All hotels in Nevsehir, Turkey
Aydinli mh. Gungor sk no:22, Goreme, Nevsehir, Nevsehir, 50180, Turkey, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for Coco Cave Hotel & Pension

"good stay"
03/31/15 Jalal I
i stayed there for one night. the host was very kind. the price was good. breakfast was very good. the room was good and comfortable. the bed was big,bathroom was clean with hot water. the host arranged a tour for me.the view was great from the balcony too. and next day he also allowed me to check out late and take shower before leaving and finally gave a lift to the bus stop. he also helped me in buying the bus ticket to pamukkalle. overall a very good stay in a reasonable price.
"fabilious and relax with panaroma"
12/15/14 Alex D Denizli, Turkey
l stayed there 2 time and l feel lm at home..Family run to hotel and warm friendly people.they help you more then what you need..and its easy location..5 minutes walking from bus station and restaurants.but expecially get home made Cappadocia wines and got to panaroma hill and Göreme is under ground from your foot..amazing!!!!!!!l definetely recommended this little house:
"fabulous, I would stay here every time!"
11/13/14 Stephen A
I love the Coco Cave. Even if I woke up late and missed the breakfast time they saved it for me. The staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming and arranged a great, well-priced balloon flight and tours in the area for me which I really enjoyed. I slept in a cave! It was brilliant! Constant temperature, nice and dry. I really can't recommend this place enough. It was such good value for money.
"Hmmmm, cave men"
10/04/14 Teddy E P Indonesia
I stayed in the cave, truly cave, back in 4th century or even BC. But this is hotel, i paid but i got wet room, dirty bed, dirty killim, dirty desk so on, okay i paid cheap price and using travel agency (independent agency based on istanbul) to arrange my air ballon trip but at least honour your costumer!
"Damp and unwelcoming"
08/28/14 Jordan B
Our room was beyond wet the whole time stayed at coco cave, our trowels were actually wetter over night then they would be after using them in the shower. The mattresses were mouldy and didn't have fitted sheets although the bathroom was clean. The owner for some reason barely spoke to us, yet gave everyone else his full attention every morning including offering transport to trek sites. We are not sure whether it was due to the fact we were staying in the dorm room or had booked a tour on our own… Unfortunately this made my girlfriend and i very uncomfortable whilst staying there.
"good place and nice people"
08/23/14 pareppa Madrid, Spain
we sleep three days in this hotel. the room is big a clean and the breakfast is really generous and good. the owner is a kind person who tries to solve all yours problem and arrenge your visit of cappadocia. the prices of the offert tour are really competitive good organized. I raccomend this place to enjoing your stay in goreme
"It looks better live than in the pictures"
08/21/14 petrova1975 Antalya, Turkey
It was the first time i saw the hotel looking better in real than in the pictures. Actually it's very cozy and has great view. Also the location is perfect, very close to downtown, and u can walk to Open Air Museum and several valleys around. Here the positive traits are over. We stayed in the cave room, it was cold and very wet, all clothes were wet, linnen were wet and we all felt wet. There was no cleaning within 5 days of our stay. The garbage can was overloaded. There is english-speaking person at the reception, he was helpful enough. Even he served us sandwiches when we left early in the morning.
"Cheap, but uninviting"
05/16/14 Embtravels Whitehorse, Canada
Here's the good: it's cheap and located close to the main street, restaurants, etc. However, the room we stayed in was cold, damp, and smelled strongly of mildew. There were spots of mould on one of the bed sheets (fortunately there was a spare bed). Beds themselves were very uncomfortable - I think the springs were totally shot in the mattress I slept on. As mentioned in another review, the owner (or person who coordinated stays, it wasn't clear) was pushy about booking balloon tours through him, which we did not do. We found the people who worked there were not as friendly and helpful as the staff we had encountered at the other hostels and b&bs in Turkey. Frankly, if we had done our research we could have found much nicer accommodations in Goreme for the same price. Would not recommend.
"Pros and Cons of Coco Cave"
04/30/14 MelissaJadeL Broadbeach, Australia
Pros: - price - room size - breakfast included - view from terrace Cons: - owner is very pushy with tours - smelly bathroom - old sheets, no fitted bottom sheet - patchy wifi - irregular cleaning (3 times in 3 weeks despite 'daily cleaning' as listed on website) - breakfast was hit and miss I have mixed feelings about my stay at Coco Cave. The price was very good and I was happy that it included breakfast (more on this later). The room was a good size with a large bathroom and there was a lovely view of the fairy chimneys from the terrace and our room. The owner was extremely pushy about us booking our balloon tour through him. We stayed for three weeks and were asked daily about the tour, we kept telling him we’d prefer to book when the weather was good but he was quite insistent and seemed desperate to get our booking. We ended up going with someone offering better prices (80 euro pp with Balloon Turca). We also overheard him being forceful with booking a Hammam trip on a family who were just checking in, the man said he was tired and maybe would go tomorrow but the owner kept insisting “no you are tired, you must go now, you will relax”. It was awkward, they had no way of saying no. The bathroom had a terrible smell that made me nauseous, it was very damp (as to be expected from a cave). The bottom sheet on the bed was not fitted so I’d wake up laying on the grey mattress - gross! The breakfast was a bit hit and miss. It wasn’t as pictured on booking.com but this could have been due to the fact that it was off-season. Some days we were given a good portion of yogurt, but a lot of the time we were given just the yogurt water that sits on the top of the container. We were also given boiled eggs that when cracked were only half cooked (whites still runny). Not sure if this is the way the turkish like their eggs though? Wifi was very patchy but was a common problem throughout the town. Overall, it would have been fine for a short stay. After spending 9 weeks in Turkey, I have now realised that we probably could have found somewhere better for the same price. NOTE: there was a lot of construction going on in March/April 2014 so be wary if you're a light sleeper
"Central located and friendly staff"
04/22/14 Eatmeimfamous1 Saint Julian's, Malta
I cannot recommend this place highly enough for there friendly approached and help. I really recommend this place. Don't expect that your gonna stay in 5 star. But it's an experience. Very clean Caves, nice view and very central. Bus station and travel agency's are just down the road.