All hotels in Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
10308 Sapp Brothers Dr, Omaha, NE, 68138, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.4
    2.5
    2.3
    2.3
"Passing through"
Truck stop motel basically, bed was comfortable though. Only reason I rate this so high
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
andrea
Friendly staff, liked DVD library. Comfortable room. A little dated.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Not a place I will return to. Tar in the carpet, dead bugs on the floor. Dirty blanket on the bed.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
"checked in and out within 30minutes"
We felt our safety was at risk.Felt we would wake up in morning and our car would be gone. Men were hanging over railing from second floor ,drinking and carrying on.found out later they were truck driving school students. We want our money back
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
marcia
"You get less than you pay for!"
We had a non-smoking room that clearly had been smoked in. The room had the stench of ???? The carpets were stained. The room's lamps and all other appliances were unplugged. The bed skirts were almost pulled off, and the bed spreads were questionably clean. The bathroom's vent fan did not operate. There was food left in the microwave. The toilet seat was loose. There was grime in the corners and crevices. The water temperature during my shower varied a lot. The towels appeared clean, and the sheets appeared clean. These were the only acceptable conditions. It was easily and quickly accessible to the interstate. I have stayed in motels for less money that were at least clean.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Lulubelle
"Clean Motel at a Reasonable Price"
The motel was clean and affordable. It is a long way from downtown (about 15 miles). The only problem was that Expedia failed to send my reservation information to the motel management. I had to contact Expedia over the telephone-something that the motel management should have done for me. After my reservation information arrived, there were no other major problems.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"will never go again"
This hotel was really bad. The staff did their best I guess, given the busy week we stayed, but the hotel was just in bad shape. The non smoking room we were finally given smelled like smoke every time we returned. Room cleanliness was very bad as well. I had typed a much more complete review detailing everything but it was not accepted. Long story short we will not be back.
4 night trip Jun 18, 2014
baseball dad
"worst place ever"
Worst place I have ever stayed at. I would not recommend to nobody. The room had a smell to it, toilet didn't work right. We reserved a nonsmoking room, but our room was giving away, so they gave us a smoking room. We had a three night stay , but I had an asthma attack because we had to stay in a smoking room. Checked out after first night and stayed somewhere else.
3 night family trip Jun 19, 2014
tommss1969
"Truck stop no-tell motel..."
floor relatively dirty, low water pressure, hot water was sporadic during a shower, couldn't completely turn faucet off so had the running noise all night - staff said they knew about the problem and would get to it eventually (but not during my stay). Sheets seemed very clean- still smelled of bleach... A solid 1.5 to 2.0 stars at best.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
BBall fan
Office lady was very rude to the customers, and it took over 20 minutes for her to get to me to check me in. I called the desk for extra blankets, they never came as promised, nobody brought clean towels for the second night, as promised, there were no phone books, suggested places to eat and visit, instructions, etc. Not even a gideon bible ! Nothing to help the customer from out of town. When I asked the office staff, was told that they dont put any nfo. in the rooms, because "this is a truck stop!"
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
ck
"I would stay again."
Personable staff. Just off the freeway. Could be cleaner. DVDs available to borrow.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
"BAIT & SWITCH"
trucker motel. Asked to see the room before signing in. Shown clean one but assigned different filthy one later.
Other trip May 24, 2014
SB
"Very poor at best"
The hotel needs a top to bottom renovation. Our "non-smoking room" had clearly, by smell, been a smoking room for decades. We'd paid for a room with two beds and got one queen and a roll away with a mattress that made jello seem firm. Walls are no protection against noise from next room. We checked out after the first night.
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Good place for your pets"
I was at this hotel because it was near my destination and they provided me and easy and acceptable room were I could share with my two little dogs. Staff was pleasant and very cooperative
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Scary and dirty"
The pictures of this hotel are misleading. This hotel is secluded, very dirty, and extremely scary. Please, save yourself and go to the Comfort Inn down the road.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
C
Absolutely abysmal. Avoid at all costs. The mattresses had to be 30 years old. They were shot.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013
Cody
"Bad neighborhood, lots of semi traffic."
I left some things behind. I had to call three times before they could tell me they found my stuff. Then they refused to send it to me.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
kristin
Was Very Dated, Bath Room Was Scary. Felt Dirty After shower
1 night trip Jun 30, 2013
fish
"Fine for the money"
After reading the reviews I was a little nervous about staying here. Our non-smoking room was clean and smelled pleasant. The air conditioner did not put out an unpleasant odor when turned on. The beds were rather hard and the pillows flat. There was a clean, functioning microwave and refrigerator in our room. The bathroom was very disappointing with the linoleum coming up around the toilet and shower, but the water was hot and the shower head was nice. Our room was furnished with plenty of towels to begin with and they were replenished fully when housekeeping came through. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, but there was plenty of space for 4 adults and 2 toddlers while we were in there. If you're just passing through and need a cheap, safe place to stay I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
Alli
"Convenient for us"
Had some problems, but were solved quickly.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"Bad Service"
I booked a room at this hotel (two beds) more than one month in advance. When we arrived, after a VERY long check in, we went to our rooms to find that it only had one bed. I contacted the front desk and they told us that our reservation didn't guarantee anything and that there was nothing that they could do. I was EXTREMELY dissatisfied with the service. I would never stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"Bad service"
Given a single bed, smoking room when I had booked a double no smoking. Could not get moved to another
Other trip May 10, 2013
"An Okay Stay"
Room was clean, quality of service okay (wasn't expecting too much), location is in a awkward location (but right off interstate), rate was reasonable, food vending machine (sandwiches, pizza, etc.) was convenient, and seems truckers stay there often.
1 night trip Mar 31, 2013
"overall a very cheap decent place with nice staff"
Very cheap but practical and clean for the price, the hotel is very dated but everything worked.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2012
1 night trip Jan 20, 2015
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
2 night business trip May 3, 2013
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Home-Towne Lodge Omaha

"Just no..."
07/28/15 JenInSeguin Seguin, Texas, USA
I do not take pleasure in rating anything bad, but I have to in this case to save someone else from a potentially bad experience. We stayed in room #231 and it reeked of Diesel so much so that my eyes and nose literally burned. The bathroom was in bad shape (see pics), and mattresses were "springy". These issues ruined my nights stay. On the plus side (and why it ended up with two stars) - the wifi works well, they offer free HBO, and the front desk lends free DVD movies (quaint and kinda cool). They also offer complimentary coffee in the lobby (no AM breakfast but there are vending machines with packaged BF items if you dare) It seems like management cares, but they are falling short in spite of it.
"Truckers Hotel "
07/12/15 Daniel B
Dont bother with this cheap and dirty hotel its not worth the money. This hotel is very basic and in need of over hauling. Staff is ok but nothing worth getting excited for. The rooms are dirty and dated. Stay at a motel 6.
"Great place for the price"
07/02/15
We arrive tired after two long days of traveling. The rooms were spacious, clean, and overall very comfortable. The staff was extremely courteous, and offered free DVDs to watch movies. We ordered pretty decent Chinese food for dinner. Would have given five stars had the hot and cold water not been unpredictable. Our only recommendation is take your shower at midday. Still a very pleasant experience overall. We would definitely go back.
"Poor management but front desk"
05/03/15 ComputerGuy23 Atlanta
Good hotel for low budget truckers. Bed was ok, make sure blankets don't smell smoke. They gladly change them if you ask. Never with family and kids. Many bulbs were off in the room. They only pick trash and change towels, no bed sheets are fixed or set properly. Last resort if don't have any hotel. One shouldn't expect more for the price. Only one available for Berkshire event. Made me feel humble when stayed in that kind of place. Needs to pay attention to light bulbs, in my case most were off, never complained never changed. Bed was never fixed in any day. Water flow in the bath room shower changes abruptly, so get ready to get super hot and very cold water flow. However front desk workers seem nicer, very poor management / owners. Pick it if you have no other option.
"Great little place for the price "
03/24/15 Dakota H
I travel a lot working for Vail in Cali winters and catering in Maine. Stopped at Home TownE Lodge to catch some Zzz. Booked it comparing it to a super 8 type of style. We got there and the women who checked us in was very nice, fast and easy. They even had free movies to sign out to take to your room. We drove over to are room. The outside looks like your typical super 8. Nothing pretty but we swung open the door and it was a charming room. New Floors, cozy beds, and pretty clean. Highly recommend this place for under $60. They have DVD player, fridge, safe, microwave and toiletries. Vending machines and plates located nearby all rooms. We where a little late checking out due to being tired from all the driving and the woman was very understanding while checking out. Thanks Home TownE Lodge.
"Nice for truckers"
09/25/14 M M Overland Park, KS
Older style motel right next to highway. Primarily truckers and trucker students for Werner and other visiting laborers. Nice guests and staff but no breakfast, no exercise room and all exterior room doors. The beds weren't awful but certainly not great. Drab decor, no in room coffee, limited power outlets, no ironing boards or shampoo. Although I think if you go to desk they'll lend an iron. The rooms, even with all lights on, are dim and hard to work. But no bugs or anything like that. Just not my kind of place.
"Highly recommended!!"
08/05/14 Coral C Costa Mesa, California
Stayed at Home-towne Lodge, check in went smooth & quick, room was clean, location is good, right off the interstate & next to a Sapp Bros. DVD player in room & they have a selection of DVDs you can rent for free. Manager Patti really went really above & beyond when I realized I had left an item in the room.. (Unfortunately) I was already out of town but I called anyways to see if they had found it/ could maybe ship it to me. It hadn't been turned in but Patti said to call the next morning to see if the maid could locate it. Called the next day & was told it wasn't found :( THEN I get a call the next afternoon from Patti saying they had found my item & would be mailing it to my house that day, no charge! I am so thankful, I couldn't let that go without sharing.
"Don't walk, RUN"
07/31/14 ItascaMark Itasca, Illinois
Tried the motel because we had heard it was clean and cheap. The front desk staff was friendly and check in was smooth. Upon arriving in the room it had the odor of…I don’t know what. It seemed like they were trying to cover up a foul odor with some sort of masking agent. I hope it wasn’t the smell of death. The smell was very strong when we arrived so we left the front door and little window open to air it out. It helped quite a bit. The room (#11) itself appeared clean but very, very dated, worn out and potentially dangerous. Let’s start with worn out. Scratched furniture, permanently stained rugs, out of date décor, and the headboard was supported by two prominently displayed drywall screws. The screws were the best piece of artwork in the room. The washroom was tiny with a small round style commode. The shower head came off when I tried to adjust the flow from standard stream to massage. Apparently it was very loose already. It was also mounted very low. I wonder how comfortable a six footer woudl be in there. the bed was so soft we kept rolling to the middle. On the potentially dangerous side, all the electrical outlets we tried were very loose. My phone and computer cords fell out. One lamp cord had been spliced and repaired about 6” from the plug end with two wire nuts and (I could be wrong but) it seemed two nonslip strips were missing from the tub. On the plus side they have free wireless (that was easy to connect to), free DVDs and (not very good) coffee 24 hours. There is a small fridge and microwave in the room. The concrete parking lot was also in great shape with nary a pothole to be found. There are a couple of benches across the parking lot with a grassy area for kids to play or Frisbee to be thrown. In retrospect we should have left immediately. All in all I’d rather pay more and get more.
"Very nice place to stay"
07/14/14 hsewfe4
We stayed there for 5 nights and it was good. Patti was very helpful as was the rest of the staff. It was close to Sapp Brothers which was good since we are truck drivers. We will stay there again, very pet friendly. They are truck driver friendly, with plenty room for trucks with trailers.
"Never again"
06/24/14 Chad A Payson, Utah
We stayed here last week for four nights and it was a terrible experience. We showed up after a 13 hour car ride to check in only to find they had overbooked the hotel and we did not have a room. We waited for a couple of hours and finally got keys to a room but were told it would not be ready for another hour. We went to the college world series and were able to get into the room at 10:45 that night. We paid for a non-smoking room but upon entering the room we were almost overpowered by the stench of cigarettes. I called down to the front desk to see if we could switch rooms but there were no other rooms available....so I drove to Walmart and bought some cans of Febreeze. For the next four days we followed the same ritual...I would go in and febreeze the room and my wife and son would come in 3-5 minutes later. The hotel is in a semi sketchy area. It has an agreement with Werner trucking so 30 rooms are utilized by them on an ongoing basis. It is in a very industrial area. My wife did not feel safe walking anywhere by herself to get something to eat. The beds were terrible...very hard and the pillows felt a lot like bunched up stuffing. We brought pillows but with the room continually smelling like cigarettes we did not want to contaminate our personal linens. The fridge was nice and having a microwave was also a bonus. The room was very dirty. My wife ran a wet wipe over the linoleum and it was filthy. My son found a used tampon under the edge of one of the beds...he picked it up and asked me what it was and I almost threw up. The shower was serviceable, but there was no fan in the shower area. The staff was trying...I think they were just overwhelmed. I will not be staying here ever again.