All hotels in Ames, Iowa, United States of America

• Value for money
    Great amenities
    Awesome vibe
"Great spot in Ames"
Iowa House is a great little hotel. So nice to stay somewhere which isn't the same old chain hotel. The rooms are all different and all done up to a high standard. The breakfast is great. I really enjoyed staying in downtown Ames where I could walk to everything I needed.
3 night business trip Mar 16, 2016
Hope
"Dance Competition"
Very nice place. Loved being on campus, and the breakfast was really good.
2 night business trip Mar 18, 2016
Lynn
"fantastic b&b"
Lovely place to stay and feel right at home. Would defiantly return.
2 night business trip Feb 25, 2016
"Highly recommended!"
The Iowa House was a quiet, clean place to stay. The neighborhood was quiet, which made the walking distance to a small downtown area to get food easy and safe. The girl at the front desk was very accommodating- she gave me directions and suggestions for places to eat, and also gave me information on taxi companies in the city. I stayed here while traveling to Iowa State Vet School for an interview. Per my request, as well as other people staying, the chef came in earlier than scheduled the next morning to start breakfast in order to accommodate our needs. I really appreciated this! My room was very clean and comfortable. I don't have a single complaint about my stay, or the business. I would recommend this over a hotel chain any day, you won't regret it!
1 night trip Jan 22, 2016
cassandra
We arrived at 9:30 pm and all employees had left for the evening. We were under the impression they would stay until 10:30 as advertised, but they called us and said they would be leaving at 8:00. They did give us instructions on how to get our key and access our room. Also, the bathroom shower did not work, but the bath tub was nice. Besides those two things, it is a very pleasant hotel. Complimentary breakfast was very good.
2 night family trip Jan 14, 2016
"Ames Visit"
Ames was a nice town to visit for an overnight stay before I headed back to the Chicago area
1 night family trip Jan 11, 2016
Marc
Beautiful place!
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
Neil
"Comfortable Bed and Breakfast"
Main floor was comfortable for relaxing. Breakfast was excellent. We chatted with interesting people. Room was comfortable. We would stay again.
2 night romance trip Nov 30, 2015
"Football Trip"
Trip with Dad to Ames for football game. Great service, location and cozy hotel. Breakfast was nice but could have used more substance and options.
3 night family trip Nov 12, 2015
"Very nice B&B! Comfortable and Great breakfast!"
Staff is very friendly and accommodating. I was there for only one night, I had a professional exam that I was in town for to take first thing in the morning and they made sure my breakfast was made right away and ready for me. Very comfortable and the environment is warm and inviting.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2015
"Different and better than expected"
Had a late check-in which they accommodated very well. Much different than most lodging, extremely well done conversion from a former fraternity house. Rooms aren't large, but are very well done. They are right next to the Iowa State campus, nice primarily residential neighborhood just off main street. Only glitch was with Hotel.com rewards program which was totally screwed up but this isn't the fault with the facility. Highly recommend except for those times when I want a room there!
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2015
"Good stay could have been better."
Overall, I enjoyed my stay. The staff was friendly and the common areas were very nice. My bed was extremely comfortable and I slept great! The main drawback was that my room was very dusty and could have used a good deep cleaning. Overall, I would go back rather than stay at one of the nameless identical micro hotels available on the edge of town.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2015
Zach
"Recommend Iowa House"
Such a wonderful homelike feel. Very comfortable bed and delicious homemade breakfast make for a great experience
1 night family trip Oct 20, 2015
Jill
"Woderfull place to stay"
Woderfull ambiance, its like a back in time place but with all the modern amenities. Great bathtub and the complete breakfast was amazing
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Jeanette
"Way more than I expected!!!"
I was dropping my son off at the University and wanted something close. This was perfect! Comfortable, clean, jetted tubs! I will defiantly stay here on all future visits.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Terra
"Very satisfied"
We stayed at the Iowa House for only one night to attend a concert in Ames. It is quaint, quiet, extremely clean and in a great location on the Iowa State campus. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
"Just a friendly, cozy place"
Really not like staying...more like being a guest at grandma's house. Beautiful old furnishings, fresh and full riends staff,...just a cozy place.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2015
Marilyn S
Quick trip to Ames, good breakfast, WIFI worked great. Right by ISU, good location for our needs.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Janis
"Great Place To Stay in AMES, IA."
Great B&B. Super staff and great home cooked breakfast. Go Cyclones!!!
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
Peter H.
a wonderful place to stay for a getaway weekend.
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
"B&B"
This is not a "hotel". It is a lovely bed and breakfast. The locale, staff and accommodations are like home, but you will lack telephone in the room, staff on call, reliable hot water and the other expectations of most harried travelers. However, I loved it and will stay there again. It was more relaxing and comfortable than all other "hotels" where I have stayed in Ames. Highly recommended!
3 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Bette
"Iowa House"
Great place. Great location. Definitely going to stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
"Loved the "ol" fraternity feeling it gave!"
What an original house for a B & B. Loved the way the house was separated into the different rooms. Breakfast area set up was very nice, snacks available anytime.would stay here again!
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
Dianne
"Great location for Iowa State and a unique B&B"
This B&B is located in an old fraternity house just south of ISU. It has been beautifully renovated. Rooms are smallish but are big enough. Common areas are very nice. The freshly cooked breakfast was great.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
"Very nice!"
Within walking distance of restaurants & entertainment!
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Wonderful Getaway close to campus"
The Iowa House is awesome. The location, the food, the comfy rooms with jetted tubs and our chef was great for morning breakfasts. I will always look to stay here first when visiting my step-son in Ames.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
Phil
"A taste of home"
I stayed at Iowa House for two days while attending a conference at Iowa State. Everything about Iowa House was excellent from the minute you arrive until you checkout. Wonderful breakfast, and the snacks and beverages were ongoing. The room was immaculate, cozy and comfortable. I would definitely make this my lodging location when I'm in Ames.
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
Kyle
"College Orientation"
We got there after the person at the desk had left and weren't able to get in because we did not know the code. Luckily, another guest let us in and explained the procedure as they were frequent guests. The room was cozy and the hot breakfast was a nice surprise. Got home to find a message on our machine telling us the for code-my bad for not giving Expedia my cell phone number.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
KS
"Great location for visiting Iowa State"
We stayed there because we were attending orientation for my daughter at Iowa State. I love the location and fresh breakfast. We stayed in a room with 2 twin beds and my bed was very uncomfortable for me, way too soft and no support. Otherwise, I enjoy getting away from the usual hotel.
2 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
Jodi
"Lovely, reasonably priced."
My room opened to the outside if I wished. Everything was pleasant. The hot breakfast was great. This is Ames, so there really isn't a bad part of town. Campustown is in walking distance.
1 night trip with friends Jun 1, 2015
Anne
"Stay for wedding"
Great breakfast, friendly staff
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Oasis in Ames"
So I've been staying in motels in Ames for awhile during business travel. Not sure how I missed this option and for the money such great value especially when comparing the price of other nice hotels nearby. As nice as other B&Bs I've stayed in for Half of the cost. Breakfast was great and fast. Well decorated with relaxing music in the background. What a great way to start the morning.
Other trip May 24, 2015
Jake
"Close to Campus and Town"
Overall we found the stay at the Iowa House disappointing due to the poor condition of the room and the lack of attention to cleanliness. The cleanliness of the room is among the worst we have experienced and we travel plenty. The room was not vacuumed and there was visible litter. One of the night drawers contained trash. There is substantial dust on everything. The mattresses on both of the beds were terrible and bedding did not seem clean. The bathroom was OK, especially the shower, but very little room around the single sink. A business center was advertised, but it was impossible to get an item that we needed scanned. On the plus side, parking at the facility is convenient and the breakfast service was very good.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Cozy and Inviting"
This was the best experience ... like a home away from home... everything was so clean and cozy. The neighborhood quiet... the food awesome... anyone would be lucky to get a chance to experience the Iowa House... just wonderful!
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"One of the few nice places to stay near Iowa State"
First of all, the owner was obviously put out when I asked to check in 20 minutes early. He was going to refuse, but one of his staff assured him the rooms were clean and ready. Second, the breakfast was a nice amenity, but the only hot breakfast served during my stay were eggs. I don't eat eggs. Third, the place was a little musty smelling. It was beautifully decorated with an interesting mix of Mid West down home and antiques and Asian touches. The cleaning staff was very thorough and pleasant. It was close to where I needed to be, and handy to walk into Campus Town.
Other trip May 8, 2015
Maddy
"Nice and different from a hotel"
Nice bed and breakfast. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
Nothing was horrible, and nothing was exceptional :) It was a good normal stay.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Excellent location for visiting college."
We were comfortable and it was quiet. The breakfast was wonderful. We came to visit ISU and wanted to be within walking distance of the campus. The location was great and it was easy to leave the car and walk. We would definitely come again.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Todd
I brought my son to see Iowa State and it was a perfect place to stay.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Great location, really a B&B"
very good location near the Iowa State campus. Within easy walking distance to eating establishments, coffee shops, pubs and baseball field. We stayed on the third floor which was quiet and very nice. Caution, there is no elevator and you are on your own for getting your bags to your room. Other information for future persons booking here. (1) the floor creaks like any old house, some rooms can be noisy form what I heard from other guests. Most said it was not bothersome, just noticed occasionally.(2)There is a room right off the dining area, I would avoid this room if possible. (3)Breakfast is wonderful, both the food which was cooked to order and the chance to visit with other guests which was enjoyable.
2 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
I was truly impressed by this place. Great character, the room was very well appointed, and parking and location were fantastic too.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Love this place!"
Great place to stay. Close to downtown. Breakfast made as you arrive downstairs. Would stay again
1 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015
Bonnie
"Nice B&B"
Stay was fine. Room a bit small.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Pat
"Cozy bed and breakfast"
Girlfriend loved the all the art and at home feel, kept saying it was so much better than a regular hotel and felt like staying at a friend's place. Workers and even other hotels guests were all incredibly friendly and helpful. Room was good, fresh and individually cooked breakfast was great. Location close to basketball and football stadium great as well.
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
"Cozy and comfortable"
We loved staying here, everything was great. Breakfast was really good and was happy to have coffee and tea at anytime.
2 night business trip Dec 6, 2014
Overall, Very quaint rooms, friendly folks and hearty home cooked breakfast. Thank You.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"A wonderful experience"
Warm open rooms, nice furnishings, bright, and clean. Great breakfasts and snacks throughout the day. Large sitting areas, one with large flat screen TV and sitting area. We will return.... :)
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Mona
Although I fell ill upon arrival, I spend my entire weekend with exception 3-4 hours at the football game. So I got to know my room very well. It was very comfortable and the breakfast service is outastanding. The only recommendation I would make is ask for the top floor if you are light sleeper, it's an old building and you can hear footsteps from above.
2 night trip Nov 21, 2014
"Easy Access to Iowa State University"
My son and I came for a visit to Iowa State University. The location was great in residential neighborhood near to the campus. The pillow top mattress was very comfortable and I enjoyed the Jacuzzi! We loved the experience of staying in an old fraternity house. Breakfast was wonderful.
"Something Different"
Great location - near campus and a couple of blocks from restaurants and bars. Rooms are something you would find at grandma's house. They have remodeled the first floor and the basement. My television did not work but I actually never missed it. Bathrooms are up to date. Overall, I would stay there again.