All hotels in Lake Wales, Florida, United States of America
21380 Highway 27, Lake Wales, FL, 33859, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
It was OK was very quite one thing everything was out side and I had to a walk all the way to the office to get ice. And I think the price is a little to high to get a little service and convience
1 night trip Jun 15, 2015
Anthony
"Fishingtrip"
Great
3 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
Sandy
"One of the worst I have ever encountered"
Saw three different types of bugs in our room. Room was not very clean. Hotel needs repair work inside the room and on the outside of building. The reception area seemed clean and well maintained but the staff needs improvement. It seemed to me like we were a bother and not a valued guest. The free breakfast did not have any fruit, yogurt or meat of any kind. The muffins and danishes were not fit to eat. They tastes like week old product. The cereal and waffle was good but you have to ask for the milk for your cereal. The staff was on a break to smoke a cigarette. Again I felt as if we were imposing an not a valued quest.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Close to Bok Tower"
It was a place to sleep, AC was very noisy and the unit needed cleaning.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Hotel suggestions"
They sprayed the room with way too much with scome kind of room freshener. The smell was overwhelming when we opened the door. We had to keep the door open for quite some time to get some fresh air. Towels and face cloths could use some softener...very scratchy
2 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
Rosemay
for the price its did not meet my expectations...I was told prior to making reservation that this was a hotel with access to rooms from the inside, not true this is a motel with access to room from the outside.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Desperately needs updating/remodeling"
Room smelled musty and needed a good overall cleaning. Not sure electrical is up to date either. Rooms are in desperate need of remodeling.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"Suited our needs"
Motel is showing its age. However, staff was very friendly and helpful, room was clean. The location was perfect for our needs. Would probably stay there again. Pet friendly.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Is ok"
Is ok, to stay just only for the basic. Close tp the park we went to visit.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Glad we decided to stay at this hotel versus one of the "chain" hotels around in the area. The location is perfect for visiting LEGOLAND. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Great little getaway"
This was the perfect getaway. Close to several places yet quiet enough to offer the relaxation my boyfriend and I were looking for.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"In need of some repair, but I would stay there aga"
The staff were outstanding! Nice breakfast.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
the people were nice......location was good and price was good. the place is rather old and could use some fixing up. enjoyed the breakfast.......good waffle
"May be OK for a truck driver but don't take your f"
Need to be taken off your list. When i arrived at the hotel I knew I was in trouble.I proceeded to check in only because of your no refund policy.I received my keys continued to my room which was located in a very dark area,not place of family. I left the building and found my own hotel and we checked in around 4 a.m. That night.VFamilyery disappointed in my first and could be last reservation through hotel.com
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Harold
"Simple hotel"
This is a basic, older hotel. Nothing fancy. It was quiet, staff was friendly. It was close to the Bok Tower site (minutes away).
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
jmc
"not what I expected"
Looks like a motel. Not hotel. I booked on line to go to legoland. When I get there I got disappointed because for the price it should be more private and comfortable. I canceled my reservation. Hotels.com gave me good customer service. But be aware of this cause looks like a motel.
2 night business trip Aug 30, 2014
LA
"Good for the price"
Not bad for an overnight stay. The telephone system needs to be fixed. The message light kept flashing when there were no messages and the phone would ring but no one was there.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Terry
"They do allow pets"
I chose this hotel because it was pet friendly, although if my dogs had been long hair dogs, they wouldn't have been allowed. This isn't specified when making reservation BTW. The pros were a room that I could park in front of that was ground level, they allowed pets, the prices seemed acceptable. The cons were a room that smelled less than clean, Wi Fi that only worked for about five minutes out my stay, only one bath towel for two adults, and no water pressure at the sink.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Pat
"Here for the weekend..."
It was raining, and the lady at the desk sorted out my tv remote problem. Had to walk back and forth in the rain... This place was probably built in the 50s. Not bad at all for a roadside motel. Close to where I needed to be... I'd stay here again...
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Gregg
"Did not look like the pictures"
The staff were nice, although confused. The owners are not on property on the weekends and the feeling I got was that the staff were new. They did not have the room I booked. They gave us keys to another room. When we went there, the room was still occupied. The rooms looked worn. The bathroom floor was dirty. The towel and linen were thread bare and rough and also dingy. You really do get what you pay for. I admit I let price influence my choice. I will not do that again, but I was fine to stay there as we had planned. We had booked two nights. The morning after our first night, we were informed about a family emergency which caused us to have to return home. We let the management know before 9:00 am. Check in is at three and their policy is that you can cancel altogether up until the last minute, but they refused to refund our money for the second night, event though they had plenty of time to rent the room. They were only maybe a quarter full, so it is not like they had turned away people needing a room. Needed to get back, so did not pursue it more.
Marcy
"Was better before"
I stayed at Green Gables before and its service as well as its upkeep has gotten bad. asked for additional pillows, not available. Phone in room did not work glad I had a cell phone, but needed to leave room to ask for pillows/towels in front desk. Received a knock on my door every morning to find out if either we were checking out or what time we would be out of the room. We will not be staying again or recommending
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
Maria Guerrero
"Probably used to be nice resort"
Very dated and run down. Lobby was nice. Pool was nice but furniture, pool deck, and landscaping were all shabby, brokedown and dirty.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Older facilities that are in need of updating .Clean rooms and amenities with friendly service and smiles. Great for overnight stay that is cost efficient.
1 night business trip May 7, 2014
"Lake Wales"
Great people.
1 night trip May 1, 2014
"Decent Hotel--"
Decent--but B'fast could be better. It lacked protein, fruit and other options like yogurt.
3 night trip Apr 29, 2014
"Disappointed with Green Gables Inn"
I was very disappointed with the condition of the room which included dirty sheets, debris on the bed quilt, dirty towels and a foul odor in the room. I had to contact the manager on duty several times in order to have the above addressed. In addition, the evening manager did not (apparently) know the correct way to connect to the WIFI. As a result, I was unable to access the internet as I intended. I stayed at Green Gables about 5 years ago and conditions were much better than this. I hold the owner of the facility responsible for not staying on top of things at his/her hotel. I won't return.
"OK but not great"
The staff was very friendly, but the room was older and in need of an update. It was just OK for a quick overnight stop.
"our bok tower trip"
The desk manager was so nice, he gave us every courtesy. We booked on line and everything was easy when we got there. It is an older hotel, but very nicely kept. We enjoyed our stay very much with one exception. The water pipes were trying to sing us to sleep. Great location to see bok tower gardens, only 2 miles away. I would definetly stay there again when im in the area. Nice pool and fising lake, good restaraunt next door.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Green Gables - Lake Wales"
Old, dated motel that is in good shape considering its age. Park just outside the door - rooms are small but adequate. Staff was very friendly. My room had one very small issue with a small area of wall peeling adjacent to the tub/shower. Much less expensive than the chain facilities in the area. Well worth the value when traveling on a budget.
Response by Green Gables Inn
We at Green gables thank you for your comments. Thank you
1 night trip Apr 14, 2014
"Comfortable, Clean and well equipped"
We were pleasantly pleased. The outside isn't a good indication of the room. Our room was cozy, w/ a fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker. They have a free breakfast in the office, which was nice, had small assortment of bagels ,pastries with a waffle maker. I'd skip the coffee and head 2 miles up the street to the Dunkin Donuts. Only minutes away from the Bok Tower Gardens. Overall, nice experience and we would recommend it.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Looked a lot nicer at nite"
We arrived late at night. The outside of the buildings looked real nice in the dark with all of the neon lit. The office where you check in is nice. Once we got inside the room we quickly realized how old and poorly maintained the place was. Ceiling in the restroom was pealing and the caulking around the bathtub had mildew growing on it. The room had a musty smell and the bedspread and carpeting wear very old and worn. Had we not been tired and needed sleep we would have went elsewhere. Not worth the $100.00! The next morning in the daylight we could see just how dated the place really is. I'm sure it was a nice place 30 years ago.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Patrick G.
"KEEP Looking!"
The young woman at the desk was pleasant, but the first room we were given smelled horribly of mold (which you could see on the ceiling and down the wall) and of smoke. We asked for another room which smelled better but the bed was terrible, the AC made tons of noise (as did both neighbors all night) and in the morning - the shower head was spraying water in every direction except where it should. When my husband tried to tighten it - it just fell off. When we told the morning staff (less nice man that day) he couldn't have cared less. We were so glad we only booked one night and would never stay again. The rate was also really high for the horrible quality. I know it's March in FL, but seriously.
Response by Green Gables Inn
I am sorry about that. The man you show next morning was very nice to you and told you that we will get it fixed and also told you that he could come right now and fix it but you refused for that service and said you know what it is like because you mange apartments . You also said your husband will fix it. Thank you for staying with us
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
Cathy
"OK"
The place was okay and our destination was to far and the only place available
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Old hotel"
Smell bad, dury, i can't sleep with the smell, :( bad ugly hotel.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
Jonh
"Friendly owners! great facilities"
It was further away than we had wanted to be (show in /Fort Meade) but the commute was easy and the facilities were great. The restaurant next ddoor has deliscious food and very courteous staff.
3 night trip Feb 19, 2014
Cris
"A little house keeping goes a long way"
The location of the hotel was very convienient and the front desk service was great.. The room was large, but had a weird smell to it and the bathroom was not up to my standards of clean... The floor in our room needed a good vacuuming as well... It doesn't bother me to stay in a dated hotel, especially when I need some place quick and easy to get to, but I want it to be clean!! Clean rooms will get you repeat business quicker than anything in my book... We won't go back to this one unfortunately
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Jamie
it was a place to sleep and eat next door
4 night business trip Feb 18, 2014
Ron
"Not return, not recommend."
This was our worst experience ever in a hotels.com motel. Even though room was far from road, parking lot noise and noise from nearby guests through thin walls spoiled any chance of a happy rest.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
MrWH
the room was clean; however, there was aloud a/c unit that made the bathroom extremely noisey. if u closed the bathroom door then the noise was elimated...
3 night family trip Feb 12, 2014
wjb
"discustingly filthy"
When we got to the room we were shocked with peeling paint, turned over the sheets and found cherious inside. Went to office and complained and they gave us another room. First bed had stains in middle of sheets but other but other bed was tolerable and it was late so we stayed. We slept in or socks because the floor was so dirty
1 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
"Older 60's style motel in very good shape."
Very satisfied. Nicely kept older motel.
1 night trip Jan 31, 2014
Bruce K
"The for sale sign on the property is a clue."
This motel is straight out the 1950s and hasn't changed much since. The staff and management were fine. The room was clean, beds were comfortable and a low price so men would be OK with it but I caution anyone bringing their wife.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
retired folks
"Match hotel"
Was a decent match hotel, but this last experience was bad. We've decided to move on and spend a little extra to have a cleaner environment.
3 night trip Jan 17, 2014
it was comfortable older hotel and a restaurant by it and the breakfast bar was great.
2 night trip Dec 10, 2013
"Convienient location"
The hotel was a convenient location to rest before continuing on to my destination. I almost missed it however because the sign is small. But I realize local ordiances may prohibit a larger one. Everyone was very pleasent and helpful. But....there was used soap left in the tub and used towels left on a shelf in the bathroom. And...after taking a shower and walking from the bathroom to my bed I had dirt on the bottom of my feet! I told the man about it the next morning when I checked out and he immediately started telling me that that just couldn't be. I said I'm sorry but that was my experience. He said he would see who cleaned that room yesterday. But he acted like he didn't believe me!!!! Sorry, I will never return.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Helen
"Good stay if going to Legoland."
It is really close to Lagoland and has a nice dining place on the same plaza. Didn't have any big concerns axcept AC was a little loud, but this is common to motels like this.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
Andy
"My Stay at Green Gables Inn"
The room was very out dated and is in much need of good maintenance, many things in the room were in need of repair. The bed was not comfortable at all and the pillows were very flat.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Green Gables"
The place could use a serious facelift. It looks a bit run down, but the people running the place were great. The rooms could use a freshen up as well, but the room was comfortable. WIFI was non-existent during my stay.
Response by Green Gables Inn
Hi Tom Thank you for your comments About the wifi did you ask the front desk for help and would like to know if you did than what did front desk say. As far as the rooms goes Yes we do know that they need painting. We always try and do it when we can get it done We started painting few days ago. We do try and keep up with what we can at all times. We also just got done re sealing the parking lot this long weekend. We hope you will stay with us next time you are in town. Again we thank you
2 night business trip Aug 7, 2013
"Review"
It was ok. Not very up to date, but cheap and safe.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"Lakeside "Resort" this is NOT"
I almost gave up my one night deposit (for my one night stay) and went elsewhere when we drove up to this motel. It is very dingy on the outside and even dingier on the inside. The paint in the room was peeling, tile in the shower cracked, not enough super thin, almost see-through towels for even two people, and the room smelled when we walked in. I had to get my air freshener out of the car. The beds didn't even have bed skirts, just bare box springs under the mattresses. Only two, very flat pillows per queen size bed and no spares in closet or otherwise. Gross, white plastic chairs on the "patio" were dirty and stained so I was afraid to sit down. Also, just go ahead and skip the free breakfast. It wasn't even worth free. The one mini muffin I nearly tried was hard and stale enough to shatter a car window if thrown at it. The lobby coffee was ok, but the cups they provide for it are thimble-sized. I would never stay there again.
1 night trip May 18, 2013