All hotels in Poughkeepsie, New York, United States of America
2170 South Road, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12601, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
    2.6
    2.1
"Not bad"
I had serious reservations about booking this place because of the other reviews. We expected squalor. But our experience here turned out fine. The room was clean. Yes, the lobby has an odor but it smells like carpet cleaner. (Maybe it's covering up the mustiness other guests reported?) This place gets extra points by telling us they could provide a crib for our infant child and then providing an actual crib, as opposed to the playpen that passes as a crib at seemingly every other hotel. The room even had a lovely view of the river, and a heat lamp in the bathroom. If you're looking for a five-star accommodation, this isn't it. But it's a fair enough place to rest your head for a night.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Elegant old hotel. Looks rich in history but because of it being taken over by a bank you can tell that the staff either doesn't have enough people or just don't care but it's not the cleanest. I like how big it is. Room size is good but musty smell of the hotel when you walk in literally the front entrance. I slept well it's just a bit old fashioned. Tv is old too like click the channel no guide old. NO FITNESS FACILITY. Websites mislead with that info.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
Christina
"Fine"
The hotel was fine and it had free breakfast. However, it had thin walls, the toilet didn't flush well, the shower was lackluster, there was no conditioner provided, there was no information about the hotel or its surrounding area, and breakfast wasn't the best.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Cheap, close to Marist College"
Stayed for alumni weekend. Very accommodating. Reasonably price, gave extra towels and pillows. House keeping tried coming at 9:30 AM which was early, but overall great stay.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Coll
"The price was right but"
The price was right but grand it wasn't. Let me explain.. the bed and pillows were to mushy. They advertised a refrigerator in the room and there was none. We spent one night and the next day as we checked the drawers to make sure we had not forgotten anythingwe found a syringe cap. Which totally shocked us and that's when we knew we would NOT be returning.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Aracelis
"Good service and breakfast - need new mattresses!"
This hotel is located right on a main road with lots of restaurants and stores around. The lobby area is pretty with a lot of wood paneling and details. The staff was very friendly, especially the woman who works in the breakfast dining room. Breakfast was good. Our room needed an update. The seams of the wallpaper are all visible, the television is old and some channels were blurry. I would have rated this hotel better but--the mattresses are way too bouncy, unsupportive and low to the floor. It was not a comfortable bed and I did not sleep well.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Would not stay here again"
Here is the list - smelled bad, no tv remote cover (had to hold the batteries in by hand), toilet seat did not stay up, doubt if sheets were changed, no window lock on our first floor room right next to the parking and there was a homeless man sitting in the lobby as we walked back in after our event. Needless to say, we will not stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Chany
Great hotel . Clean
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Jack
"Does not deserve 3 stars"
Started with no lights in the parking lot. Entered lobby and it was shabby. The woman checking us in was polite and professional. The first room she checked us in did not have the beds made and there was water on the floor in the bathroom. The second room not that nice. The sheets were scratchy and the room was unclean. The breakfast was poor in quality. The staff was nice, they are just working with a poor facility. Do not check in here if you are expecting a 3-star hotel. Giving it one star is generous and it's mostly out of concern for the staff.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Great services .a return to stay is a must. Thank you
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
aleit
Didn't appear that the maid service was thorough (floors not vacuumed). Hotel was adequate and I would stay again just kind of shabby after you get away from the lobby. Room rate was excellent. There was an error with our registration but it was fixed promptly when we arrived.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"Nice variety of breakfast foods selection"
Mold in bathroom tub area.room was't "welcoming"decor could be more in style
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
clyde
The room needed some fixing up. There is a micro and fridge in room, but both need updating and the rug was soaked in front of the fridge. I guess it was defrosted where it is on the floor. The walls are so thin, we could hear the TV (full blast) from 1:30 am until after 4:30 am when we fell back to sleep.There was a coffee maker for the morning but no cups anywhere in the room.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Your basic cheap motel"
The room had a peculiar odor when I entered - fortunately, I travel with fresheners so I took care of that, but caveat. The toilet needed extra pressure to flush and the sink clogged. But a staff maintenance man was called to the room by the front desk and fixed the issue immediately. The bed was nice and the room had a nice view of a stream. Wifi got super slow later at night. Continental breakfast was nice, though there was no coffee in the room. The ice maker was broken, and the ice I got from the front desk made for some funny smelling and tasting water.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
MAC
The hotel staff seemed nice enough but the room itself was really gross. Lots of dust, dead bugs in the bed and tub, and sheets with burn holes in a non-smoking room. I have never and will never again stay in a room that disgusting.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"It was Average"
The help in the Breakfast room was very good and clean.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Onewalkdav
The bathroom had dirty towels in it. That was gross.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
s.gagstetter
"Don't stay here"
First I booked a smoking room but when I got there I was told no more smoking rooms available. I arrived less than an hour after booking! Ce machine broken and I has to walk across the entire hotel just to go out to smoke. And I forgot my iPad charger when I went back asking if they could look on the room I was told no someone is in there-the employee would not even make a call to the room. Over priced poor customer service waste of money
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Mercury Not so Grand"
Hotel is in flux. Circumstances would suggest that reservations should wait a few months. Otherwise, lower your expectations. Limited staff and resources. No refrigerator in our room. 1 set of towels. That kind of stuff. This was not our first stay at this property. Very disappointed.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Great crash pad"
Were very accommodating about late check-in and late check-out. Helpful staff. Rooms were decent and had ok breakfast.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
The hotel was ok except that the room wasn't stocked with any washcloths. The complementary breakfast was pretty good.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"The Right Bang for Your Buck"
Slight outlet issues but overall completely worth what I spent.
9 night business trip Jul 6, 2014
"Very nice, will stay there again"
Pleasantly surprised by a very nice hotel, modern and clean, at a very reasonable rate. Staff very nice, breakfast quite nice. Lot's of great restaurants around it, in all price ranges. We were there, for a getaway bicycling weekend, will definitely go back to this hotel
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Alan29er
"Adequate"
The free breakfast was sub-par, and the drain in the tub didn't work. On the other hand, the desk clerk was very helpful, including promising to get the drain fixed.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Charles Gholz
The facility was in rough shape, cleanliness of room needs improvement, breakfast was minimal, lacking variety.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
We arrived and were told prior to arriving the hotel was sold out and we couldn't have a fridge in our room we appeared to be two of about 10 guests. Promised the fridge each day it never arrived. Room was not vacummed dirty glasses not replaced. Cable was spliced so many times it was hard to watch the tv as it had a poor picture. ATM maching not working ice machines not working soda machine ate money. They looked as they were under renovation I hope that was the reason. Staff seemed overworked and tired
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Crash Pad"
This is definitely a crash pad or a stop over hotel. The staff were friendly in a kind of odd way. There is a distinct smell that hits you when first walking in that is maybe best characterized as musty. The room smell was different, kind of this fake odor. My theory is it was a smoking room that was converted to non-smoking so it has that odd fake mask smell to it. The bed was ok; the bathroom was minimalistic but sub par. Shower drain was super slow and we were fearful of the toilet overflowing. If you need a place to sleep, its not horrible. We had minimal expectations which made the experience fine.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Okay for the money"
I was a little disappointed in the condition of the room. The wall paper was peeling, bathrooms were dirty and had a leaky faucet. When walking down the hallway there was an odor of smoke. Breakfast started to late. Beautiful main entrance!
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Junior
"Hotel in a town"
When we walked in the hotel, the pictures were interesting. Then we walked down the hall and to our room, and it was nice. The breakfast the next morning was great, and the service was impeccable.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"No towels or blankets"
Booked a room for 2 adults and 2 children, two beds, two towels, asked for more, never brought any, ice machine broke. Lobby was nice and clean. Quick check in.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
Tired traveler
"MAD"
It was awful the toliet didn't work in the king room so they gave me a double bed room. Then the aircondition did not work in that room but i got lucky it was cool outside so we opened a window.The next day we got a king room but it was not clean and had a sour smell to it. DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL!!!!
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Stains on comforter, mold in the hallway, water damage.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Better than we thought"
The approach to the hotel left us a little flat, but once inside, we found it pleasant and staff helpful. The breakfast was quite good. Only down side, the hallways needed sprucing up a bit. Bedroom, bed, bathroom, shower, all very satisfactory.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"glorified motel."
We walked in to a man who was nice but overrall apperance not so much. It looked like frosty left alot of flakes behind. The hotel smelled like a barn/bathroom. First thing i see is a dirty washcloth behind the garbage from the person before, no microwave, the tv was blurry and outdated, if you need wifi you are going to have to hit up starbucks. If you have children run. If you have money and can go somewhere else run.
1 night business trip May 31, 2014
"Good location, decent rates"
Stayed here for 4 nights, our AC never worked but it was nice outside. No wifi where we were. Everyone there was nice and pleasant. The hotel could use some updates but it was over all a good stay.
3 night trip May 29, 2014
Andy
"nice town"
bar and grill is closed down. breakfast was good, room was dirty. hotel is under renovation, has possibilities. need a new cleaning staff. all ice machines were broke. couple we were with had to change rooms because of cleanliness issues.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Close to Duchess County Fairgrounds"
Room was clean. Staff was courteous. Breakfast was good!
Other trip May 30, 2014
ken
"It smells."
Lacation is good and price is reasonable. But, they gave me a smoking room although I requested non smoking room. And I could smell smoke. It was not so strong but uncomfortable.
Other trip May 24, 2014
nono
"Disgusting"
The overall experience was terrible. I found cigarette buts on the floor in multiple area of the room. TV did not work. Towels were yellow. Mattress had a 5 inch depression in the center. There was a used bar of soap in the shower. The only positive was the girl working the counter when I checked in was very nice and professional and did all she could to correct the issues I had.
Other trip May 24, 2014
LOVED BREAKFAST
2 night trip May 16, 2014
LINDA & FRED
"Nice lobby .but needs lots of updating"
Nice lobby and breakfast area, my room was clean,but the toilet kept running and the sink linked when you washed your hands and brushed your teeth. there is no indoor pool, no lounge or restaurant on property. The ice machines don't work and there is no elevator, not enough staff to help with bags.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Theresa
"Nasty hotel, nice staff."
Sticky spots on the rug, no extra toilet paper, hotel smells, coffee filter left in coffee pot. Will not stay there again.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"two day stay paid for before arrival"
water in the sink would not drain out,tv was distorted and wavey.people with no shirts on drinking bottled beer in check in area.This is not a motel for everyday travelers .we stayed only because we paid a month before we arrived.Do not recomend
Other trip May 2, 2014
jim
"Horrible experience"
We checked out as soon as we checked in. The bed was like a hammock. I felt that we were either going to be robbed or mugged during the night, The place stunk of smoke and it was totally disgusting. We were sent there by expedia who said this hotel was equivalent to a Marriot. Not at all.
"Never again"
Rm wa dirty trash under tbe bed we found bowl full of cereal vacuums not working tell you how many times you may get ice tubb clog up had to use my mothers rm all around dirty hotel would never ever recommend anyone to stay in this hotel ever
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"you get what you pay for"
While on expedia, it stated the hotel only had 5 rooms left. The parking lot was empty. Seemed shady...
Disappointed
First time no shampoo.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Den of Thieves"
A hotel employee stole my shopping bag with new clothing worth over $100. that I purchased from the nearby mall, during the Easter weekend. I forgot my bag the lobby during checkout. When I realized that I forgot the bag I called the hotel and the front desk staff confirmed that she had the bag. When my daughter went to pick up the bag today, the bag could not be found. The staff person who told me she had the bag developed amnesia and the tape in the lobby video camera had been erased. I will never stay at this hotel again.
1 night family trip Apr 19, 2014
"Get what you pay for"
This hotel is VERY run down and seems to be having finanical difficulties. Nice staff which was amazing given the situation. Pick a different hotel in the area.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"STAY AWAY"
WHEN WE FIRST ARRIVED THE CARPORT WAS LEAKING WITH BLACK MOLD ON THE CEILING. AS WE WALKED DOWN THE HALL TO THE ROOM THERE WAS BADLY STAINED AND MISSING CEILING TILES FROM WATER DAMAGE. THE ROOM HAD NO WORKING PHONE . NO OUTLETS BY THE DESK AND THE HEATERS DIDNT WORK IN ONE OF THE ROOMS THE OTHER IT JUST WENT ON AFTER ABOUT FIVE MINUTES. OUR MAID SERVICE WAS RANDOM AND ONE OF THE ROOMS WAS JUST NOT CLEANED DAILY. WE TRIED TO COMPLAIN TO A MANAGER WHICH THERE NEVER SEAMED TO BE ONE AROUND NOR DID HE EVER TRY TO CALL ME WHEN I LEFT MY PHONE NUMBER AT THE DESK . IN THE HALLWAY TO THE ROOM DIRTY BED LINENS STAYED FOR 24 HOURS AS WELL AS A LUGGAGE DOLLY FOR THE ENTIRE STAY. THE ICE MAKERS DIDNT WORK . IT WAS JUST DISGUSTING . AT BREAKFAST WE ASKED FOR A KNIFE AND THE STAFF RETRIVED ONE FROM BACK KITCHEN . BEFORE HANDING IT TO US SHE WIPED IT WITH HER FINGERS THIS IS A MAJOR HEALTH VIOLATION WE ASKED FOR ANOTHER THAT SHE DIDNT CLEAN WITH HER BARE HANDS ! I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY
Other trip Apr 8, 2014