All hotels in Vienna, Austria
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereKaerntner Strasse 47, Vienna, Vienna, 1010, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Terrific location"
Very well located hotel in Vienna.
3 night trip with friends Mar 1, 2015
"Affordable Viennese Jewel in Sight of State Opera"
Especially for opera goers of average means, Opera Suites is an enormous treat. It makes it possible for one to stay within sight of the State Opera in a small but very Viennese hotel where you feel like a special guest - not just one of the crowd. Everyone working at Opera Suites went out of their way to be cordial and helpful. The bed was the most comfortable I found during my month in Europe. The bathroom was recently totally update in a most trendy way. Three alternative in room breakfasts are offered for a reasonable charge. Nespresso coffee and tea are complimentary in room and lobby. So, if you can get by without room service AFTER breakfast and without impressive huge lobbies, etc, this little jewel would be hard to beat. I would return again and again.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2015
"Good Location, but room/staff not as good"
The location can't be any better; right on the main shopping street. The room we had also had a view of the shopping street which was great. The "hotel" seemed more like a boarding facility, which is fine. Just was unexpected. They let you have one free soda per person out of their mini bar refrigerator. There was no coffee maker in the room and a breakfast was not offered. The bathroom had been upgraded and was very nice. The bedding was bad. Pillows were lumpy, and the bed mattress was too soft. If you are english speaking, the TV choices were not good. Only one English business news channel. There was a device outside our door which rang like a phone when people were at their door, and it sounded like a phone ringing in our room. Couldn't figure out what it was for awhile, and tried unplugging our phone in the room, then found out that wasn't where the sound was coming from. Was disruptive when we were trying to sleep the first night, but was better after that. One day a staff member came into our room without knocking when I was in the bathroom. I quickly locked the bathroom door when I realized it was not my family. They stocked the refrigerator then quickly left. This incident was a little disconcerting. I had been changing in the room just before that. Glad they didn't happen to come into the room then! The welcoming staff was great, but after that the people at the main desk were not friendly and didn't seem to want to help with questions.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Mandy
Great find, good location and friendly staff. Bed could have been more comfortable .
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Rooms 114 and 215 terrible, but great location"
Had we stayed in a room facing Kartnerstrasse, we would likely have given a high rating for the great location. Unfortunately, we got what I think are the worst rooms -- both Rm 114 and 215 (and I think 214 and 115 would be the same) had terrible non-views of a central sunken roof (complete with cigarette butts) with heating/ventilation/air conditioning (HVAC) units, and external power conduits (we have pictures). But that's a small issue compared to the constant intermittent noises that drove our jet-lagged bodies mad while trying to sleep (even with windows closed and drapes fully drawn) -- noises from what I believe were the HVAC units going on and off -- the rattling that made my son think someone was breaking in his room. The squeaking metallic sound that sounded like a manic hamster on his wheel. Loud drainpipe sounds. When it rained, the dripping onto hollow metal that sounded like an incompetent (but dedicated) hunt-and-peck typist. Plus a bright light that went on intermittently, enough to create a halo of light around the thick shades. I would recommend that the owners spend a night in one of these rooms (especially on a warm and/or rainy night) and consider sound-proofing the interior rooms as necessary. So overall, -1 for the ugly view and -2 for the noises that left us exhausted. We had a few quibbles with the thoroughness of the housecleaning and fact that they'd leave new coffee pods but no creamer pods -- but that was also minor compared to the noise issues.
3 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Jon and Cindy
"excellent location"
so convenient to everything touristy, and public transportation. convenient to have kitchenette. Fully renovated modern bathroom.. helpful and friendly reception. good value for money. Only trick was to find the entrance, which is just a doorway. hint, it is in the building with the Rolex sign on top, diagonal from the opera.
3 night family trip Aug 26, 2014
Kat
"Great place!"
Wonderful location! Very helpful staff. Would stay again !!
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Elegant Viennese small hotel in a great location!"
We just stayed 5 nights at the family-owned 12-room Opera Suites and loved it! It was such a great location, about a block north of the Karlsplatz U-bahn stop and about 5 blocks south on Kärntner Strasse (one of the chief shopping streets) from the Stefan's Dom in the city center. The staff (especially Ina and Yvonne!) were friendly and extremely helpful. Our very spacious (by European standards) with high ceilings double superior room above the street was almost completely quiet despite activity below; the sound-proofing was excellent. Safe and mini-bar fridge in room. Lovely traditional Viennese decor; TV had many channels. It was helpful to have several coat and robe hooks in the room for additional clothes' usage. Also, more electrical outlets than in some hotels. Note: the shower is a typical small (almost square) one, but we have experienced worse as to size. We didn't ask for a room-service breakfast but it is available and very reasonable in cost. The only suggestion I would have is maybe to have some softer pillows (down/down alternative) available upon request.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Esther
"Excellent hotel, great location!"
I had the most pleasant stay at this hotel in Vienna. The staff were very professional and helpful. This was my first time visiting Vienna, and I fell in love with this city. I would consider again staying at this hotel if I am ever to visit this beautiful city again in the future.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Satisfied in Vienna"
My mother, sister and I had a great stay at the Vienna Opera Suites. Be aware, however, that there is one small elevator, and the walk up the stairs is tedious. It's in a good location, right next to the opera. We were able to get tickets to La Traviatta that day of, and it was marvelous. The receptionist was great. The only complaint we had was the bar in the third pull-out bed.
2 night family trip May 25, 2014
AJS
Walking distance to everything, with the State Opera Metro stop just a two minute walk. Many of the tours also start at the State Opera, as well as the Hop on bus. Hotel was clean and bathroom had been remodeled. Not a new hotel but definitely fill our need for our week stay. Room also included a mini kitchenette. One tip would be to make sure you close the windows at night to block out the late night news. I would definitely stay here again.
6 night romance trip May 19, 2014
KennyP
"Excellent service and perfect location"
Perfect location for Opera and for other prominent locations in Wien. Location is opposite Sacher cafe, a bit small board next to the door indicating Opera Suites. Lack of breakfast was compensated with a small cook top, coffee machine and a water kettle. Spar market 2 blocks away helped prepare for next day morning breakfast.
3 night family trip May 12, 2014
Sam
"Amazing place"
It was a wonderful stay.Great staff and very comfortable room to enjoy Easter weekend very close to Stephansplatz.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Wonderful location"
Small, very quaint hotel in the heart of the city. Loved our rooms with the high ceilings and comfy beds. The staff was very helpful with information. I would recommend this hotel and definitely stay there again. Price is very good for the great location.
4 night romance trip Apr 11, 2014
We loved our stay here. It is so close to everything. The staff was was great and extremely helpful, wkth everything from sight information, info on shows at the opera, and also on your best options to get to the airport. I would definitely stay here again.
5 night trip Mar 29, 2014
angel
"Wonderful location, friendly staff"
Opera Suites is in an ideal location to explore the wonders of Vienna. It is directly across the pedestrian only Kaertnerstrasse from the Sacher Hotel and its famous Sacher Cafe (home of the Sacher torte). It is steps from the elegant Vienna Opera house. During our stay around New Years, the operas were broadcast live in front of the building with good sound on an NFL sized screen. On nights we didn't attend the opera we could hear it faintly wafting in our windows in the evening. Everything within the confines of the Ringstrasse is easily accessible on foot from here.The trams and metro are only a couple of blocks away. There is great food, from elegant restaurants to the best of Viennese street food right on the street. Do not be put off by the entrance to the building, which is easily the most inelegant entryway on the street. It is seedy and somewhat under construction. Inside the elevator is so small that 2 people with a small amount of luggage barely fit. However, once upstairs, the reception is staffed by sweet and helpful people who gave us wonderful directions, champaign on New Years Eve and a 2014 cake all gratis. Likewise everything in the well stocked mini bar (including wine) was free and replaced on a daily basis. Our room was large with a couch and chairs and a comfortable bed. The room overlooked the always crowded and festively lit street. The Opera Suites may not be grand by Viennese standards, but it is a comfortable and friendly place to see the city.
4 night trip Dec 29, 2013
Ken and Marsha
"Must stay in Vienna"
This hotel is in an amazing location and while it is a little tricky to find basically you need to know the door is next the Starbucks. This hotel is a great find, it was reasonably priced, the rooms are fantastic! We walked to the Spanish Riding School which isn't far away and the entire area around there is great for walking and seeing Vienna both the old town area, the more modern shopping, and it is near the Opera houses as well! If you can make it happen it is worth the stay - do it!
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2013
Malinda
"Historic"
Beautiful hotel in a lovely older building right on the main pedestrian street in Vienna! Couldn't be any more convenient to all Vienna's top sightseeing!
2 night trip Oct 1, 2013
"Can't beat the location"
The room was OK, small, maybe a little shabby, but comfortable. The desk is not attended at night, and access to the building and room is with keys, so there's not much in the way of security. The location is ideal, very close to the State Opera, the Gesellschaft der Musikfreunde and the Imperial Palace.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2013
August1914
"I really recomend this tiny hotel"
This is not really a Hotel, is more like a 5 stars hostel, beds are really good, and the location is the best, the entrance door you have to open your eyes, because is very small and you can don't realise where it is
3 night trip Sep 15, 2013
Mauricio
"Outstanding small hotel!"
Opera Suites is a wonderful small hotel. It has a fabulous central location, across the street from the Opera and the Hotel Sacher, with its famous Sacher Torts. And it is next to Starbucks, if that is important for you. There are many restaurants, both inexpensive and expensive, nearby. It is on a pedestrian street and thus a little hard to find. It has only 12 rooms, and the staff is unbelievably helpful in every way - they even washed a friend’s clothes on a Sunday when all the laundromats were closed. The elevator is very small - max 2 people with any kind of luggage. The rooms are quite large and well appointed, although one must remember this is an old hotel and old building, but it has much charm. We would definitely stay here again if we come back to Vienna.
3 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"Close to all sites"
Pros: Close to public transportation, On pedestrian only street, All conveniences very close by. Hotel staff very helpful Cons: Hard to find, Very small room
3 night trip Sep 5, 2013
"Best Overnight Stay"
The hotel is very accessible from the airport, the Opera, museums, Cathedral, restaurants, coffee shops and conveniences. The staff was very helpful and always with a smile:)
1 night trip Aug 20, 2013
"Excellent Stay"
Even though it took me about 20 minutes to find the place when I was literally right outside, when I finally made it, I had a really good stay. They do not have a real sign outside except for a standing poster, but if you get there late like I did, even that poster is gone. The hotel is in the perfect location: city, center, right across from the metro, and a short walk to any of the churches. The bathroom was a little small, but it was just me so I didn't care. I'd definitely stay here again.
2 night business trip Aug 23, 2013
Cliff
"Excellent Hotel and stay."
The location was wonderful & the room beautiful. The city was experiencing a heat wave and I really appreciated the AC in a city where most hotels don't have any. I also enjoyed the wonderful bedding. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer. Poor planning on my part. I look forward to a return trip.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
"Disappointing!"
My husband and I had a bad experience with this hotel. The hotel was nice in appearance, and would have been great IF the air conditioning unit worked! It was almost 100 degrees outside and the air conditioning unit wasn’t working properly. We complained the first day and even spoke with the manager by phone. He insisted nothing was wrong and it would take more time to cool the room. The first night was miserable!!!! The unit could not cool the room down even when the temperature drops to the 70’s. We complained again in the morning and they finally looked at it! They stated they cleaned the unit’s air filter and it worked 100% better! I will not stay there again because of the way the manager spoke with me like I was stupid! The unit was able to keep up with the hot temperature after they fixed it. By the way, it is hard to find! We walked by it three times. They need a larger sign. It is right by the Starbucks.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Location, cleanliness, courtesy of staff all great. Hot water in shower was often not available.
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2013
"Wonderful Experience"
The Opera Suites was very accommodating, friendly and helpful. Perfect location. Would definitely stay again!
2 night trip Jul 31, 2013
"Great Viennese inner city charm!"
Absolutely lovely. Staff was very helpful. Spoke great English. Room was small but charming. All looked like it was recently renovated. Great location. Near many of the sites and the metro.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
"Nice hotel at a great location"
Pros: 1. Very convenient location 2. Modernized and very nice bathroom 3. Staff are very friendly and helpful 4. Nice amenities: including a water boiler, a coffee machine, and a quiet air conditioner 5. Fast and free in-room WIFI Cons: 1. The single-bed room (for 1 adult only) is very small with a window facing inside the building (all you see are pipes and compressors right in front of the window and can hardly see the sky because of the tall walls). It is OK to stay there for sleeping but may be depressing if you spend more day-time in the room. 2. The building is old and not renovated (but clean).
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
"Book for the Location"
The lift is still broken. However, there was someone to help me carry my bags. The entrance is hard to find if you don't know what you are looking for - it is a recessed entrance in between a souvenir shop and Starbucks and across from Hotel Sacher cafe. You should also see a green "Coiffeur" sign around the same spot. Reception hours are limited and you will get a set of keys to let yourself in and out of the building and your room when needed. My room was pretty average but kept clean. I could not have asked for a better location.
4 night trip Jun 6, 2013
The location is very convenient right next to the Opera House at the end of the great shopping pedestrian walkway inside the ring. The subway is one block away. The major tourist information center is one block away. Everything is convenient. The hotel elevator was not working and the hotel is located several stories up so hotel employees helped carry our bags up and down. In addition, the hotel offered free breakfast service and the drinks and snacks normally charged in the room were given free. We found the front desk employees helpful and friendly. The hotel is quiet even though locate in the middle of Vienna. As mentioned in other reviews, it's hard to find since it's one small door to find and then up several flights of stairs. Following the directions of the other reviews here helped. The cost was reasonable. Would recommend.
Other trip May 24, 2013
"low cost centrally located well kept hotel"
great hotel, except for the front door is slightly hard to find and the elevator wasn't working
Other trip May 20, 2013
"Beautiful little hotel, great location!"
My stay at the hotel was perfect except for the fact that the elevator was out of service and was not fixed while I was there (for 2 days). An employee did, however, carry my bag up the 3 long flights of stairs. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Feb 11, 2013
"Great Vienna location"
Excellent location with easy access to the metro. St. Stephens (Stephansdom) is a 5 minute walk. Google map the address for easier ability to recognize the hotel entry. It is across from the famous Hotel Sacher. The hotel main door entry is slightly recessed and next to a souvenier shop. I did the google map before I arrived and it still took me a few minutes to locate it. My single room was very sufficient for the price and location. It was very clean, warm decor and an updated bathroom. I would have no hesitation on staying here again.
Other trip Jan 16, 2013
Marlene
"Very central location"
Nice large room with huge windows overlooking central Vienna. Friendly and very helpful staff. Clean rooms & comfortable beds. I might request a room facing the courtyard as we like to sleep with our windows open and it can be a bit noisier on a weekend night. But the view was great fun to watch (when you weren't trying to sleep!)
2 night family trip Nov 23, 2012
Kate
"Fabulous location & staff"
You would never guess from the small, hidden front door that the Opera Suites is so wonderful. And at a fraction of the price of the fabled Hotel Sacher (which is literally across the street!), how can you lose? Just a lovely, family-type inn with very helpful and friendly staff - and you can walk to many sites in beautiful Vienna.
2 night trip Dec 9, 2012
USTraveler
"Nice location"
Great location. We found it slightly overpriced for the service we got.
Other trip Dec 4, 2012
"Wonderful location, comfortable room"
Opera Suites has a great central location within walking distance to many major attractions including the opera, Musikverein, Albertina, Kunsthistorischesmuseum, and more. The room was very comfortable and the staff very helpful and friendly.
7 night family trip Nov 16, 2012
"The relationship location, price, comfort is great"
This hotel has a perfect location as it is just across the Opera House, Rooms have a decent size and are maintained clean and comfortable.
Other trip Nov 18, 2012
Flores
"great place!"
I was a little concerned as I tried to find the place, but once I was in, I was very satisfied. Friendly staff, big clean room, comfortable bed.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2012
"Great Hidden Gem"
Beautiful historic hotel in the very heart of Vienna exuding charm and character. The staff at the front desk was courteous, informative and professional. A little hard to find, but very much worth the effort. The room was small but very functional and contained every comfort. Step outside of the hotel and you are surrounded by everything that Vienna has to offer--just steps away from the glorious opera house. Overall a wonderful experience and we are looking forward to our return.
2 night family trip Oct 15, 2012
"Great little hotel"
Huge room with enormously high ceilings in a very convenient downtown location. Bathroom was clean and shower was very functional if a little on the small side. Breakfast was NOT included (but not necessary.) Coffee machine took some figuring out but ultimately worked. There was a very nice receptionist who was there despite our late arrival. The suites have doors off of a common area so it's not exactly super-private but we were very comfortable. Entrance is tucked away right behind the Starbucks and as others have noted taxi driver initially had a little trouble finding it. Identify it as across from the Sacher Hotel and near the Vienna State Opera and that should work. Wonderful little pedestrian walking area with shops all around literally right outside the door. Plachutta restaurants (2!) are within easy walking distance.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2012
rojaki
"Very Good Hotel"
THE ÓPERA SUITES IS A SPECIAL KIND HOTEL. IT IS A B&B IN THE HEART OF VIENNA. YOU DON'T HAVE ALL THE AMENITIES OF THE HOTELS BUT THE SERVICE IS VERY GOOD AND TREATMENT IS VERY PERSONAL. WE WILL COME BACK FOR SURE!
4 night family trip Sep 9, 2012
J LIMA
"Opera Suites - Vienna"
Great price and great location. A little difficult to find and signage small, but once you figure out where it is - great location. Staff friendly, room very comfortable. Would definitely stay again.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2012
"A Disppointing Experience"
Hoping to end a nice vacation well, I paid about 50% more for this hotel than for hotels we visited in other cities during our vacation. I was disappointed in that the room was no better than those in other cities. I was misled by the online comments about the place. Great location, though.
Other trip Sep 20, 2012
"In the center of Vienna"
Opera suites is a small hotel in a great location. The hotel is diagonally across from the Opera house, around the corner from the Cafe Mozart, and at the beginning of the main shopping street. The U-bahn, trams, etc are all with a block or two from the front door. The hotel had the most comfortable bed we slept on in our 3 weeks in Europe. The staff is friendly and helpful. It is a place I will definitely return to if I am in Vienna again,
4 night family trip Sep 10, 2012
It was fantastic - right in the heart of the shopping district, but our room was very quiet and comfortable. Very nice personal touches by the staff (fresh fruit and candy upon our arrival). I would stay there again anytime!
2 night trip Sep 11, 2012
Christine
"Pleasant surprise!"
I was a little apprehensive about this place. We had a terrible time finding it, and nobody seemed to know where it was exactly. The entrerance looks like it is the storefront of a failed business in the heart of the city. What we found after going up the stairs (we never did use the elevator) was an absolute gem. I wish we could have stayed longer here. It was a classic hotel & was extremely comfortable. The staff was extremely nice and accommodating. I have already recommended it to my friend traveling there in a month. Will stay here again when I return to Vienna.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2012
"Practically perfect."
Helpful staff, perfect location for walking to all sights, clean, attractive rooms with all amenities needed for a comfortable stay, good price. No view but that provided a quiet night's sleep in the heart of the old city. Better signage needed to make it easier to find. A real gem. Photos online did not lie.
Other trip Sep 2, 2012