All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
1116 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0

JP

TripAdvisor reviews for The Villa By Barton G

"Awesome"
06/30/15 MssHazel626
Let me start off by saying being inside Gianni Versace's mansion in its self is amazing but the staff is even better. We were missed informed and my boyfriend was told he could wear his Christian Louboutin sneakers. Guys heads up absolutely NO SNEAKERS. So we almost didn't make it in but thanks to the manager for letting us in and making my birthday a very special one. I would go again maybe next time to stay as a guest. Thanks again to the amazing staff it's a one of a kind experience.
"Tremendous Disappointment!"
05/25/15 howardel hollywood, florida
I have to begin letting you know that we live in South Florida. My husband surprised me with a two night stay at The Villa for a very special birthday. He booked a room that was $1,000 per night. For that kind of money one would expect over-the-top, flawless service. It was just the opposite. Our room's air conditioner was not working properly and it was hot in the room. We reported the problem and were told if it doesn't cool down by 11:00 pm to let the front desk know. At 11:00 pm it was slightly cooler so we contacted the front desk again. We were told that such a large room takes time to cool. We also noticed that the bed was not turned down. We did it ourselves and tried to go to sleep. Granted 11:00 pm is a little early to go to bed in South Beach, but the loud noise did not allow for much sleep. The next day we decided to have breakfast at The Villa. We ordered Bloody Marys, but after 15 minutes we were told they were out of tomato juice. I ordered eggs Benedict, but I was told that they were out of Hollandaise sauce. Next, we walked around South Beach and returned to our hotel room about 3:00. Incredibly, our room was as we left it. Housekeeping never entered. We reported this and went down to the pool. No one offered us a drink or clean towel. Now it was time to cut our stay short and check out. When my husband told the woman at the front desk, she burst into tears and said many other guests complained. She said that she was about to look for a new job. One week later my poor husband is still apologizing for such a disaster that was intended to be a very memorable birthday celebration. Tonight I'm taking him to Lucerne, Switzerland for his special birthday. We're staying at the Grand Hotel National. We were there several years ago and had a lovely stay. I'll be happy to write an updated review when we return in two weeks.
"Amazing Villa but terrible service"
05/20/15 Davidbh666 Nr London, England
I will still mark this hotel as Very Good, due to the luxury of the Villa and one of the bar staff and the polite receptionist working hard against a terribly organised hotel service. The room we had was the Aviary Suite, beginning to get a little worn but outstanding room. The building is tremendous and worth one stay but with the terrible service we received it needs reviewing, (and by the way if the management read this, I am still awaiting a refund on paying twice for the Valet Service, direct to the Valet and also deducted by the hotel.) Our arrival was a struggle as there is no where to park along a busy Ocean Drive, eventually we luckily found space outside the Victor Hotel, which we later found out is part of the same group, shame it was not conveyed to us in advance. Upon checking in, I tried to pay the full rate on my debit card in advance but their computer system was showing my UK bank that is was a cash advance, eventually we get that resolved and I pay another $400 in advance for drinks etc, as not used to carrying much cash. The next problem was there was a wedding being held at the Villa on our first day, therefore we could not use any of the facilities and had to suffer the loud howling or drunk guests and music until around 2am (not much fun after a long journey) Shame they did not warn us in advance as we would not of booked that day/night. The next day seemed a lot better, apologetic staff and everything now available, Only ones to dip in the pool all day, lovely. Unfortunately the following day our room was never made up or cleaned (despite us being one of maybe two guests in the whole hotel) we had to chase for clean towels, Final day, was a massive struggle to get breakfast, a nice waiter but over an hour wait after our order. The bar was only payable in cash not chargable to your room, even though I had overpaid our stay in advance for incidentals (please see above comments re checking in) I cant see how the Kardashins would put up with such poor service :) Hotel is very grand and lovely and a treat to stay and enjoy the architecture but I can see this place declining as the service and organisation is beyond a joke. PS very difficult to contact after leaving hotel, therefore any issues you have after checking out you should resolve them whilst you are there. Would we stay again, a most def NO unless organisational changes are made
"Just do as the Kardashians!"
05/16/15 LuizDutraNeto Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Visiting Miami on a "very" special occasion? Just do as the Kardashian clan and check in at "The Villa by Barton G."! The mystic and magic of eternal Gianni Versace is in every single detail! His creativity can be seen in almost every corner! Pricey, as expected. But imagine a honeymoon at Versace's own suite? Priceless, I guess. "The Villa by Barton G." and adjoining restaurant "Il Sole" have been receiving mixed reviews on TripAdvisor. I would say that food and services are not unforgettable, but the former Versace's Mansion in Miami Beach (also known as "Casa Casuarina") is already a legend. Its genuine beauty deserves respect and admiration by all travelers. Give it a try and let fellow travelers know your own opinion. Enjoy!
"Stunning "
03/09/15 FlenleyPond
We stayed in this gorgeous setting at the end of our honeymoon. It is just stunning here! As a massive fan of fashion, I was very keen to experience this piece of history, and it did not disappoint. We were met by friendly and professional security staff on arrival. We were a few hours early, but still managed to check into our Aviary suite. It was just gorgeous! We were helped with our luggage and then we headed to the pool. Again, just breathtaking! The setting for the Versace mansion is absolutely perfect and flawless. We ordered a very reasonably priced lunch and some drinks and looked after by possible the friendliest and most professional waiter I've ever met - outstanding service! We then did some exploring of the hotel... Again, stunning! We had dinner in Il Sole that night. The food was absolutely delicious! We were lucky to have our friendly waiter again, who was on form as ever! The setting of the restaurant was stunning with a nice mix of diners. We chose inside as we had already experienced the outside area by the pool, which also looked gorgeous at night. Our bed was super comfy with the room having excellent amenities. This is an absolute 5 star resort. The only reason I have chosen not to give the full 5/5 marks, was for a few areas of improvement. 1. The reception staff are a bit... Lacklustre. I had the feeling they are working there waiting to be spotted by a film producer or something. They seem minimally interested in their job and weren't overly friendly and lacked professionalism of their waiting service colleagues. 2. For the time we were sat by the pool the alarm was going off for about an hour. Not the kind of detail you'd expect from an expensive resort. 3. There are some details in decor that need to be looked at. If you look closely, there are some shabby corners that have been cut. The observatory/rooftop area almost seems under construction, not overly welcoming. I stayed in La Maison in Paris designed by Martin Margiela, the nearest comparison to The Villa, and the detail there was just that much further ahead than Versace. All in all, this place is stunning and I would go back tomorrow. For fashion lovers or those who love luxury, this is the place for you!
"Exquisite Versace mansion in the heart of SOBE!"
03/02/15 Nora H Washington DC, District of Columbia
This is a very unique and upscale place to visit while in SOBE!! Excellent place for celebrating a special occasion. Where else in the world can you get so close to the designer property... This is a must see spot on Ocean Drive! We had a dinner at Il Sole restaurant and also had an opportunity to walk around the first floor of the Villa. It is on a pricey side, but it's totally worth it. The food was great, the view of outside seating is amazing. The pool is spectacular!
"Experience of a lifetime"
03/02/15 Betsy G Tampa, Florida
Staying at the Villa is always such a special experience. This trip I stayed in the Empire Suite which is elegant and has a private foyer shared only with the Villa Suite. Aside from stunning views and an elegant atmosphere, the staff is always courteous, professional, and helpful. Max, the hotel manager, made last minute reservations for us at a high end restaurant which we enjoyed although dining at II Sole (the Villa's restaurant) is such an incredible experience as well. The following day was enjoyed by relaxing poolside with the famous 24K gold tile pool with superb hospitality by our waiter, Antonio. I can't wait to return soon. It is a very unique experience.
"Decoration Overdose"
02/03/15 scottderrick Mill Valley, California
There are only a few ways mere mortals can check out the Versace mansion. Eat or stay there. By far the least expensive is eating and the the least expensive meal would be having lunch there. The problem that this presents is that you are overpaying for a very mediocre meal. It’s obvious that Dinner is THE meal while lunch is a poor cousin. We didn't stay here but we did take a quick self guided tour of the mansion. We were in the dining room for lunch but after looking around, it’s clearly the dining terrace that was the place to eat. The dining room still is quite amazing, with beautiful tiled floors and walls covered in decorative pebbles in a style reminiscent of a Roman villa. But it’s the terrace that overlooks the stunning pool with exquisite and exuberant tile work highlighted with sparkling real gold accents and lush tropical plantings. You are a million miles away from the crowded and noisy south beach crowds. The central courtyard with it’s beautiful bronze fountain is also gorgeous. The architecture and the decoration is simply over the top with turrets and an observatory, every building surface is either decorated with murals or mosaics. The Versace Mansion is obviously the vision of one wealthy man with way too many ideas about decor. The hotel rooms are all clumsily converted from various other types of rooms and the downstairs rooms off the exquisitely tiled swimming pool are in various stages of disrepair and messiness. For example, the fabulous circular shower room with gold fixtures, fabulous tile work and stained glass windows is used to store chairs and linens. It's all rather sad and disappointing. Apparently the priorities are not in preservation but in trying to make what is a testament to one man's eccentric and opulent tastes into a viable commercial enterprise. IMHO in the future, the Versace corporation or some such deep pocketed entity is going to come back, dump the whole hotel/restaurant approach, renovate and refurbish and make this into a museum. It deserves at least that.
"II Soul - Beautiful restaurant, good food. A must visit place in South Beach."
01/28/15 betty b Austin, Texas
A must visit place in South Beach. I enjoyed my lunch. The cobb salad is excellent and the service is impeccable. Only drawback is bottled water is $12. Still totally worth it. The Villa is so beautiful and they have kept all of the beautiful Versace touches. Loved this place!
"Miami Beach Home of Versace"
01/15/15 EVEprof Balatonfured, Hungary
Versace's Miami Beach home offers stunning visuals. Dinner in the gold mosaic pool is a special experience. The prices are not too high, the kitchen is very good. And what may have occurred in the villa ... we cannot have any idea...