All hotels in Longview, Texas, United States of America

Breakfast is average
"Average"
Just Average!
2 night romance trip Dec 20, 2015
Great place to stay and very friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Shedaria
It was brief. Staff was friendly and professional.
Response by Candlewood Suites LONGVIEW
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, Michelle Front Desk Representative
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
Motel easy to find motel staff very very nice. Nice,easy, quit will stay stay and very clean.
Response by Candlewood Suites LONGVIEW
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, MIchelle Front Desk Representative
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
connie
"Very nice"
My husband and I were on a business trip and stayed here. Very nice hotel. Our room was clean and very spacious, with a kitchenette and direct tv! Would love to stay here again with our 3 children, however 5 people cannot stay in one room. :/ That's quite disappointing. But a great place to stay for a smaller family!
Response by Candlewood Suites LONGVIEW
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Candlewood. As our guest in the future, we will gladly accommodate you with connecting rooms at a discounted rate. Thank you for the review of our hotel. We hope you will be our guest again soon.
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
"Careful to ask for non smoking."
Be careful to ask for a non smoking room I had a smoking and it
Response by Candlewood Suites LONGVIEW
We apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort during your stay with us. To accommodate certain guest on extended stays we do have smoking rooms. Our staff would have gladly moved you rooms, we do not want our guest uncomfortable. We appreciate your review of our hotel. We hope you will be our guest again soon.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
Edward
"Great quiet hotel"
Everything was great. No problems and issues. Room had everything we needed. Everything worked close to everything we needed. Great location. Near ihop for a great breakfast. Room was clean.
Other trip May 31, 2015
Nathalie
"Nice place to stay."
Everyone was very nice and helpful. The lobby smelled like wet dog, but other than that, the hotel seemed clean.
Response by Candlewood Suites LONGVIEW
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service. Sincerely, MIchelle GSR
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
"Excellent Hotel"
Excellent stay...staff was extremely friendly and room was clean and comfortable.
Response by Candlewood Suites LONGVIEW
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, Michelle GSA
2 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2015
Quiet and clean also convenient to Starbucks on our departure.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Clean comfortable stay"
The front desk staff was some of the best we have ever encountered. Very friendly.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"Clean, Friendly, Convenient"
The hotel was located less than one block from dozens of restaurants and shopping. The front desk staff were some of the friendliest I have ever met.I would def stay here again.
Response by Candlewood Suites LONGVIEW
Thank you so much for your rating and review of our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, Michelle GSR
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Staff,location,very clean, 5 stars"
Hotel staff is amazing and very nice.. The location is great and hotel is very clean
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Josh
"Hotels stay"
It's was okay but every time we came back to our room it was still dirty no new trash bags no towels etc we always had to ask
2 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
"Stay at home while away from home."
I enjoyed my two week stay. The room was very comfortable and clean and the staff made you feel like family. I had a birthday while there and a card was placed under my door the morning of my celebration!!!
13 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
"Conveniently located + clean extended stay"
Clean, extended stay property that featured a small gym and laundry! Close to local mall and shopping!
2 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"Very nice."
My stay at the hotel was very nice and restful. I would love too stay their again. Thanks Candellwood.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Good if you're not expecting perks"
This hotel is good if you are not expecting perks like a pool or free breakfast which was fine with me since I was in town for a funeral. The people were very friendly. The room was ok. It was not as modern as other places I have stayed lately, but it was clean and quiet. My only complaint was I reserved a non-smoking room and was given a non-smoking room that smelled like it used to be a smoking room. Also, the thermostat was hard to find.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"no pool"
There was no pool no breakfast unless you payed for it read the hotel accommodations before you book other than that it was a decent stay
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
dj
"Everything we needed."
Staying overnight was good. Good location. Comfortable bed and nice cold AC.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Just a one night stay"
We were staying in Longview before picking our kids up from camp. Room was really nice and new. Only downside was refrigerator in room was noisy. Recommend unplugging it befor you go to bed.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Great hotel with a very helpful staff!!"
The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the price was great for a room with a complete kitchen. The only reason I didn't give the room a 5 is because the walls are really thin. My next door neighbor's dog barked non-stop for three days which made sleep difficult.
6 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
A
"Very nice hotel"
The only thing I had problems with was the internet. It was slow at times and other times I don't think it was even working. Other than that the front desk was helpful in trying to alleviate the internet problem. Very helpful with everything else. Enjoyed my stay. Will stay again when in the Longview area.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"nice for price"
Hotel is nice enough for the price. I like the fact that it has a kitchen in the room and a full size fridge. That makes staying more than one night very nice. Have stayed here many times while visiting family and the staff is always very friendly.
2 night trip Jul 1, 2014
Kennedy
"Housekeeping"
I did like the hotel. The location was nice, very close to places to eat and shopping as well. However, housekeeping is only offered once a week so no one came to my room to clean or even vacuum. Also, if you need extra towels ... Don't ask for them. You can only get fresh towels if you turn in the towels you've already used. Also, in order to use the DVD player I had to disconnect the cords from the cable box to plug them into the DVD player to watch a movie. The remote control did not control the DVD player at all. This may seem trivial to some, but it was just an inconvenience due to the fact that I just wanted to relax and enjoy a couple of movies.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
"Nice hotel but noisy with SMOKING allowed"
Stayed two nights here while visiting a relative. Hotel was clean, staff was friendly. Kitchenette was nice to have as we don't like eating out. Kitchenette has full refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, microwave and everything you need to cook, eat, clean up for meals. Cons: The hotel was very noisy. Something outside (it sounded like a truck running all night, but it was something with the building) ran all night long. I didn't get much sleep because of this. Bed wasn't very comfortable at all. Second, WHAT hotel in the USA still has smoking??? The entire third floor is smoking rooms. Fine, I booked non smoking on second floor, but that still put me in a smoking building. Smoke doesn't just stay on one floor, it runs thru the ventilation system. It is all through your building. Because of this hotel being a SMOKING facility, I am only giving it a 3 star rating and don't recommend it. If they would join the rest of the USA and provide CLEAN AIR for their guests, I would give them a 4 star.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
jp
Lots of stuff to go to.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2013
"Thanksgiving Trip Home"
Hotel service was excellent; comfortable bed and location close to restaurants and shopping. Will stay again for sure.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Billy
"Too New?"
While the hotel was extremely clean and new, it was a little too new. There are no ice machines, each room is a suite and they tell you to turn on the ice in the frig when you enter your room. The ice taste like plastic. Not enough water has been run through the ice maker. The third night I stayed in a different room. I brought my own ice. When I started to take my shower the next morning the water valve would not turn all the way to HOT. It was too late for me to change rooms. Over all it was nice and clean and awesome to have new beds and linings!!!
2 night trip Nov 13, 2013
"too many problems for one review..."
Hidden fees, rude desk clerks, noisy rooms, horrid location, and more. Avoid.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2013
"I'll be staying there again and again!"
I really liked he location of the hotel and the front desk was really friendly. I loved where the bed was in my room, I could have a night light on but still have it dark where I was sleeping. My room was clean and organized. I guess my only complaint is hey should have better hair dryers and maybe at least two bottles of shampoo. I have thick hair one isn't gonna cut it and it gets annoying to have to call the front rest for more.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Kate
It was a great experience would recommend it to others. Room was big lots of space. The bed was extremely comfortable. Plenty of towels. The down side there's no pool so it may not be a good choice for summer.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
mlevoy
"Close to availble sights"
This was the first time I had stayed in Candlewood Suites. The room was very comfortable. Everything available at our fingertips. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The hotel location is in a very good area, eating and shopping plaza nearby. I have no complaints. I look forward for another visit to your facility.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2013
"Very nice room in North Longview"
The room and service were excellent. Best room for the money and very clean
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"Great experience"
The room was very spacious and clean with great amenties, The staff was very helpful and friendly . I will most def visit again !!
1 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2013
"Large room and great location to convention center"
All hotel staff were very nice. The room was large and comfortable. If in Longview again this would definitely be my hotel of choice.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"Great Place to Stay"
With Direct TV and a Full kitchen in every room, this gives you an apartment feel rather than a hotel. The main lobby has a great store with tons of choices for food and drink. Great place to stay!
1 night trip May 21, 2013
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2016
Response by Candlewood Suites LONGVIEW
Thank you so much for your rating of our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, Michelle GSR
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
1 night business trip Oct 30, 2013
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
1 night trip May 25, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Candlewood Suites Longview

"very customer friendly and kid oriented...they have won my business"
02/13/16 Jasmyne P Longview, Texas
the room is located near lots of different eating places, you have a lazer tag for fun near by, and plenty of places to shop including Burlington Coat Factory and the Longview Mall. You are just a few minutes away from a hospital in case of emergency.
"Great place to stay!"
02/12/16 Stevienix2006
We had to come to town from FL for a family member in the hospital. This was a great location for us. Close to the hospital, numerous restaurants within walking distance & shops all nearby. We stayed about 11 nights with our 2 dogs. CS was very pet friendly. The hotel staff spoiled them with treats and lots of love! Everyone was always smiling and very welcoming to us. We loved that they have a little convenance cupboard stocked full of everything you might need & free coffee everyday too! We happened to be there for SuperBowl Sunday and the Mgr. Crystal had hooked up a feast! We also took advantage of pizza and beer night! They have movies to loan and a lending corner full of extra things you might need. The staff were all super lovely, always quick to greet you & make sure everything was going good! We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in town! The rooms were tidy and clean and stocked full of linens, coffee and love! M&S
"Fantastic stay 10 out of 10"
01/31/16 Sam S
The hotel was super clean and the manager was fantastic but not only that when the manager was not there the front desk was fantastic, helpful and polite at all times. Rusti was fantastic and one of the best front desk girl I have seen in a long time and I travel a ton. She was always willing to help and even when I came from work after a long stressful day she had been so polite and fantastic which had changed my attitude to better and she was 10 out of 10. The manager is so polite and great but the best understanding and always willing to help out in anyway. Don't got to any other hotel if you are near there. It's clean and comfortable and location is nice and plenty of place to go eat near the hotel in walking distance. What more do you need oh yes one thing more it's so quiet at night and it's peaceful. Can't even describe how comfortable the beds were. Checked in my hotel and fell a sleep like a Littile baby. Make sure you go by the hotel and no bad feedback to say at all. From the front desk to the room it was a FANTASTIC stay and make sure you check in at this hotel. No better place stay but a nice friendly staff and comfortable bed and hotel. Hope you read this and go and get a night there
"Nice place to stay"
01/28/16 SoStefani Katy, Texas
I stayed at the Candlewood suites due to my father being in critical condition at the Good Shepard Hospital. He passed away after a few days. The management and staff were super accommodating and made sure I was comfortable.
"Always Good"
01/09/16 Labluvr1 Jacksonville, Texas
While this was our first visit to this property, we have come to really love this brand. Not only is it affordable, the staff is always friendly and this stay was no exception! Add the fact that they are unabashedly "Pet Friendly", we are sold. Throw in the fact that they are a part of the IHG family of lodging makes this a no-brainer.
"Nice Place But Spendy"
11/18/15 Cottonwood2000 Cottonwood Heights, Utah
The place seemed nice enough, room was clean, plenty of towels, etc. But for the price I felt like we could have gotten a better deal. And there is no free breakfast. It seemed geared towards long term road warriors that might be staying a week or more at a time but at those prices I don't see how one could afford it. The check in folks weren't over friendly but I can deal with that.
"Very satisfied"
11/13/15 TennesseeAdela Tennessee
My husband and I are here for 2 months for work and we are more than happy this far. Our room is quite nice. It's clean, the bed sleeps great - very comfortable. Since this is our home away from home I appreciate the kitchenette. There is a full size fridge, dishwasher and microwave. I have an electric stove with 2 eyes, but no oven. I miss my oven. I would gladly trade the dishwasher for an oven or better yet, a convection microwave would have worked too. The countertop is marble and the cabinets are stocked with the cooking essentials - pots/pans, utensils, cutlery, dishes, even a colander and a pitcher. There's also a toaster and one of those 4-cup coffee makers. They supply paper towels as well as the dish towel and dish rag. There is a lending locker full of kitchen items if I need it such as crock pot, blender, mixer as well as board games! The closet is very roomy with plenty of storage. They have thoughtfully placed a table that doubles as a desk and place to eat. Lighting is a bit dim in the room, but the bathroom is well lit. The bathroom is roomy with plenty of space for our things. The staff have been so nice to us. We are greeted upon entering the lobby which is spacious and nicely furnished. Another nice touch is the Asian food and pizza which is provided on Thursday evenings (the food alternates weekly). The general manager, Crystal, and her staff are genuinely warm people. For example, they are putting on a Thanksgiving Dinner for hotel guests Thanksgiving Day. Being that we're too far to go home, that's really a nice thing and my husband and I appreciate it. We've never stayed in a Candlewood property, but will definitely keep this in mind when we travel and expect to be in one place for several days. It's just nice.
"Good stay"
09/13/15 AllStarMP
Stayed here a year ago, still great clean and comfortable rooms, beds, pillows, towels etc. Last year Wifi was slow and it was only slightly better this year. Shower pressure was actually too high and a bit uncomfortable. Overall a good stay.
"GREAT EXPERIENCE!!"
06/25/15 william f Longview, Texas
I stayed a week and felt so welcome it was like Sunday's at Grandmothers!! Their rooms are clean and cozy. It surprised me when I was treated to Catered Pizza Supper one evening in which all guests were invited. I was told they do this often . It was a great experience to be away from home and to meet and have great conversation with other motel guest.
"Problems from the first night"
06/17/15 Julie L Albuquerque, New Mexico
The front desk staff is friendly, but the lobby and halls smell like cigarette smoke, even on the non-smoking floors. After unpacking, I realized that the local TV channels didn't have sound. Since I like to listen to local news when travelling, this was a problem. The next morning, I learned that the garbage disposal didn't work and the bathroom fan buzzed when turned off. (I know. Weird.) I dropped off a list of all of the problems with the front desk and asked that they be fixed. When I returned at 10:00 p.m. that evening, nothing had been fixed. The front desk explained that maintenance spent the day power washing the hotel exterior and they'd get to my room the next day. When I returned the next evening, only the garbage disposal had been fixed. I again talked to the front desk. They apologized and offered to move me to another room. I didn't want to pack and unpack, so I declined. They said maintenance would fix everything the next day. When I returned the following evening, the TV was on and the volume turned up (felt sorry for my neighbors), but the network stations still didn't have sound. It went down to the front desk. They apologized again, offered to move me again, and when I declined, they offered a discount on the room and 1000 extra reward points. I returned to my room and the phone rang. I picked it up. No one there. It rang again. Again, no one there. I tried to call the front desk and realized the phone wasn't working. I tried to plug it into a different outlet and the bottom clip fell off. The next morning I added the phone to the list of problems and learned that indeed the front desk had been trying to call me. When I returned that evening, the front desk informed me that everything had been fixed. Once in my room, I discovered that the TV still wasn't working. I called the front desk and suggested they come up and listen. The woman said she'd be up as soon as she finished checking in some guests. She never showed. That's when I gave up. The front desk people are definitely friendly but maintenance is lousy.