ εξυπηρετικός.Το δωματιο ηταν αδιανόητα μικρό αλλα καθαρό και μπαιναν καθαριστριες καθε μερα.Η γειτονια πολυ καλη. Αξίζει λόγω τοποθεσίας,μην πατε αν θελετε ανετο δωματιο.
5 night romance trip Sep 19, 2013
Νικη
GR
"Hjelpsom og ærlig betjening"
Her får du det du betaler for, og mer trengs strengt tatt ikke. Veldig hyggelig og hjelpsom betjening med gode tips om en ønsker å unngå de værste turistklyngene. Kanskje ikke det mest spennende området, men gode restauranter og kafeer i nærheten og ikke langt til f.eks Colosseum.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2013
Siv
buena ubicacion,buen trato en la recepcion y excelente precio valor
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
ES
"bon accueil et bon emplacement géographique"
Hôtel bien situé et personnel accueillant et disponible
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2013
bernabeu
FR
"Nice, basic hotel - perfect for short stays"
Lovely, service-minded staff who, just to be nice, made sure we got a bigger room when we arrived without extra costs.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
Pieni hotelli, jossa yönsä vietti ihan mukavasti. Vilkkaan kadun äänet eivät kuuluneet huoneeseen asti ikkunan ollessa kiinni ja hotelli on sijainniltaan hyvällä paikalla! Palvelu oli todella ystävällistä ja siivooja kävi päivittäin huoneen läpi.
5 night trip May 8, 2013
FI
Il Merulana star, pur essendo a una stella, è davvero un grazioso hotel! La nostra camera era molto grande, sebbene il bagno fosse minuscolo. Stanza pulita, con divano e tavolino e ben tre finestre a illuminarla! Piccola nota è la mancanza di sapone nel bagno, potevano mettercelo! In fondo un docciaschiuma non costa tanto! Essendo a una stella, ovviamente non vi era un servizio di ristorazione, ma in compenso il bar Brancaccio a 20 metri dall'albergo fa un ottimo strudel di mele!
Other trip Mar 4, 2013
Family trip Apr 18, 2013
Kapa
SE

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Merulana Star

"Reasonable price for good location in Rome!"
07/24/15 chloe w London, United Kingdom
After some research on locations of monuments and places to visit, we decided to book merulana star as it seemed very reasonably priced for the location that it was in. The room was around 50 euros per night, which for 2 people was very reasonable! The room was basic but fine, very clean, tidy and big enough, with a small bathroom which was also kept clean throughout our stay. The room has a minibar which is stocked with fizzy drinks and water, which was good for if you came back without any drinks as they were very good in price (some actually cheaper than shops nearby). The only comment that I would make is that the room was advertised as having air conditioning at an additional cost, however when we asked the member of staff apologised and explained that they do not have air conditioning but they have a 'cooling system' which they actually provided at no extra cost, therefore swung some roundabouts. Not the most efficient but did help to cool the room slightly. The room was also advertised as having a safety deposit box, however the 'economy room' that we booked did not have this option, which was a little disappointing but not really an issue. The owner was very lovely and very hospitable throughout our stay, and although didn't speak any English, you could kind of get your points across in the end! We also had access to wifi in the room which was quite fast and efficient actually, which was a nice surprise as many people had commented on the speed not being great. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, which is beautiful and free to enter - definitely worth a visit. Outside the basilica there is also a bus stop for the open top, hop on hop off, Rome tour buses which will take you to all of the other main attractions as some are close by but others are a good walk away. There are also many restaurants, some shops and bars around which are nice to visit. If you are looking for a budget conscious trip to Rome I would recommend the hotel.
"Average price for good location"
06/05/15 Jeremy S
It's nicely situated, 7 mins walk to colosseum and 5 min walk to Vittorio Emmanuale Metro station which could get you to stations with major tourists sites without changing lines. One of the local reception guys have limited english, but it is made up with his enthusiasm.
"Great Value and Service!"
05/16/14 Allison0710 Athens, Georgia
Alessandro, the owner of this hotel, is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He went above and beyond to help my mother and I with our trip. We missed the last train to Milan on our last night in Rome. We had no where to stay, and it seemed like everywhere was booked. Alessandro spent over an hour on the phone until well after midnight just to find us a room for the night. We were so grateful, but sad that we could not stay another night at Merulana Star! The hotel is clean, comfortable, and close to many major attractions. When I return to Rome, I will definetly be staying here!
"Great location at affordable price."
02/02/14 Franceskys Naples, Italy
The hotel I want to review is Merulana Star. It is a cheap, one star hotel, located at first floor of a building in Via Merulana, close both Colosseo area and main railways station, Roma Termini (less than 10 minutes on foot). It is a family-run hotel; the staff is very friendly and reception is 24h open. There are a few rooms, from single to multiple beds. Every room has a private bathroom (wc, shower and basin; towels are included), a tv, and a safe. Furthermore, the location is amazing: you can get Colosseo, Fori imperiali and San Pietro in Vincoli with a short walk. Moreover, the surrounding area is quiet and safe, so the hotel is recommended also for girls and backpacker. Last but not least, prices are really reasonable: €36 for a single room; €45 for a three-beds room (plus €2 for each person as tourist tax). Neverthless, many things aren't so good: the furniture is quite old and the rooms are slightly narrow. Breakfast isn't included in price (it cost €5). However, for this price you could be satisfied. To sum up, there are more benefits then drawback, so I would recommend it to young people on budget and families.
"Lovely stay when in Rome"
01/23/14 Justyna J Warsaw, Poland
I have stayed in Merulana for two nights in January 2014 and I am really happy I chose this hotel. It was a really good value for money in my eyes. The location is perfect. Couldn't ask for a better one, it is 10 min walk from Termini Train/Bus station and 10 min walk to Coloseum. I admit that one problem we did experience was that the bed was a twin and it was hard to make it into a double one as it was sliding apart and the bathroom could have been nicer maybe but I anyway loved the room and would gladly come back. Biggest thumbs up for the man sitting in reception :) he was so nice, positive and attentive to any question we had. I can warmly recommend this place.
"No English service"
01/08/14 Kat A Helsinki, Finland
We arrived to find out that our reservation did not exist, although we had a confirmation from Hotels.com about it. To make things a bit difficult, the man at the front desk did not speak English, so after some very confusing non-conversations we received our room. However, it was about twice the cost than what we had initially agreed on... The room was "fine". The included breakfast was a joke: we got a small ticket to walk across the street and have 1 beverage and 1 pastry. I have stayed in Rome previously and at least the included breakfast had some yoghurt, coffee, fruit etc. The good thing about this hotel is that it is quite close to the Colosseum. But you are better to find a cheaper hotel, as this one was quite over priced for what you are getting.
"Shocked at first."
06/26/13 NikitaAmrein Canberra, Australia
I am an 18 year old australian girl, I wouldn't say that I am back packing but I am traveling. I stayed at the Merulana Star for 4 nights. I arrived in Italy at CIA airport and from there I caught a shuttle bus into Termini station. It was late at night and getting dark, but I managed to find Via Merulana (the street on which the hotel is located). Finding the hotel was at first, confusing because I was looking for an entrance to any normal hotel, but instead I found, on a gold name plate beside massive old doors, the hotels name and address. It stated that if you are staying at the hotel to press the buzzer that was on name plate. After that I went inside the door, which is quite an effort to open while carrying such a big suitcase. After the first door, there is a second door but that one is a lit easier to pass. That will lead you into the stair way. Don't be alarmed... there is a lift, however the lift is tiny and I was only just able to fit my suitcase in. The lift is obviously old and anyone who has a fear of lifts and is carrying a lot of luggage, I suggest you find a different hotel. Anyway once I passed all that the hotel is the first floor of the building and the man at reception was very nice and saw I was tired so he did quick paper work so I could sit down in the room for a bit and finish the rest once I settle in a bit, which I really liked. Once I settled in a sat down for a bit I came back out and finished all paper work. He then, using his best english, gave me two maps and on one he circled where the hotel is and where all the big tourist sites are. He also suggested the best route to walk and which buses and metro lines where the best to take back to the hotel. I thought this was extremely nice how he tried to say it all in english. But now moving on to the room, well when I booked the hotel I seemed to have missed the part that said this was a One Star Hotel. So needless to say I was VERY shocked to walk in and see all the marks on the walls. It was very off putting, but because I am a 'messy teenager' I guess I very easily saw past that and it wasn't too bad for the price and location. If you were very picky then the following would probably bother you: 1) Mold in corner of the shower 2) Dirty marks on the walls 3) The cupboard is very unstable 4) Aircon and Wifi were each €5 per day That is really the only few things that bothered me at first but I saw past them. The MAJOR 'EEK' was the room key/ security...... the room key was VERY generic and I would say if all the keys were the same then my key probably could have opened every room. As the key was handed to me for the first time I was a little concerned but to make me feel safer I lodged my massive suitcase infront of the door so it couldn't be opened from the outside. The street we stayed on was a fairly busy street and was easily fixed by closing the windows. The room was cleaned daily and the cleaner even lined my shoes up nicely at the end of my bed each day! Over all, this hotel for the price, was really good. I would reccomend for added peace of mind to have a lock for your suit case while you go out of the room.
"Disappointing"
01/10/13 romantic_explorer London, United Kingdom
We travelled in July 2011 and stayed here for 3 nights. The room was very small, cramped and uncomfortable and the bathroom even smaller even by usual Europe standards. For the amount that we paid, we could have found a much better accommodation in Rome. The location was good and at a walkable distance from the colosseum and metro station. However overall a very disappointing stay...
"Good value for the money"
10/08/12 Kevin A Rolesville, North Carolina
The room was just a bed and a bathroom which was right by the busy street. No AC, but considering the price it worked just fine for us as a young couple as we only used the room to sleep. Location was a 10 minute walk from the central train station where trains throughout Italy leave and buses to the airport leave
"Not bad"
08/18/12 __loveroftravel__735 Perth
Hotel was in walking distance from several cafes and a supermarket (handy). room was spacious and clean and had a fridge. wifi and aircon were each 5 euro a day. wifi and aircon is generally free in hostels/hotel so this was not great. when you are a backpackers these extra costs can add up! walking distance from metro which was really handy! no breakfast but that was okay as we would get food from supermarket. area was safe and nice. hotel was secure and trustworthy.