All hotels in Little River, California, United States of America
You can collect® Rewards nights here
8205 North Highway One, Little River, CA, 95456-9502, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

The Inn was as billed. There were no surprises. The staff were very accommodating. We did the wine tour which was delightful and educational. We would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to visit again.
Genuine guest review
4 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"Perfect Location"
We had a wonderful stay. The room was good sized and extremely comfortable, wine hour was a pleasant surprise, breakfast delicious and we loved the beautiful grounds. We would definitely stay again!
Genuine guest review
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Glendeven Inn

"A soothing beautiful place to stay"
10/06/15 Glennis L Oakland, California
Our stay was perfect in all ways. It was part of a vacation tour of Mendocino and Sonoma Counties with family visiting from England. We had two rooms, Bay Loft and Briar Rose, adjacent to each other. Both had lovely views of the ocean and gardens, and both were quiet and tranquil. Our stay was during the week, and slightly out of high season in late September, hence the sense of peacefulness in the garden and in the rooms. The service by the reception staff was gracious, and we thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary Husch wine with a pretty presentation of cheeses. The inn is very close to Mendocino, just a few minutes by car, but returning to the property in the evening to such a lovely garden and environment was very special. We have stayed at other properties in Mendocino, all of which have been fine, but this was a superior experience because of being just that little bit tucked away. Oh, and I should say that the basket breakfasts were delicious and ample.
"Perfect Vacation"
10/06/15 Redrocker12 San Diego, California
We had tried to get in to the Brewery Gulch and they were sold out. They suggested the Glendeven Inn. We couldn't have a better couple of days. We stayed one night in the Eastlin with a view of the llamas and the ocean. We liked it so much we wanted to stay another night! They were able to move us upstairs which had its own charm. When we arrived there was a happy hour with a delicious snack and a glass of wine. I loved the decor, ,all the artwork, and the beautiful grounds. You can also cross the street and walk down to a beautiful deserted beach. The staff was friendly and helpful and made us reservations at one of the best restaurants I have been to which was right down the street. We would have stayed longer if we could have!! We will be back!
"Relaxing Environment"
10/05/15 Norma G San Francisco, California
We stayed in the Farmhouse (Eastlin) with a view of the llamas and the ocean from our sitting room & deck; very peaceful. Kitchen is located adjacent to the room so breakfast prep noise was heard from about 7 am. Breakfast served at 9; includes an egg dish, muffin/croissant, fruit & juice, so adequate amount but not the best tasting flavors, though a valiant effort still disappointing. Staff was very friendly, especially Alex, who we saw the lost. Evening wine time is lovely, with generous pours and small bites. Cell service is sketchy in the Mendocino area, though free long distance calling is available at the inn. Wifi seemed to usually work.
"Wonderful and attentive"
10/04/15 Jackie T Phoenix, Arizona
We checked into the Rock View room at Cobbler's Walk for three nights. We were greeted with a glass of wine at check in and some tomato bisque soup. There is a wine reception every evening. Our room had a personal note and two brownies waiting for us. The setting is beautiful, 5 minute walk to the bluff over the Pacific, a couple of miles from Mendocino. The property has several different buildings, offering different types of accommodations. there are lots of chickens and llamas. The staff is so nice and willing to help. They packed picnic baskets for us and were happy to do so. There is a lot of attention to detail at Glendeven and Cobbler's Walk. Every morning at 9:00 someone comes to the door with a basket containing a three course breakfast. It was so fun anticipating the basket every morning. We loved it and plan to go back. It is a great value for the money.
"Controlling Luxury Inn"
09/30/15 LeTerrible NY/Westport/Provence
I can see why some people would come here and just go with the flow as it is a beautiful Inn on a working farm and I guess for some, it is an experience worth all the rules. For me, although I loved many things about this Inn, the immediate feeling of a firm, non-smiling 'Camp Counselor/Front Desk Person' saying : 'You are here to stay on OUR farm and here is a list of the name of the animals and breakfast is delivered promptly at 9AM or you miss out and your eggs will be layed by Emily who you can thank....' get the picture....a 5 star experience for some...and a 'not so 5 star experience for others'. I have noting but kudos for the room, the delicious breakfast , the brought in a basket, the animals and the generous treats found around the Inn. Still, I found our greeting to be a bit of a 'You are lucky to be staying with us so follow the rules' attitude. Lighten up ladies! There is away to give instructions without making guests feel like they are 12 and at orientation. Still....I'd stay here again....I'd just sit in the car while my husband , who is more of a follower, lets them give their 'drill' and then I'd meet him in the room. It is all about what you want. I am sure I am in the minority.
"Beautiful and Relaxing"
09/19/15 Wildfamily123 Christchurch, New Zealand
This is undoubtedly one of the nicest places we have ever stayed in. Our room was spacious and beautifully decorated with lovely views. We sat outside every morning and enjoyed the beautiful breakfast that was delivered to us in a picnic basket. There were llama's to chat to and chickens to visit. We were sorry that the weather was not cool enough to allow us to use the fireplace in our room. We very much enjoyed the shared lounge room where we could go to make a coffee or tea, sip a sherry or eat a biscoti. The staff were very friendly and we enjoyed the opportunity to meet other travellers every evening for drinks and nibbles. I can't speak too highly of Glendeven and thoroughly recommend it.
"Refreshing and Relaxing!"
09/14/15 greenupky Atlanta, Georgia
We discovered Glendeven Inn online.....It was everything as described! A wonderful setting, superb views, great service....professional and very friendly. We loved it. My wife and I spent three nights in Bay View, a large, comfortable suite....just like staying in our own home. The breakfasts were excellent. The llamas are spell binding, a real treat. The restaurant and activity recommendations were spot on. All in all, we have no complaints about Glendeven Inn. It was worth the trip from Atlanta to see this area. We hated to leave and will return the next time we are in the area.
09/10/15 ashley s Ben Lomond, California
Besides the Ritz in Rome this is the best place we have ever stayed. The grounds are beautiful, the service is great, the sheets are the softest I've ever felt, and the food was delicious! We even had a real fireplace in our room and a gorgeous view of the ocean from our private patio area. We will definitely be back!
"Escape to Relaxation & Beauty"
08/30/15 ABlueEyedSwede
We found Glendeven on a travel site, and took a chance. We are frequent guests at B&B's/Inn's and really enjoy being pampered. We were not disappointed at Glendeven. The grounds were phenomenal! The room was beautifully furnished, spacious and quite comfortable. The breakfast was simply delicious. We LOVED the Wine Bar(N), ended up having the staff plate some delicious cheese/crackers so we could stay in our beautiful room for dinner. I really enjoyed all the farm animals and creatures on the grounds, and took many, many photos of the wildlife. We really needed some downtime to relax and refuel and we got it at Glendeven. Thank you John and your great staff for helping us get exactly what we needed. And, we WILL be back. ***nice touch in having our parking place labeled with our names! And the farewell message on the sign when we left, wishing us safe travels :-)
"Refreshed and recharged"
08/27/15 jmfc92075 Solana Beach, California
Spent three days at Glendeven Inn and in Mendocino and loved every minute of it. We stayed in the Etta suite where we enjoyed ocean views from both rooms as well as the outside deck. Each morning a delicious breakfast was delivered and included farm fresh eggs, fresh fruit and incredible baked bread or scone. Afternoon wine, served in the wine bar[n] included local wines and delicious appetizers. Staff was professional, friendly and very accommodating. Beautiful grounds, peaceful and tranquil.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews