All hotels in Ukiah, California, United States of America

2.5
    2.1
    2.8
"disgusted"
It was a very unpleasant experience. The bathroom had no light. The carpet was disgusting. We got "locked in" and when we tried to call the front desk for help, the phone in the room did not work. We had to use our cell phone to call and get someone to come and unlock the door, where as the young man had to take off the window screen and work the lock from the outside. Will never stay again and would never recommend to anyone.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"convenient location"
location in downtown ukiah is perfect. Motel is poorly maintained, but room was clean, quiet. Will stay again when on business in Ukiah, ok for one night
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
"Very old motel"
Will probably stay at another motel. Would not extend checkout from 11.00 am to 1.00pm. Only three cars in parking lot.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Cheaper hotel"
Room was clean, Exterior needs a lot of help, Expedia listing says breakfast is included but there is NO BREAKFAST. When I asked, the receptionist said I had coffee in the room... that was breakfast. So it was Ok if your expectations aren't too high.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Very hot in the room, took hours to cool down. No breakfast, online said it had breakfast. Had to call for the internet code that didn't work very well. Good price for a king though.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"SO BAD I COULDN'T EVEN STAY THERE"
My gripe is as much about Hotels.com as it is about Economy Inn. I didn't expect much for the $65 price tag, but what I got was far far less. Even "Economy" is too generous. We were driving through town and needed a place to crash and due to nearby fires we were concerned that there would be any rooms in Ukiah. Hotels.com said this was the only hotel with availability so we went ahead and booked a room. (Prepay, no refund). What we got when we checked in was a ramshackle upstairs room with rock hard mattresses, a room temperature of about 90 degrees, and a pervasive smell of curry everywhere. I decided to simply eat the cost of the room and go elsewhere. It turns out there were many rooms available at other places.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
D.H.
Clean and safe.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
sandy
"Rundown but Ver Low Room Rates"
Rooms are clean enough and in good enough condition for how cheap the rate is. Neighborhood is safe and convenient to Downtown Ukiah.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Cintra Agee
"economy inn ukiah"
terrible, rude service by staff. Good location. Filthy rooms.
1 night trip Dec 9, 2013
djs
"Room next to park with noisy teenagers at night"
Teenagers snd others at city park ran to and from park on sidewalk directly outside bathroom window, and talking so loudly the seemed like they were in the room with me. Also, shower door did not latch , resulting in puddle on floor after shower. No shampoo. Bathroom sink faucets both had only hot water. Receptionist could not provide cross street, due to extreme language barrier. I will not return here.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
marilyn
"We had a booth for pumpkin fest so."
It was in walking distance for the show and restaurants and in our price range
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
keith
"Not fit for a dog!"
This was the worst experience of my life when it comes to hotels. The absolute worst stay , didn't even have shampoo .The hair on the shower wall wasn't even ours. I hold your company just as responsible as the hole we stayed in. We will never again use your poor service again. That's how our stay was.
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2013
"should have known by rate."
Clerk did not know how to check us in with out help. Only offered one key. Rooms bathroom was unfinished. The bed had no padding and a spring etc. made it sorry.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Be afraid of this place"
The paint on the bathroom walls was peeling off. When we turned on the heater it stunk up the room with a burning smell. The carpets was so loose, it wrinkled and it was not safe. The walk way upstairs to the room had exposed wood and the outdoor carpeting was torn off and the wood underlayment was exposed. To top off the stay, the hotel booked a lot of construction dump truck drivers who were drinking and yelling across the hotel lot most of the night. How do you sleep when the hotel allows rowdy people to stay there. I am very disappointed with this place. I could have had a better night sleeping in my car.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
Roy and Lori
"Don't stay here!"
This hotel is in serious need of maintenance. The office had a horrible overpowering smell that was offensive. The room they gave us was not clean. The bathroom sink was disgusting as if something had backed up in it. The office did allow us to look at two other rooms and select a different one. But after some more thought we chose not to stay at this hotel.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"I would not let my dog stay"
Horrid I left after walking in. Awful dirty plain gross. Never stay there! Sleep on your car!
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"Not impressed"
Pool was closed, hotel room smelled like urine, and staff was borderline rude with how unfriendly they were. Bed was uncomfortable and there was no soap in the bathroom.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"quick overnight stay"
upon calling hotels.com, they found this place for us. we were not looking for anything fancy, so if you're wanting fancy this place isn't it... however, it was somewhere to stay before our destination. the people were friendly, but really over priced for the place.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Good enough motel in a great location"
We enjoyed being walking distance of an organic vegan cafe across the street and the town plaza right behind us where they were showing an outdoor family movie. It was perfect for our family on a budget overnight stay in Ukiah. Everything was very clean despite being aged and outdated. There was wall paper peeled of the walls but there really wasn't any stains or dirtiness to complain of. We plan on staying there next year. Budget and location were our priorities. The air conditioner worked well but we left it on too high and woke up freezing. It was too bad it didn't have a temperature control device.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Very Poor Air Conditioning"
Although they have A/C in the rooms, the wall units did little to cool the rooms. With a temp of almost 100*, our stay was uncomfortable. The staff was friendly (check-in and maid), but all night long I could hear every time another guest opened and closed his/her hotel room door. The tv offered many channels and the bed was comfortable.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Road trip overnight"
We stayed here for a quick overnight on a road trip to SF. The rooms are in dire need of updating - including the air conditioning and bathrooms - but for one night at the price we paid, it seems to be in line with what you should expect.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2013
JB
"Nice and convenient hotel"
It was a good experience. I recommend it for short stay.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Rude staff, dirty room"
This owner demanded a higher price than Expedia deal I had already paid. They refused to honor AAA discount even tho their paperwork clearly stated they had it. I asked for a downstairs room was given an upstairs room not yet cleaned. When I demanded my Money back the room suddenly became "available." They made no apologies for their errors and saw stairs were difficult for me. We recommend you stay away from this hotel!!
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
shannon
"Good value & restful for one night stay."
Conveniently located, good value, quiet, and modestly comfortable. Luckily it has windows for night time air circulation b/c there's no a/c. Good affordable place for one night stay.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
"low cost downtown hotel"
Not a modernized hotel clean but worn. It is a great value! Clean and quiet during my stay. I felt safe and could walk to downtown Ukiah, food coop, movies, and eateries. The front desk personnel were were personable and helpful. I was alone and on a mission to get training nearby. Price was probably my key determinant of value.
Other trip Jan 26, 2013
kangru8
"Ok Hotel if you want to save some money"
The Hotel was cheap which was nice on my wallet, however there was a hole in my wall, wall paper was coming off, and just the up keep was terrible. Though for the poor conditions of the room it seemed clean enough.
Other trip Nov 26, 2012
Paloma
"Economy Inn"
The only thing they needed was a little more soap and shampoo
1 night trip Sep 15, 2012
Teresa
"Touring 101 north"
This was a nice convient hotel for motorcycles that are doing the rt 1 and 101 tour.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2012
Lj

"Decent for the price"
The stay was acceptable in terms of a bed at the cheapest rate in town. There was some jerks that came back from the bar and decided to drink outside our room and remain LOUD between 2:15am and 2:45am.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2013
MX

"terrible"
All Inclusive written on the website, the actual nothing. wifi poor quality
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2013
arnold
1 night trip Sep 1, 2012
CH

TripAdvisor reviews for Economy Inn Ukiah

"Don't waste your money on this one!"
06/13/15 PattySmith820
We were traveling on motorcycles and googled for a hotel close (walking distance) to the brewery. We called and booked this when we were a couple hours out...something we usually don't do sight unseen. Not only is this hotel in very bad disrepair, the rooms were very dirty. I left my socks on so my bare feet didn't touch the absolutely filthy carpet. When we woke up in the morning, there was an odd chirpy, squeaky noise - it stopped when we started talking. Who only knows what sort of rodent it was! This place was disgusting!!!!
"Rancid waste of money"
11/04/14 Daniel S Mcadoo
I must say that disgusting isn't a strong enough word to even begin to describe the pit that is the economy inn! I paid way too much money for a room literally sinking and a carpet with giant rotted black holes in it! No working lights, AC etc etc. Rude ignorant female staff member I take it the owner should really learn the meaning of hospitality and customer service! I regret even pulling in to the pile of absolute garbage that is the economy inn! Note: when they refuse to show you a room before paying RUN!!! This place is a cancer and deserves to be condemned!
"Stay Away"
09/03/14 Dawn G Ukiah, California
The female staff very rude. She charged me almost double 4 a room I'd just seen online & refused to go w/ that price. 3 times ppl banged & once opened the bathroom window ( scared me & i only has flimsy wood stick already in window )The carpet was filthy ( wear shoes ) I forgot my favorite blanket on the bed when I left the next morning. Later I went back to office & the same rude lady wouldn't let me finish asking about my blanket or a lost & found,. Just told me " No !" I will never give them my hard earned money again. For now on I'm staying @ Motel 6 where staff is friendly & its clean.
"Too bad there's not a minus 2 review level"
08/18/14 jlptravel0820 Vallejo, California
If you ever go to Ukiah and you see this motel - RUN, I mean it R-U-N the other way. We stayed for one night here because it was the last motel room in Ukiah available online for that date. The other reviews all tell the truth, mainly. First the good stuff: the bed was comfortable, the sheets were fresh and clean, it had a microwave and fridge (good for insulin) and the ac and tv both worked. Now for the other stuff: There was no shampoo, just the soap. The carpet had not been vacuumed recently and was just plain filthy. Probably the dirtiest carpet we have ever experienced in a motel room. It was 96 degrees outside our second floor room (walk up, no elevator) and the ac wasn't even plugged in. We plugged it in and left for a while, it worked well enough. The stair railings were showing rust, the upper balcony walkway was worn down to the plywood. The outside paint was peeling. We should have known what to expect when the door had 1. A real honest to goodness key and 2. The door had, count them, 4 locks from the inside!!! There were lots of loud conversations going outside until late at night. Will not be going back there, ever.
"$31 per night during weekdays"
01/19/14 Peace94610 Berkeley, CA
I stayed here for two night on January 15, 16, 2014. I booked it via Hotwire.com (two stars) so I didn't know the name of the hotel until I finished the booking. After the name of the hotel was shown, I came to TripAdvisor, tried to see the reviews, and I was shocked while I was reading these terrible reviews. Honestly, I almost let go my money (after you booked it from Hotwire, you couldn't cancel it) and tried to book another hotel because the last reviewer's comment about the Bug Infested. I took the leap of faith, went ahead and stayed for two nights. Well, I was NOT beaten by bugs at all. The facility is really old as previous reviewers said. One thing I found out is that Hotwire.com is more expensive than booking directly from the Economy Inn's website. Economy Inn has the weekdays special with 20% off so the rate ends up with just $31 per night. If I had booked my stays via the Economy Inn's website, my rate of the two days would be just about $68 including tax for two nights. However, Hotwire.com asked about $92 for two days totally. I was actually very angry when I found out this result. I will NOT use Hotwire.com for booking in the small city (like Ukiah) for my future stays! Hotwire had $36 per night and the unreasonably high service fee $19.11 with tax. So, I paid $21.85 more than the Economy Inn's website. I sent my complaints to Hotwire.com and they refunded the credits of $6 dollars for my future booking via Hotwire because they do NOT refund the service fee of $19 dollars. I felt that I was cheated by Hotwire.com For staying two nights there, my experience was OK. The radiator on the wall actually worked very well and it warmed up the entire room even though the outside temperature was about 30 F during the night and it was very quite (didn't have noise). The bed sheets and pillows were clean. Carpets were very old (as described from previous reviewers) so I brought my own slipper with me, wore it all the time and didn't walk on the carpet with my bare foot. If you asked me whether I would stay there in future, I would say that it might be possible if it is only $31 and I needed to save money. If I have more money to spend, I probably wouldn't stay there. The WiFi internet was working well (I asked the password from the front desk manager, Mike). That's all I can share!
"Beg Bug Infested - Stay away!"
06/17/13 Donald L Granada, Spain
We were eaten alive by bed bugs. My wife had large red welts all over her body. The local managers were friendly, but it is obvious the owner of this hotel has not invested any profit back into the property for many years. The place is dilapidated. The beds were ancient and sagging with holes in the mattress where the bugs crawl in and out, the carpet deplorable, the mini fridge didn't work. The wallpaper was falling off the walls. You will have a much better night if you just sleep in the back seat of your car.
"Only cheap if booked online"
03/08/13 Trent J Reno, Nevada, United States
I stayed once, booked online, got a great rate, went back again without going online first and they asked twice as much! I decided to sit in my car and use my laptop to get the room after the lady at the desk refused to help on the price. She knew I was going to use their wifi to try to get a better price, so she pulled the plug on the wireless internet so I couldn't! Needless to say, I went to another place, ended up costing a little more but motel 6 in ukiah is much cleaner and has laundry facilities on the property!
"Do not forget your things, you will not get them back!"
01/04/13 Ariel J Phoenix, Arizona, United States
My fiance & I stayed a night while passing through on a road trip, & I realized about an hour after we had left, I had forgotten a nice coat of mine folded on the bed. I called to ask if they could send it back & offered to pay for it to be sent home, but they said they have found nothing. This was not a case that I possibly forgot it either. I truly do believe that a maid took it. They were not even courteous enough to answer a few question before rudely hung up on me. Other than the theft problem, everything else was fine for what you would expect for the price. So don't leave anything behind! You will not get it back & they will not want to help.
"Terrible Motel"
07/18/12 DiamondGirl55 Seattle, Washington
We had booked a King room and got a Queen. The furnishings and bedding were quite old. Internet was pretty much non existent. Came in sometimes mostly not. Pool was closed. Outside of the upstairs was just bare plywood and there was a nasty smell coming from the air conditioner. Next time I will pay more and get a better room elsewhere.
"Decent motel, nice people running it"
06/13/12 Pedro999 El Paso
Good location coming from the coast and heading north. We found the place relatively quiet but in a convenient location. Helpful management couple.