All hotels in Meta, Italy

Food is not good
    Bad breakfast
    Bad pool
"**** RIPOFF ALERT ****"
we had booked a triple room, non-smoking with 1 double and 1 single bed. Upon arrival, we were given the key to a room on the third floor which included three cots. We soon discovered that the air conditioning in the room did not work. Next we found that the TV remote needed batteries, so we could not operate the TV. We later found out that the shower head could not be attached anywhere in the shower, so you had to hold it from one hand so it did not spray everywhere. The next problem was that the shower drain was clogged, so after about four minutes, you would be standing in four or more inches of water and had to turn the shower off so that the water did not spill onto the bathroom floor. When we complained to the management at the desk downstairs, we were told that we would have to talk to the hotel owner. We asked to speak to the owner and was told that he or she was unavailable and to come back later. We called Expedia and immediately logged a complaint. Expedia representatives called the Panorama Palace Hotel and were also told the same thing – to call back later and talk to the owner. Expedia representatives, my wife and I tried several times before we left the hotel to reach the owner, but neither Expedia representatives nor ourselves could reach the owner. We left after the first night because we did not want to endure substandard accommodations on our vacation. We have since tried to have Expedia representatives reach out to the hotel owner without reply
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"2 star no more"
This hotel did not have air conditioning, nor hot tea/coffee in room. Bed was hard flat as were the pillows. The shower head was weak and dated and the whole bathroom needs updating. The molding around the room entrance door was falling off. Tried the breakfast one morning, bad coffee, milk bad. Overall would not return.
5 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
"Awesome view"
It was hard to get there from the train station because we didn't know you can take the bus which drops you right at the corner... The hotel is on a cliff so ten view is fantastic! The room was very spacious and clean, the only inconvenience is that at night you can only eat in the hotel restaurant because there is nothing else around, and the food was not impressive but extremely pricey!
1 night family trip Sep 24, 2013
Paula

"Bröllopsresa"
En perfekt bröllopsresa!
9 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
Djellza
SE
"fint läge, dålig frukost, restaurang stängd"
Vi åkte i oktober, restaurangen på hotellet var stängd, baren var tvärs över gatan, inte många andra restauranger att välja på. Frukosten kan man vara utan. Ungdomar hade samlingsplats utanför baren och de förde liv på kvällarna. Läget till stranden var bra, fanns hiss ner till stranden men den var inte alltid tillgänglig. Vi hade fantastisk utsikt mot havet, inte alla rum som har det. Polen på hotellet var ok, synd att solstolarna låg en våning upp.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
"Vackert läge."
Mycket trevlig och hjälpsam personal. Bra och god frukost, saknade dock yoghurt. Fina rum med underbar utsikt. Nära till Sorrento med buss.
3 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
Eva
SE
"Bell'albergo con vista stupenda sul mare."
Albergo con personale molto gentile e premuroso. Camera spaziosa con stupenda vista del tramonto. Peccato la non buona pulizia camera. Ci tornerei
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Rodolfo
"Un vero 2 stelle"
1 stella per la vista sul mare, e 1 stella per la camera ampia. Tutto il resto come piscina, posizione, arredo e colazione sono un gran disastro. Mai più. Non consigliabile.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Rosario M.
IT
"piacevole hotel a picco sul mare"
fine giugno primi luglio. Accolti da navetta alla stazione della transvesuviana, Pranzo in hotel non entusiasmante. Bella stanza con vista su mare. Tutto pulito e ben attrezzato. Personale molto disponibile.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
grazia
IT
"OK TIL PRISEN - INTET UDOVER"
LIDT TRÆT HOTEL - TRÆNGER TIL LIDT MODERNISERING LIGGER UDEN FOR BYEN. FLOT UDSIGT FRA VORES VÆRELSE OVER HAVET OG STRANDEN DET MESTE AF PERSONALET ER DÅRLIGE TIL ENGELSK - KAN IKKE FORSTÅ SIMPLE TING - DEN ENE DAG VI KOM HJEM FRA EN HELDAGSTUR - STOD VORES HOTELVÆRELSE DØR ÅBEN. SJUSK OG INGEN UNDSKYLDNING SKULLE BETALE EKSTRA TAX KONTANT - DA VI REJSTE FRA HOTELLET?
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Jan
DK
2 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Panorama Palace Hotel

"Good base in Sorrento area"
12/25/15 Ana S Bucharest, Romania
There are mixed comments about this hotel but let me tell you that they have a "hands-on approach", dedicated and friendly staff that will do their absolute best to meet your needs and the fantastic view over the Sorrentine Peninsula that one can admire at sunset while enjoying a drink at the hotel's terrace bar is a visual souvenir you will treasure all year round.
"Fine Place, Average Hotel!"
10/12/15 izret Brno, Czech Republic
Well, we probably get one of the better rooms, with sea side view, we slept there for one night on our Italy journey, and everything was ok, but nothing special. But the dinner was awful, served menu, pork with strange sauce, the breakfast was okay. Views and location is perfect for romantic stays, just try it.
"Room with a view"
09/19/15 trentkaii Ladysmith, South Africa
The view, from the moment you enter the hotel reception,is spectacular.The staff were very friendly and helpful.Our sea facing room was spacious,clean and had enough storage space for our luggage.We found the air conditioning adequate for our needs.
"Not even a 2 stars hotel"
08/02/15 Andreea D Bucharest, Romania
We stayed there last week for a 7nghts period. The room had a bad smell, old furniture, ants wondering around room and bathroom and the breakfast was a really bad joke. We were amazed by the bad food they served. Each day the same low quality ham, oily pressed cheese, butter and jam, three kind of bread, some salad of watermelon and two cakes and croissant (no filling), tea or boiled cofee, oranges and apples. So: no eggs, no vegetables, no real cheese, no sausages or other bacon that normal people use to eat in the morning. The lady owner was really narrowminded and got upset when we made the suggestion that they really need to improve breakfast. She kept saying "you paid little money, so if you want eggs you pay!". Ok, we wanted to have a menu list to see what the alternative to abject breakfast were, they did not have (of course, printed menus cost money!) and said "you want eggs, i tell you thr cost, it's 5 euro). We are sorry for they narrow minded and bad attitude, maybe with a better service, new furniture, a general cleaning and disinsection and better breakfast they could do a lot better. The view in front of hotel was great, but it is not enough to have me as a guest before. We totaly do not recommend this 4 stars wannsbe hotel, we had better service and room even in two clear & clean stars.
"fine but have place to prove"
07/19/15 Ido c
*the rooms are big and pretty clean, Comfortable bed, the hotel is in a quiet location. *The staff is very nice and willing to help. *wonderful view from the room and hotel. but: *the breakfast is mostly 2 stars( no any kind of eggs, no Vegetable, no Chocolate spread, no yogurts and more) only breads, jam, butter and 2 pies. *the wifi is only at the lobby. (its better to buy sim card with 2-5 g its cost 10-19 euro) * the air condition in the rooms is weak and work only for 16:00, but its doing the work (at the lobby they almost not turning it on). *the car parking is not free (10 euro for a day). if i need to sum: the stay is ok, but they must fix the breakfast, maybe to put new air condition, and try to give a free parking or lower price.
"School trip"
07/04/15 Shelby O London, United Kingdom
I stayed here for a school trip and got back yesterday, their was 40 of us and we stayed here for a total of 5 days. To start with the food was terrible, they didn't even tell us what we're eating they placed it in front of us expecting us to eat it, we also got give some moldy nectarines. Also the fact that we had to pay for water, because we weren't willing to pay 3 euros plus for a drink, we had to take a long treck in the heat to buy some water from a corner shop about 10 minutes away. The staff were very rude and not helpful in any way, we we're sitting in the lounge part of the hotel and got told off for opening a window considering it was boiling. Also our air conditioning was broken the top offer was coming off and it didn't look very clean, we got told off for having the air con on during the day so they then took control of it, where we could only have it on between the hours of roughly 4pm-7am but we had to request for it to be turned on. Also the maids were rude as well and telling us off because our flood was too messy to clean, their was only suitcases on the floor because their is no where to place them! The bar in the hotel its self had hardly anyone their so you found yourself walking around to find someone to serve you! The only good part of this hotel was the view from outside the hotel its self. I wouldn't recommend this hotel if your booking it for a family or friends holiday, it's ok for a school trip but nothing else. Also the pool area was very small with no sun beds around also you could only have a maximum of 10 people round the pool at once. Also to clarify they only had wifi round the seating area near the reception not in the hotel rooms themselves.
"Wounderfull view and typical food!"
06/14/15 Ivan E Paris, France
I spent one week in this nice hotel with my wife, leaving crowded Paris where we live and work. The view from our room was just amazing, on gulf of Napoli and Sorrento. I never saw something similar, just see and coast cliffs from the window...amazing. Hotel staff is very efficent from peoples at reception to service at restaurant. We were particularly fascinated by sublimes dishes of local tradition (aubergines creations, fried courses and fish of couse...). Train is not far for excursions to Napoli, Pompei and Sorrento, but also a hotel car is avalaible for trips. Beaches are fifteen minutes walking. We really suggest it for a relaxing holiday!
"Not worth it"
06/01/15 andypeg123 Watford, United Kingdom
I stayed here at the end of May. Air Conditioning was not on in the hotel at all, though a fan was eventually provided. No safe in the room meant that 40 euros I had left in my room disappeared during the day. When I reported this to the concierge he made no response but told me I owed 1 euro 50 for a bottle of water i'd taken out of the mini bar. I then complained to the manager who refused to accept that a maid would steal money and that i had obviously 'been mistaken'. Room walls are paper thin and everything from snoring to talking can be clearly heard from the next room. The breakfast was appalling and everything seemed designed to save them money. The location is fantastic if you can get to it and the hotel bar had a great view. However even this was spoilt by the very drunken barman sitting down uninvited at our table until we got up and left..
"Really enjoyable stay"
12/25/14
I do not usually write reviews but I feel obligated to do it by the amount of fake bad comments: 1: unfriendly and blunt personnel. Not at all true. I happen to have stayed for a whole week and been attended by all of the receptionists, neither one of them made me uncomfortable. Franco is a nice old school receptionist who was always giving me good advice and even cared about my safety/well being (he was doing the night shift often and I happen to be going out when busses weren't running ;)). I think those who didn't like Franco caught him on a very very bad hair day. Pasquale, the young chubby guy, was also ok, maybe just a medller by birth. Teo, my favorite: always well prepared, ready to give info, suggestions, good advice and always smiling. So... No rude men behind the counter. 2. Cleaning couldn't be better, all maids clean thoroughly. I always found my room cleaned, spotless sheets (of course they don't change sheets daily, dahh, every two-three days), towels even if they are not thick dry perfectly good due to the fabric. Svetlana is one of the maids, she's great, never woke me up, just came back in the afternoon. 3. Food. That's tough: dinner is great, you can pick what you want to eat out of three daily options (they do not repeat but pasta is eaten a lot in Italy so you will find each night one different pasta dish). Honestly I am not a fanatic of their breakfast (different tastes) but I never found out of date ham or cheese, that review is simply unfair, there are always croissants, pastery products, milk, coffe, tea, toasted bread, fresh small buns, butter and jam(not limited to one piece) and yes: juice is not natural and coffe is boiled, not espresso. For espresso and fresh orange juice you can order extra at the table or go by the bar in the hotel's lobby. Not responding to criticism but agreeing on a point: the views are stunning from the sea-view rooms ( not my case though, I would have had to pay extra 20 euros and I'm only 26 so I guess you got the point) and from the terrace in front of the hotel, there is also the hotel's rooftop terrace which you can use to watch the lights of the Sorrento peninsula peacefully. Yes! It is family owned and runned but that is one of it's charms, they put more passion in it.
"wonderful hospitality and atmosphere"
10/04/14 Helen_1007S Modena, Italy
I discovered this fine hotel thanks to the recommendation of two friends and must say that my time there was a great pleasure. The room was bright, spotlessly clean and had a spectacular view of the water. The hotel was crowded with large groups, but I always felt that the staff had time to answer my questions and went out of their way to be courteous. One thing I always notice as a single woman traveller is how the restaurant treats me. Panorama's was great! Because of the large groups, dinner time could have been very noisey and hurried. Instead, I was given a peaceful table near a window and was able to relax and enjoy the food. Risotto Sorrentino style was fantastic! WiFi is available in the reception areas, not in the rooms, but that was ok, because the reception areas face the sea. Panorama also has a terrific outdoor terrace bar for the aperitif hour. Highly relaxing! I would definitely return, and have already told several friends about this hotel. By the way, Meta is an excellent place to stay if you want to be near the sea while avoiding the crowds of Sorrento and Naples.