All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
You can collect® Rewards nights here
1116 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for The Villa By Barton G

"How to ruin Versace's heritage in two days"
11/17/15 Michael S Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovakia
Except the location, Versace's heritage, top architecture and styling you have to admire, all the rest was very poor! We visited Miami as part of a business trip and decided to spend the weekend in the Versace mansion. While we arrived, there was nobody to help us with our luggage. if I asked the person looking like the one responsible to take care of incoming guest he informed me that he is security, thus had to help myself. Once at the reception they informed us there is no booking, even though I had it confirmed in my email. After presenting them the confirmation, there was no apology, just the room was given to us. The positive improvement ... we did not have to take the suitcases by our selves ;) After we got to our very nice Aviari room we realised a strange noise coming from the toilet. Called the reception to have it fixed during our dinner in the Gianni's restaurant. Once we came back, it was fixed however after the first flushing of the toilet the sound reappeared. Thus fixed it by myself ;) On Saturday morning we woke up late and went down to eat breakfast. After 15 minutes of sitting at the terrace I went to ask the receptionist if somebody would serve us breakfast. He informed me we are the only guest in the hotel and he would have to call the waiter and cook. After another hour the breakfast was ready... the best on we had in US and served by a very nice person from Cuba ;) After eating breakfast we wanted to chill at the pool however couldn't while there was a film crew shooting some kind of commercial. When I asked the receptionist when they will be finished he did not know and told me to go to their sister hotel Victor. We were quite sad no to be able to enjoy the beautiful heated pool. They sent us a bottle of 15 Euro prosecco to the room as an apology ;))) In the afternoon I went for a run on the beach, greeting the security guy at the front door. While returning he did not want to let me in. Please have your security know the one couple staying in your hotel ;) Another surprise came at night when at 2am a drunk person started knocking at our door asking if there was Gianni Versace. Imagine my reaction if we came earlier than 10minutes before. The next day the filming crew was gone and we could enjoy nice moments at the pool. Breakfast was delicious and waiter the same. At least on our departure there was a staff member to help us with the luggage. I asked the receptionist to send me the final bill per email... till today it has not arrived. The whole stay was almost 3.000 US$, definitely not worth the money! Bottom line: go for a one night stay to see the rooms check if the pool will be available don't go to dinner, price/performance to other Miami restaurants is poor if you feel like spending USD100++ on breakfast do so, it is as close as the best hotels of the world.
"Excellent Dinner Party"
10/05/15 Alan N Atlanta, Georgia
It was a truly great experience to have dinner at Casa Casuarina, former Versace Mansion. Undoubtedly, you can still feel the spirit of Gianni Versace times while enjoying excellent Italian or Sea Food cuisines. The atmosphere was very private, the staff amazing and very helpful. They engaged us explaining about the mansion, and how it change throughout the years. Obviously we were allow to take as many pictures as we wanted. Since we didn't stay at the hofel, we couldn't see any of the suites. I would definitely recommend to save some time while in Miami to visit The Villa at least for dinner or drinks!
"Very poor and incredibly disappointing."
09/22/15 David T Leeds, United Kingdom
We visited Miami as part of a trip to the States for my partner's 30th and thought it'd be really cool to spend the night in the Versace mansion. We stayed for one night and had dinner in the restaurant that evening. We were greeted by Ruben, very helpful although dressed in jeans. The reception had a time sheet celotaped to the wall and doors behind the desk were open revealing extremely untidy office space and what looked down like store rooms. It is a beautiful property, but it's incredibly tired. After we checked in, we thought we'd have a wander around this amazing building. We went up to the roof and some of the sun loungers had mould and stains on and the large table was completely cracked (see photo) and there was also rusty screws lying around (also attached). Not what you'd expect of such a famous location. We stayed in the Aviary suite which is nice, lovely furniture and the bed looked great as we walked in. The bathroom was also beautiful although the decorators thought it would look good to paint over the light switches... (that's not part of the decoration in the room) There was also a strange smell which we were told housekeeping would sort, but returning later, it seemed nobody did. It's the incredibly basic touches which are lacking. There was no bin in the room, the toiletries were nice, but open the boxes and the contents were missing, other boxes had been opened before and ripped and the towels felt very rough and thin. There's also no note paper or even a pen. There's no mini-bar or room service menu or for that matter, any thing to say if those services are offered. The television is a good size, but has very poor signal with a broken picture and few channels, there is only one lamp in the room and the ironing board cover was creased and covered in pressed powder. Night service comes at 4pm which seemed a little early, although the casually dressed maid brought her handbag and other personal items in to the room with her, so I imagine she was leaving for the day. We went for dinner in the restaurant that evening which was great, would highly recommend eating there. Cannot fault the food or restaurant service this evening - the only saving grace. The next morning things became even worse. We'd taken a bottle of Krug to drink the next morning on my partner's birthday. I called reception three times to ask for some glasses and a bucket of ice. No answer. I went down, no one was in reception. I waited around - no staff to be seen, I then went to ask the security guard who helped us get it sorted. He then told me reception didn't open until much later. I got the glasses and returned to the room. We opened presents and went down to the pool to get the early morning sun. The sun loungers, towels and cushions were left on the beds soaking wet from the stormy night before, so we skipped that idea, got changed and went for breakfast. This hotel is like the Marie Celeste. No staff to be seen. A waiter appeared as we sat at a table, still set up for dinner service from the night before. We ordered breakfast, which again was very nice but slow to arrive. We'd had enough by this point, so packed our things and left well before check out. Check out was poor. Wasn't asked if we'd enjoyed our stay or any other courtesies. Just a "OK you're checked out, thanks". I've since received a personally addressed email asking for Mr / Ms Baxter Bennett to give feedback, insulting as we are both men. All that glitters is not gold. We paid $750 for the room and frankly, it was well over the odds. It's not the cost that's the issue, but the terrible service and shabbiness of the hotel. My recommendation - go for dinner but steer well clear of staying over. You can get all the photos by the famous pool just as easily.
06/30/15 MssHazel626
Let me start off by saying being inside Gianni Versace's mansion in its self is amazing but the staff is even better. We were missed informed and my boyfriend was told he could wear his Christian Louboutin sneakers. Guys heads up absolutely NO SNEAKERS. So we almost didn't make it in but thanks to the manager for letting us in and making my birthday a very special one. I would go again maybe next time to stay as a guest. Thanks again to the amazing staff it's a one of a kind experience.
"Tremendous Disappointment!"
05/25/15 howardel hollywood, florida
I have to begin letting you know that we live in South Florida. My husband surprised me with a two night stay at The Villa for a very special birthday. He booked a room that was $1,000 per night. For that kind of money one would expect over-the-top, flawless service. It was just the opposite. Our room's air conditioner was not working properly and it was hot in the room. We reported the problem and were told if it doesn't cool down by 11:00 pm to let the front desk know. At 11:00 pm it was slightly cooler so we contacted the front desk again. We were told that such a large room takes time to cool. We also noticed that the bed was not turned down. We did it ourselves and tried to go to sleep. Granted 11:00 pm is a little early to go to bed in South Beach, but the loud noise did not allow for much sleep. The next day we decided to have breakfast at The Villa. We ordered Bloody Marys, but after 15 minutes we were told they were out of tomato juice. I ordered eggs Benedict, but I was told that they were out of Hollandaise sauce. Next, we walked around South Beach and returned to our hotel room about 3:00. Incredibly, our room was as we left it. Housekeeping never entered. We reported this and went down to the pool. No one offered us a drink or clean towel. Now it was time to cut our stay short and check out. When my husband told the woman at the front desk, she burst into tears and said many other guests complained. She said that she was about to look for a new job. One week later my poor husband is still apologizing for such a disaster that was intended to be a very memorable birthday celebration. Tonight I'm taking him to Lucerne, Switzerland for his special birthday. We're staying at the Grand Hotel National. We were there several years ago and had a lovely stay. I'll be happy to write an updated review when we return in two weeks.
"Amazing Villa but terrible service"
05/20/15 Davidbh666 Nr London, England
I will still mark this hotel as Very Good, due to the luxury of the Villa and one of the bar staff and the polite receptionist working hard against a terribly organised hotel service. The room we had was the Aviary Suite, beginning to get a little worn but outstanding room. The building is tremendous and worth one stay but with the terrible service we received it needs reviewing, (and by the way if the management read this, I am still awaiting a refund on paying twice for the Valet Service, direct to the Valet and also deducted by the hotel.) Our arrival was a struggle as there is no where to park along a busy Ocean Drive, eventually we luckily found space outside the Victor Hotel, which we later found out is part of the same group, shame it was not conveyed to us in advance. Upon checking in, I tried to pay the full rate on my debit card in advance but their computer system was showing my UK bank that is was a cash advance, eventually we get that resolved and I pay another $400 in advance for drinks etc, as not used to carrying much cash. The next problem was there was a wedding being held at the Villa on our first day, therefore we could not use any of the facilities and had to suffer the loud howling or drunk guests and music until around 2am (not much fun after a long journey) Shame they did not warn us in advance as we would not of booked that day/night. The next day seemed a lot better, apologetic staff and everything now available, Only ones to dip in the pool all day, lovely. Unfortunately the following day our room was never made up or cleaned (despite us being one of maybe two guests in the whole hotel) we had to chase for clean towels, Final day, was a massive struggle to get breakfast, a nice waiter but over an hour wait after our order. The bar was only payable in cash not chargable to your room, even though I had overpaid our stay in advance for incidentals (please see above comments re checking in) I cant see how the Kardashins would put up with such poor service :) Hotel is very grand and lovely and a treat to stay and enjoy the architecture but I can see this place declining as the service and organisation is beyond a joke. PS very difficult to contact after leaving hotel, therefore any issues you have after checking out you should resolve them whilst you are there. Would we stay again, a most def NO unless organisational changes are made
"Just do as the Kardashians!"
05/16/15 LuizDutraNeto Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Visiting Miami on a "very" special occasion? Just do as the Kardashian clan and check in at "The Villa by Barton G."! The mystic and magic of eternal Gianni Versace is in every single detail! His creativity can be seen in almost every corner! Pricey, as expected. But imagine a honeymoon at Versace's own suite? Priceless, I guess. "The Villa by Barton G." and adjoining restaurant "Il Sole" have been receiving mixed reviews on TripAdvisor. I would say that food and services are not unforgettable, but the former Versace's Mansion in Miami Beach (also known as "Casa Casuarina") is already a legend. Its genuine beauty deserves respect and admiration by all travelers. Give it a try and let fellow travelers know your own opinion. Enjoy!
"Stunning "
03/09/15 FlenleyPond
We stayed in this gorgeous setting at the end of our honeymoon. It is just stunning here! As a massive fan of fashion, I was very keen to experience this piece of history, and it did not disappoint. We were met by friendly and professional security staff on arrival. We were a few hours early, but still managed to check into our Aviary suite. It was just gorgeous! We were helped with our luggage and then we headed to the pool. Again, just breathtaking! The setting for the Versace mansion is absolutely perfect and flawless. We ordered a very reasonably priced lunch and some drinks and looked after by possible the friendliest and most professional waiter I've ever met - outstanding service! We then did some exploring of the hotel... Again, stunning! We had dinner in Il Sole that night. The food was absolutely delicious! We were lucky to have our friendly waiter again, who was on form as ever! The setting of the restaurant was stunning with a nice mix of diners. We chose inside as we had already experienced the outside area by the pool, which also looked gorgeous at night. Our bed was super comfy with the room having excellent amenities. This is an absolute 5 star resort. The only reason I have chosen not to give the full 5/5 marks, was for a few areas of improvement. 1. The reception staff are a bit... Lacklustre. I had the feeling they are working there waiting to be spotted by a film producer or something. They seem minimally interested in their job and weren't overly friendly and lacked professionalism of their waiting service colleagues. 2. For the time we were sat by the pool the alarm was going off for about an hour. Not the kind of detail you'd expect from an expensive resort. 3. There are some details in decor that need to be looked at. If you look closely, there are some shabby corners that have been cut. The observatory/rooftop area almost seems under construction, not overly welcoming. I stayed in La Maison in Paris designed by Martin Margiela, the nearest comparison to The Villa, and the detail there was just that much further ahead than Versace. All in all, this place is stunning and I would go back tomorrow. For fashion lovers or those who love luxury, this is the place for you!
"Exquisite Versace mansion in the heart of SOBE!"
03/02/15 Nora H Washington DC, District of Columbia
This is a very unique and upscale place to visit while in SOBE!! Excellent place for celebrating a special occasion. Where else in the world can you get so close to the designer property... This is a must see spot on Ocean Drive! We had a dinner at Il Sole restaurant and also had an opportunity to walk around the first floor of the Villa. It is on a pricey side, but it's totally worth it. The food was great, the view of outside seating is amazing. The pool is spectacular!
"Experience of a lifetime"
03/02/15 Betsy G Tampa, Florida
Staying at the Villa is always such a special experience. This trip I stayed in the Empire Suite which is elegant and has a private foyer shared only with the Villa Suite. Aside from stunning views and an elegant atmosphere, the staff is always courteous, professional, and helpful. Max, the hotel manager, made last minute reservations for us at a high end restaurant which we enjoyed although dining at II Sole (the Villa's restaurant) is such an incredible experience as well. The following day was enjoyed by relaxing poolside with the famous 24K gold tile pool with superb hospitality by our waiter, Antonio. I can't wait to return soon. It is a very unique experience.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews