All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here11 E. Walton Street, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
    4.9
"Perfect Customer Service and Location"
Can't say enough good things about the Waldorf in Chicago. Makes me want to move there!
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
BS
Service was excellent, help was very friendly, would stay there and recommend it highly. Most of the employees refused to take tips (politely).
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2014
"5 Stars all the way"
Beautiful hotel with attentive staff. Gorgeous room with many comforts.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"All around AWESOME hotel!"
This hotel offers excellent customer service and a very kind staff. The location is absolutely perfect if you want to be near the beach, Mag Mile, restaurants, shopping, coffee, etc. I am overall please with this hotel and out stay. The glitch that happened was that one of the elevators happened to go out of service w/c delayed us from getting to and from the room. But they made up for it by escorting us to the service elevator in order to get to our rooms. I plan on staying here again!!!
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
boilerrx
"Best Hotel Stay"
The service was outstanding, the amenities fantastic, and the food out of this world. Could not have asked for a better hotel stay. Wonderful, attentive staff were an added bonus. The room was beautiful, exceptionally clean, and wonderfully spacious. The health center/spa/lap pool are beautiful. The location -- at 900 N Michigan -- cannot be topped for access to shopping and restaurants.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2014
JenR
"Our Favorite Chicago Hotel!"
As always, we LOVE the Waldof Astoria! The employees are very attentive to make your stay special. The hotel is absolutely beautiful! It is located in the best area of Chicago.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Fantastic. Clean, great service, good food, nice rooms, wonderful spa.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Best hotel in Chicago"
Fantastic facilities. Best service you can imagine and ideal location. 5 stars at least.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Started great, ended on a sour note"
I can't say enough positive things about the location of this hotel, the friendliness of the housekeeping and room service staff. The hotel is located in a beautiful neighboorhood, close to parks, all the shopping, restaurants and nightlife you can handle. We were satisfied enough to rebook the hotel after our original hotels.com booking for what we thought was three more nights. Unfortunately this is where I am sorely dissatisfied. We were only rebooked by the hotel staff for two nights and because the hotel was overbooked on our particular room type, they were unable to extend our stay in the same room but would have to move to a smaller room. All after we had ordered food late in the afternoon and didnt even get to enjoy it because we were rushed out of our room. Also after ordering food about 8-10 times during our stay, we recieved incorrect or botched food 90% of the time. The overall theme here is very poor communication amongst hotel staff and also the poor attitude and lack of helpfulness from management. We cut our trip short and left Chicago whereas we would have been happy to spend two more nights there. Unfortunately we will never return to this hotel. Again the service staff, spa, cleanliness are all what you would expect at waldorf, but poor management and miscommunication ruined all that. As an aside the pool was closed for several months and didn't open until 2 days into our stay.
3 night romance trip Jun 15, 2014
pgordon527
"Elegance and Service Conveniently Located"
We had a wonderful time in the opulence of the Waldorf Astoria. We decided to splurge on our hotel and we will definitely do it again. We chose the Waldorf Astoria because it was one of the few 4-5 star hotels in the area that had 2 queen beds available. We also liked the convenient location. We walked to the John Hancock building and shopped at Water Tower Place. It was wonderful to not have to drive or find parking and we dropped shopping bags off at the hotel and went back out since it was so close, just a block off of Michigan Avenue. We ordered room service one night and got the most delicious Hucklberry Tart at 10 pm. The TV hidden in the bathroom mirror was intriguing. It wasn't the best resolution, but the novelty was great.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Marla
"10th Anniversary"
A truly special occasion was matched by an outstanding hotel. Service, facilities, and location are impeccable.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2014
"Really Nice!"
Strong recommendations if you have any chance to visit Chicago!
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Enjoyed our stay very much!"
Beautiful environment and very genuinely kind and gracious staff - No gratuity accepted was interesting. Sheets were a bit scratch was my only complaint. But overall, exceptional! Beautifully appointed!
2 night trip May 18, 2014
"Great location. Within walking to everything."
I made reservations at this Hotel for my husbands 50th bday. We had another couple stay here as well so we could go for dinner and celebrate his birthday. The staff, room, and cleanliness were excellent. We did have a couples massage the next morning and I would also recommend the spa to anyone who loves a great deep tissue massage. Great experience!
Other trip May 20, 2014
Suzie
Absolutely loved the hotel! Can't think of one thing that wasn't great. Lovely facility, great location. Best of all, the staff was top shelf. So friendly and helpful. Really loved the courtesy car service. Will definitely be our go to place to stay when we're in Chicago.
3 night trip May 2, 2014
"Top Notch"
This was perfect retreat from everything! Highly recommend to anyone!
1 night romance trip Apr 13, 2014
Max
"Not quite up to my expectations"
I was really looking forward to this stay. While I loved the location and the room, I do have some complaints. First off, I was surprised that the hotel had difficulty meeting a request to split the room charges on 2 credit cards (this was a girls getaway and my sister in law and I each provided credit cards at check in). While the hotel took care of it, it took 3 staff people to get it right. The first two had the "deer in headlights" look upon the request. Secondly, there was no coffee maker in the room. While there was coffee "service" , we stumbled upon this and were not informed about it upon check in. And, when I went to get a cup of coffee from the caraffe at 8:30 am on Sunday, it was empty with no staff person in sight. Finally, the spa services were nice but the robes were very old and pilly, there was mildew in the hot tub, and the amenities (e.g. cold washcloths and chilled water to drink) were only sporadically stocked ( I spent hours in the spa on a Saturday and Sunday). And, while ordering room service from the spa was possible, the spa staff were not very knowledgeable of the menu. Overall, this was what I would expect from a 3 star experience. I have stayed at several 4 star hotels and this one was a bit of a disappointment. I would not stay there again.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Anniversary stay,"
My wife and I were fortunate in that we chose the Waldorf for our anniversary trip to Chicago .I guess the best way to describe our stay is to relate what my wife asked as we were departing, "Is there such a thing as being overly helpful?" The staff was very efficient and helpful. Every question asked was answered with extra ordinary politeness and if the answer was unknown, research was done and the answer was given post haste. The room was as expected from a hotel known and honored around the world. We were extremely pleased with our Waldorf experience and are looking forward to our next trip.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
Kent
"Outstanding service"
The location was perfect, the service was perfect , it was a wonderful stay!
1 night business trip Apr 2, 2014
"Magnificent mile view! I loved the walk out patio"
The spa was wonderful! It had all amenities of home. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Magnificent mile view! I loved the walk out patio"
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Excellence personified"
We were meeting for a surprise celebration with my daughter from England after a two-year hiatus. The staff are all superbly well trained, the facilities, the restaurant and bar are very handsomely laid out with wonderful food and a great selection of wines, liquors and local artisanal beers. Our room on the top floor was fabulous! What a great location and meeting place - we cannot recommend this hotel more highly - our very grateful thanks to all who work there in sunshine and in cold!
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Lindsey
"Obsequious but disorganized"
Three phone calls over three hours couldn't get a Diet Coke from room service.
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
"Had a great time!"
Our Waldorf stay was amazing, our room was so nice it was hard to leave! We stayed in the Astoria suite on the 9th. The room was cozy and very, very,very clean! The fire place was a nice touch and was fun to have on during a late night snow storm with a glass of wine. Staff so nice very helpful on all request! Awesome location for shopping and restaurants! We cant wait to stay again!
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Josh
"Got booted from room booked through Expedia"
My wife and I rarely get out of the house due to having a 10-month at home. She asked to stay in a luxury hotel with fireplace. Booked it through Expedia 2 weeks in advance. Got to hotel and was told by the hotel manager that our room was unavailable. I was beyond miffed. After spending the type of money required to stay in our "one-night" only hotel room, I was irate. There was nothing they could do. The room with a fireplace was unavailable and instead, we just stay in the 'normal' room. Very very unhappy!
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Eat the pest king crab legs at Nico Osteria"
Very good condition compared to all other 5 star hotels in Chicago. I have stayed at the Peninsula, Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons. In my view this build out and decor of rooms is the most updated. Good service. It has smaller boutique hotel feel than the others I've listed. I had a one bedroom suite for just a little more than a regular room cost at the Peninsula. I will stay there again, but I will likely stay at the others too, depends on my mood. Give it a chance you will not be sorry.
2 night trip Mar 4, 2014
Glenn
"Great high end Chicago boutique hotel."
When we've stayed at upscale Chicago hotels it's tended to be the Ritz, Four Seasons, Peninsula. For Boutique hotels the James, The Wit, etc. The Waldorf Astoria is like a blend of both. Great location and nice wide entrance way off of Walton Street.
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
Clare
"Why stay anywhere else when you can stay here???"
First time to stay at this hotel. Have stayed at many other hotels in Chicago (similar price range)and this is by far the best!!
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2014
"Luxurious & Loved It"
We had a suite and it was wonderful to come out of the cold to a fireplace with velvet couch and deep soaking tub with tv in the bathroom( mirror). Additionally, staff was friendly and concierge helpful. Very centrally located. I would return.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
snowtourist
"A sweet suite!"
Our 20th anniversary was made particularly special thanks to the amenities afforded us by the Waldorf! Thank you for a beautiful spacious suite, professional and friendly personnel, and the restaurant was tops!
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Jace
"Great hotel!"
Total luxury and incredible staff. Best location in the city - close enough to everything, but still a bit removed from the Michigan Avenue madness.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
italy
"pricy but worth it"
Wanted to get away for the night and go see a show. I reserved the king suite and upon arrival was upgraded. Absolutly an amazing room! The view of a parking garage, not so much. All in all, not even close to a deal breaker as the furnishings and accomidations for the room were outstanding! The staff were all very plesent and accomadating. I would highly recommend and will be going back (when I can afford it)
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
"Elegant"
The Astoria was as expected. Beautiful, quiet, luxurious.
2 night romance trip Jan 31, 2014
"room service menu was limited, and the food bland"
Everyone from doorman to housekeeping was wonderful! Great room, with a fireplace and separate sitting area. Fabulous bathroom, shower area. When they step up the food service, this will be best hotel (except maybe Peninsula) in Chicago.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
ed
"room service menu was limited, and the food bland"
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
ed
"Perfect hotel!"
It was a great place to stay, people were friendly, room was beautiful.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"Convenient location near shopping and restaurants"
Our stay at the Waldorf was everything that was needed to get away for a night of rest and relaxation. My husband and I were able to sneak in a 1 night get away in between the holiday family hustle and bustle. We stayed in a King Suite and it was everything to make for a relaxing and cozy night away. If you love to draw a bath to relax- the deep soaking tub does not disappoint! The fireplace made the room extra warm and cozy during a cold chicago winter night. The room service was good as well as the service that was provided by the hotel. This is a "no tip" hotel- which is amazing. The Waldorf treats you like royalty and refuses your tips- they must treat their employees well. LOVED staying at the Waldorf-- If I could, I would live there. Many little restaurants and pubs are in the surrounding area and let's not forget about the GREAT shopping. Waldorf's location makes it easy to pop onto to Rush street or right over to Michigan Ave. If we do a weekend stay again in the city- this will be my number one pick!
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Stacy
"Perfect in Every Way!"
Not a single complaint. Elegant hotel and property. Staff was beyond helpful. Exceptional service. Perfect for our romantic getaway. You could get lost in the huge soaking tub. Very much enjoyed the fireplace in our suite, ha, and even the balcony, despite the fact it was December. :) Great location, just a block or so over from Michigan, and on the quieter end of Michigan Ave. Great restaurants within a few blocks distance, and one street over, and slew of boutique designer shops makes for great window shopping (ha, or actual shopping, if you're so inclined!).
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2013
Tara
Its our favorite place to stay in Chicago!!
1 night trip Dec 22, 2013
"Pure excellence! Best Hotel in Chicago"
This was my second trip to the Waldorf Astoria Chicago, and even with it being the height of the holiday season and very busy, the staff and service were fantastic. The hotel and Elysian spa are like a mini Oasis in the heart if the best shopping and dining in downtown.
Other trip Dec 17, 2013
Christian
"Weekend getaway"
A beautiful hotel and a wonderful experience. The location is perfect for Chicago's city experiences. We will definitely stay here again.
3 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"Best of Chicago"
This was our third time staying here this year, the hotel and it's amenities are top notch. But, the real reason we keep going back is because staff is incredibly welcoming and hospitable. We spent one night there in April and when we returned in September they remembered us. This time we we felt like we were visiting friends.
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
Jane & Julius
"Great beds!"
For the first time in years we slept through the night. It was quiet and very comfortable...especially the beds. My one and only complaint is that when I went to check out, they tried to charge me a huge room rate and add $726 to my bill. If my daughter had not checked it I would have just paid it and walked out. But the restaurant was great and the hotel is meticulous. We will come back.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
"Beautiful hotel and great location"
Have stayed in many Chicago hotels. This one is our favorite. Friendly staff and beautiful room.
Other trip Nov 28, 2013
"Disappointing 5 Star Experience"
My husband and I live in Chicago and decided to take a Babymoon to this fair hotel, booked on points. The front desk didn't live up to our expectations. Our TV broke during our stay and our bath tub leaked. Overall, not the experience you'd expect from such a high caliber hotel. I realize our expectations were what led to our disappointing experience. But after traveling around the world and staying at a few 5 star hotels, you'd think high expectations would be their strong suit. Overall it was quite disappointing. I'm just hoping that it wasn't because they knew we booked the room on expedia points, because if that was it- what's the point of getting elite status with expedia and taking advantage of the perks from years of travel, on the road 3-4 weeks a month.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
mrozzle
"One of the best hotels in the US"
From the first minute I arrived, I knew I was somewhere special -The Chicago Waldorf offers amazing customer service, and all staff - valet's, bell man etc. refused tips saying "their pleasure and part of the experience". The property amenities all feel and provide a 5+ star experience - the guest room, spa, pool, gym, dining are beautiful.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
Christian
"Outstanding!"
Second time staying- one time as the Elysian and just recently as the Waldorf Astoria. Equally wonderful time, beautiful room with outstanding service.
2 night family trip Nov 8, 2013
"An oasis in one of Chicago's great neighborhoods"
A great room (fireplace suite) in a great hotel with a great staff and a great value.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
"Beautiful hotel with excellent customer service"
Wonderful staff with amazing customer service! Beautiful hotel room with fire place was both elegant and cozy at the same time. Is my new hotel of choice when staying in Chicago.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Perfect stay from beginning to end. Best hotel in Chicago by far! I will never stay anywhere else in the city again! Xo
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013