All hotels in Mcely, Czech Republic
Mcely 61, Mcely, 28936, Czech Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for Chateau Mcely

"Beautiful hotel, but sadly not backed up by decent service"
07/13/15 Paul F Cape Town
My wife visited this hotel for two nights with my 3 young daughters aged 5,10 & 12. The hotel is beautiful and the surrounding gardens are lovely. We spent most of our time at the pool which was wonderful as they use a natural filtration system so it feels as though you are swimming in a lake. The meals were delicious, but they were expensive for the quality. My daughters had the venison and were still hungry after the meal as the portion size was very small. The restaurant menu provides very limited choices and does not provide a lighter lunch alternative. They were, however, relatively accommodating to my daughters who are more picky eaters. I do however have some negative comments and this is due to having stayed at numerous 5 star hotels so perhaps my expectations are of a high standard. - No one greeted my family at check-in and they had to wait an hour for their room even though they had confirmed arrival and the check-in time the day before. - There are no meals and very limited drinks offered at the pool - a cocktail by the pool or a nice icy drink is an important inclusion to a summer holiday venue, particularly at a 5 star hotel. There also were not enough towels at the pool and no one around to assist. - Our meal every night took an hour to arrive which is a very long time to wait, especially for children. - The service in general at the restaurant was below standard. Overall I would recommend this hotel, however, the service was underwhelming and didn't match the quality of the hotel and the grounds, and certainly did not justify the expense of the hotel and the food.
"The best hotel & service you could wish for"
07/07/15 Jamie D Prague, Czech Republic
I booked this stu for my wife's birthday and have fallen in love with the place! The staff are excellent and very attentive. The grounds are beautiful, the pool is amazing and I literally cannot fault anything! I casually mentioned my wife's birthday and we returned from dinner to find a card signed by all the staff and a gift! The most amazing place!!!
"vacation while working"
07/03/15 A V Stuttgart, Germany
again the Chateau Mcely team treated me like a king while I was working. If you want to experience the balance of a great hotel, a beautiful garden, a very professional SPA treatment and a service team who can turn your dreams into reality then don't be shy and book this hotel.
"The best I have experienced in CZ ever"
06/22/15 David C Prague, Czech Republic
Chateau Mcely stands appart from others especially by extremelly good and attentive service. While such service standards are often fulfilled in other touristic destinations, I didn't experience it with Czech Republic so far. From the first moment to the very last one you are treated as simply the most important guest of theirs. All staff members are constantly turned into a "yes" mode finding a solution to any request you may have. Specifically: - we had the cheapest room, it was rather smaller, but still with great charm. And served great for the weekend. We rather spent the money for the food and spa :-) The window, however, is rather small as these rooms are in the roof section - We ate both evenings in the restaurant. The menu is simple and we felt like we wanted to taste everything. As a couple over those two evenings we almost did. We were happy to skip the lunch on Saturday as the it would be difficult to make a choice without repetition. Althought, many dishes would deserve repetition, indeed :-) - Spa: My girlfriend had 2 hours and was completely terrified. I took only 1 hour sport massage, more simple. For me as a man this was abosultely enough. We would definitelly recommend this combination. - definitelly make sure you make a tour around the garden. The best part was to just walk and taste things such as many types of berrier. I haven't done so for years and would not expect to do it in 5-star hotel
"Magical Wedding & A place to leave all the cares behind!"
06/04/15 MrsKatarzyna Sopot, Poland
Amazing, relaxing, comofrtable to the limits, with attention to every detail and custom made service, attending your smallest desires and making you feel so peacefull! 10 months ago I started to look for a place for Private, small and intimate #Wedding with my soulmate and now husband:) I've been all over the world, seen and experianced a lot and I love luxury:) I have very high standards when it comes to customer service quality. From the very first time I heard about this place - My sister read about it on a plane - I felt an tick in my heart, so I wrote them an e-mail and from that very first moment they GOT ME:) Everything was effortless with The Chateau Mcely team, they catered to our every need in a very careing and professional manner, but yet it made me feel very special everytime I read e-mail from Mrs Martina Bartova - the AMAZING wedding coordinator! We are based in Poland, so I needed to organize every detail of the Wedding via e-mail, but with Mrs Martina it was smooth and effortless. And the most important thing, she never let us foget that this is OUR DAY and it's most important for us to have a time of our lifes and WE DID! The grounds are beautifull, well kept and peacefull, especially in the evenings you can really drift away ;) Rooms are very well equiped and very comfortable, though we had a bit of trouble with the coffee machine - but still there's an esspresso maching in the room - so cool. Tha bathroom was amazing and comfortable but bit dark. The food - I could go on and on but it was delicious, top notch, diverse and freshly - hand / home made / grown, you could feel it in your taste buds. One remark we would prefere a la carte breakfast everyday. The wine - great choice, smooth and tasty. The Spa - antoher great thing about The Chateau - it's very special, private and allowe you to feel like you would be the only couple in the whole place. The Honey Pavillon - all wooden and rustic style with fireplace and room just for 2 people - makes you feel like you would have your own spa place and outdoor jacuzzie was fantastic as well! Wedding Hair and Makeup - I have special thanks to Mrs Petra - spa specialist who was kind enough to do my hair and makeup for the wedding - I was on 2 trial sessions befor the wedding but nobody could get exactly what I wanted - imagine me on the Wedding Day meeting Miss Petra for the very first time I was so stressed how I will end up to look on My very onw Wedding - but I trusted her and she did AMAZING job with no words needed :) Last but not least - Mrs Martina Bartova AMAZING Wedding Coorditator - if you want a care free Wedding when You as a bride can accually RELAX - go to Mrs Bartova - she had not only cared of every detail but also made us feel like friends, family almost, so we could be relaxed and have everything as we dreamed of. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
"Your own Castle"
05/03/15 AlanR001 Miami
The Chateau Mcely is a spectacular castle, The grounds, the staff, and the restaurant are all first class. Every detail, no matter how small, is impeccably attended to. This was my third visit, and I was just as impressed as the first time.
"Want to be back"
04/14/15 Veramach
We've spent here one night and we had a great time. Chateau is placed in beautiful park with nice nature pool, whirlpool and spa. Dinner and breakfast were delicious. This is without a doubt the best hotel we have stayed in – and we’ve stayed in loads of great hotels.
"Got to get away--Go here!"
04/09/15 Donna C New York City, New York
I spent three nights at Chateau Mcely and I felt completely rejuvenated. It wasn't just the great spa and massage or the attentive staff, but the absolutely stunning setting that makes you feel as though you've stepped back in time (but with all the modern conveniences, we've come to depend on). Even though it was March and the weather was fickled, I couldn't have enjoyed it more. I was inspired to take long, leisurely walks on the beautiful grounds. Upon my return, I enjoyed a warm drink, prepared by an attentive but never over-bearing staff. It was just pure luxe, from the bedding to the baths, from the spa to the wonderful cuisine. There is also something alluring and exotic about being in Bohemia and experiencing it all from a beautiful and warm place like Chateau Mcely. I would really like to extend my thanks to the staff and owners of Chateau Mcely for making this trip an unforgettable journey. If you want to go somewhere different and be treated like royalty, this is your place!
"My first trip alone to Europe/The Czech Republic and Chateau Mcely"
04/05/15 marterhen New Jersey
As I leave Warsaw Airport on my final leg of travel for home to New Jersey, USA, I am contemplating my past weekend of travel to the Czech Republic, City of Prague and the outskirts where Chateau Mcely is nestled. I traveled alone for the first time and found it amazingly easy even though I had a lay over in Brussels' Airport on the way there and Warsaw on the way home. People assisted in all the ways that I needed it and were extremely helpful. Most of all I loved the restful weekend I had at Chateau Mcely which revived my spirit while offering me a restful space that I won't soon forget. The awesome staff waited on me as if I were royalty. They met my every want and need cheerfully and immediately. The chateau itself is nestled in a beautiful country-side surrounded by a decorative landscape of lovely flowers, herbs, trees, a beautiful lake with a great sauna and hot tub and trails that provide a healthy and meditative walk for a weary traveler and this recently retired social worker. The Chateau houses different rooms and mine was called the Orient and was decorated with beautiful Asian décor. The king size bed was comfortable and my windows opened up to the beautiful scenic surroundings. I experienced a fantastic massage by Petra which left me in "La la Land." She uses products derived from the nine herbs and flowers that grow in the area and were carefully crafted by the owner, Inez Cusumano, after her significant research of healthy products. One could also reserve other Spa treatments if desired during a stay, eg., facials, medicinal baths, steam showers, etc. The food served in the ornate but warm dining room is sumptuously prepared with many selections to please any epicurean palate. Wine selections were offered from the Czech Republic and other countries, as well. Our wait staff took time to listen to us and deliver any requests we had. One memorable night a group of us enjoyed the Juke Box housed in the Alchemy Room, a sort of cave like, wind cellar and danced our hearts out to the oldies without disturbing anyone else above us who wanted or needed solitude and quiet. I highly recommend Chateau Mcely for a peaceful, energizing and healthy return to one's balance and homeostasis.
"Business meeting"
03/02/15 ChbX
I got the opportunity to stay a couple of days i.e. also to enjoy the spa facilities and the restaurant. It was really great although not always at the level you would expect from a 5 stars hotel.. however I cannot comment on the price/ratio performance as I was invited.