All hotels in Santa Cruz, California, United States of America
1410 Ocean Street, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"weekend getaway with the in-laws"
Friendly, helpful staff, good breakfast.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
Nicole
"Nice hotel, hotel staff was excellent."
My family and I only stayed in the hotel for the weekend. The hotel was very clean. Nice staff. I had a good experience. We'll definitely stay in this hotel again.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Yas
"Accountability"
I had an issues with my bill and the manager never called me back. I was told to call the booking agency who told me to call the hotel. Neither company wanted to do the right thing. I booked a hotel stay for work at the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Cruz. My reservation was 4/13- 4/18. I left a day early because my work was finished and I didn't want to deal with a noisy hotel another night. My 1st call to Hotels.com spoke to Myles /E9646044 who wanted to tell me it was my fault!!! I am totally willing to pay for nights I stayed in the hotel but nothing more. The two companies must work together to provide good customer service if they want repeat customers. My call back to Hotels.com I spoke to Trevor/ E-9646290 who took care of the issue within 3 minutes. He called the hotel to confirm my claim and stated he would process a refund for the last night of my reservation as requested. He also assured me he would send an email to confirm when the request was complete. Myles needs more customer service training! Thank you Trevor for seeing the practical side of a customer request.
5 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
"Clean, affordable hotel minutes from the beach"
We've had very good experiences with Holiday Inn Express hotels up and down the West Coast. The Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz did not disappoint on rooms, or service. The hotel was clean, the staff was attentive and helpful, the breakfast was great. The only downside to this property versus other Holiday Inn Express units we've stay at was the pool. The pool was tiny, the water was murky and didn't seem to be heated at all, the furniture around the pool was just strewn about, and over a five day stay it just seemed like the pool was an afterthought in terms of maintenance. As far as Santa Cruz the big draw for our family was day trips to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Hiking Wilder State Beach (beautiful coast cliffs and sea lions), Redwood hikes, excursions to Capitola and Brighton State Beach. Santa Cruz itself...not so much, the boardwalk has a dirty, unsafe feeling to it, especially on the weekend. Downtown Santa Cruz struggles to be quaint and the restaurants we visited were mediocre and a few were frankly filthy. There were a lot of criminal types downtown and we even witnessed a full street fight that went on for minutes and no law enforcement ever showed up. If you're going to stay in Santa Cruz, check out the sea lions at the end of wharf and then spend most your visit in other towns.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
J
"This is a great place to stay in S.C."
Have stayed here several times. It is consistently a pleasant experience. Close to downtown, easy parking, clean and comfortable. Good value, especially compared with the prices of surrounding hotels and motels.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Cathy..
"Great place to stay in Santa Cruz!"
Our family of 4 stayed two nights while visiting UC Santa Cruz. The hotel was very comfortable, clean, and quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful; they went out of their way to ensure that our needs were met. The beds/pillows were very comfortable so we all slept well. The location was reasonably close to the beach and to the university (short drive by car but too far to walk). Breakfast was tasty but you need to wait for a table. Parking stalls were too small but still able to find a space for our mini-van. Overall, this hotel is a great value. We would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Second time around"
This is our second stay at this property and we will most definitely stay here again. I will say the hotel was full and there was limited space for seating at breakfast
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
College Visits
"Close to Downtown. Good breakfast variety"
I had been to this hotel before on a business trip, and I had had a good experience. The bedding was comfortable and the room was clean. Therefore I picked it again for a trip with my husband. It is a nice hotel, but our bed was broken and sagging on one side. My husband didn't sleep well because of the broken bed. I also had some trouble with the shower curtain closing all the way, and water got on the floor despite my efforts to keep it closed. We didn't have any washcloths when we checked in and had to call for some to be brought up. This hotel has a nice variety of food for breakfast, but you need to get there early or it gets crowded and you have to wait for them to bring more food out. It is a bit pricey for what you get.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Annette
"Convenient"
Pretty nice for a week long staying while attending classes at UCSC.
6 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
Gerardo
"Clean and modern though 1.5 miles to beach"
Three generations of us stayed here on a Sat and Sun night. Very clean and modern. Comfortable beds and ample pillows. Above average buffet breakfast though not enough seating. That may be because we stayed there at the start of Spring break and the town was packed everywhere. Long lines at buffet and we took turns sitting at our table. Hotel is on a 4-lane main roadway and is about 1.5 miles to beach so not a quick walk. They give out great recommendations on places to eat - we followed two of them and they were both great. Within walking distance is the Santa Cruz Diner which was featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives and had great lunch there. Biggest downside of the hotel - besides having a long trek to beach - was that it had the slowest hotel internet connection we have ever had - took 20 minutes to get our airline boarding passes printed out.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
K
"Great hotel! Very modern and clean."
Very friendly and helpful front desk workers. Great continental breakfast options. Clean, spacious rooms, modern interior, right in the heart of Santa Cruz.
1 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
Nicole
"I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again"
Great hotel, comfortable beds, clean rooms, good breakfast
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
"I only stay here in Santa Cruz"
The Best Staff anywhere..
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
Justin
"Comfortable, clean and freindly"
Room was comfortable and clean - did not like the dead tree outside the window and the concrete wall view but we did not go there to look out of our window. The hotel was very clean and the service was exceptional. The breakfast was well stocked and the servers were helpful and always smiling. The hotel desk staff were happy to help with any request we had. It was like staying at home! I will stay again.
2 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
Rhett
"Clean and roomy"
Very clean and lots of room (2 queen suite). Decent breakfast. Staff walked around during breakfast greeting guests.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"In town for UCSC Family Weekend"
Nice, comfortable stay. Good breakfast options. Mountains of perfect pillows on the beds. The only thing that could improve is that the number of towel sets in our bathroom was set up for 2 people, and we registered for 4 guests. Had to keep asking for towels to accommodate. Overall, very clean and pleasant.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
"Comfortable room"
Room was perfectly comfortable and hotel staff were very nice. Breakfast was nothing special, but they did have eggs and bacon. The neighborhood seemed a little sketchy but inside the hotel was perfectly nice.
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
Deborah
"Comfortable and affordable"
The hotel was very comfortable and clean and one of the few hotels that can accommodate a family of 5 in one room. The staff was friendly and welcoming. We appreciated being able to check in early. The only negative was that it was not walking distance to the beach but that is what makes it affordable.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
"surf contest"
it was very nice
3 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
"one more of many trips to santa cruz"
the staff is exceptional
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
Justin
"Great Family Hotel"
Hotel was fantastic! The simplicity of checking in, to getting to our rooms and relaxing from a long drive up the coast, this hotel accommodated every one of our needs. From the Family Room with the sofabed to the free breakfast and amazing staff, this sure beats staying anywhere else in Santa Cruz!
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
EDWARD
"Very courteous staff. Good location & neat hotel."
Comfortable stay. We stayed in the kings suite & was very roomy for 5 of us & had room for another person too. Totally recommend the place!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
simi
I just wish staff was nicer...the staff wasn't very friendly when we asked them questions
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Just ok."
This hotel is just like many others. You have two double beds and four people. So why in the heck do they give you three towels?? They also want us to be "green" and reuse towels, but they give you one hook to hang up towels. This does not work for us!! Hotels please give people some extra hooks and space for toiletries.... This room was ok, shower door did not close all the way, so it was easy to get water outside on slippery tile. A little maintenance would go a long way here. Breakfast was way too crowded for the hard working lady there. I felt so bad for her trying to keep up with everything going on. They need extra help there and chairs/tables.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
buckleberry
A great place. Clean , great staff and comfortable place
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Would stay again"
Pretty nice, clean and quiet but it was Christmas Eve so I expected that. Our room was clean and it's a fairly new hotel. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was ok, not spectacular, but adequate.
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"Overnight in Santa Cruz"
Very pleasant, updated hotel. Staff were very helpful.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2014
Nice hotel...close to everything we were going to see. Good breakfast.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"great place"
Great place great rooms great staff!
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
"Good Value"
The stay was for the Company's general manager and he seemed satisfied except to say the coffee wasn't that good. I tend to this hotel for my staff bookings because it is a good value for the Santa Cruz area. You know you are getting a decent room.
3 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
Jane
"nice hotel. close to freeway"
room was very clean, well appointed, complementary coffee and coffee maker in room, complementary toiletries. the breakfast was quite good with lots of choices of foods. 4 different kinds of juices, fresh fruit, hot and cold cereals with different toppings, pastries, bagels, bacon, scrambled eggs, yogurts, coffees, teas, even a machine that makes pancakes…and all the extra goodies for those items. the breakfast area was clean, open, nice tables and chairs. front desk people were very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. the only negative was that the phone in the room did not work, which wasn't a huge issue since we had our cell phones and had good reception there. parking underground was a little dicey, especially because we have a big suv and the pillars were in odd places. but we managed just fine. i like the fact that to get from the underground parking into the elevator room, you had to use your room key, and everywhere was very well lit.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
lee
"Cozy, quiet and clean."
Overall I was very satisfied with our stay. The front was very kind and professional, and the room, beds and bathroom were all in great shape. There were plenty of pillows and linen as well as the woman working sanitation who asked us if we needed more that we should feel free to ask. We were so relaxed that we actually missed breakfast but thankfully got some yogurt and oatmeal before checking out. All in all a stellar experience and would definitely stay again, especially for the price.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Javier
"i'll be looking for a holiday inn express, next va"
we felt the room was small, but well appointed and very clean. it is a great neighborhood for jogging, and close to all sights. the free parking is a definite plus!
2 night romance trip Dec 2, 2014
Gilbert
"Nice Place"
I love this hotel with one exception- The bed was so hard it actually made my ribs and hips hurt- we have stayed here before and didn't have this issue and we will probably stay here again
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Dianne
Nice room and good service. The TV was a little iffy but we managed. Breakfast was adequate. Good coffee.
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
"Clean, nice and relaxing"
Nice room, friendly service, good breakfast, decent location
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
Javier
Front desk person was very nice and helpful. Very convenient location if wanting to go to the boardwalk
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
"A sub-par Holiday Inn Express"
Hotel front desk not at all friendly when they realized I booked through "a third party vendor". I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Expresses over the years and this is the first time there were no "thank you's", nothing pleasant whatsoever. The room didn't even have a refrigerator. Parking locations not clear at all i.e. where to park when checking in, the fact that there is a second garage and there was a maintenance worker's truck blocking half of the smaller garage. Would not recommend.
1 night romance trip Nov 5, 2014
"Hard to take a shower."
The shower door was installed wrong. It opened in to the front of the shower, so you had to really squeeze into the shower up against the corner of the walls.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Laurie
"Very Nice Hotel."
It was very nice,the hotel was a good price, Friendly,Helpful staff. Clean neighbor was OK. I would Highly recommend this Hotel.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
Marjorie
"Great!"
The hotel staff was very friendly. They made us feel welcome and helped us with whatever we needed! Great stay!
3 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Very pricey for location
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Greg
"Definitely would stay again."
Friendly and professional staff were great. Very happy with the location, cleanliness, thoughtfulness of staff, etc. I would definitely stay there again, no hesitation.
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"great stay"
enjoyed the hotel- felt very secure for the parking was underground with cameras. easy to walk to downtown for shopping and dinner- will stay here again!
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
dbirish40
The breakfast buffet was a really nice bonus with staff that went above and beyond to provide us with a wonderful meal.We stayed in The queen suite and found it to be spacious And very comfortable . We would definitely stay in this hotel again!
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"JBoog concert in Santa Cruz"
it was awesome! friendliest staff & yummy bfast.... can't wait to stay again... cya soon!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Nice stay but high price"
Our room was clean and newly remodeled. Nice bedding, carpet and bathroom. Everything was nicely cleaned. Close enough to drive a mile or 2 for downtown and the Boardwalk but not close enough to walk. The free breakfast is one of the better free breakfasts we've had at a hotel. Standard yogurt, fruit and cereal but also hot eggs and breakfast meat (different each day). My 2 qualms were; one, the price is very high. I know it's summer and a desirable location, but we went mid week and paid $250/night. This is at best, a $200 room anywhere else. The second, the location. The price might be better worth it if it were on the beach, but it was in town, off the freeway and our room looked out on a shanty neighborhood! The only disturbance was a loud garbage truck at 5am on Thursday morning. Other than that, it's an eyesore but not a deterrence from the trip.
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
tichetown
"10"
Very nice and clean
2 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
"Accommodating staff"
Friendly staff and very helpful. Have stayed there several times and never experienced a problem.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
seal guy
"Finally a Great Hotel in Santa Cruz!"
My daughter and I have stayed at many hotels in Santa Cruz over the years. Many of them photoed well but when we arrived we were always disappointed. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites far exceeded our expectations! The room was huge, beds were VERY comfortable (and I have a temper-pedic mattress at home), pillows amazing (no need to bring your own), breakfast was good (not great, but not bad), and the staff was very friendly.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014