All hotels in Ames, Iowa, United States of America
405 Hayward Ave., Ames, IA, 50014, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice b and b; close to all the action!"
I really enjoyed the architecture. The bathroom had a nice shower with plenty of hot water! The heat was good and the room was quiet. The breakfast was good on Saturday morning too! The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Loved it! A hidden gem in Ames."
Our room was clean and beautifully furnished. The staff was genial and helpful, but not intrusive. The house itself is lovely. We are big fans of the Arts & Crafts period, so this was a real treat for us.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
"short college visit"
very comfortable common areas and room, homeade quilts are a very nice and add to the individuality of the room.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2013
"Charming jewel 2 Blocks south of Friley!"
Amazing find - just what a B&B should be - and so close to ISU!
1 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"Wonderful. My favorite place to stay."
Love Iowa House. My only complaint was that I called ahead to make sure we had a room with jetted tub but then it didn't work. Sorry my son didn't eat the wonderful breakfast. Not old enough for fancy meals yet. ;)
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Jenn
"Only place by campus"
I stayed here when I had meetings at ISU because it's the only place in walking distance of campus. I'll likely stay here again the next time I'm in town. Great location, near Campustown and restaurants, friendly staff and a comfortable, quiet room.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2013
"Convenient for ISU campus"
I enjoyed my stay and would certainly come back. The room cleaning was lacking a little, but nothing major--just some dust on the windows and bedside tables. The "family-style" breakfasts were very pleasant and the cook was an ISU student--excellent work on his part! The Iowa House could cut down on the potpourri smell a little. It was a bit strong! Otherwise, as long as you're not looking for a high-end hotel with a spa and exercise room, this is a great, comfy, relaxing place and the right price!
2 night trip Sep 26, 2013
DB
"Beautiful stay next to ISU"
Warm, welcoming experience. Room was beautiful with antique touches, but modern facilities. LOVED the white noise machine next to the bed. Breakfast was outstanding. If you have time to wait a few minutes the hot breakfast will blow you away. Will definitely return to this hotel the next time we are in Ames.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Iowa State Visit"
Beautiful and charming. They do a wonderful breakfast in the morning and it is complimentary. I definitely would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2013
"Charming Bed and Breakfast on ISU Campus"
This is the second time we have stayed at this REALLY NICE B and B and it is a gem!! Beautiful decor, great location, and friendly staff. The breakfast is nice--just enough and not too much, and prepared for you when you come down for breakfast. We stayed in a loft this last visit which was perfect for the three of us. The loft has it's own flat screen TV and temp control. The bathroom is quite large and the room is roomy too. Same wonderful staff greeted us and answered all our questions throughout our stay. Will definitely try to stay here every time we are in Ames!
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Friendly"
Comfy beds, friendly staff, homey, ample parking, good coffee
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
lisa
"A most unique experience"
It was wonderful and we have told many friends about it!
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2013
Charles and Joan
"Comfortable and quiet"
We stayed in room 303 (loft) and were very comfortable. This is the only room I believe that has a King bed - the rest are Queen. It is beautifully decorated and the breakfast included eggs to order, hash browns, sausage, fruit, toast, orange juice and coffee as well as a buffet table with a variety of other fruits and pastries. In the evening, there were treats set out for the guests. There wasn't a set time for breakfast as we've run into at other B & B's, so you could eat from 8 - 10am each morning. Even though they advertise that they aren't a "fast food" restaurant, service was fairly quick for us. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
Kay
"Charming"
Beautiful, relaxing, and well maintained former fraternity house with much old day charm.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Glyfada
"Comfy B&B with great renovation"
Near college and several ethnic restaurants. The room is small, but very comfy bed with comforters and good pillows. Extras like white noise maker and old fashioned fan, (there is also AC) and plenty of lighting. Antiques and period craftsman furniture, attractive. Really good bath. Downstairs is a large, clean livi g room, perfect for chatting, reading, coffee. Great made to order breakfast. I'll stay again.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Vic
"Loved everything about Iowa House!"
Our weekend stay was wonderful. The bed & breakfast is in a residential neighborhood just a few blocks from campus providing a quiet, peaceful setting. We loved the mission decor of the inn and rooms. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Coffee, tea and snacks were set out for guests to enjoy any time of day. The breakfast prepared by Karl each morning was excellent. Our room was on the second floor and we only heard footsteps occasionally on the floor above. A sound machine is provided but noise really wasn't a problem. We plan on staying again whenever our travels take us to Ames.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Shelly & Dave
"Call it a 4 Star Luxury at 2 Star Price"
Best Place I have stayed in 20 years. What a steal. Quaint, Great staff, great food, absolutely superb room. whirlpool tub, This is not a hotel, it is a wonderful inn. Amentaties like limited home made cookies, snack, coffee, soft drinks. This is the best kept secret west of the Mississippi.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
JM
"Very charming B&B close to campus town!"
We came to town to visit family and decided we wanted to have a different experience than the typical hotel. The building was beautiful, we toured the whole house and loved that each room had a slightly different look. Breakfast was amazing!!! Great proximity to campus town. Thanks for an amazing weekend!
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Artney
"Welcoming & tasteful"
This inn-style hotel, beautifully maintained and furnished in the Arts & Crafts tradition, offers guests a warm and welcoming experience. My room's decor was tasteful and the bathroom was spacious and immaculate. The breakfast, shared with other guests around two dining tables, offered a nice chance for friendly conversation, and the food, prepared on the spot, was sumptuous. Egg whites were happily substituted for the higher-cholesterol fare. My only gripe is that I couldn't turn the air conditioner off, so my room was quite chilly.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
Phil
"relaxing break on a long trip"
Room was a bit warm for a hot June day. Otherwise, all was great!! Thanks!! Breakfast was great!!
1 night trip Jun 27, 2013
"Lovely"
Simply a lovely stay in a unique and beautiful converted frat house. Friendly staff, great food, and more than comfortable accommodations made it a worthwhile trip. Keep it up Iowa house!
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
kori
"Great place for parents to stay while visiting!"
We were visiting Iowa State University and searched for a place to stay right on campus. It was Within walking distance of the entire campus. We had a late check-in and were welcomed by a few other guests. There were late night snacks available to us and all the comforts of home waiting for us in our room. We are looking forward to booking our future stays at the Iowa House. Go Cyclones!!
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
kelly
"Nicest I have stayed at"
Great breakfast, cheerful help. Altogether a most pleasant place. Location was wrong side of campus for me, but within walking distance of university, so very good for many.
3 night trip May 10, 2013
"Very, very comfortable!"
I recently stayed here for orientation for ISU and I fell in love with the place. Everything is nice including the staff, and pretty much everything! The room is very clean, perfect for two people, bathroom is very clean, bathtub has jets (hot tub), and they even give you a package of bath salt (if you're into that)! The hotel has a very hone-like atmosphere. Hostess is very nice, the cook is very polite and willing to work with you if you have special needs. The ONLY downside (and it's not even that bad, in fact I kind of like it) is that there is a little wait for your food, and you pretty much have to sit with strangers for breakfast. But I would 95% recommend it still!
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
"Convenient and quiet location"
I enjoyed staying at the Iowa House. The charm of Iowa House is that it is so unlike big hotels - it is not close to a noisy highway, it is not a a location for large number of guests. Its room are nicely decorated, clean and cozy. I also enjoyed the breakfast which was prepared with care and personal touch.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2013
"Comfy home away from home"
Close to the Iowa State campus, this was a cozy, clean, and friendly place to stay. The rooms are all very nicely designed, with lots of early 20th century oak style furnishings. I stayed in one of the few smaller (and less expensive) rooms - small enough that instead of a closet there were coathangers on a ... hatrack? some piece of oak. Wasn't a problem for me but it may have mattered to others. A good sized full breakfast is served (though not much variety if you stay more than a couple days) and coffee/tea and chexmix (well, a variation) are available all the time. A nice living room with enough couches/chairs for gathering was supplemented by a good sized game room (think pub style) available for use downstairs. A wonderful place for smallish family gatherings.
Other trip May 30, 2013
The Iowa House was excellent with one exception - breakfast. Hope you are never in a hurry if you plan to eat breakfast there!! We suggest that it be continental style vs sit down style. People mingled and stayed at tables & then others could not sit down (limit of about 12 people at tables) I waited for 20 minutes for breakfast & was told "it's on it's way" twice. Had to leave since we had to be somewhere. They charge $10 per person each day for breakfast, so I should have just gone to Perkins. . Less wait and potentially lower price.
Other trip May 14, 2013
Kathleen
"Always a Pleasure"
Iowa House has become our 'hotel' of choice when we are in Ames. It never dissapoints! Quiet, comfortable, unique, awesome!
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
"We'll never stay anywhere else when visiting Ames"
The Iowa House is off-the-chart good, perhaps my favorite vacation stay ever! The House is gorgeous with brilliant interior decorating and original art, and it's set in a quaint neighborhood next to the campus. The staff was warm and friendly, and the chef for our Eggs Benedict (!!!, etc) breakfast made us feel like diners at the Ritz. We LOVED our stay!
1 night romance trip Mar 16, 2013
"Very nice stay"
I had a very nice relaxing stay while in town on business. I have told others to stay at the Iowa House and I will stay there again some time when I am in town. Thank you.
1 night business trip Feb 27, 2013
"All-Around Best Bet for Visits to ISU!"
From the free breakfast to the impeccably cleaned new rooms and exceedingly great hospitality off argement, I'm convinced that you need look no further if registering for a stay to Iowa State University. Remodeled from an old Frat House, the building is not only beautiful but central to and in easy walking or bussing distance to the central areas of campus such as the Memorial Union. If you're visiting Iowa State, I'd recommend signing up early and stopping your search at Good 'Ol Iowa House!
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2013
Isaiah I.
"My new favorite!"
What a great find! So nice to stay at a place that isn't a hotel!! Such character and so close to everything! Breakfast included is great. Only suggestion is to have more than 1 pancake on pancake day. But this is my new favorite!
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
"4.5/5. Will stay again if Son picks Iowa State"
My stay was wonderful. The trip took longer than expected and the check in attendant stayed past her shift to make sure I got there. There was a dessert bar. Eating my chocolate cake in the whirlpool tub was wonderful and all the toiletries smelled great too. The bed was super soft and the white noise machine was welcoming as sOmeone that sleeps with a fan. The breakfast was delicious. My only negative remarks. There was food in my fridge from previous guest, and a hair in the tub that wasn't mine before I got in.
1 night trip Feb 17, 2013
"Nice Atmosphere - Warm and Welcoming"
My son and I were staying to visit the ISU campus. We arrived late after a long car trip. The night staff person was very helpful and welcoming. After the long drive my son wanted to work out and the was disappointed the hotel didn't have an excercise room. The staff was quick to note the Iowa House had a relationship with Anytime Fitness and provided a pass and dirrections. Most helpful. Breakfast the next morning left something to be desired. There weren't that many guests yet the kitchen was slow and the food wasn't anything special, not what I expected of a bed and breakfast.
Other trip Feb 9, 2013
""Quiet retreat""
Beautiful and peaceful bed & breakfast located on the campus of Iowa State University. A hidden gem.....
Other trip Nov 5, 2012
"Wonderful Hotel"
It is a comfort place, and is very close to ISU campus. I especially like the breakfast there. I strongly recommed this hotel to everyone. I will definately stay this place for my next visit to Ames.
Other trip Oct 1, 2012
"Clean & quiet, good breakfast"
Very clean & quiet! Breakfast was delightful, close to campus.
Other trip Sep 29, 2012
"Beautiful"
very impressed. My first time ever at a Bed and Breakfast
Other trip Sep 28, 2012

"Great location for visiting Iowa State University"
Its a lovely small hotel with very friendly staff and owners.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Jon & Alison
We were delighted to find Iowa House - a small hotel with great character - and wonderful breakfasts too! Must be the best place to stay when visiting Ames - and ideally located for ISU. Our room was a little small - but we did opt for the cheapest option!; if you're staying for more than a couple of nights I would opt for a larger room. The student who greeted us made us feel very welcome.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
S Hann
"Comfortable and cozy"
We spent 5 days in Ames visiting friends and we're pleased to have found this warm and relaxed place to stay. The staff was welcoming and helpful, the room comfortable, with a good breakfast cooked each morning. It was a good place to relax. It is located near the university which could be a plus - the students can be a bit noisy on a Friday and Sarurday night.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Amazing B&B!"
Lovely staff, very helpful and supportive. Amazing place. Would definitely recommend to everybody!
Other trip Sep 23, 2012
Vet

"Hotel próxima a universidade"
Hotel aconchegante com um ótimo atendimento. Boa localização. Estilo casa de campo.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
BR
"Mysigt familjeägt Bed & breakfast"
Mysigt, kändes som att komma hem till en familj att bo där. Helt okey frukost, dock inget överdåd. Rent, dock heltäckningsmatta i sovrummet.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
SE
"Ein Hotel wie ein Zuhause"
Ich fand den Aufenthalt sehr angenehm, zum einen durch die menschliche Nähe zur Rezeption (Anne), die evtl. Fragen und Probleme engagiert und zielstrebig bearbeitete, und zur Küche (Swetlana), die alles tat, um den Frühstückspräferenzen der internationalen Gästen zu entsprechen, zum anderen durch die räumliche Nähe zum Campus und zur Stadt Ames.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2013