All hotels in Rome, Italy
Via dei Santi Quattro, 64RomeRM00184Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
    Rather comfortable
    Good internet service
"Great location near the Coloseum if you can get it"
We decided to call the owner when we got in to avoid confusion about timing since we didn't know when we would actually get there from the airport. We had issue calling the owner since we didn't know that you don't have to use the first two numbers of the phone number. Right after reserving the hotel I emailed asking stating that we needed a room w/ two twin beds plus at least once closer to check in. When we arrived the room was made for one bed and luckily the cleaning lady was there and I let her know we needed the beds separated. She was very accomadating and nice. I reserved this B & B for the location with a view of the Colosseum but when we arrived the owner put us in another property that was another two blocks away and no view of the Colosseum. He said it is all the same B & B. We had to walk to breakfast at the other B & B. The breakfast was simple but good with excellent espresso or whatever drink you want for am caffine.
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
JR
It is the easiest to find, an address in the confirmation and directions on how to meet up with host would be helpful. But once we got settled in the place was great! Our host was extremely nice and helpful and even helped arrange transportation to the airport. It was a nice place with a short walk to the Colosseum and the Roman Forum.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Joel
Hotel was in a great location. It was central to any place you want to go to. Easily walk to anywhere (Sightseeing or restaurants). The only thing was that upon arrival, we were told that they can only take cash because their credit card machine does not work. If we were traveling just depending on credit card or debit card charges, we would have been screwed.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
"Just right."
A little hard to find, but worth it. Fast internet (a rarity). Nice and cool after a hot day. Clean. And you can't beat the location.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Balihoo
Room was clean, quite and comfortable. Great location with great restaurants close by.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
"Convenient location"
We had 2 rooms on the entire floor for our family of 4. Bathrooms condition is acceptable. One bedroom has a very heavy sweat smell. Despite the room was cleaned before check-in but the smell was still there. The other room is cleaner. We were charged additional tax of 3.50 euros per person per night the day we checkout and he wanted it in cash. The booking said tax is included in price. It was kinda shady to me but I didn't want to argue and spend time to look for fine prints for few euros and be late for flight. I am note sure he tried to get his taxi arrangement commission the other way by charging us additional tax cause we cancelled his taxi the day before leaving. Overall room is acceptable for the price and location. The owner is friendly but not so honest.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Y
"NO FRONT DESK!"
This hotel has no front desk, therefore you have to call the owner when you arrive. we were delayed out of Atlanta for over 24 hours and had to connect in London. I called the owner from London and explained to him that we would be arriving late and that we were already losing one night's booking. we didn't get to Rome until after 11:00 pm and I immediately called him. the cab driver did not have GPS and got lost, after three calls...the owener got frustrated and did not answer his phone. we lost two nights booking with this hotel and had to book another at the last minute. I would not recommend this hotel unless you are positive that you can make it at a more "convenient" time for the owner.
2 night family trip May 27, 2015
"Call ahead when checking in"
The room was nice, clean, comfortable, quiet, very close to the Coliseum and Forum, it's a B&B which means checking in there is no counter. Luckily the owner is known at the different restaurants, and a waiter had him on speed dial for us.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Michel
My husband and I stayed 4 nights here and very much enjoyed the room! It was a little difficult to locate and is very important to contact the host before arriving to setup a meeting time. The bedroom and bathroom were very spacious and clean. Our room was located close to several restaurants, the Colosseum, and the Metro stop. Fabrizio arranged a private car to take us to the airport for our departure- it made life easy and stress-free. Unfortunately, we booked early tours around Rome each day, so we missed breakfast, which is from 830-10am. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip May 29, 2015
Lauren
"Great location near the Colosseum"
We used this lodging for one night in Rome, to see some of the main ancient sites in the city before heading to Naples. We enjoyed the owner's restaurant downstairs very much, as well as the included continental breakfast which was at the check-in location (separate from the actual room and restaurant). We enjoyed the quiet location above a busy street, conveniently located just a few minutes' walk to the Colosseum. The room itself was surprisingly spacious, after our earlier experiences in London and Pisa. Clean, and good wifi connection, too.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Dissapointment"
The hotel was 2 blocks from the main location where they offer the free breakfast...not very conveinant. You had to call the manager so he could walk over and meet you with the keys. The room was very basic...one mirror only in the bathroom, shower wall torn, two pillows. There was nothing extra offered. The credit card machine didn't work so I had to pay cash and they didn't charge me the tax...the entire operation seemed sketchy.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Christy
I will definitely go back to this place. Good location, clean room and friendly staff.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Nice stay near the colosseum"
Fabrizio, the owner, was really kind. The room was very clean, simple, and nice. The breakfast was good.
4 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
"near coliseum"
I like it it was close to all taxi, tour bus, and attractions. The place was clean and nice. Beds and pillows a little hard. But great.
6 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Excellent location and great staff"
Fabrizio made our stay excellent. He was communicating with us before our arrival. He helped us printing our flight boarding passes and Vatican museum tickets. Breakfast was great with yogurt, orange juice, milk, bread. Location is excellent! Next to colosseum and its metro station.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Felipe
"The 5 stars is for the hotel- NOT hotels.com"
Hotels.com really screwed us over by not giving us the correct contact info for the hotel. The owner did not know when we would arrive, and we needed to be let in (door is locked and once checked in you receive a key) Graciously, the owner Fabricio waited around all day for us to arrive so we wouldn't be stranded. We were on our honeymoon and had requested upon booking through Hotels.com the room with a balcony and view of the Colosseum. When he checked us in, it was in a different room. I asked him why we weren't in our requested room and he didn't know anything about it. I explained that I had told Hotels.com and I was told I would have that room. He apologized profusely and said he was not told anything. Again, he is the owner, but yet Hotels.com did not tell him anything about it. They also knew it was our honeymoon. So Fabricio really went above and beyond to make our stay amazing! He left us a bottle of wine in our room and comped us a dinner at his nearby restaurant. He also talked to a friend of his that owns a cafe with a beautiful view of the Colosseum and he agreed to comp us a breakfast there so we could have the view we wanted. Fabricio was amazing, the hotel was great and in the perfect location. Will definitely stay there again!
3 night romance trip Mar 11, 2014
Our host was friendly, helpful and accommodating. Apart from the garbage cans being located directly across the sidewalk from our room, all was well. We were able to park our car on the street across from the room. We would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Great Location - No Frills Accommodation"
This is a simple but very good option to stay in Rome: friendly owner who prepares a good breakfast, close to most sites, some good restaurants in the neighborhood for a relaxed evening dinner... I don't have much to compare it to from personal experience,but it is hard to imagine a more convenient location with such attentive and responsive owners.
9 night trip Jul 22, 2014
O.D.
The location was great. Walking distance to all the must see sights.
3 night trip with friends May 28, 2014
Kaye
The room was large and very comfortable. The owners and staff are all friendly and helpful. The location (one block from Colosseum) is perfect. A beautiful place to stay.
Other trip May 5, 2014
we arrived in evening and were met by fabrizio. he helped move our suitcases to an apartment around the corner. had two bedroom and two bathrooms connected by a small hallway. one bedroom had a double bed and a twin bed. the other bedroom had a twin bed. heat was not working in any of the rooms. shower in one bathroom had mildew/mold and it was relatively smelly after using it. there was a small counter with a stove top. fabrizio told us not to use it, which was fine because we wanted to sample the roman fare anyway. internet did not work. location is ideal. two blocks from colosseum. we had dinner at the restaurant right under the apartment - it was delicious. on checkout we paid for the stay, which confused me because i thought we had paid thru the website. fabrizio assured me that the website was only to reserve the room and that my credit card had not been charged twice...so, we will see. this place is ideal if you don't want the feel/conveniences of a hotel...its more like staying at the house of your italian family while they are away on holiday.
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2014
AZ
The first problem was that there is no reception so you have to arrange a time to pick up keys. I called in the morning and spoke in Italian. A woman answered and complained that I was calling at 8:30am - so early. I found this unprofessional. She gave me a mobile number and asked me to call 30 minutes prior to my arrival so someone would be waiting for me at the entrance. I called later that evening prior to arrival but due to problem finding taxi, I took longer. The owner called me and asked if I was on my way. Once I got there, the owner was waiting; showed me to my room via elevator and told me where to have dinner. The room was nice however on the street so very noisy due to restaurant beneath. Car alarms went off randomly throughout the night and street cleaning started before dawn. At check out the owner gave me his card and said to be sure to request a quieter room, not on street. Breakfast was very good but bkfst Room was crowded. Despite all of the above, I would return because of great location.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
"Live Where Antiquity Was Given Life"
This B&B was located only a few feet from the Colosseum, steps away from a great grocery store, great restaurants, pubs, post office and metro; it's only 2 stops from the Termeni station coming in from the airport. It was quiet, the bed was great and clean, felt as if I was living in Rome. The staff are friendly and helpful on any questions regarding Rome. An easy breakfast is provided, this location was ideal, walking distance too all the major Roman ruins.
2 night trip Mar 24, 2014
Humberto
"Wonderful Stay In Rome"
My husband and I flew to Rome for a week. Upon arriving we didn't get the room we were told we would get by the owner's wife in email. However, he explained to us that he owns rooms all over the area (all rooms are steps away from the Colosseum). Although we didn't have the view of the Colosseum from our window, we still got a really great room with a street view and we were very happy with it. The triple room we had was large, comfy, and beautiful. The room was cleaned daily and new sheets and towels were provided constantly throughout our stay. Free breakfast was provided daily and the cappuccinos were great. At some point we decided to have breakfast elsewhere for a couple days and didn't see the owner, so he came up to our room to check up on us to make sure we were okay, which we appreciated. Overall, we are really happy with our stay and really enjoyed out trip. Our room felt like our home away from home!
6 night family trip Mar 2, 2014
Antonin
"Clean decent hotel"
I was a little set of from this place when we got there. We were shown a room with the "Colloseum view," but it was not as nice of a room as I had hoped (and this place wasn't cheap!). Also the bathroom was detached from the room. The owner quickly showed us a different room a couple blocks away, which was much better and had an attached bathroom. Location was very convenient the day we wanted to visit the Colloseum and Roman Forum. Breakfast was a little lacking. In terms of cleanliness, I have no complain...it was very clean. The owner also has a restaurant close by....it's actually very good and you should ask him about it!
2 night trip Jan 3, 2014
Kashif Ghani
Overall it was a decent place for the money. The breakfast location was a bit confusing and the food very simple. Would recommend it with some reservations.
4 night trip Jan 16, 2014
The whole package was excellent, other than small improvements listed below we really couldn't fault it. Fabrizio was fantastic, a perfect host! The location was excellent, quiet part of Rome with links to tram/bus and Metro within easy walking distance. Lots of bars/restaurants and ice cream shops! The Colloseum is at the end of the road and from here you walk through the Forum - just amazing! The small improvements i mentioned would include more pillows for the bed, better selection of tea/coffee in the room and clean towels every day. But really these are small in comparison the whole package and certainly didn't affect our stay for the weekend!
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Perfect location"
Loved this bed and breakfast. Perfect location, the colosseum is right there, you step outside and it's visible and a 2 min walk there. 20 min walk to trevi fountain. double bed room was huge and had 2 bathrooms looked newer than others in Italy. Complimentary breakfast. Best place we stayed in our 10 day italy trip. Would defiantly stay here again when in Rome. Recommend. Only thing is make sure you call and let them know when you are arriving because they don't have a reception or front desk on site. We didn't receive that info on booking or on hotels.com.
2 night family trip Oct 7, 2013
Tiff
"Wonderful stay"
Perfect location just a couple blocks from the Colosseum easy access to metro taxi or tourist buses. Room and building right out of a movie all the charm that we expected for our first trip to Rome. We only had two nights but the staff was helpful and friendly and I stress a great location for the price. We were very satisfied with our stay. We had been on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise and stayed two extra days in Rome. We will definitely recommend this B&B. Very clean and the building was full of old world charm.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Apartment, not hotel"
We chose this "hotel" for convenience because we were only passing by for one night and it said they offered a 15 euro shuttle to the airport. It ended up being quite inconvenient because there's no front desk and NO shuttle. The most they'll do is call you a car, which is quite expensive. We got an apartment, not a hotel room. It was large, clean and well located (walking distance to colosseum). It would have been great if we were a family or a larger group of friends. Just wasn't what we needed at the time.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
the only thing that bothered me was that after 2 days we wanted new towels so we put our used towels on the floor but we didn't get any clean towels, instead they just put 3 of the 4 used towels back so we even had less than before (2 small and 1 big AND DIRTY instead of clean) there is also a lot of noise from the street and the last night some asian tourist had a party in his room and made a lot of noise, and the walls are very thin so we couldn't sleep.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
"Large apartment near Coloseum"
The hotels.com site should coordinate with Santi Quattro al Colosseo regarding phone/Internet contacts. The "B&B" is spread out over a few blocks. This isn't bad, but if you are traveling without a phone and have not made prior arrangements with the proprietor, it can be tricky. Fabrizio was great, breakfast good, and the apartment very large and clean.
3 night family trip Jun 6, 2013
"Great location, nice staff"
I loved the location, convenient for the subway and for visiting Roma. Great rooms and service.
3 night romance trip May 6, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Few Key Tips"
The building doesn't have a reception however on arrival there are two restaurants on the road. We said that we are here for the Santi Quattro BnB. Someone from the restaurant called the apartment owner and within 5 minutes he came with our keys. The owner is very nice and before we travelled we notified him our estimated time of arrival and he gave us his personal number so we could message him on the day when we were near by. We checked out in the morning however our flight wasn't till the evening but we were able to leave our bags in the restaurant which was no problem. The location of the apartment is right by the coliseum and next to the metro, everything is within walking distance and you can jump on the metro for further destinations. - The metro is straight forward to use. - Would recommend "La Base" for dinner a great little place for good value. - When visiting the Vatican go to St Petres square first as you can buy tickets for the Vatican museum inside which you can then skip the Vatican queue which takes over an hour. - Go to the coliseum around 2-3 the queue is always a lot shorter Overall a great holiday and an ideal place to stay.
2 night romance trip Mar 30, 2016
Luke
"Ordinary B&B very close to Colosseum"
A bit inconvenient due to the fact that there is no front desk available and check in after 9-30 pm costs extra 30 euros. Also, to get the stored luggages back you have to call/text the guy due to no front desk presence
1 night romance trip Mar 24, 2016
Anindya
"Great Rome on a budget"
A brilliant first trip to Rome. Definately the way to do Rome on a budget as the location was great and only a few minutes walk from the Colleseum.
3 night romance trip Jan 31, 2016
Angela
"pleasant stay"
We had a pleasant experience staying at this hotel. Fabrizio was very welcoming and accommodating during our stay.
4 night romance trip Jan 19, 2016
Not Provided
"Amazing"
Lovely b&b, friendly owner, perfect location
4 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
Not Provided
"Fantastic!"
A very welcoming area and lovely hosts. Will definitely be recommending.
2 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
Lynda
"*Fantastic*"
Brilliant holiday in Rome ~ very comfortable stay in a lovely apartment. very friendly owner and staff, more than happy to give us information on local sites, transport and facilities nearby. very satisfied overall and with a view to re booking for another visit next year.
Response by Santi Quattro al Colosseo
Thank you very much for coming by our b&b. You will always be welcome Regards Fabrizio
6 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2015
Kelly North
"This is NOT a 4* hotel!!!"
I'm not sure where to start on the minus's for this bed & breakfast but here goes. This is not 4*, it is just 1 level up from a hostel. The room I was given was as basic as it could be, the bed was rock hard (think hospital trolley bed), it was dated, the bedspread had stains on it and the shower was useless. The area outside where the pre war lift is was grubby and uncared for. We were given 3 keys; main door, interior door and room door. Just what you need on a weekend break! The lift!! Well it was a mission to get in and out of it and should be condemned. The breakfast was so bad I only had it the first morning after that I ate out as everything was as basic and as dry as it gets. There are no English news channels on the tv and I was told that they only had this in the other sites! I understand this propiertor has a couple of other properties nearby and we perhaps were just given the worst one, however this property bears no relation whatsoever to the pictures I saw before I booked. I did not complain as I was only there for the weekend but suffice to say I will avoid this place like the plague. This is a 2* at best; I have added some pictures of the reality please look at them before you book. One very big plus is that it's a stones throw from the colleseum and the Roman forum.
Other trip Nov 17, 2015
Lu
"Live Like a Local in Rome"
Lovely stay in comfortable and relaxed surroundings. We were within sight of the Colosseum and a short walk from all public transport. The unconventional arrangement of seperate apartments and breakfast room meant increased privacy and the illusion of having ones own Roman residence. The owner and his staff couldn't have been more helpful or welcoming. It was reassuring to know that if there were any difficulty or anything we needed help with he was at the end of a phone and close at hand. With a small well stocked convenience store in the same street we were able to assemble cheap and lovely tasting picnics when we felt like avoiding lunch bills. Wonderful time had by all.
7 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
Christine
"To be honest, average and I am being positive"
Now I dont like negative reviews, nor do I like being negative either, however, in this case I will admit I may be being a bit grumpy in this review. Right, first up, once I booked I got a message informing me there is no reception and to organise time of arrival via email (not a problem in its self). Emailed through details and then informed if there is an issue use whatsapp to message owner to organise meeting at hotel (again not a problem in its self). Meet the owner near the hotel, nice and friendly all good so whatsapp etc. no longer matters, however, we are not staying at the place, we are in a different block around the corner (again, on its own this is not an issue but you are starting to form an impression). Get around the block, no chance of a view like the photos but the owner says it is a nice appartment and it is noisy at the other place....ok.....but it is not that nice....and there is a view of a building site from one window the owner doesnt want you to open, however, you are there to see Rome and you will be out all day anyway.....so the room seems clean etc. the owner leaves you with directions back to the other block where you can get breakfast in the morning, not ideal but ok. When he goes you notice the TV does not work, only one pillow each and when having a shower you notice it overtops (ran out of characters to continue review, but I guess you can see where it is going, also note no access to breakfast (no sign for which bell), I would stay elsewhere)
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
"A gem of a b&b in central Rome"
A gem of a b&b situated in a street 150m from the Colleseum. The nightly rate is excellent. The accommodation is divided into two buildings in close proximity. Breakfast was taken in the'other' building but it felt like going out for breakfast. The breakfast consists of good coffee, fruit juice, toast, preserves, croissants,cheese, ham, yogurts, more than enough to energise you for hard core sightseeing ! The room with ensuite bathroom was very clean and new with walk in shower. There are rooms for smokers and non smokers, access would be difficult for wheel chair users as there are 4-5 marble steps in both buildings leading to lifts. I have some mobility issues but negotiated them without problem, sheets and towels changed regularly. In the street there is the choice of a number of Trattorias with good menu's. Some things to note, if you arrive after 2130 you will have contact the manager who will come out to settle you in, there may be a supplement for this, we had to wait a mere 7 minutes! When leaving the manager will arrange storage at a restaurant for no extra charge and arranged a taxi for us €8 cheaper than the official cabs rates. We would thoroughly recommend staying her for location, cost and the friendliness of the manager and his breakfast staff member. We will definitely return!
Response by Santi Quattro al Colosseo
Thank you very much for coming by our b&b. You will always be welcome. Regrds Fabrizio
4 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
"Owner has heart of gold"
Santi Quattro al Colosseo was a very very nice bed & breakfast for us. The room we were in was freshly renovated. It was 300m from the Colosseum we wished to visit. Easy walk. But most important of all, Fabricio, the owner, was most kind to us and cared for our well being. I recommend Santi Quattro 100%
2 night romance trip Oct 7, 2015
Remi
"Disappointing for the price we paid."
Less than satisfactory. When arrived at the given address (office/breakfast venue, a modified small apartment into a breakfast room, we were then redirected to the actual apartment a few blocks away, dragging our luggage (4 in total) across the roads and alleys. Then having to climb 2 flight of stairs up to the second floor apartment. After a quick briefing on the housekeeping, Fabriola (owner) gave us the key and left us to settle in. The TV/Cable was not working and the owner was not around to ask for asssitance. When we returned to the main address for breakfast (included in the price) we were told that the room was full of other guests and he escorted us to a small cafe restaurant up the street instead to receive our breakfast and left us quickly to return to his breakfast room to serve the other guests. No discussion on what was included in the breakfast menu at this cafe restaurant. The restaurant owner speaks no English. Without much choice we were served only a croissant and a cup of espresso coffee, less than what was expected of a full breakfast. The next day we managed to get a seat at the owner's breakfast room and we received a full breakfast, including cereals, toasts with jams, croissants, cakes and unlimited juice,fruits, coffee or tea. On the brighter side, the location was good, very close to the Colosseum, restaurants and buses.
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Choong Phin
"Terrible first night"
Not satisfied at all, the location is only a good point, will not get back again
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2015
Pittanan
"3 nights in the Roman capital"
Last 3 days in Italy and wanted to enjoy as much of Rome as we could. Location perfect for us. Great views (from street) of colosseum, close to metro, trams and taxi. Walking distance to most places and due to metro strike whilst we were there this was indeed fortunate for us. Hosts unlike some other reviews were friendly and helpful during our stay. Breakfast continental style was at other property two doors down and more than sufficient. Overall this is a really good place to stay and very reasonable for price we paid.
3 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
Carolyn
"Recommend this B & B to all!!"
Location location location!!! Manager of Santi Quattro was very accommodating, friendly and accessible. I would stay here again and would recommend it to all.
3 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
"Positives and negatives"
This b&b is in an excellent location and spacious and provides an excellent base to explore Rome, but customer service could do with work and i wouldnt bother with the breakfast
4 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015