All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1325 2nd Street NEWashingtonDC20002United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great room
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad pool
"Not worth the issues!"
The hotel is nice but DO NOT STAY HERE! They don't tell you that you have to pay $40 per day for parking and then they put ridiculous holds on your credit card. Everything in the Bistro and Market are insanely over priced even for DC and they will charge everything on your card and put an even bigger hold on your card tying up your money for 7-10 business days. Our bill came out to over $700 but they put over $1600 worth of holds on our card. Not worth it! Not to mention, the neighborhood is very sketchy. Couldn't leave the hotel after dark without people approaching us asking for money or to use our phone.
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2016
Brad
It took 45 minutes to get are care from vallet parking and I called ahead. Not a good area at all. It smelled like weed outside and Inside hotel also.
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2016
Nicole
"Can't wait for another stay!"
I booked this hotel a few days before my stay and got a great price with the taxes!! I took Amtrak to DC and took the Metro one stop to get to the hotel. I figured it would be a 10 minute walk from the NY Ave Metro Station. I walked out of the station and the hotel is about 800 feet from the Metro!! From the time I got on the Metro to the hotel it was about 10 minutes at the most!! The hotel itself is very nice and clean. While check in is on the second floor, it is a minor inconvenience at best. Friendly staff as well. Their key system had some issues and they couldn't issue me a key right away. They had someone escort me to my room and that person explained the neighborhood what was nearby and gave me a brief overview of the room. I went out to dinner at Five Guys Burgers and Fries which is right across the street from the hotel. I was told that their is a nice bar and restaurant across from Five Guys as well. There is a 7/11 and Au Bon Pain next to the hotel as well. The Business Center is next to the check in area and is very nice, with a computer for Boarding Passes for your flight if you are flying. My room was very large for a standard room with 2 beds. I can for sure say I will stay here again if I need to be in the area again.
1 night business trip Feb 9, 2016
Stephen
"Great hotel but pricey parking!"
Everyone was very friendly and helpful but parking is absurd! Paid $180 for 2 vehicles for 2 night stay!!!
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2015
Daisy
"Great!"
Excellent! Nothing to complain. Will definitely stay again when I am on town next time.
2 night trip with friends Nov 26, 2015
"Great!"
It was better than expected I enjoyed the bed the most it was so comfy
2 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2015
Jamesha
"Convenient, clean, comfortable"
One stop from Union Station on the Metro and you are here - very convenient. Had a meeting at Gallaudet College and it was an easy half mile walk the next morning although along busy Florida Avenue. Very comfortable room and nice size. Hotel dining room was reasonable.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2015
Great location - Literally next to the Metro. Just a short Uber ride from anywhere else. Plenty of great food choice within a short walking distance.
3 night trip with friends Sep 17, 2015
"OK business hotel by the Noma redline metro*."
I went there for 3 night 4 day long weekend during Labor day with my wife. I found the metro/subway to be slow and expensive. Of course how the metro/subway works has nothing to do with the quality of the hotel, but it would help you choose a hotel if you plan to take advantage of the subway/metro. If you are traveling from Dulles, you'll be in for a treat. 15 minute bus ride to silverline, then 45-50 minute on silverline to red line, then 4 more stops to get to hotel. If i have to do it again, I'll take a taxi for sure. OK onto the hotel, it is clean, fast checkin, no mini bar, no liquor store close by. Limited food option in the hotel restaurant and not many restaurant options close by.
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
Overall we had a good experience. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly and location right next to the metro stop was great. The only issue we really observed was with the convenience store located right next to the hotel, which attracted a lot of less than desirable individuals in the vicinity of the hotel front door. After wandering around different parts of this city this seems to be the norm everywhere, not just this location. Given this experience, if we were to come back to DC we would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
"Very close to the Metro"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was close to the Metro which made getting around very easy. Never felt unsafe in the area. Ate a couple of meals in the hotel restaurant and was very good and convenient. I would stay there again the next time I visit my daughter. Even though it was close to the Metro you never heard the sounds from that. Mostly was sound of sirens from the police.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
Christine
"Nice hotel in a questionable area"
The neighborhood was very iffy. Right next to a 7-11 Store which had very seedy looking characters walking in and out. Also a homeless man sitting on sidewalk for several days. I told the hotel and they said the store attracts the wrong kind of person.
7 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
Jane
"Nice hotel away from the crowds"
We were only here for a short stay. The hotel was lovely and the staff was wonderful. Our only issue was location, there was not a lot within walking distance to the hotel. So an evening meal was either at the Hotel Bistro (which was delicious) or fast food down the block. This was not a deal breaker but something to keep in mind. You are steps away from the Metro station, so if you want to hop on and head to Union Station it is one stop over.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Close to metro - easy to get to CUA"
Carpet was sticky - it would be my guess that a previous guest spilled something and failed to let anyone know. The room was nice, comfortable and clean ... except for the pullout sofa and I don't think there is such a thing as a comfortable pullout sleeper. There were a number of shady characters hanging out around the 7-11 and metro. Hotel staff were out front and were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Dee
"Nice hotel next Metro."
Convenient to Metro and all its possibilities. Parked car free on the street minutes away. Weekend stay so meters free. Smallish, efficient room was clean. Staff pleasant. In house Starbucks.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"Decent hotel and the staff is super nice."
The hotel staff goes out of their way to make sure you're enjoying your stay. I would definitely stay here again. The only thing I didn't like was the "happy hour", it's really just $1.75 off drinks. :/
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
shantel
"Very nice hotel clpse to Sirius XM radio station"
This hotel was located close to where I was visiting, Sirius XM Studios. The hotel and staff were very nice and efficient. The only negative was paying $41 to valet park each day.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Christina's
"Front Desk Staff Failure"
Front Desk Staff neither acknowledged nor welcomed me as I approached for check-in; was unprofessional when communicating by not speaking but rather gesturing with her hand; and instructed me differently for the retrieval of a package. She shrugged off my comments after I related the instructions I had been given 3-days prior by another employee. Following such poor treatment I voiced my dissatisfaction in having to run around the hotel to retrieve my package. This prompted her to request assistance via her walkie-talkie. It was late and I didn't appreciate being delayed further so I urged her to finalize my check-in. She grunted and ignored my request by again calling for assistance. I asked her to return my ID & credit card as I would go down to retrieve my package from the vacant hotel counter and locate another employee to process my check-in. She replied: "You do that." which prompted me to admonish her by saying: "You don't need to be 'b*@%hy' about anything, I was following the instructions I was given and you have been less than pleasant to deal with." I was checked in by another staffer who then later visited my room, as a representative from Hotel Security to further discuss these events. As he departed he apologized for the staff and said he would relate event to her manager. 90 minutes later, two uniformed DC Metro Police Officers arrived at my room door to question me in response to a report of my alleged involvement in "some trouble in the lobby".
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
Jeffery
"Nice hote, location is right next to metro,."
Pool floor was dirty and walls needed to scrubbed, also had rust in spots. Staff was great, room was nice. Hall carpeting needed to be replaced. Area outside had pan handlers around but no danger. Right next to Metro.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"Passing Thru"
Just passing thru and decided to hang around for a few days. It's conveniently located near some great eating places and Union Station. Was easy to get a taxi and see some things. The price for the room was high but I guess competitive for the area. I liked it well enough to book it in the future if and when I return to D.C.
2 night trip Jul 6, 2015
Wilfred
"Close to train, nice room"
Nice clean room. It looks like it may have been renovated recently. The proximity to the train station is very convenient although it's quite noisy in the morning. Otherwise this is a good value in Washington DC.
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"$20.00 Worth of Frustration"
I booked an overnight from Saturday to Sunday, checking in after 9pm on Saturday. The host gave no insight about the hotel at all, just asked for my credit card for incidentals. When I arrived to the room it was fine except for the fact that there were not enough wash cloths and towels for a family of 4 and there was a spoon on the floor. Lastly when I checked my family out I went to the desk to return the keys and to request a receipt since the room had been prepaid. I was told that I had booked through Expedia and had no charges but when I checked my American Express the next day I was charged $20.00 for something which I am still trying to find out what.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"Dangerous neighborhood and incompetent valet"
The hotel itself was fine.... But there was a fatal stabbing in the adjacent subway station when we arrived and on the morning we left it took the valet 60 minutes to find our car. The head valet promised to credit us the $35 we paid to valet the car and the credit was never given.
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
Patrick
My husband and I stayed here over the July 4th weekend so we could attend a concert without needing to deal with parking and holiday traffic. The hotel was great, the staff was polite and the room spotless. We had dinner one night at the Bistro and I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The only downside to the hotel is the area appears to be in a revitalization stage. There were some areas I definitely wouldn't have walked to at night, but overall we felt safe.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Nichole
"Clean hotel, very close to public transportation,"
Service was very good, staff friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
"Nice hotel next to metro station and great eats."
I felt the safety and security all in when I traveled on the metro to the conference hotels near the capitol. Excellent environment.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
"Nice almost central place"
Very great. Tastefully bright colored carpets lift mood and very interactive and cheerful staff.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Farai
"Stay in Washington."
Very nice hotel, parking is poor for the area and have to pay for valet parking. It's a bit expensive.
2 night trip May 30, 2015
Warren
"Weekend stay"
No parking except valet service. Access to hotel at street with car very limited when trying to check in. Metro line access was great to have, never heard trains from the room.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Philip
"Family trip to DC"
Hotel was clean. There's a pool and gym which was a plus also well maintained and clean. Check in staff not very friendly but other staff members were very helpful. No good restaurants in the area just a couple of fast food restaurants, we had to drive about 10 mins to find something or walk about 20 - 30 mins didn't feel very safe walking.
3 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
Mary B
"Nice hotel ."
Location off the main beaten path of Capital Hill. Transportation to Union Station easy. One stop on Metro Rail station one block from hotel. Some rooms have view and noise from railroad yard. Nice lounge and restaurant with very courteous,fun staff. Best part about our stay was that soon after registering, we had a problem with our room location. Front desk staff ( Zinfindale and Annie) handled it in a professional, courteous manner. Could have been a bad experience but after it was resolved we even had a few laughs.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Happy family"
Was very accommodating ... Lived the pool and workout room .. Only need is comforters rather than light blankets
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"All round great hotel."
Excellent location, friendly well trained staff, breakfast was quick and well done, the pool was great for kids and can be seen from work out room, the laundry area is also close to pool and work out area. A really great hotel.
4 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Ronnie
"Nice hotel close to monuments - right on Metro"
Spacious, clean rooms - we spent 4 nights here. Many restaurant/food options close to and in hotel. You can't walk to the monuments and Smithsonians, but the Metro station was right outside the hotel - very convenient! Food in hotel restaurant was really good. Staff was really friendly.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Great hotel, and uber-convenient location!"
Had everything you want/need for weekend stay in DC. Convenient location right at the NoMa stop on the red line. Reasonable variety of restaurants with minutes walk, including Dunkin Donuts. And 7-Eleven right next door.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Right next to Metro station and decent food"
The location is the best part and the hotel was very clean and well maintained. Just no complimentary breakfast of any sort (you could purchase for $9) and a beer was $7, also no room service. Great place to stay as long as you don't have to buy anything additional from them! I would recommend and return.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Rachel
"Warm, Welcoming Service"
There was an ice storm in DC when I arrived and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating and welcoming. Although, it's a simple hotel, it was always a treat to go back to my hotel.
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Unnecessary Complaints"
Staying at this hotel was good at the beginning. During the nighttime the security kept coming to my room for unnecessary issues. Like my tv was to loud when it was only on volume 12. If laugh to loud it was a issue. Just ridiculous. They should not be coming to disturb anybody rekaxing in their room for unnecessary things. Only for running ib and out the room or throwing a party to dusturb neighbors. Valid Parking is 43 Dollars Thiers No Street Parking On Weekends. Especially on saturdays. Just terrible
1 night trip Feb 28, 2015
"Nice hotel in sketchy area"
Nice hotel for a one night stay. The area wasn't too close to anything so we would need to travel to get around places.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Kate
"Nice stay in great neighborhood"
I was pleasantly surprised - this is a great little hotel and the NOMA neighborhood is such a fun, happening area to be these days. Everything was great!
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
Cathy
"not bad...."
pretty nice.. everything was convenient and close by to the metro. the pool was amazing but the space of the room could've been bigger but overall, it was a great place. i would recommend it to anyone
2 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Courtyard marriott"
Staff were really friendly and pleasant. It was a bit noisy due to the proximity to the metro, but it wasn't bad.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Good Value"
We chose the location because of it's proximity to where my son was doing his internship. The hotel is conveniently located next to the NOMA/Gallaudet Metro stop. It was a great way to get down to the Metro center to see the sights. If you are a light sleeper, you may want earplugs in case your room is on the side of the hotel that faces the tracks. We were on the 8th floor so it wasn't too loud. Clean comfy rooms and complimentary wi-fi. I thought the security was good. Guests need a room key to operate the elevator so not just anyone is able to get to the guest floors. Our vehicle was valet parked in a secure garage (only drawback is $38/day fee; however its a lower rate than other hotels in the area).
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Deanne
"Nice Hotel Close To Everything"
The hotel was great. The valet was very nice and the bedrooms were very nicely set up. The hotel was only a 15 minute drive to every place we wanted to go which was great.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Purnima
"no self parking, valet park at your own risk"
The first night of valet parking , two iPods were stolen as well as rolls of quarters we had for toll roads. These items were not left in easy site. They were in glove compartment and center compartment undernealth maps, makeup and child items. In other words, this crime required someone going through every inch of our car looking for something to steal.This means they also could have recorded personal information about the home we were away from. It took several attempts to get someone from the hotel to call us back. We did make a police report and the hotel did reimburse up for the cost of the iPods. There is no self parking and the valet is $34 per night.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
RO
I was disappointed with the location and parking. Valet was very slow and seemed to be understaffed. Did not like the set up of the hotel with the check in desk on 2nd floor and then the exit on the 1st floor. Made things more complicated. Rarely saw hotel staff anywhere besides front desk. Pool was closed for cleaning.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Eileen
"Requires attention"
Hotel has poor management. The front desk doesn't have effective communication or information with other department. The amenities explained in their promotion are not available for guest. Cleanliness is so so. The only good is budget stay.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Don't stay here."
The staff was friendly enough but the rooms were awful. I changed rooms once. The first room needed to be cleaned again. The second room had a super loud ac/heater. If I hadn't pre-paid, I would've left. Not going to book again.
3 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
Monique
"Beautiful hotel but...."
The price was very right and this is a beautiful new hotel - one huge challenge. It is right on top of the Metro Station and rail lines. If you are a light sleeper it is going to be difficult to sleep. Other than that the hotel is convenient to the metro and has a nice variety of restaurants near by.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Charlie
"Close to metro; staff could be friendlier."
It would be nice if the staff at the street entrance greeted the guests.They give the first impression of the hotel in particular, and Marriott in general and I did not observe them welcoming the guests. Marriott can do better. Otherwise, hotel is fine.
Response by Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol
Thank you for your review and comments. I am sorry that our valet/bell attendants were unavailable when you arrived on the 1st floor of the building. We will re-double our efforts to maintain a welcoming presence at the building entrance. We appreciate the feedback. Thank you for staying with us! Mike Wilson General Manager
4 night business trip Dec 1, 2014