All hotels in Newport, Oregon, United States of America

Great room
    Delicious food
  • Beach
    Reasonable beach
"Been there might go back"
Last year the room did not have a mildew odor. This year the room had a smell like nobody has been in the room for months. The salty air is rough on maintenance at the coast so I should have brought a candle. The room looked clean, smelled musty and the towels are not high quality. Dud nit swim at the indoor pool but others did. The staff is super friendly and kind.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Aquarium convenient"
Walking distance to Aquarium which is great when you have children involved . Tired of the Aquarium take a swim on the pool. Breakfast foods for young and old, comfort or more healthy choices available. Rooms clean, beds comfortable and staff friendly and helpful
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
gayle
Everything was good, except for the next door family, they had a little one that made a lot of noise at night!
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
The facility is new so it was very clean and comfort and breakfast was an average.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Good value at a moderate price"
We stayed three nights,wanted top floor, away from elevator and vending machines. Requests were honored and our room was very clean and quiet. Many choices for breakfast and there was an ample amount of each choice. Our only complaint, and it wasn't major, was the long waits for the elevator. We will stay here again next time we visit central Oregon.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
newly retired
"Don't stay in room #129"
Room #129 adjoins the commercial laundry room of this facility. From 8:30pm till midnight & from 6:30 am to 9am, I was subject to the annoying noise of those large comml. laundry baskets being rolled across the laundry room floors and bumping into my walls. The Front desk staff solution to the problem when I complained and asked to be moved was to give me a pair or ear plugs. Next visit to Lincoln City, OR I will stay at the La Quinta Inn next door. Good bye Holiday Inn some holiday!
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Overall the hotel is ok. They put me and my husband at the ground floor which seems to be fit for a senior coz of the bathroom but was fairly big. I didnt bother to be transferred coz we wont stay too long anyway.They didnt put much effort in making the bed look presentable though. The skirt was hanging out and the pillows doesnt look very appealing. breakfast was good but not too many selection.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Minnie
"Better Than Average"
The hotel was very clean, quite, and nicely located around the corner from the Oregon Coast Aquarium. The breakfast was very good for a free breakfast, definitely the best I have had in a hotel where it was free. There was no shortage of food, and it was packed full of people in the dining area. This was a better than average hotel. I would stay again. The only wierd thing, the pool had a salty taste if you got the water in your mouth. Saltwater pool??? Not sure, not a deal breaker though.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Great experience"
Very well maintained faculties and front desk was always helpful. This was a return trip fro us and we would not stay anywhere else if visiting Newport again. We loved the hot breakfast, clean (heated) pool and gym. Recommended!!!
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
AB
Usually we rent a house when we go to Newport, but we were too late in deciding when to go. The Holiday Inn was a great alternative, as it was close to the marina and Hwy 101. The room was very clean and comfortable. There was a microwave and fridge, which was a plus as we were there for five days. The breakfast was nice, with hot items (bacon, eggs, sausage, pancakes) as well as cereal, breads, and juice. Staff were great. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to stay in a nice motel in Newport.
4 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Dawna
"Near aquarium"
Great location, clean rooms. I always enjoy a good soak in a Jacuzzi after a long day of driving;however, it was close for maintenance.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Alicia
"Excellent Choice"
An excellent choice if you are looking for a newer, clean, comfortable, quiet hotel in Newport. Don't expect a view of anything but the parking lot but aren't you supposed to be out on the beach or shopping on the bay front anyway?
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
"Not the worst or the best."
I have to say the employees when I checked in (super late at night were super nice). After driving all day from Lake Tahoe I was exhausted. By the time my kids and I were ready for bed it was even later and I was beat.... their bed was fine, mine had not been changed - DIRTY BEDDING. I called down to the desk & started to strip the bed because I have read so many reviews and knew they would not be changing them at midnight. Desk girl brought up clean ones, apologized and offered to take the dirty ones. Still, if I wasn't exhausted and there were other options in town I would have asked for a refund and moved to another brand. HIE used to be my go to brand but I am growing impatient with their inconsistencies as of late.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Great place to stay. It was clean and very nice not to far from everything.
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
kc
"great night"
wonderful for myself and two kids!
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
"Perfect for our stay!"
We booked on advice from friends. We were impressed by the comfort of the room and the spaciousness of the bathroom. This was particularly important for my elderly father. We were close to the event we came for, and hotel employees were very helpful to us.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Lynne
"Family Getaway"
Nice hotel. Stayed for three nights with two adults and three kids. Rooms were very large so we didn't feel cramped at all. The beds were very comfortable, bathroom nice and large. Breakfast was decent and the location was right next to the aquarium. The only complaint I had was the indoor pool & sauna room was so hot it was uncomfortable, even if you were swimming. Need to turn down the heat in there. Otherwise, great hotel for a family stay, they had board games available to check out at the front desk which kept the kids entertained while we relaxed. Great stay.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Cara
Nice appearance. Seemed very clean and staff is friendly. Nice Pool area and a great breakfast in the morning. We are a family of 4 with 2 little kids and this was a nice choice for us since it's close to beach access, bay front and the aquarium.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
michelle
"Easy half mile walk to Rogue Brewery"
Nice room except the air conditioner was loud. Breakfast was good. The spa was great after a long day of riding!
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
We enjoyed our stay. Location is fine , but a little away from the restaurants and shops
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Hotel stay"
I loved it close to the beach and aquarium. Didn't want to get out of bed it was so comfy! I would definitely book a reservation there again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Maria
"4th of July in Newport"
Spent family weekend at this property for the 4th of July. Front desk, breakfast, and housekeeping staff were all very friendly, helpful and warm. Enjoyed the fresh and light atmosphere of the lobby and rooms. Other than the aquarium, the neighborhood does not have much to offer, but overall a good value, good stay and a good time.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Very nice hotel that is close to everything"
Quite the nice hotel that is pretty close to everything. Great breakfast and overall very clean.
Highroller4321
Great room, good breakfast with wide selection. Nice pool for the kids. Very slow elevator.
"Great place to stay for Aquarium"
Not very close to the beach, but you're in Newport, so anywhere you go, you won't be far. Nice hotel for the price. Could be a little cheaper, but welcome to the beach. :)
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Strange
"Don't stay by the elevator or ice machine"
We did a long road trip and this was our first stop. We were put in a room by the elevator and ice machine. It was very noisy and didn't allow for much sleep. After staying at 4 other hotels, in a similar price range, I have to say that this was the best one. Had everything we needed didn't fall short like the others. Will continue to stay at holiday inns express in the future.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
cgal
"Very close to aquarium!"
Had an excellent stay here. Only found a spec of dust under the air conditioner. The pool was clean and very enjoyable and the breakfast is amazing. Minimal walking distance to the coast aquarium which was a major plus for me. Will come back again for sure!
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Coast Goer
Very relaxing!
2 night trip May 16, 2014
"Quite Good"
Nice hotel. Suggested to clean under beds & use sheets that fit. Overall though, quite good.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Excellent Breakfast"
Very nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. The Continental breakfast was quite good, with a nice selection of hot and cold dishes to choose from. It was a most relaxing stay.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Great for families"
Nice, clean room with excellent service and amenities. Great location close to Aquarium and all Newport has to offer. Would stay there again anytime.
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2014
"Wonderful!"
We loved the comfort and quality of this hotel. Check in & out was very easy. The breakfast bar was great! Location close to the Oregon Coast Aquarium was just what we needed. I think we'll be staying there again in the future.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Noël
"Good Hotel for the Oregon Coast"
The service was great. My tv was in Spanish when I arrived. The front desk went above and beyond to make sure it was fixed. The free breakfast was really good also.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2014
David S.
Everything was fine! No complaints!
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"The perfect getaway!"
We had an amazing time at the Holiday Inn in Newport! The room was spotlessly clean, spacious and perfect in every way. The pool and hot tub were sparkling clean and inviting! Every morning a breakfast buffet was offered that was truly a delight! I'm talking about real food; everything from eggs and sausage to cereal and cinnamon rolls! And don't forget the juice and fresh fruit! All that, plus we were perfectly situated on the Central Oregon coast with Lincoln city to the north and the dunes in Florence to the south. Can you guess we'll be coming back? I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn in Newport, Oregon!
3 night romance trip May 25, 2014
Very clean hotel. Pool was warm enough for kids to swim in unlike other hotels we have stayed at. Close to Oregon Coast Aquarium. Only drawback to this hotel is that you have to drive to get to the beach. Other than that, very clean and friendly.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
C
"Very close to the Aquarium."
The motel seems brand new. The staff was very attentive and efficient. A friendly family-style restaurant is right behind it.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
Marc
"Nice hotel close to aquarium and bay"
Manager was incredibly nice and helpful. Was flexible with checkout since we arrived so late at night--thank you!
Other trip May 24, 2014
Staff was very helpful. I would love to stay with them again.
2 night trip May 14, 2014
Vern
"The hotel was close to all we wanted to see."
The overall cleanliness was a major factor to our stay and the beds were very comfy.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
Ann
Very clean and the staff was great.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
Nelson
"Convenient and comfortable"
Spent two nights here during our first trip to the Oregon Coast. Off the beaten path but still in a convenient location, near the aquarium and Rogue Brewery.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Don
"We loved it all"
This is the best hotel we have stayed at. The room was quiet and clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent also. Quite a spread for us to choose from. We will stay there again if in the area.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Aquarium"
You can walk to aquarium next door but you will probably want to drive to the beach and the shopping area unless it is a nice sunny day. Staff were friendly and rooms were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was typical for free food, i.e. poor.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Best hotel experince, ever"
Everything was great. The room, the staff, the pool, the breakfast... it was all incredible!
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Very Nice!"
This place was such a nice hotel. We were pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of this hotel. The staff was very nice and the morning breakfast was good. Bed was comfy and even the pillows were nice. I would stay again and tell anyone going to Newport or rogue to stay the night here.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Brent
"Clean/updated, Close-in, Nice Family hotel"
This hotel was very clean. It is either fairly new or recently renovated, very updated and everything in good condition. Loved the free in-room wifi, rooms had microwave and mini-fridge. I thought the bed was comfortable, husband did not, so that's a personal preference. Definitely need to bring my own pillow, I need a flat one and theirs are all puffy. Nice little pool and spa that the kids enjoyed. The free breakfast had lots to choose from. Overall really enjoyed our stay here.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Rachel
"No guaranties on reserved cribs"
We had reserved a crib 3 weeks in advanced when we arrived the desk clerk said that they are first come first serve and we did not get one. Our son and daughter-in -law did not get much sleep because their son is used to sleeping in a crib. Your crib policy sucks!!
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Greg Evans
"Portland to The Coast for One Night"
Family took a night off in Newport and very nice it was. Shame about the weather.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Wonderful"
The hotel was comfortable and clean. The pool was nice. Great breakfast.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014