All hotels in Santa Cruz, California, United States of America
1410 Ocean Street, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Very Nice Hotel."
It was very nice,the hotel was a good price, Friendly,Helpful staff. Clean neighbor was OK. I would Highly recommend this Hotel.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
Marjorie
"Great!"
The hotel staff was very friendly. They made us feel welcome and helped us with whatever we needed! Great stay!
3 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Very pricey for location
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Greg
"Definitely would stay again."
Friendly and professional staff were great. Very happy with the location, cleanliness, thoughtfulness of staff, etc. I would definitely stay there again, no hesitation.
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"great stay"
enjoyed the hotel- felt very secure for the parking was underground with cameras. easy to walk to downtown for shopping and dinner- will stay here again!
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
dbirish40
The breakfast buffet was a really nice bonus with staff that went above and beyond to provide us with a wonderful meal.We stayed in The queen suite and found it to be spacious And very comfortable . We would definitely stay in this hotel again!
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"JBoog concert in Santa Cruz"
it was awesome! friendliest staff & yummy bfast.... can't wait to stay again... cya soon!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Nice stay but high price"
Our room was clean and newly remodeled. Nice bedding, carpet and bathroom. Everything was nicely cleaned. Close enough to drive a mile or 2 for downtown and the Boardwalk but not close enough to walk. The free breakfast is one of the better free breakfasts we've had at a hotel. Standard yogurt, fruit and cereal but also hot eggs and breakfast meat (different each day). My 2 qualms were; one, the price is very high. I know it's summer and a desirable location, but we went mid week and paid $250/night. This is at best, a $200 room anywhere else. The second, the location. The price might be better worth it if it were on the beach, but it was in town, off the freeway and our room looked out on a shanty neighborhood! The only disturbance was a loud garbage truck at 5am on Thursday morning. Other than that, it's an eyesore but not a deterrence from the trip.
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
tichetown
"10"
Very nice and clean
2 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
"Accommodating staff"
Friendly staff and very helpful. Have stayed there several times and never experienced a problem.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
seal guy
"Finally a Great Hotel in Santa Cruz!"
My daughter and I have stayed at many hotels in Santa Cruz over the years. Many of them photoed well but when we arrived we were always disappointed. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites far exceeded our expectations! The room was huge, beds were VERY comfortable (and I have a temper-pedic mattress at home), pillows amazing (no need to bring your own), breakfast was good (not great, but not bad), and the staff was very friendly.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Much thanks to folks at the service desk and the breakfast area. We appreciate the "exceptional" service you all provided. We're looking forward coming back and seeing you soon.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
"Pricey, but you get a lot."
Overall I rate this hotel an 8 out of 10. We stood in a 2 queen bed suite that was very nice. The hotel staff were very curtious and attentive but we did have a few minor issues beginning with our check in. We had a 3pm check in and arrived around 3:30. At that time our suite was still in the process of getting cleaned and not quite ready, which happens sometimes I guess, but it was inconvinient . Also, one of the queen beds mattresses seemed to be a little uneven and most likely needed to be replaced. Our suite faced the main street and was a bit noisy ( traffic ) when the window was open. Other than that, we enjoyed our short stay although we did pay over $325 for the night.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
Hec
"Excellent service"
Excellent service.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Rafael Constantino
"Close to UCSC and the beach."
Clean, quiet and enough room so you didn't feel cramped.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Marty
Hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was really friendly. My kids loved the heated pool. Good breakfast served and had different options each morning we were there. Parking could be better, it is underground and most of the spaces are small. Would definitely stay again if in Santa Cruz!
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
1st Timer
was good.
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
The hotel was very nice, clean and the room was comfortable. The breakfast was basic but tasty. The area was a little sketchy with some vacant buildings around. It was a bit far from the boardwalk and beaches.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
The rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable. I had 2 rooms because we had lots of people and both were nice. Great swimming pool & free breakfast in the morning. I'd definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Wendy
"Felt very safe"
The hotel was great. Good free breakfast. Very clean rooms with nice showers & comfortable beds & pillows. Nice pool. Within walking distance to lots of restaurants.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Wendy
"Short weekend"
Clean, quiet and comfortable. Towels & toiletries were replaced even though we hung them up for reuse. Pool is surrounded by building and not out in parking lot like some others. Cramped but covered parking. Nice place. Short drive to many great locations.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Our room was spacious with plenty if room for 3 boys. They loved having two TVs and the extra hidabed. The only downfall was the sparse bathroom and loose door handle causing it to lock from outside when no one was in the bathroom. Overall nice experience though.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
Charla
Nice clean hotel,very friendly and helpful staff .Comfortable beds, good size bathroom. Complimentary breakfast and WiFi. We liked it!
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
V
"Rude front desk person."
Very rude young lady at the desk throughout the entire stay. When I did a call in to management regarding the problem, they said they would follow up. Did not do so.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
K
"Great vacation spot for the whole family!"
Great spot and location. Ample parking, clean room, quiet, bountiful breakfast, and great service!
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Lynette
"Nice stay!"
My husband, 5 year old son and I took a mini vacay down to Santa Cruz for the Fourth of July and stayed for two nights. This hotel was a much nicer upgrade compared to an inn we stayed at on the same street the first night . The room was nice big, clean and comfy and all the necessary accommodations. The breakfast buffet in the morning was a great added amenity as well. My son enjoyed the heated pool and it was an overall nice stay!
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Great rooms and pool"
The family was very happy with this hotel. The pool was fun, the rooms were clean, and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was decent just don't eat the eggs...
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2014
"Ideal location to beach and downtown and main high"
Excellent, but the facilities need more parking spaces.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Excellent Service, Friendly Staff"
Very comfortable and convenient location
3 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"over priced"
First we could not get into our room, until an hour late, at 4pm instead of 3pm. The next day after going to Monterey Bay Aquarium, our room keys didn not work. another guest told me that happened to them as well. We had to take our keys back to the front desk to have them reactivated. Another issue is that we used the sofa bed in our suite and the next day, the sofa bed was not made or fixed after it was used, it was left unmade. We had to ask that they please make the sofa bed as well. The service was not the best, sorry to say. The bed not being made was unexcueable, as well as having to wait another hour for our room to be available.
3 night trip Jun 11, 2014
"Nice breakfast each morning."
Nice room, breakfast and hotel parking. Staff was courteous.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"very convient location"
we had an enjoyable stay and found the property clean and comfortable
2 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"Great hotel and very clean"
We had a great experience at the hotel. Were able to check in early. Room was clean. The only issue we had was the second floor ice machine was not working. No biggie. We walked up to the third floor. Breakfast was great too!!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Inconsistant with other Holiday Inn Express Hotels"
The room was huge, and mostly clean, but there were a few things about the room that surprised me. The sheets smelled of bleach, more than usual. The bed was hard as a rock, but I didn't wake up sore. There were splatters of some type of substance on the desk chair and the couch. The glass tops of the side tables we dirty. And, there was coffee all over the ironing board. Also, we weren't able to rent any movies, which was weird. After a long day of drinking on the beach, I want to lay in bed and watch a movie! The proximity to the beach was too far to walk, but only a short cab ride. The staff that I had to deal with were great, until the last one. The lady who checked me out started reading my room survey before I even started walking away. So unprofessional! I usually stay at a Holiday Inn Express whenever possible, because it's consistent and reliable, but I will probably choose another hotel next time I'm in Santa Cruz.
1 night romance trip Jun 1, 2014
JC
It was all good. I would stay there again.
3 night trip May 29, 2014
apwaterfalls
Adorable, clean and quiet. Small but adequate gym for when you just need to do 20 minutes of pickup workout when traveling. Small but full breakfast bar. Great front desk service! Loved this place.
1 night trip May 21, 2014
Huong
"nice newer hotel"
Great breakfast, very clean hotel and grounds. We went on a holiday weekend and there was still plenty of parking. We'll stay there again on our next trip to Santa Cruz. Close to freeways and many attractions.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2014
"A perfect stay"
Great location, clean, amazing breakfast, great rooms, quiet... will return. Good rate, friendly staff. Thanks!
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Rayna
The price is high
2 night business trip May 9, 2014
Megan
"Nice Property"
Breakfast was excellent. Room was comfortable and linens nice. The shower was big and good shower head.
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2014
M R Wolff
"Friendly staff. Very comfortable room."
Very comfortable. Pleasing decor. Less than 5 min drive to beach.
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Enjoyed our stay"
I had stayed at a few Holiday Inns on this trip. This one we had a Suite and loved it! I love the breakfast it helps keep vacation costs down. We stayed at a couple of other hotel chains on this trip and found the rooms to be the largest of the hotels. The more expensive the smaller the room and bigger more luxurious the furniture so it is what ever is important to you.
1 night family trip Apr 19, 2014
Was good, but had to wait nearly 3hrs after check in time to check in.
2 night trip with friends Apr 14, 2014
MB
We came up for UCSC admitted student fair. Very easy to find off the freeway, free parking, nice facilities, close to campus.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"Great value!"
Santa Cruz Holiday Inn Express was very comfortable. The hotel was clean, quiet, and convenient to the major roadways. The breakfast area was very busy but the extra outdoor seating (though a little chilly) helped. Hotel staff was very helpful with directions and recommendations for restaurants in the area. The surrounding area is a little sketchy for walking.
1 night trip Apr 10, 2014
Nora
The hotel was clean and the room was excellent.
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2014
"Nice friendly staff, good breakfast"
Enjoyed our stay, nice clean room, close to shopping, downtown
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
micheal
"Nice place at a decent price"
I've stayed here several times in the almost 4 years that my daughter's been a student at UCSC. It is conveniently located to downtown, the beach and UCSC. That makes it nice. The staff is very accommodating. On this occasion, I was given my choice of which floor and area of the hotel I'd like to stay in. The covered parking is useful too, especially on a rainy day. The breakfast isn't too bad and is plentiful. My only complaint would be the old lumpy pillows. Everything else is so nice, the pillows weren't up to that standard. But I would stay there again, except next time I'll be in SC will be for graduation. Holiday Inn has jacked up the prices for that weekend, so we'll stay somewhere else. Still, more power to them, I can't fault them for wanting to make a buck.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Kactiss
Overall excellent - only complaint is the parking lot (narrow, tight quarters, best to bring a sedan, avoid suvs or large trucks). Do appreciate the late check out time by 2 - requested due to lack of sleep from children next door.Front office very courteous. Hotel very clean, modern and new.
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
liz
Excellent hotel if only they have Jacuzzi and bigger pool.
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014