All hotels in Arlanda, Sweden
Jumbovagen 4, Arlanda, 19047, Sweden, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great night sleep on a 747"
Sleeping in an airplane can't be any cooler than Jumbo Stay!
1 night trip with friends Dec 1, 2015
"Gemutlichkeit, Unique Experience"
Friendly staff, Oscar helpful. Let me change to a 2 bed room. 4 bed is very small. Very clean and updated. I had an early flight. Very close to airport with excellent free bus service every 15 minutes. Unique experience, you've got to try it. I also liked walking on the wing to sit at a table and soak it all in. Great for telling, "Guess what I did last week!"
1 night trip Nov 16, 2015
"perfect"
3rd trip and fave hotel
1 night trip Oct 12, 2015
Merry
I was the good feel in Jumbo stay Hostel. Comfortable,clean,board is wery good.
1 night family trip Sep 2, 2015
Anna
"Better than sleeping in the airport"
If you have to wait overnight for your flight, you're much better off sleeping here. It's cheap and you get what you pay for.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2015
"Airport convenient"
Exactly what I needed for my 1 night layover
1 night trip Jun 30, 2015
Fawn
The Jumbo Stay was even better than I expected. Very comfortable rooms and an amazing destination. Great service and a great experience.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"PERFECT for overnight layover at Arlanda"
I couldn't have asked for a better situation for an overnight layover. You can take a free airport shuttle that stops at this weird and wonderful hostel, the dormitory rooms are not too expensive (and no one else actually stayed in my 2-bed dorm, so I ended up with a room to myself), and the place is super clean and comfortable with great staff. I arrived at 10pm, enjoyed the mid-summer late-night sunset while drinking a Scandinavian beer on the jet wing, slept, and took the shuttle back for my flight out in the morning. (FYI, it would have cost more than the price of my bed just to take the high-speed train into Stockholm and back--the city is quite far from the airport.) Perfect and great value!!
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
emily
"No food but awesome plane"
It was really cool to stay in an old airplane. The hotel was decent, but the cool factor of staying in the airplane made up for the minimalistic comforts. They claimed to have a cafe but sold only coffee and snacks. Definitely eat before you get there!
1 night trip Jun 6, 2015
Emily
"Excellent hostel, so cool!"
The staff was very accosting with us getting in late at night. There was a free shuttle that left from right outside the hostel as well. The atmosphere in the plane was really fun, it was very clean, and not very noisy. Definitely a very cool idea!
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
Sara
"Very fun and unique!"
We had a 6am flight, so wanted something close to the airport. The airport shuttle has as one of its stops the Jumbo Stay. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes from 4am to midnight. We especially enjoyed the small touches that made this feel like the original plane. The breakfast was really good and they have a small bar with TV. It was a really fun and unique experience!
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
Joyce
"great place"
Great spot i stay here anytime im flying from arlanda very affordable for location
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
GREGORY
"Comfortable, clean, quiet"
Didn't know I was sleeping in a real 747 air bus until I arrived. Funky cool!
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Wendell
"Fantastic novel experience."
The staff are very friendly and it is fantastic to see how they have converted the plane into a hotel. The only reduced area of comfort is that the rooms do not have private bathrooms, but there are one large and three small bathrooms shared, and all were clean. Other than that, getting there by bus from the airport is free, and the experience is unforgettable. I am already planning a return.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Best stay ever"
Awesome experience; nice staff. Why aren't there such original, unique, practical 747 Hotels at every airport in the world? I think this would be a very good business model.
1 night family trip Oct 13, 2014
Nicola
It's a good hostel to stay, when arriving in Arlanda, clean, quiet and the service is good.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"its useful for an overnight stay"
Got late at night into Arlanda and had to wait until 9AM for my transanlatic flight. The hotel did the job for the night, plus it provided for a cool photo op.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"Totally blown away!!! Only one in the world!!!"
From the second I arrived, I was blown away with this amazing and so different hostel. For being the only one in the world they are definitely the best and well worth every penny. I felt as if the staff was great and the breakfast was even better. Only concern was the room was very small and with a full room not much room for luggage. I repeat this is the best hostel ever and something everyone has to experience I will be staying there again in the future. If I happen to come across some extra cash you have to book the cockpit.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Although an interesting novelty, it is too far away to stay for a trip to Stockholm.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Unique Experience of Flying on the Ground"
Of course nobody wants to sleep on an airplane, but in this case its a bit different. They have done a great job of talking a cramped plane and turning it into a cozy experience. While the location isn't great if you are looking for something to do or see, it is a great place to start or end a trip to Stockholm.
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2014
"Great place for a stopover!"
Had one last night in Stockholm and needed a place near the airport. Hands down one of the coolest hostel/hotel experiences ever. Highly recommend it!
1 night trip May 22, 2014
Erica
"Convenient for overnight stay before destination"
Inexpensive and funny overnight stay when you have to stay at Arlanda.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"Not what was expected"
First, it's not exactly close to the airport. You've got to take a bus and if it's raining, you've also got a little walk. Then, there are no toilets in the room. This isn't a hotel, it's a bedroom with shared facilities, although you can book a room with your own bathroom (I paid the extra when I got there). Then, when I woke and tried to take a shower, there was only cold water!! But I thought that would be rectified by a nice breakfast. But that wasn't what I expected either. You see, they serve breakfast rom 3am. The food was clearly out from 3am and the cheeses and meats were hard. I just had buttered bread as I didn't fancy my chances with anything else. It's a lot to pay for what you get when you can stay at the airport for the same as what you'd pay for your own room with a shower. But if you like the idea of sleeping in an old plane, go for it.
1 night trip Mar 3, 2014
"I would stay here again"
For aviation lovers, this is your Mecca. You have to go at least once. The middle eastern hostel manager was extremely friendly, helping me with anything he could, and providing excellent service. I with they gave you slippers because you cannot wear shoes inside the hostel, but the place was spotless. The 14 bus to the airport was right across the street, but I found that it came at inconsistent times. I'd stay here again next time I'm flying through Arlanda.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
TL
"Great place to stay by Stockholm Arlanda Airport"
This was a very fun place to experience. The price was reasonable, considering the high costs of hotels in and around the Stockholm area. It was great that there was a free shuttle from Arlanda Airport (5 minutes). Staying on a jumbo jet was an awesome experience. The breakfast was great. The quarters were quite tight (as you can imagine). Make sure to have your earplugs handy, just in case you or your neighbors in the shared room are snoring! Thank you
1 night trip Oct 30, 2013
Susie
"Jumbo Stay Is Quite Cool"
Jumbo Stay is a converted 747 that is turned into a hotel. Very convenient to the airport. Rooms were very small, but very clean. I'm not a large fan of shared bathrooms, but in this case it was quite nicely done. Beer was cold and the small selection of food up front was alright. Not too much selection. I would stay here again if I were to get a room with my own bathroom. Internet worked well which is another major plus.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
Fun place to stay the night. It was booked full the night we were there so getting into the bathroom was very difficult and when we did it was in terrible condition.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
They make you take your shoes off and leave them on a case in the front entrance. So NO shoes allowed in the hotel at all. Gross! Plus the floors weren't too clean. The bathrooms were disgusting with hairs everywhere, you all share one hand towel, and the showers were all yellowed and gross. I didn't shower too gross. The rooms needed to be vacuumed and the sheets had hairs and lint on them, so not washed. I slept on top of the bed and it was cold. It was a great idea, but the pictures on the website look alot better then they are. Sorry, gross. I don't stay at hostels so if you do then you may like it and be used to it. Plus, it is so noisy woke up all night, horrible sleep. Worse hotel we stayed in in Sweden. I liked the idea of sleeping in a plane over rated.
1 night family trip Sep 14, 2013
Angel
"The kids loved it!"
Perfect if you have an early flight the next morning.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Eva
"Cool but uncomfortable hostel next to the airport"
The shared rooms are very small, around 4 beds in a space smaller than a European train's couchettes. There's no space for the luggage/backpacks. On the other side, is very close to the airport (Take free shuttle bus 14, and go to the hotel in front to get the same free bus back), and is probably the only (Or one of the very few) hostels that are set inside a decommissioned airplane. Very interesting idea!
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
Federico
"A Great Adventure"
When in Stockholm, I would recommending staying in the Jumbo Stay, which is a converted 747-200 and from what I hear, the only one like it in the world! The rooms vary in price, (the cheapest is the dorm room for men or women) then the two wheel-well rooms, (outside the plane) then the individual rooms, followed by the most expensive, cockpit room. They are building rooms in the four engines, (but there has been a delay in construction). The wheel-well room has a toilet but no shower, (and you have to walk into the plane to shower). The dorms and individual rooms in the fuselage do not bathrooms, (they are at either end of the hall). Only the cockpit has a private shower and toilet. The rooms are not big, but remember you are on a (former) plane and they were limited to the existing structure. The free breakfast, (which is open from 0300 am to 10 am) is quite good. They also serve lunch and dinner, (average price around $10) and beer, (around $8-9 a bottle). The staff is quite friendly and willing to answer any questions. They actually make the stay even better. It is extremely easy to find the hotel, (it is on the edge of the airport). Look for (the free) 14 bus, (which stops at every terminal every 15-minutes). It stops directly in front the airplane.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2013
"Nice affordable hostel in Arlanda airport area"
Very friendly staff, convenient free transportation from/to airport, clean facilities, room is good size, free breakfast from 3 am, very good for catching an early morning flight.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Great place to stay before flying out."
This was a wonderful and economical place to stay before an early morning flight. The staff was incredibly helpful and the rooms though small were comfortable and very quiet. It was easy to catch the free shuttle to the airport. They don't have much to eat but what they do have is enough to satisfy you before heading to bed and the early morning breakfast will sustain you till lunch time. If we ever travel through Arlanda Airport again we will return to Jumbo Stay.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2013
Mary Jo
"feel nice"
my kid was happy,I was happy.if you have an early flight,the place works well.everything from the suttle bus,to bit to eat even @5am.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
kirkor
"Great hostel for an overnight layover"
Such a pleasant surprise! This hostel was easy to reach by bus from the airport. It was superbly clean, and the bed was fantastic - very comfortable. I would highly recommend!
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Unique experience"
Jumbo Stay is worth the experience! I had a single room and for how basic the bed looks, it was surprisingly comfortable. The sheets were very clean and overall I'd definitely stay there again. The bathroom/shower is shared meaning that they are back at the end of the plane, but there are individual bathroom/showers, just that you don't get your own bathroom in your room. The shower was much like the size of one on a cruise ship... and it was funny that although i'm not a very big person, my arm kept bumping the shower water handle and kept turning off the water - happened at least 4 times. I was also surprised that breakfast was included. So besides the shower being small, I had a good night stay!
1 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"Excellent for great value!"
A pure delight and unique experience.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2013
"Most expensive room is the noisiest"
I happened to end up staying in the 'cockpit suite' under unexpected circumstances which I won't go into here. However the main point was a stressful travel situation and I needed my sleep. While the woman who showed me the room assured me that I would not be disturbed, after she left another attendant let people up in the 'lounge area' just outside that room and then lectured me about how that was the way it was supposed to be. In contrast, the multi-bunk dorm rooms for about one-tenth the price of the 'cockpit suite' have 'quiet' signs outside. So if you want to sleep, go for the cheap rooms, If you want a mattress in a plane cockpit with people talking and laughing just outside your door, pay ten times as much. The idea is great, but they need to figure out this 'cockpit suite' thing -- for the price the very least one should get is a restful night rather than being in the middle of a party zone.
1 night business trip Jun 14, 2013
"Intriguing hostel at modest price"
Fascinating to see how the plane was refitted to a hotel and to hear its story from the owner. Inspection of the landing gear and other mechanical parts was really interesting, including a walk on the wing to impress one with the size of the plane.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Joan
"Pretty good!!!"
It was a great experience for us to have the jumbo stay! The jumbo is close to the airport! The room is cute and clean. Bath/shower room are outside of the bedroom which likes inside of the airplane. The hotel people prepared breakfast at 3:30am to meet our departure time. Airport shuttle (every 15 min/24 hrs) is with walking distance. It is not fancy but is convenient! Kids will like it!!!
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
couple
"Fun place to stay"
I stayed here three times in three weeks, great fun each time. The breakfast is a little skimpy, but acceptable. The location is great, easy to walk to the car rental location, or the airport bus.
1 night business trip May 21, 2013
"Great location, great rate"
I love it that it is right next to the car rental location at Arlanda. Can just walk across the street to pick up the car. The rates are good, and the rooms are clean, although relatively small. I guess that's because it's on an airplane, albeit a large one.
1 night business trip May 27, 2013
"Unique"
Chose this for the experience and the location. Had an early flight out of Arlanda. We took the commuter train from stockholm, hopped on a bus to get to the airport and then took airport shuttle bus14 to the hostel. same shuttle got us to the airport in the morning. A little pricey for a hostel but the location and experience was worth it. Very clean. helpful and friendly staff.
Other trip May 4, 2013

It was really cool! But it was kind of boring. Nothing close to go to.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2015
Henry
"Jumbo Stay"
A fun place to stay, close to airport and rental cars.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2015
paul
"Jumbo fun!"
I'll never forget the smile on shock on my wife and son's face when they saw where we were staying. A must stay for anyone with even the smallest interest in planes or needing a convenient stop over at Arlanda.
1 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
ian
"Jumbo review"
Great novelty, with a relaxed atmosphere and great welcome from friendly staff
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2015
"Convenient hostel near the airport"
I stayed overnight in this hostel as I had a flight early next morning. I generally had a pleasant stay, but I would say that the place is a bit overrated.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
Basem
"my first stay in hostel in lifetime was wonderful!"
extremely value for cost. cosy comfort clean bed and unique experience to stay in the real air plane! plus, very accessible from the airport!
1 night trip Aug 26, 2015