All hotels in Ponta do Sol, Portugal
Caminho do Passo, 6, Ponta do Sol, 9360-121, Portugal, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
    Good internet service
    Delicious food

"I died and I went to Estalagem Heaven"
Everything about this hotel is superb. As a huge devoter of architecture and design, this is exceeding all my expectations. No detail has been forgotten, even the jug the fresh orange juice is served in to the replenishment of the breakfast spread. Staff are happy to cater to your every need. They are discrete, calm and always greeting you with a smile. Rooms are crisp white, bedsheets felt like cashmere. The food at the hotel restaurant is great, there is absolutely nothing that I can fault about this place. It was my friend's birthday and they had organised a birthday cake which was so thoughtful. If I die, i hope it looks and has the sensibility of Estalagem
3 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
ABIOLA
"Beautifully designed hotel"
Friendly helpful staff, beautiful location, great facilities
Other trip Jul 30, 2014

"Nettes Hotel in malerischer Hanglage"
Eine ehemalige Quinta, die zu einer Art Designhotel umgebaut war. Wir hatten eines der Meerblickzimmer, ein Traum! Tolle Sonnenuntergänge, Meerblick vom Pool aus; ein kleines aber sehr sehr feines Frühstücksbüffet. Leider hatten wir eine Ameisenplage im Zimmer und die Parkplatzsituation war schwierig.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Fiona
DE
"Design Hotel not up to the chain name"
Design Hotel with great potential: nice structure, stunning view, good position even if not easy to find (a lift in a small carpark around a bend, no sign) Unfortunately poor care in the maintenance, from the rooms to common areas. Staff speaking too little English and poor soundproofing of the rooms (I woke up with the neighbours alarmclock) On the other side, good and various breakfast buffet
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
msa70
IT
"Fantastisk utsikt"
Fantastiskt läge, bra mat och hjälpsam personal! Något slitna fasader (inte på något sätt nedgånget) vilket med bara en ommålning hade gett ett så mycket bättre helhetsintryck!
4 night romance trip Jun 29, 2014
3 night trip Jan 11, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Estalagem Ponta do Sol

"Peaceful and restful"
02/10/16 heatherbell14 Edinburgh, United Kingdom
We had a lovely time at this hotel, our room looked over the sea and was close to the pool and pool bar, ideal really. The room was spacious and comfortable although the bathrooms could do with upgrading. The pool area was very quiet in January as most guests seemed to go out for the day, this contributed to the peaceful atmosphere although it was fully booked. Breakfast was excellent in the lovely restaurant overlooking the sea, as was dinner but we would have liked a simpler alternative, perhaps served in the bar? All in all a very good hotel in a quiet area with helpful friendly staff (also two friendly resident dogs!).
"Breathtaking views"
02/09/16 Millie T London, United Kingdom
I only went in for a coffee and to sit to watch the sunset, it's perfect, nice bar staff , clean gardens. Next time I shall have dinner. Only problem was I forgot there's a lift so I was a little out of breath when I arrived but the view was worth it.
"Excellent value for money."
02/08/16 ChrisandB Hamburg, Germany
Estalagem is a gem! My wife and I just returned from 10 days at the Estalagem in Ponta do Sol. It was our first visit to Madeira. We decided not to stay in Funchal but rather in a smaller town. As the idea for this trip was to simply relax a nice hotel in a slower location would be in order. Ponta do Sol and the Estalagem were perfect for this. The hotel is a very appealing mix of new and old. Apparently the new part of the hotel was constructed around two old buildings. The result is a very modern style but missing the cold uncomfortable feeling which sometimes comes with modern design. We travel quite often and have stayed in very high-end and luxurious hotels. While the Estalagem is not really in this league, it is now one of my top 3 hotels. I rate this hotel so highly because of the entire package. The hotel is quite lovely and comfortable. The location is stunningly beautiful in both daylight and at night. The pool and spa services are well above average. The staff while not overly outgoing were very helpful, courteous and professional. The free internet was the fastest I have experienced in any hotel. They offer FREE shuttles to Funchal and to several Levada walks of which we took full advantage. Breakfast is well above average. OK, nothing in the above screams "WOW" but put it all together and couple it with the extremely reasonable prices and this justifies my high perception of this property. There were a couple of points on the downside of things. The air conditioning was virtually non-existent. This was not a major issue for us as we were there during the cooler month and slept with the sliding door open. I could see this as a problem in the hotter months. Another point on the downside is the restaurant can be very loud. It is not so bad during breakfast hours but at dinner it seems to be particularly loud. However, even with the few downside points I would go back to the Estalagem on a regular basis. Wonderful holiday! Great job!
"Nice place, terrible service"
02/01/16 DulcePacheco Funchal, Portugal
I booked on the day before a massage, but when I arrived was informed that it was moved to the following day, without any prior notification, because they decided to have a concert nearby the SPA. The room was on the lower level with windows facing the entrance, so I had to have the blackout curtains closed every time that I was in the room. The balcony is shared with other rooms, so you don't have any privacy. Breakfast has a great variety of food and it tastes good. However, from 10pm to 7am there is no food in the hotel, so be sure to have some snacks with you or to buy in advance. The hotel is very quiet at night, great for a good night sleep.
"A wonderful destination"
01/25/16 ClaireMLewis56 Llanelli, United Kingdom
This is the only Alastair Sawday recommended hotel on Madeira and it did not disappoint. In spite of the 50+ bedrooms it has an intimate feel and the staff are exceptionally well trained and friendly. We felt we had really good value for money considering what a fantastic and generous spread is provided at breakfast (which for many of us, often became brunch). All the rooms have the sight and sound of the sea which is 100m below the dramatic cliff face. My slight quibble was that the mattresses are not great quality and they are very much 2 'singles' pushed together - at least in our garden view room. They offer complimentary shuttle to Funchal and to other locations - particularly to the famous levada walks, which was most welcome.
"The best, no 'buts'"
01/20/16 pastilles2006 London
Quite simply best all round hotel we have ever stayed in. Staff friendly, gardens beautiful, views stunning, room perfect, pools, sauna and Turkish bath a lovely bonus, breakfast fresh and delicious. Faultless.
"A stunning Oasis and hidden gem! Thank you!"
01/16/16 SeanJBC
We spent a wonderful week at this truly amazing hotel. It has Beautiful minimalist architecture and interior design. The hotel is located on its own at the top of a cliff over looking the sea and the village of Ponta do Sol, 20 minutes west of Funchal. It is not typical of any holiday resort hotel and as such has a quietly layed back but sophisticated feel. The staff are friendly and helpful but not intrusive. The hotel is exceptionally well maintained and has splendid and well kept gardens. The facilities are excellent. You have a heated outdoor infinity pool with nicely arranged sun loungers. There is a really warm indoor pool, a jacuzzi that is set outside on its own area, great sauna and steam room. The Hotel also offers reasonably priced massage therapies. Breakfast was a spectacular event that runs from 07.30 till 11.00. It is aimed primarily at a continental menu however there is a different hot option available every day which I thought was actually quite unusual but excellent. Great coffee and various milk options available for dairy free! We stayed for the first week in January and the hotel was full. It never felt crowded and you could always get to use the facilities. A haven of tranquility and beauty! Looking forward to our next visit! Enjoy!
"Stunning location"
01/06/16 happyhenry London
A beautiful hiatal with scenic grounds and, sitting on top of a 100ft cliff, stunning views. The food is, along with its sister hotel Da Ville down below on the beach, has the best food for miles around. Best of all, for me, it provides free use of mountain bikes for guests. You might just use them for pottering around the village but the fears are good enough to get up the 30% gradients in the hills behind. A really nice extra service.
"A fabulous place to stay"
01/05/16 Fffffion
What a great place! Staff friendly and helpful, breakfasts great, facilities excellent. We had a wonderful week here over Christmas. The hotel is quirky and stylish but very laid back. You can take the hotels free shuttle minibus to Funchal and to a number of levada walks, you can use their bikes- if you're feeling fit- Madeira is hilly! We had sea view rooms and were treated to spectacular sunsets.
"Such a perfect and relaxing hide away"
01/05/16 Simone G Hamburg, Deutschland
I spent a week for Yoga in this little Hotel. My full recommendation to this beautiful little place. Especially during winter I have enjoyed the sun, the pool, the views, Nature... Last but not least I would like to mention the super friendly staff, it felt like family. And the food was great. A big breakfast buffet and dinner (3 course menu) was always a pleasure. I will come back!