All hotels in Hyde, England, United Kingdom
Captain Clarke Road, Hyde, England, SK14 4QG, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Hotel was acceptable, the reception staff were friendly. TV did not work in my room at first. The leisure centre was OK but in need of a bit of modernising and decoration. Breakfast was very good.
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
"excellant pool"
excellent facilities,good breakfast ,location not too good,but fine for a couple of nights to visit family
3 night trip Aug 22, 2014
julie
"Great Price last minute Spa Break in Manchester"
Superb value for money and I thought the hotel had everything I needed. I wish I had stayed for longer and wouldn't hesitate to return!
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Damian
"Good pool and gym, but hotel rather tired"
The title sums it up - good leisure, rooms tired and worn.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Guroo
Impressive pool. Friendly welcome and good breakfast.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
"my trip"
The hotel was good on the whole. Although the room we stayed in the double bed was crammed in against the wall so you had to climb in from the end of the bed. The breakfast was more quantity over quality. The health club and rooms were fairly clean and well organized.
2 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
edward powel
"Good time"
WE achieved our training timetable, we also enjoyed facilities.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Trupti
"Ideal location for our needs at the time."
Good reception. Pleasant staff. No problems. Facilities good.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Village experience"
I had to stat for work and this hotel ticked many boxes on paper. ita slightly let down by the condition for some of the public areas like the stairwells, but excellent gym/leisure facilities with good value bars and restaurants. My stay was over the weekend and there was a lot noise late into the evening which detracted from the experience.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
lee
"An OK stay..."
Nothing exceptional, facilities good but room was a little disappointing!
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Basic"
Basic room, basic breakfast, basic hotel. I've stayed in much better for the price. A lot of the communal areas look tired and dated, particularly that tartan carpet.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
HC
"Where's The Manager"
I have used this hotel several times over the years and have always been happy with it.....until now! The hotel was not as clean as I would like, or expect, the staff were not dressed well, too casual, and the restaurant 'Manager' wore a jacket that hadn't seen the cleaners in years! My wife asked at reception to speak to the Manager, only to be told there wasn't one, only team leaders. Reception took our details and promised that the 'Area Manager' would get in touch. 3 months have passed and no one has been in touch, not very good customer service! We won't be staying here again.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
R Lidster
I attended a concert a a local football ground and found the hotel extremely accessible . All round good service
1 night family trip May 31, 2014
"Not too bad"
Apart from the extreme temperatures in the bedrooms in the evening which are not controllable it was a nice hotel. Not too much cereal or fruit juice choices but that said, breakfast was tasty. Staff very friendly. Velocity Gym area staff were great and were very welcoming. Squash courts well maintained and pool area very clean. Note that there are Limited times for children allowed in to any part of the gym/pool areas.
2 night family trip May 25, 2014
Leigh
"First Village stay & highly recommend"
Great stay and we will definitely stay again. All the staff were really nice, in fact all staff everywhere we went in this area were really friendly and nice. The 'help yourself' breakfast buffet way brill :)
Other trip May 18, 2014
Kellie
"good location"
nice break to go and see football hotel in need of refurbishment beginning to look a bit tired.facilities good breakfast could be better but ovrall an enjoyable stay
2 night trip May 10, 2014
"Comfortable"
Difficult to fault in as standards are high in the oldest hotel in the group, apparently, but due to it's location, the restaurant did not seem to compensate. Good enough menu but thought it was a bit pricey. Breakfast was good and well priced. Facilities were excellent and came as no hidden costs. Will stay again.
1 night family trip May 3, 2014
Dean
Was a bit concerned when first arrived as location seemed odd in the middle of an estate but once inside that was soon forgotten. Service was great and facilities were good. The pub was pleasant and welcoming and there was also a restaurant but we chose to eat in the pub. Loved there was a Starbucks on site. Can not beat a nice coffee! We also used the pool for a swim. Changing rooms and leisure facilities were all clean and well presented. Was ideal for our family stop over en route to the Seaside.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Tina
The staff were fantastic, but the room and hotel looked tired and the restaurant was filthy with dirt on the walls and thick muck on the ceiling. Very disappointed with surroundings but happy with stay due to staff. Would not recommend anyone eat there.
3 night trip Apr 17, 2014
Andy1
"Excellent service"
I was a little daunted by the apparently seedy nature of the area when driving in through the surrounding streets, but once inside the hotel we soon forgot that and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Food was very good and the service at both meals we had in the hotel was excellent. The room was smaller than I was expecting but was perfectly adequate for our needs, though perhaps a little over priced??
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Faggy55
"Village Hotel Hyde"
Double room didn't have a sofa bed as described. Staff couldn't offer a different room or upgrade as none available. They kindly offered an adjoining room which worked well for us. Service at hotel very good, rooms showing signs of age but clean and tidy.
3 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Great Facilities"
My partner and I stayed here for the Status Quo Frantic Four concert at the Apollo. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The pool area was great as were the sauna, turkish bath and jacuzzi, plenty of space for all. The food was okay, had a pepperoni pizza but there were only 6 pieces of pepperoni on it.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Wifi Coverage is really Poor"
Was just ok not at all modern Village hotel which I experienced in swindon. very old built. I would say other travel lodges have modern furniture then this one. Wifi coverage was very poor that I cannot connect. requested to change my room and moved to another room for the coverage.
2 night business trip Mar 23, 2014
Zuba
"V happy with our stay"
Food was lovely v happy with our stay staff was friendly. Better than expected
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2014
"Great facilities"
Excellent gym, pool and spa.
2 night romance trip Feb 21, 2014
Fredski
"A quick one night stay"
The room was fine apart from it had an adjoining door to the next room, which is ideal if you have children. However, we didn't and the voices from the young couple travelled into our room very clearly, they may as well have been in the room with us! Check if you have been given an adjoining room.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Ideal ocation for our attendance to party in the"
A good de-stresser afternoon spent in the bistro food was ideal for me and my partner before relaxing in the spa.
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
"Spoiled by rooms being too hot even in January"
Our room was comfortable and well-equipped if a little cramped. The staff were helpful and friendly. We enjoyed a free swim in the leisure centre with towels provided. The evening meal was ok and the service was excellent. Unfortunately my creme brulee arrived set hard. This was replaced with another sweet and we were given an apology and 2 free drinks. We had stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago in the Summer and suffered from the room being too hot and had hoped in mid-January that this would not be a problem - it was. We had our radiator turned off and the window open all night but still the room was over 70 degrees (21C) and neither of us had a good nights sleep which on a business trip is just not acceptable. We will not be giving the Village Hotel another try.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
Southbank
had a lovely break at this hotel staff more than helpful rooms very clean breakfast was really nice only downfall was the bed was a bit hard but wouldnt put me off going back
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
"A 2 star hotel in the middle of nowhere"
First of all the location of the hotel is in bad. If you don't have a car don't go there. The closest train station (3m walking Hyde North) has very limited services towards the city center and on Sundays there are no services at all. On Sunday's you have to walk to Flowery Field Train Station which is 15-20m walking. No regular buses around to the city. There are no shops in the area. To go to and the closest "restaurant" is 15 minutes walking in a rather deprived area. The restaurant and the other facilities in the hotel are really expensive. The room was clean and it had a comfy bed and a large tv (where few of the channels had a bad signal),with good heating system but with it had a really bad WiFi connection. Other than that it was a plain 2 star hotel room. The breakfast was poor. A typical English breakfast but with no cheese or ham. For all the above reasons we don't recommend this hotel.
3 night romance trip Jan 9, 2014
Pete
"Great hotel service"
Overall good accommodation, very clean environment, but decor needs updating. We got what we paid for. the only thing that lets it down is tthe guests smoking at the main entrance. It gives off a bad first impression and it is not very nice for the nonsmoking guests like ourselves that have to pass through the smoke area numerous times a day
18 night trip Dec 16, 2013
Jinglehols
"overall quite good"
hotel was fine, rooms clean, service good, location not the best and restaurant menu very limited. overall satisfied but would probably use the cheadle venue which is better although double the price
5 night trip Dec 26, 2013
maniatuning
"Okay but dated"
Not up to the usual Village standard as it was quite dated.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2013
"Party daft!!"
The hotel was ok, the rooms were fine, our problem was functions! There were party's on in every possible space within the what we thought was a HOTEL, even 3/4 of the bar area was cordoned off, which happened to be the only area serving food, this made it impossible to get a table! Room service was the only option available for our family. It would be fair to say party's are more important the quests. We won't be back!!!
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
alan
"Good Rooms and Excellent Breakfast"
The stay was fine but was very disappointed as when we booked we did this because it looked as though there was a nice restaurant. We went to the hotel but found that the restaurant could not be used and was fully booked which was disappointing. The web site should have stated that the restaurant was fully booked due to Christmas Party on this particular night so that we could have found some where else. Other than that was good.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
"Very poor and not what expected."
Unfortunately I left this hotel very disappointed. The hotel is in need of a desperate makeover. Our room was very dusty and in a general poor state. Around the edge of my 'work chair' was a thick layer of dust (clearly visible) to the point that I didn't want to sit in the chair at all. Also, around the room edge and on plugs.... more clearly visible dust. The bed was okay. As we had an early wake up on day one we ordered room service for breakfast, but this never arrived. Apparently someone forgot. The 'free' fast internet was so slow it was unusable. I couldn't get a single page to load. The hotel clearly caters for parties and I couldn't sleep all night due to the constant noise. Dinner was okay, but very expensive for what we got. About £15 for a burger. I have stayed at other Village hotels, but wont now try any that I haven't stayed at before. Very disappointed and unhappy. After a day of work I like to come back to the hotel to relax in comfort. I couldn't do this here.
2 night business trip Dec 6, 2013
Eddy
"just ok"
just ok, but I wouldn't stay here again.
2 night trip Nov 29, 2013
The hotel staff and food were very good. Couple of things advertised when I booked were the in room DVD player and the iPod Dock. Non of these were available therefore should not be advertised.
2 night trip Nov 22, 2013
"What to say..."
Nice room & hotel, however service was not good. From getting to our room to find someone in the bed... Not a good start... what else can i say
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2013
"Helpful and friendly staff"
The hotel ticked all the boxes for an overnight stay en-route to a family function. The Leisure facilities were a great boost. Unfortunately our stay was marred by guests in the room next door who kept the whole corridor awake until the early hours of the morning. The staff tried there hardest to address the situation, but with little results. Perhaps with hindsight they could have moved the offenders to rooms adjoining the rest of their wedding party.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2013
HP
"Brilliant hotel"
Good hotel, nice rooms, fantastic food, in spa chlorine very strong, and newspaper got stolen from outside of room. But would still visit again
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
kailey
"Travel hotel"
Overall we had a great few days here. Gym facilities are great too.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
emma
"Quite a find for such a grotty area"
The staff were excellent, particularly in the restaurant where they remembered us from out previous visit. The room was ok, but unfortunately the guests in the next room seemed to be partying all night... A good place to stay if you have dogs with you.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
cjbviolin
"Fantastic breakfast"
Really enjoyable and wished we had had the time to take advantage of the pool - it looked wonderful.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Simon
"Very satisfied"
This was a great getaway and overal we were very satisfied. Had swimming pool with steam room & sauna and gym facility's. Breakfast was included. This was all included in our 2 night stay. Would stay again.
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2013
Goodie
"Douglas on reception stole the show!!"
Here we are back again at the village, lovely service from all the staff especially Douglas on reception, he can't do enough for you, he's bubbly and efficient what a wonderful first impression of the hotel he promotes. As there was a wedding on that day Douglas said I'll put you on the quieter side so it doesn't disturb you...and it didn't ,we didn't hear a thing. The breakfast was huge with an enormous choice of everything freshly cooked .The room was clean and comfortable. Last time we stayed I left my ear rings which Douglas again returned by post, by the way i love the new uniform everyone looks great.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2013
Denhen
"Great leisure facilities, comfortable rooms"
Best thing about this hotel is the leisure facilities - the pool is about 20-25 metres which is almost unheard of for a hotel and the gym is extensive. The health club showers could do with a deep clean though, the cubicle walls and floor tiles have a bit of mildew. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the iron & ironing board and decent hairdryer in all rooms are welcome. There's no safe and the bathroom provisions extend to hand soap and shower gel in wall-mounted dispensers, but I always take my own anyway so that's fine. Breakfast is not bad - a bit limited for people with food allergies though they did have some GF bread on request.
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2013
AB
"Very under rated"
Rooms were nice and clean but the location and facilities really impressed me. Free parking, free Wifi, breakfast included (good variety considering I'm a Muslim and can't have some of the food) and the leisure facilities like swimming pool, sauna and steam room makes me say to anyone wanting to be close to city centre as better than ideal. I tried booking at other chains like Premier, Travelodge and many more who were double or triple the price without the facilities of this hotel. If I ever need to be in Manchester again, I won't be staying in city centre, it will have to be Village Urban Resort!
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Jay
"Great if away and need to use gym"
Village Hotels are great if away on Business a lot and want to use the gym. Wifi and breakfast included as well as all gym and health club access. Full gym and pool, including classes. Not much in surrounding area but Starbucks, restaurant and pub all on site.
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2013
"Lovely hotel, lovely staff, breakfast gorgeous,"
Everything was as expected, staff friendly and helpful, shame about screaming kids in room next door at 5am
Other trip Sep 30, 2013