All hotels in Hawaiian Gardens, California, United States of America
12441 Carson St, Hawaiian Gardens, CA, 90716, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

Don't be afraid of the neighborhood. We almost didn't book this hotel but I'm glad we did. The hotel itself was nice and clean. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was okay and the waffle station usually has a line. Hawaiian Gardens has a great shopping center with good restaurants and an Imax theater.
4 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
Rob
The hotel was nice and updated. We traveled with 3 adults, 2 dogs and provided with 2 queen beds, which was a plus. We also found ants on the AC.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Toby
"Fair for the price"
The hotel was well maintained, breakfast area was small and always over crowed with everyone waiting on waffle maker. Room was fine and parking lot was well lighted. Front desk had many young lady's that had to call management to clear something or because they didn't know how to do something. I would stay there again and recommend to others. 10 day stay
8 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
"Move to the next option!"
First impressions were that the hotel is run-down. The furniture has scratches and nicks, the beds are lumpy and the room had a strange smell (kind of like faint BO and urine). The first night, we had the neighbors from hell who partied all night long until I finally had to bang on the wall at 2 am to get them to stop the loud music and slamming their front door. The next night after a long day, I went to turn on the AC and found it covered it ants, on the third floor! I called the front desk and their idea of remedying the problem was to send up an employee with a bottle of 409 because "they were out of bug killer". We "slept" the second night in anticipation of getting out of there trying to forget that this stay ever happened. The worst part was even though we explained all of these issues to the hotel staff, they didn't offer us anything and were quite cold about the situation. I won't be staying here ever again and don't believe the ratings. This hotel is not managed properly and the hotel condition reflects this.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Ryan
"No complaints."
There was nothing outstanding about this hotel but nothing to complain about either.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Great for money"
Great service, nice hotel and very comfortable rooms I slept like a baby every night. Only complaint is my room had a crumby view and surrounding area was nothing special. But the hotel itself is fantastic, breakfast is great and outstanding staff. If you don't mind the mediocre surrounding area I highly recommend.
3 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2014
pete
"Centrally located"
Located about a 20 minute drive to Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm. Quiet room. Good price and included a simple breakfast for the entire family.
3 night family trip Jul 15, 2014
"Hawaiian Gardens LaQuinta"
Nice clean comfy hotel
5 night trip Jul 13, 2014
"So disappointed"
This hotel is in a bad neighborhood, there was no manager, 1 young girl alone. The spa did not heat up, there is no pool, the vending machine was out of bottled water, the ATM machine did not work and the breakfast was horrible!
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
Lori
Nice two-night stay, very good breakfast, pleasant staff, OK location, have to drive about 10-15 minutes to better beaches.
"OK hotel near nothing of meaning in LA"
The hotel is OK but the staff was really unhelpful. The girl in the front desk end up charging two different cards and split up our reservation in two when she only needed to charge one card and keep the reservation the way it was. That simple mistake end up maxing our two cards and mess up our budget. The manager blame expedia and was kind of rude when we complain about the mistake they made. The included breakfast consist in: waffles, muffins, white bread, bagels, cream cheese, two types of jams, three types of stale cereals, milk, orange juice, coffee, and uncooked oatmeal (you have to make yourself if you really want it). We stay there for three days and it was the same every day. Needless to say that we went to IHOP instead. The hotel admits pets, we have no pets but at the time of booking we didn't know that fact. The dogs bark all the time, so it was a good thing that we arrive late at the hotel and we were too tire to notice or care. But it's something to consider. The hotel is not bad, and for what it cost is not a bad deal if you rent a car and don't mind all the racket the dogs made. Just be careful with the staff because they will mess up and then they will give you a silly excuse and blame it on expedia or something.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Luis
"Very Accessible to Lakewood, Long Beach, Cerritos"
This hotel is reasonably priced, offering clean and modern facilities, and a hot breakfast each morning. We stayed seven nights and would return in the future when in the area.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Don
"great hotel"
Highly recommend! Will come back again!
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
Aries
"Worth for the price!!!"
I will definitely book this hotel in the future. Great for price!!!
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Angels
No pool bad neighborhood fire alarm went off at 1 am. Asked if they had a blow dryer in the room the reply was "for hair"? Yes for hair! They said no but there was one! There was a party in the next room till 2 am which the front desk told us go over & act mad. really?? How about that's your job!! Won't ever stay again!!
3 night trip May 21, 2014
Jamie
"Great dog friendly hotel"
The hotel and staff were great, and it's a great dog friendly hotel.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
The only bad thing ,its not pool.
2 night trip May 15, 2014
Claudia
"Perfectly Adequate"
Stayed four days during a business trip to Long Beach Airport. There are hotels adjacent to the airport but I thought I would end up driving for dinner etc. Everything was fine about the hotel. Breakfast pretty manufactured but satisfactory. As predicted on Apple map it was an easy and pleasant 13 minute drive to LB Airport. Plenty of decent restaurants just West of the hotel. Rooms were immaculate, price fair.
3 night business trip May 11, 2014
"Would never stay here again!!!"
The room that we booked was not the one we went into, alot smaller.....opening the bathroom door it smelt like a porta potty, disgusting. The beds had hair in them as if the sheets and pillows cases were never changed from previous customer. Then when I called to ask for new sheets the staff member told me to wait thrirty minutes. After waiting an hour I walked down stairs to se the staff member leaning on the counter chatting with a friend(not a customer) So when I told her the room was filthy, she gave me a new room, which was the room I seen on the enternet (what we thought we paid for) It still had hairs on the beds, by then it's 11 o'clock at night my kids were tired. We had to sleep on the blankets and froze!! Two of my kids end up not feeling well the next day. The worst hotel stay ever! We vacation in that area often but that would be the first and last time we ever stay at that hotel.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"nice hotel, quiet area"
Hotel was nice and quiet, few shops around and close to freeway/highway
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Great please to stay"
very good hotel for more nigths, good foodlocation in this area and good to drive obver the highway in a lot destinations in LA
3 night family trip Apr 27, 2014
"Stay for three days 4/24/14 to 4/27/14"
Really enjoyed the stay here and apperciated that it had a washer and dryer for customers to utilize especially after the long days at the beach with tge kids. Very happy to comr back to a clean room each night after long eventful filled days out.
3 night business trip Apr 24, 2014
Trisha
Very clean and comfortable.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
Jocelyn
"Clean and Comfy"
We were pleased and comfortable with our stay. It was close to the venue were were attending.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
McMom
"The staff was wonderful and very accommodating."
I'm not sure about the reviews that say its in a ghetto area... It's not that bad at all. I felt safe walking my dog around. It's a typical California neighborhood. The staff was great, the room was clean and spacious.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
Great place
"Good place to stay"
I liked the location which was within walking distance of oriental markets and good restaurants and fast food joints.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2014
"Comfortable & Clean!"
The hotel was comfortable and clean! The price was reasonable as well. I would definitely recommend this place for those who are looking for a place near Orange County that is decently priced and clean.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"Very nice"
Checked in smoothly. Room was spacious and very clean. Wish the breakfast was a bit better but overall great stay.
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2014
Ebony Taylor
"Very nice."
Very nice! Pets welcome. Even have a place to potty them!
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Renée
"Close to many popular destinations in Southern Cal"
Very pleased with hotel. It was clean and comfortable. Good quality breakfast. Staff was friendly.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2014
Kathy L
"Weekend Stay"
my stay was enjoyable, people there are nice and the location is right in the middle of food and shopping centers. only problem is from my window my whole view was of an alcoholic billboard.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"A Jewel!"
This hotel is a jewel in the area: priced right, comfortable and close to shopping and Starbucks!
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2014
Terry
"Pleasantly Surprised"
Unexpectedly needed to stay overnight and La Quinta was near our current location. The surrounding area may seem a bit sketchy—there is a Casino down the road—but overall the hotel and parking were easily accessible and near the 605 freeway. The staff was accommodating and nice. A simple breakfast was included, precooked scrabbled eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, cereal, etc.. The rooms were clean equipped with a small refrigerator and microwave. Will stay here again if needed.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
Rey G.
"Served its purpose"
Wasn't looking for anything special. Just needed a room to sleep in. Will use this hotel in the future at the right price.
4 night trip Feb 13, 2014
Nick
"pleasantly surprised"
hotel was a welcome sight after a long trip. the hotel staff was friendly and got us into our room quickly. we had never stayed with La Quinta before as we were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, beds comfortable, easy to control temperature in the room, and a decent breakfast was included. definitely adding La Quinta to our list of A+ stopover hotels!
2 night trip Feb 9, 2014
Joanna
You need to tighten up the serivce.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
gary oslund
"Brief stay but nice accomodations."
Room was comfortable bathroom large.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Anne
"Great rooms within budget"
I booked this hotel with no idea how its going to be through Expedia solely based on customer rating and I wasn't disappointed. The room is great with all regular facilities. They have good breakfast and the hotel staff is very helpful.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
abhinav
Clean and the staff was very friendly
3 night trip Dec 23, 2013
"worked out great"
Hotel was in good condition and happy to accept pets.
1 night trip Dec 5, 2013
Krystle
"Overnight stay"
We decided to get a hotel room around Long Beach/Lakewood area at the last minute and went to expedia. I didn't want to spend that much on the room since we were gonna be staying out for most of the day anyways. The big name hotels were expensive and very few room options. Since we were traveling with kids, we wanted a non-smoking hotel. This hotel fit the bill perfectly. We didn't expect much for the price and we were not disappointed.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
Jayryn
Room was super clean, friendly staff, second time at this hotel and will certainly stay there again.
3 night family trip Nov 3, 2013
Christoph W.
"Hotel was great"
I very much enjoyed the hotel and the staff. They were friendly, the hotel was clean and nice. The neighborhood was not the greatest, but not terrible either. The hotel is located close to a casino if you like that sort of thing.
2 night trip Nov 11, 2013
DM
"good service"
comfortable, clean, friendly staff.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2013
"Comfortable"
The location was not hard to find. Had to drive to find resturants, not very far. Loved the room and more TV channels. We would have enjoy staying in the room and watched movies if we didn't have a prior engagement. No swimming pool if you have kids who love to swim. I'll stay again as long as they keep the TV channels.
2 night trip Nov 5, 2013
Sheila
"Great Value"
Hawaiian Gardens isn't really known to have the best surroundings but the La Quinta is I'm a really good location in my opinion. Just a few streets down and you're in Cypress without having to pay Cypress prices. The hotel itself looks relatively new and you can tell they were really trying to modernize it with different touches. The faux marble looking countertops in the bathroom, direct tv on a flat screen, microwave and fridge were all nice touches. Bed was comfy and the room was clean. The breakfast was semi decent but honestly who can really argue a free hot breakfast? Egg discs, sausage discs, potatoes, belgium waffles, cereals, coffee, juices, toast, English muffins, apples, bananas, oatmeal, and donuts round out the morning feast. The only downsides I can see is that there is one elevator for the 4 floor building and it's slow. We stayed on the top floor and were lucky that the hotel wasn't filled or else I can definitely see some issues with people waiting. I'd love to see a checkout option through the tv at some point and the super small bottle of shampoo was just that, small and the brand never really lathered that well. Great value for the price and would definitely stay there again. On a busy crowded Veterans Day weekend this was a steal considering other hotels were going for twice or three times as much.
3 night family trip Nov 7, 2013
Toby
"NICE HOTEL!"
clean room and overall hotel. amenities are nice and pets stay for free! EXCELLENT! will return!
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
dfgfhg
"This is good for a overnight stay"
We stayed for a night. The things we didn't like are bed which was not comfortable for a sound sleep and the ac makes too much on/off noise. The breakfast was ok ok. We felt the hotel night stay price is more than they are offering.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
Vivek
"La Quinta Hawaiian Gardens"
The hotel was noisy with kids placed across the hall from our room.They constantly ran in and out allowing the door to slam.We requested a room change which the staff did quickly.However,the new room was next to barking dogs. I like the service but won't stay again.
7 night trip Oct 31, 2013
Ken Dosie
"Good for what we needed"
Overall a good hotel. Breakfast was mediocre.
3 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2013