All hotels in Long Beach, California, United States of America
285 Bay Street, Long Beach, CA, 90802, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

Disappointing, some good/knowledgeable staff, others missing information and awareness of hotel services and activities. I'll be staying elsewhere.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Long Beach California - The Pike"
The hotel was very nice - but the area wasn't great (I think I would prefer more options than chain restaurants). The room was clean - but rather small with no drawers for clothes. Also, one morning the cleaning person wanted to clean before 9am and I asked her to come back later. She did not (although I also told the front desk that I was leaving and the room could then be cleaned). In the end, the property was fine and the staff was very nice, but I don't think I would stay there again (although I expect it is a good place for families).
4 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2015
Johanna
"Nice hotel, roof top pool is great"
Hotel is within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. Roof top Pool was a beautiful setting and pool was just warm enough that it was easy to get into. Parking was convenient and inexpensive. Lovely modern decor.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
This hotel was very nice. It has a rooftop pool, bar in the lobby, and a restaurant too. Everything around the hotel is in walking distances. For instance, restaurants, bars, clubs, aquarium, and the ocean.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
The location is the biggest asset of this hotel, as well as the pool on the 8th floor. The rooms are very small.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"A Wonderful Experience"
The hotel was very clean, classy and quiet. The view from the pool was gorgeous at night with all of the city lights.
1 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
Martine
"neighboring construction bummer"
Would book it again, however there is currently construction going on across the street, which we didn't know about till we were woken up by drilling. We were in am even numbered room, which faced the construction. So ask for odd # room. Other then that a great stay wonderful staff, reasonable price to park ...
3 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
Christine
"Overrated boutique style"
Inadequate parking Pool interior lighting hallway Few breakfast choice Can not find my reservation Do not want to offer breakfast even we paid via Expedia Finally give us $40 credit even though some said we have&50 crefit
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Next to a building site"
Okay hotel but located next to a building site with whole Pike area under some kind of refurbishment and resembling some kind of semi-inhabited wasteland.
P
Good experience overall. The hotel building is a little old but the rooms are excellent!!! The staff was very nice.
"Great Hotel and Staff!"
It was our first stay at this hotel, my husband and I were welcomed with open arms. We were getting on a cruise the next day for our Anniversary. They sent us a bottle of Champagne and strawberries to our room and upgraded us to a room with a view. The hotel was amazing and they were good to us! We will definitely be back! Thank you for a wonderful stay!
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"GREAT GET AWAY SPACE"
Very friendly desk staff, started the visit off right. The room was very neat and the bathroom space and decor are FANTASTIC. Drawer space is very limited but we weren't there but for the weekend. There are ample sockets for plugging electronics. There is coffee in the room, which was very welcome even though Starbucks service is available in the mornings downstairs. Breakfast in the dinning area was very friendly and tasty - Oatmeal like grandma use to make, definitely NOT instant. Room service for dinner was reasonable in time and salad was meal size although the cheese & meats platter was a little overpriced. All in all throughly enjoyed stay and will return to The Pike for Long Beach visits
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Dee
"Hyatt, as run by Motel 6."
The staff and room furnishings were pleasant enough, but everything else was lacking. The free WiFi Internet service was so overloaded that I couldn't even open a web page. I wound up switching to my Verizon MiFi Hotspot Internet to work and browse the web. Amenities like toiletry kits, robes, etc., are available only with a phone call to housekeeping - they're clearly betting that most guests won't hassle it and / or want to wait half an hour or whatever for these things to arrive. So they claim that they have them, but for practical purposes they don't. I had pre-paid for parking, but they tried to charge me for it again anyways. As far as I could tell, the "bundle" deals they offer with the "free" WiFi and included parking don't mean anything - the WiFi appears to be free for everyone, and the normal parking rates were the same as the bundle price. The hotel restaurant was closed on Sunday, so I had to go wander the area looking for food - and the options within walking distance are fairly slim.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Erik
Great hotel,very convenience for my family a few block from everything
2 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Edwin
"Fun in Long Beach"
This is our "go to" hotel in Long Beach. It's a small boutique hotel that's not too small. The rooms are nice and beds comfy. It has a good size bar, and pool, The parking is a huge lot right next door where you can park your car yourself. It's walking distance to lots of fun restaurants and shopping and the marina. We love this as a fun Staycation spot!!
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Great location, close to the Convention Center"
Quiet, clean and comfortable. Great location if you're attending a Convention
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Construction everywhere. Very inconvenient."
Construction, noise. View of the parking structure. No wake up call as requested. Very limited meal options.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Lori
"Nice Hotel and Well located"
I was there for business @ the convention center and the hotel is very well located. It is a cozy place with modern design. The room are very well decorated and clean. The only negative was the Gym. It is small but the main thing is that some equipment were not working making incomplete for a minimum workout session.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Patrick
"Close to So Much"
We had a 3 day tournament at the LB convention center. My son and I stayed at the hotel. We really liked how close the hotel was to everything. We walked to dinner every night and enjoyed exploring the city. Everyone at the hotel was very nice and helpful. We will stay here again! It was nice not to have to drive anywhere for 3 days! We walked everywhere.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Kerry
"Great experience"
Very nice hotel in a great location. The room was on the small size but very contemporary and clean. Loved the big walk in shower. You could walk to the movie theaters and many fine restaurants. The staff was very helpful and friendly.
2 night trip Mar 6, 2015
"Astonishing"
It was my first time to stay in a four star hotel and I really injoyed it. I would definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
susan
"Hyatt Pike Best Choice weekend getaway"
Great weekend get away for us single moms that needed a retreat not too far away from home. Everything we needed under one roof to relax- a full bar, relaxing roof top pool, very clean, wonderful and impressive customer service especially from Jeanie @ front desk, and everything was walking distance- shops, restaurants, etc.. Thank U for the VIP treatment.
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"Good choice."
Great staff and property. Walk to everything around the convection center.
1 night trip Mar 5, 2015
C Michael
"Pre-Cruise"
Very comfy bed,sofa/chairs, felt like home. Appreciate wall TV able to turn wherever you please to watch.
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Carolina
"Close to restaurants and convention center"
The location and staff were excellent. You can walk to restaurants and to the convention center. It is close enough to the beach to walk there. The rooftop pool is very nice.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Lounging in Long Beach"
Lovely hotel at the beach and amusement area of Long Beach. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was excellent, clean and comfy. My only comment is that parking is in an adjacent public parking structure.
1 night trip Dec 17, 2014
good experience with reception staff. Hotel booked through a third party payer who did not inform hotel of our arrival. At midnight we waited close to 2 hours while hotel staff and Expedia tried to resolve problem. Hotel staff worked diligently to resolve issue. We, however, were stranded for a long time in the lobby before we could register and be sent to our room..
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Dennis
"Beautiful modern hotel. Very cozy. Excellent staff"
The staff there was excellent. Made us feel really welcome. The rooms are very well kept and modern. Love that the windows open to let then ocean breeze in.
Sam
"Love love love!"
Absolutely loved this hotel. Staff was so friendly and got us checked in quickly. The location on the Pike is awesome. Wish it wasn't under construction while we were there but it was still fun. Room was spotless, loved the hygiene products! Bed was so comfortable!!
Brittany
"pool and entire area under construction."
didn't advise of construction. pool closed. room nice, but small. poor lighting. photo of room looks like a balcony. there is none. can't use fridge w/o incurring cost. bed very nice, shower very nice. rest was disappointing. especially for the price.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
paul
"The best"
Excellent hotel and staff. I was disappointed to find out the rooftop pool was closed for maintenance. This was the main reason why I chose this hotel. Nonetheless a beautiful and clean hotel.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Frat House"
On the first night, there were two drunk people attempting to have sex by my door. Hard to believe in a 4 star plus Hyatt location - felt more like a Motel 6 experience I guess. For the record, this was not a Friday or Saturday event, it was on a Wednesday, non-holiday. So I guess the folks at the Long Beach Hyatt Pike were okay with this. All I got was a sorry at $260 per night. Not returning to this location the next time I do business in LA.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Nameless
"Good location for tourists"
There is construction in the area which affected the surroundings. The hotel itself was in great shape and very clean. Check in and all dealings with the front desk were all very well handled. The room furishings are attractive but I found them poorly suited for a large Man over 6' tall. All seating was LOW to the ground. The saving grace was that all seating had higher than usual arms and backs. The oddest piece was the sofa at the end of the bed. The high back was up against the bed which was quite soft...very soft. SO, you sank quite a bit into the mattress, but the back of the sofa was there sticking up and it just didn't work well, in my opinion. They furishings LOOK nice. They are just not user-friendly for this user. Otherwise, great hotel that feels out of the way and very discrete and quiet.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
C
"Would not stay again"
I was there just for a night, as I had business meetings in the area. The staff was nice, from the front desk to the restaurant. However, the hotel is filthy. The lighting in the lobby, and hallways is less than inviting, you felt like you were walking into a night club. The elevator wall and floor were filthy as was the BLACK carpet in the hallways. If you can see dirt on black carpet, you know if is dirty. There was a wad of bubble gum in the hallway as you turned left after the elevator-it was there both days, upon my arrival and when I checked out the next morning-this tells me they don't run a vacuum through the place. The room was a handicap room (all they had available)-therefore the shower flooded the bathroom floor (despite putting towels down) which would explain the rust stains on the floor. The room itself was very small, and had you been in a wheel chair you would have had to have slept in the bathroom-there was no way you could get to the closet or the beds. The bedding had small tears in the sheets-honestly I really did not even want to stay there, but did not want to eat the cost of the room. Needless to say, never again!
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"Nice hotel in a safe and popular area."
I was looking for an area close to the Carnival cruise ship departure port. This hotel was clean and modern in a great part of Long Beach. The Pike area had many places to explore within walking distance. Very close to the Queen Mary and a beautiful area along the waters edge to shop or look at all the boats docked. I would recommend this hotel to all.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Great small hotel right in downtown"
We had a great time. The staff was great and the room was beautiful. The rates were right in line with what other hotels in the area were advertising. The bathroom and sower was amazing. The bed was very comfortable. The room was very modern.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Nicole
"Great Place to Stay!"
We had a wonderful stay in this upscale hotel. The room was spacious and we had great views in all directions. The location is perfect with many places in walking distance. The bed was so comfortable and the shower amazing. I would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"An Amazing Stay at the Pike"
The hotel staff is amongst the best I have ever seen. The room was very nice and comforting but room with someone you know well since the bathroom door didn't have a lock on it. The bar was relatively decent, a decent selection of beers. Not the best but it got the job done. There was a lot of construction at the time of our stay so it was extremely noisy but thankfully our room was positioned nicely and we avoided the noise.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Terrific!"
Service was excellent at the desk and in the restaurant. Everyone we came in contact with was super friendly and helpful. Room was super cute, clean and comfy! Location will be better when current area improvement project is complete. Would definitely stay there again.
Dehron
"Very Good Experience"
Very Good experience, helpful and friendly staff. Comfortable feel and close to restaurants and other entertainment.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"nice"
Nice location close to aqarium
"good"
It's too small. I even can't open my suitcase.
1 night trip with friends Dec 25, 2014
"New Years at Hyatt at the Pike"
Very nice stay over the New Year holiday. Hotel seemed very quiet. Hotel is adjacent to construction but there were no issues. Close to everything along Shoreline Village.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
We loved this hotel, great location very nice staff and is worth the price.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Sam
"Perfect stay"
Wonderful stay. Clean, new, local and modern. I slept better than I do at home!
4 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Jeannette
"Great location, missed on details"
Location is great to enjoy Long Beach, including walking distance to harbor restaurants and Queen Mary. No drinking glasses in our room, iron did not work, room was not cleaned one day. So the hotel has some work to do. We would stay here again for the location and overall quality relative to price of the room.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Comfortable like home"
Long beach is a very quite and beautiful place to stay. Hyatt The Pike Long Beach is close to the pier and the beach. Although Long Beach is not as famous as Santa Monica, it is more quite and comfortable if you don't like the crowd. The hotel is very very comfortable. One day we took some food from a restaurant, we said we need a microwave, hotel staff sent a microwave to our room quickly. I felt surprised about their service. The staff at the front desk also helped us book the tickets of universal studio.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Yang
"Fun Stay"
It was a very nice stay and everyone was so helpfull and friendly
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Great Long Beach business hotel"
What you would expect staying at a Hyatt property. The only downgrade is the location. If traveling here for work in the area you can't go wrong. For a couples trip, not the best. Staff and room were great.
1 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
"Highly Recommended"
Great service, nice area, clean rooms, and maintained gym equipment. Would love to stay here again anytime I'm in the area.
2 night business trip Dec 15, 2014