All hotels in Vicksburg, Mississippi, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here4116 Washington St., Vicksburg, MS, 39180, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Very nice hotel except for the bed. The mattress was very lumpy and saggy. They have a shuttle that runs about every 10-15 minutes to their casino across the street.
1 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
Kenneth
"Not Bad"
Comforter had a cigarette burn in it and room had a broken lamp. Also, no fan in the bathroom to vent shower steam. Did have clean hallways and a beautiful view of the Mississippi river. Would have been nice to have a small refrig. and maybe a microwave. Close to everything which was nice. Minimal amenities which was surprising since it was a casino hotel. No breakfast but guess they want people to go across the street to the casino.
3 night trip Oct 14, 2014
"Pleased"
We would have given Amerstar 5 stars if it had been within the casino. We found the hotel through Expedia everything went great with that but it wasn't listed that the hotel is separate from the casino; so that was some what disappointing. Although, the staff was very friendly, helpful & the shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes. Our room was awsome & very clean!
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Cojo,
Good value for the money. Very clean and attractive. Upgraded to king room with no problem.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"Weekend stay"
Absolutely wonderful stay!!! Will stay again. Great service
2 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
Chad
The rooms were clean, comfortable and friendly. It was easy to find and had a functional shuttle to the casino. a beautiful setting.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Tom Bob
It was OK but not over the top. I would stay again.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2014
Jackie Rhodes
The hotel and staff did a great job in making our stay perfect. I wish that the room had a mini refrigerator, but that is my only complaint. I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff - even the lady sweeping the parking lot at 7am.
2 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
Tom Onions
"Great place to stay in Vicksburg!"
Very nice hotel. Will return in the future.
1 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
"Near Historical Sites"
Easy access to the historical sites of interest. The casino was too smokey for our taste, therefore we did not patronize the casino or restaurant. The hotel was a smoke free environment and very pleasant.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
We are retired
"Hotel not connected to Casino"
The hotel room was clean. The shower rod was partially broke. The hotel does not connect to the casino. The Casino is across the street and you must drive or take hotel bus.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
I was disappointed in the location of the hotel....across the street from the casino which included the restaurants. Upon check-in I was given a promising review of the restaurants and accommodations, however when I was ready to order room service; there was none available. I would have to catch the shuttle to go across the street to the casino...not good with children in tow.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Tagrvy
"Driving through"
Room was clean and hotel was good. Friendly customer service.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Bitrob
Unfortunately has not been kept up . the reception area and service was satisfactory but the rooms smelt musty and was somewhat dusty . The bathroom drain was slow and the tub was slick .Not sure I would stay in this hotel again as it was also pricey in comparison to other hotels in the area .
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
SF
It was nice, clean, and convenient. Had a great time in Vicksburg and the casinos.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
I thought the hotel was nice and clean. However, it was located across the street from the casino, which was an inconvenience. For anyone staying in the area, I would definitely recommend dining at Rusty's Riverfront Grill. It is located about 3 miles north of the casino.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Want to smoke?"
The hotel is smoking and the smell is very strong. The bed was comfortable. The shower did not drain in either room. This hotel is not connected to the casino.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
Had a fine time in the very elegant hotel. Room was top class (as was the excellent meal offering). Ps surprised that smoking was permitted in the casino - maybe that's the law in the US
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"I20 Stopover"
Great hotel! Got to slip in for a little gambling too!
1 night trip Sep 3, 2014
Really appreciated shuttle to casino. Hotel was convenient to sites we were visiting.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
The rooms were very nice and clean. Service was good. Casino was set up nicely with the evening buffet upstairs. The breakfast at the casino cafe was one of the best breakfasts I have had in awhile. Very large portions and tasty sausage gravy. I would stay there again.
1 night business trip Sep 1, 2014
"Disgusted"
First of all, it is misleading. The casino isnt connected like it looks. So therefor it didnt have a valet or bell hop which we were needing. Husbsnd has a prosthetic leg and I had a broke foot that just come out of a cast and was using a cart to get around. Well we made do. But that night when we got ready for bed and the sheets were dirty, the pillows stunk bad. So I called down to the front desk to let her know I wasnt happy and why she said she would look for some clean linens and bring them to us, but we would have to make.our bed. FOR REAL!!! So after about 20 minutes or so here she is. All she brought was sheets. I asked where the rest was and she said what exactly do u need for your bed? I said some pillowcases and a blanket would be nice. So she leaves and so husband and me started tearing the bed apart to put the sheets on while she went to get the rest of the bedding. Well low and behold if it wasnt 2 bottom sheets. We just die laughing!! I said we will make do. In the mean time I told hubby I bet she only brings 2 pillowcases, there are 4 pillows. She gets back with 2 pillowcases, YEP PAY UP!!! I told the girl that she had brought 2 bottom sheets but we would make do, she turned around and walked off.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Jane
"We enjoy Ameristar."
Nice clean place to stay and we always enjoy staying there.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Pam
"Beds were horrible."
Beds were horrible... Did not like beds... Good staff
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
connie
The front desk attendants were very friendly and helpful.
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
"Close to I-20"
The room was not very clean, especially the bathroom. The woman that checked us in was rude and even commented on the website that I purchased the room from. The woman next to me had not used a website and was given totally different care. The hotel is nice but I will look for a hotel that is more hospitable and does a better job cleaning up. The last thing you want to have to do at the end of the day is clean someone else's hair out of the shower.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Sophia
"Very nice beds"
Family of 4 stay , really good overhaul but no breakfast
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Christian
"Godt, som forventet"
Lille, god pool, som vores datter var glad for.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
Theis
Room was fine. It needed some TLC. The restaurants are located in the casino (across the street), to which you can only access by foot or shuttle. The buffet was touted as the "Best Buffet in Vicksburg", however I found it to be no better than Luby's. I was not at all impressed with the casino. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful....the rest of the staff was surly and distrustful.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Hotel was clean and well kept overall. Room was "non-smoking" but clearly had been smoked in as bedding had "burn spots" and was a little shabby looking. Hotel is located across the street from casino with shuttle service. Worked well for overnight stay. Would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
KC
"Great Casino terrible Hotel."
Service was not good.
1 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2014
roger
"nice hotel not on same property as casino"
Hotel was nice ,staff friendly, room was well appointed and clean. The hotel sits on a hill ,with the casino on the river below , so you must ride a shuttle , or drive to the casino. shuttle runs 24 hrs a day every 10 to 15 min. All food except for snacks is on casino property.
"Very nice"
Overall great room was a little dark and had to handle our own bags but very nice.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Enjoyable Visit"
Vicksburg was neat with much old Architecture. The hotel was super and the Casino was a lot of fun with moderately priced food and fairly loose slots. We will stay there again as it is the midway point between Dallas and Atlanta. The rates thru Hotels.com were super
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Neal
"Historical City"
The hotel staff are very accommodating upon check in and during your stay. The room was large and clean, except for the used wash cloth left in the shower. The vanity area is extremely small so this was a let down as women do need the extra space. The city is fascinating to explore and a must see. I recommend this place and plan to return again soon.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2014
L. Summers
"Dirty Sheets and Bathtub."
Our sheets and pillow cases were dirty as well as our bathtub. The staff was less than friendly when we arrived. We definitely will not stay here again.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Satisfied.
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2014
Kathryn Holmes
"Not too shabby and price was nice."
No issues. Wish the staff knew a little but more area attractions.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
steve
First let me give the good. The staff were friendly and very nice. The bad well first the NON smoking room smelled of stale smoke very strong. Had housekeeping spray to try to cover the odor but did not help. HK stated no one followed the rules. 2nd the room was dirty. You could tell where the vacuum cleaner stopped against the wall where the dust line was. 3rd the bed was so hard and uncomfortable that I didn't sleep at all and my body hurt. For those that care please note the casino is across the street. Joyce the shuttle driver was great. Had a great spirit about her. I hope the hotel improves we did enjoy visiting Vicksburg MS.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
LF
"Great people working to make my stay a great one"
The personal worked hard to make our stay great. Food was good ,rooms were great ,clean, and ready, but the personal were great.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
"Clean room."
Cigarette smell free. Good job! Tell the guys at Walnut Hills they have the best southern cooking this side of the Mason-Dixon Line. Oh yah the Casino was pretty fun to. You got some of my money but I will be back.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Business Trip"
Hotel was fine overall but the cleanliness of the floor was not acceptable. The tiled floor was almost sticky and the carpet was not very clean.
2 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
"good"
Room was good and clean and bed was comfortable. Did not get coffee or breakfast at hotel. You must walk or wait for shuttle to get coffee or breakfast. We found that very inconvienient. We left with no coffee or breakfast. We were in a hurry
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
"Guess I expected more"
The bed was comfy, the shower was amazing! However the stench when walking into the room was blinding. Smelled like someone had just smoked a pack of cigs at the door. The room never really cooled off enough to be comfortable, but we brought fans. It was quiet, I never heard noise from outside. The safe didn't work, and we had to call someone everytime we used it. There was no breakfast offered, I assume they want all your money to go to the casino. The shuttle was very handy and always arrived quickly. Overall, it wasn't what I expected, and next time I'll stay somewhere cheaper.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Kat
"Pleasant stay."
Nice hotel to use as a stop-over while on road.
Response by Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg
Your review is greatly appreciated, Texcyn. Thank you for stopping by to visit. Our property offers live cabaret entertainment, multiple dining options and casino gaming. I do hope you have time to check out some of these amenities. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to your next stop-over.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"vacay"
We were disappointed in the hotel. Most of the pictures were of the casino across the street. Not that clean either.
Response by Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg
Thank you for sharing your feedback, Tracy. I am so sorry to hear you were disappointed during your recent visit. Guest satisfaction and cleanliness are our top priorities and what your describe certainly does not meet our standard. I will send your comments to our property team to review. Thank you for being our guest and we do hope you give us another try.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
tracy
"Close to my interests"
Stay was good. I requested two adjoining NON-SMOKING rooms and I was given two separate smoking rooms. I still have cigarette stink in my clothes. These were the last two rooms, I prepaid and I couldn't change rooms nor could I cancel due to prepaying. Very unsatisfactory.
Response by Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg
I'm pleased to hear your stay was good however, I'm sorry for the inconvenience you experienced regarding your room preference. Rooms types cannot be guaranteed prior to arrival but only requested. We do our best to fulfill all our guests' requests and assign upon arrival based on rooms that are readily clean and available. Alas, too many requests for a specific room type leads to some guests being assigned into a room meeting the closest description. I apologize if this was not communicated in advance. I will reach out to our booking team right away. Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your review.
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Monroe Mitchell
"Okay stay for the price"
Couldn't find any coffee in the morning.
Response by Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg
Thank you very much for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! For your future stay , please note that in the television console there is a coffee pot and coffee for your in room convenience. You will also be able to find complimentary coffee in the lobby by the market area. I hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"Review of Ameristar Hotel"
As a former travel agency owner I was pretty disappointed with the Ameristar Hotel. I thought it would be nicer in every way. For $150.00 a night I felt you are paying a lot for what you get. Carol Lowell
Response by Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, Carol. I am sorry to hear your stay was disappointing. We are always looking to make changes in order to improve our guests' experience. We thank you for being our guest and hope to see you soon again.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
Carol Lowell
"Quick Getaway Destination"
I was needing a stress relief from my everyday routine & considering that Vicksburg was less than an hour away I decided to book a room. The staff was very welcoming & the room was LOVELY. Very clean, cozy, and refreshing. It was very peaceful and allowed me to regain a sense of serenity. Later that evening I went over to the casino via the shuttle and enjoyed a few drinks. I will definitely be booking this hotel again!!!!
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014