All hotels in Little River, California, United States of America
You can collect® Rewards nights here
8205 North Highway One, Little River, CA, 95456-9502, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

The Inn was as billed. There were no surprises. The staff were very accommodating. We did the wine tour which was delightful and educational. We would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to visit again.
Genuine guest review
4 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"Perfect Location"
We had a wonderful stay. The room was good sized and extremely comfortable, wine hour was a pleasant surprise, breakfast delicious and we loved the beautiful grounds. We would definitely stay again!
Genuine guest review
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Glendeven Inn

"LLamas and Chickens and Bears, Oh MY!"
11/20/15 paullitsky Berkeley, California
Well, no bears, but lots of llamas and chickens, some with fuzzy heads and some with fuzzy feet. We are sitting at the window eating our eggs florentine and fresh baked muffins watching the chickens in the back, mama llama and pajama llama in the middle, and three woodpeckers at the feeder. And behind it all the lovely Mendocino coast.
"Our favorite place in Mendocino"
11/18/15 James C San Francisco, California
We've just stayed our second time at the Glendeven Inn and it was just as delightful as the first time. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, we were treated with a warm hospitality and fine attention to detail. We loved the soft bed sheets, the breakfast brought to our room in a wicker basket. The small sachet of chicken feed to give to the hens in the coop across the way. The beautifully landscaped gardens and the helpful staff who offered suggestions on where to dine. We will keep coming back.
"Beautiful place, nice location"
11/16/15 MJCT12 Redding, California
We stayed for 3 nights in the Pinewood room, which was as big as an apartment, beautiful, comfortable, quiet, and clean. We had some issues with service, which were as distressing - if not more - to the owner as it was to us, and he made every effort to sincerely assure us that the problems were being rectified. If he can get the service up to top notch, I would definitely rate this a 5.
"Professional and friendly staff plus most amazing property and view!"
11/16/15 Kathryn L Chicago, Illinois
The folks on the phone were most accommodating, and on our arrival everything was just as expected. What a great spot and wood burning fireplaces in many rooms, you don't see this very often - so special!!
"Relax and enjoy!!!!!!!!"
11/11/15 George S Vacaville, California
Came here for a combination aniv. and wife's birthday. Stayed 4 days/3 nights. As we walked into our room (the garret on top of the farmhouse), we were treated to fresh flowers and a chilled bottle of bubbly!!! Great view of the coast with waves breaking on the rocks/cliffs. 6 Llamas and many chickens on site. We fed the chickens and had their eggs for breakfast, an outstanding 3 course meal served in our room!!!! Wine tasting and light apps in evening. Cookies/biscotti and coffee 24/7 with sherry nightcaps. Slept like a log on very comfortable bed!!!Staff excellent!!!! One of the best B&B's we have been to. Best was no cell phone and no TV!!!! Great to have time together!!! Near state parks with super nature walks!!!! If you like to walk, this is the place.
"Great location, cozy and romantic inn"
11/02/15 tk712 Saratoga, California, USA
My boyfriend and I celebrated our 6-year anniversary at Glendeven. The inn is in a great location: close to Albion, Little River and Mendocino and accessible to some great headlands walks. We stayed in the Garret room, which had a view of the ocean (across the street). The inn does a great job of providing an introduction to the area and they are very helpful with recommendations and reservations. Walls are a bit thin, but everyone turns in early so isn't an issue. The breakfast was great! The meal includes 3 courses (egg dish, carb and fruit). Also, there are always cookies, biscotti and tea/coffee for you to enjoy. Only thing I wish had happened is that they would have acknowledged our anniversary (I had noted this when I made the reservation!). Completely recommend for a quiet, romantic getaway.
"Wonderful weekend"
10/27/15 Jan F Eugene, Oregon
We loved our stay at the Glendeven. Everything was perfect from arrival to our departure. The house is an architectural gem in a bucolic setting, near forest on one side, and close to the coastline on the other. Six llamas watch placidly over the property, while hundreds of birds share a birdfeeder outside the lounge (including three woodpeckers). Or room (the Garret Room) was at the top, under the roof and enjoyed a lovely view of the ocean through three little dormers. Our room was beautiful, clean, and furnished with an antique bed and comfortable chairs. The bathroom was sparkly clean and offered a marble-clad shower and luxurious organic beauty products for hair and body. Breakfast in bed was delicious both mornings, and we enjoyed the free Sherry, coffee, biscotti and cookies in the lounge downstairs. We will definitely come back for more!
"A Sanctuary from Everyday Life"
10/26/15 tasteandseelife Houston, TX
Glendeven Inn is a sanctuary from everyday life. It’s peaceful, exactly what a vacation should be. Rustic surrounded by nature, refined immersed with modern luxury. It’s a place where you can relax and enjoy nature without driving. You can simply be. Just wander on one of Glendeven Inn’s three trailheads and get in touch with nature. It’s that easy. John Dixon, the owner of Glendeven Inn and Cobbler’s Walk, knows the importance of relaxation. He told me the story of how he discovered Mendocino. He was an avid cyclist from Los Angeles and stumbled upon Mendocino on a cycling tour along Hwy 1. He fell in love with the scenery and tranquility of Mendocino. A few years later, he purchased Glendeven Inn, and later Cobbler’s Walk. John is the third owner and pours his heart into every detail of his properties. From the six llamas and forty chickens to the interior design of each room, John’s influence radiates style and grace. I was blessed to stay two nights at Glendeven Inn’s Carriage House Suite. I felt spoiled the moment I arrived. A personalized parking space, a complimentary bottle of champagne with a homemade brownie, fresh flowers, and a handwritten note from John Dixon made me feel like royalty. I enjoyed every minute of my stay here. On my last day, John gave me a personal tour of Glendeven Inn and the Cobbler’s Walk. Each room had character and a story to tell, a blend of restored antiques and modern classics. He pointed out the room the Clinton’s stayed in. He escorted me to the ocean view rooms: the Garret, Etta Suite, and Eastlin Suite. John showed me the work of his current craft, bathroom redesign. At Cobbler’s Walk, his hand-laid marble tile bathroom floors looked like a photograph out of the Restoration Hardware catalog! We finished the tour with a sweet good-bye. I received a kiss from one of the Glendeven llamas. A rare treat that few people experience. I left smitten with Glendeven Inn and Mendocino. I can’t wait to come back! Please view my blog post 3 Days in Mendocino on the TASTE and SEE LIFE website for travel tips and planning ideas!
"Private getaway"
10/21/15 deb9254 Winchester VA
A beautiful, well appointed private getaway with nothing lacking. Friendly helpful staff, beautiful property, delicious food and wine and hot 3 coarse breakfast delivered to your room. Walking trails to the coast, wood burning fireplace, comfortable bed with over the top linens. Nothing was left un thought of or undone. Hated to leave.
"Minimoon perfection"
10/20/15 xenophile23 Alameda, California
Not quite ready to break away for a full honeymoon, our little minimoon stay at Glendeven was exactly what we needed after the stress of a wedding! No cell service! That was super to ensure we unplugged a bit. The shy llama family was fun to watch, and the less shy chickens were a joy to feed. The wine hour was a great way to get a snack and mingle a little with your fellow guests - the Table Topics are a nice touch to ensure easy conversation. The snacks were perfect - light enough to not fill you up before dinner, paired well with the wine being served, and delicious! The farmhouse was a great spot to play a game in the evening, and spend even more time with fellow guests - we met a couple from Ohio that knew our wedding photographer - such a small world! Breakfasts were delicious and filling, service was outstanding. Honestly, if I were to open my dream B&B, it would be so similar to Glendeven they'd be indistinguishable. I cannot wait to go back!
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews