All hotels in Cootehill, Ireland
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereCavan Road, Cootehill, Cavan, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

We stayed in Errigal on the 26/12/14, our stay was perfect. The room was beautiful, clean and spacious with a lovely view. The staff were lovely, chatty and helpful. We ate in the bar because the restaurant closed very early but that was probably due to the time of year. The food was delicious and great value. We also used the spa facilities which were fantastic. Overall a brilliant stay and we will definitely be back.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"We were there for 3 nights."
They hosted a dinner for 22 of our relatives and it was terrific. They also hosted a wedding for 230 people and a dinner for 90 fisherman. Service by all the staff was first class. We will be back. Alan & Kathy
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Alan & Kathy
"A very comfortable hotel"
My one night stay was very comfortable.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
"Nice place to stay - beautiful countryside view"
Very pleased with everything
Other trip Aug 11, 2012
"genological resaearch"
excellent wonderful staff However very difficult to cancel even one day stay We were through with our investigation but could not be reimbursed if we left early so we missed alot of your beautiful country.
Family trip Aug 6, 2012
"very relaxing"
This is a wonderful COUNTRY HOUSE HOTEL, a lot bigger than we expected. Beautifully decorated, rooms were very clean & comfortable. Easy access into town, walking about 25mins. We travelled for 3 weeks around Ireland,booked several hotels & B/Bs through Hotels.com they sure came through for us
Other trip May 27, 2012
Yvonne

"Lovely hotel enjoyable stay"
Attended a wedding at the hotel, Hotel and service was amazing, very friendly staff and nothing too much trouble to them.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
lindsey
"ok"
at this time of year it was very quiet, bar had only a few people in bar meals were good but overpriced,
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
Alexander
"Short stay."
Had a lovely stay, the food was outstanding, would recommend it to everyone, will be back soon.Guy in the bar singing and was very friendly.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Errigal Country House Hotel"
overall a very good hotel. Large comfortable room, lovely surroundings, and friendly staff. Although it did take a long time to get the wifi working in the room
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
Frequent traveler
"Beautiful Hotel"
Simply cannot fault the Errigal Country House Hotel. Everything about our stay was fantastic. Room was very large and clean. Service was great. We decided on bar food instead of the restuarant and we're not sorry that we did, top quality food. Loved the Brewery Bar in the hotel too, very unlike a standard hotel bar (this is a good thing!). Will be back....
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
Niall
Excellent service
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
T Stack
"Superb Wedding Package"
We were at a wedding; everything was high q and went like clockwork.........v nice breakfast as well
1 night trip May 9, 2014
MCNCLAN
"Didn't like the room"
When I arrived at the hotel the hotel staff were very friendly . The problem I had was that I was told I was staying in one of the houses facing the hotel I was very disappointed because I had paid 140.00 euro thinking I was staying in the hotel which was not the case, I think this should be made clear to people when they are booking.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Great location since we wanted to be in Cootehill. Enjoyed a nice meal and the morning breakfast was very nice also. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend to others without hesitation.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2013
Sonya
What a beautiful location with the most amazing views from a very nice room
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2013
Antaron
"Great service"
Had a great weekend break
2 night romance trip Aug 24, 2013
"Not good at all"
Ready for a rant?? They don't believe in duvets... They prefer the moleskin blankets that are speckled with blue fluff, probably from someone else's belly button. There is no Internet connection apart from in reception, all the plugs are a million miles away from the bed, the radiator is hanging off the wall the lampshade is ripped, I think they fought Noah for the TV and the iron had black marks on it so ill probably wreck my shirt if I even think about ironing it!! How can this place justify a larger cost than most Dublin hotels??
1 night business trip May 8, 2013
"Tired Room"
The room I stayed in needs to be updated. The room I was put in also didn't resemble the room on the website. The bed was very uncomfortable and room was freezing when I checked in and heating was via a storage heater which took a while to heat up. Food was fine and bar staff very friendly as was staff in breakfast room.
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2013
hotel was spotless and staff very attentive - excellent irish breakfast
2 night trip Feb 22, 2013
The hotel was very nice and the staff were very helpfull and friendly and the location was perfect for a relaxing getaway weekend. The hotel room was lovely and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The only problem was the shower had no door or curtain and the bathroom floor was flooded every time we used the shower.
Romance trip Sep 18, 2012
2 night family trip Feb 22, 2013
2 night business trip Apr 7, 2015
Other trip Sep 19, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Errigal Country House Hotel

"beautiful"
05/20/15 theroadtoparadise Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
We had a five night stay here last week and, it was wonderful.the rooms are lovely with plenty of space ours had a balcony which was wonderful. The food at the hotel is fabulous we ate in the restaurant and the bar all very good and huge portions. The staff are amazing and helped us with anything we needed..so we do send special thanks regarding the service we received. We hope to return soon as we did enjoy our stay and want to explore the area more ..the hotel itself is set in beautiful grounds. Overall we loved everything it has to offer.
"Perfection!!"
05/09/15 Edel M
Second time staying here and even better than before!! I planned this as a night away for my partner and I (we were 3 years together last month) and we couldn't have enjoyed the stay any better than we did. We stayed in one of the lodges (number 301) which were just like any other hotel room- bedroom with ensuite. The ensuite had a walk in shower (no bath) with complimentary toiletries. When we arrived into our room we were so surprised to see a bottle of rose and chocolates waiting for us, along with a little note wishing us a nice anniversary! I assume this must have been down to Kinga who I had been emailing RE our reservation- thank you so much, it was a lovely surprise to arrive to! The lodges are only about 2 minutes walk (if even that) away from the main hotel, just a note that if you have issues with stairs (like me) then request a room downstairs as I don't think there is a lift up to the other 3 rooms in the lodges (there are 3 rooms downstairs and 3 upstairs). One thing to note is that there is no wifi in the lodges- just in case anyone is wondering- something that could maybe be changed in the future? Breakfast in the hotel the next morning is included in the price, food is cooked to order and can be given extras if needed. One thing I will say is that I have seen more choices for breakfast in other hotels (cereals, pastries etc), but this doesn't stop the brilliant experience you get in the Errigal! We ate that night in the bar and I have to admit, service was very efficient and polite. Food was served quickly and was really tasty and a very decent price too!! Overall this is a brilliant hotel, service was fabulous- from the reception to the bar and to the breakfast staff. If you get a free weekend- go there for perfection!!
"Spa break for sisters 50th Birthday!"
05/06/15 Michelle E Dungannon, United Kingdom
Myself ,two sisters and two nieces stayed at this hotel for a overnight Spa break for my sisters 50th. Hotel is in a beautiful setting, and we were welcomed by a very friendly male member of staff at reception.We had a complimentary bottle of champagne in the foyer whilst waiting on our rooms!. The Riverside Spa with sauna and steam room was excellent and the treatments were fantastic. The relaxation suite was very welcoming with complimentary tea, coffee, crisps,tea cakes and grapes.! We had food in the bar later which was very tasty and good value. Bar staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was served overlooking the gardens and the hotel was spotlessly clean.! We would highly recommend this spa break for attention to detail and value for money.We will be back !!
"Lovely hotel in rural setting"
05/05/15 David L Donegal
Had the pleasure of staying in this hotel on the 23rd of April , the checking was swift and all well explained about the hotels facility's . Stayed in room 201 . This is a lovely room very well furnished and good views of the excellent kept gardens . Everything g was spotless and very comfortable . The menu had plenty of choice for the bar food area and a lovely breakfast in the morning .
"Excellent venue & location for wedding"
05/05/15 Michelle O
We stayed here for 1 night while attending a wedding! The hotel is very modern and spotlessly clean! All staff are really friendly! Food was the best I ever had at a wedding! Would definitely stay here again for a break away.
"Romantic Stay"
05/05/15 Linda M
Lovely hotel and staff, we were waiting a little while for a member of staff at the front desk to check in. We stayed in the executive suite which was beautiful, could do with black out curtains. The only complaint was we had breakfast in the room and it wasn't very warm, the tea was even cold. So this could be improved but overall it was a lovely stay
"Excellent Stay"
04/26/15 John S Belfast, United Kingdom
I have never left a review for anywhere before, but my recent stay at the Errigal Country House Hotel was so good I felt I had to. Me and my wife booked two nights here and I could honestly go on forever about how good our stay was but I'll keep it short and to the point. Location - Excellent, Staff - Excellent, Room - Excellent, Food - Excellent, Value for Money - Excellent Spa - Excellent This is without a doubt the best hotel in Ireland I have ever stayed in when looking for a relaxing break. The staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful. .
"Relaxing break"
04/19/15 Donna M Letterkenny, Ireland
We had a 2 night stay recently, looking for a quiet relaxing break & this hotel met our needs. We stayed in suite 201 which was gorgeous best suite I've stayed in to date. Room was very clean, staff were extremely friendly & helpful. But the spa is extremely small and the thermal suite & relaxation room is a disappointment, relaxation room is way to small with only 3 loungers & 3 beanbags (which no one wants to sit on), it gets crowded & is not relaxing. Although our treatments we received were great & therapist were lovely, hair salon very good also & so handy next to spa. Food was fabulous bar and restaurant both. I loved this hotel but I am very big into spa breaks & this hotel really needs to focus getting it's spa right, thermal suite & relaxation room must be improved as it's the only thing that would put me off returning. But I couldn't fault this hotel in any other area that's why I gave 4 rating.
04/13/15 dublin3326
Hi I just want to give you my opinion of things at this hotel. First off I would like to say that this is a lovely hotel but there is a few issues not bad but I would just like to bring them to your attention. My fiancée booked this hotel for my birthday and when we arrived we were asked to take payment from our credit card but we had already paid in full it's not a big issue for us but as we work in a hotel we have seen how this can be a hassle to some guests after all its the first impression that lasts? Second we stayed in room 202 very nice room but the towel rail was hanging off the wall and the frame of the jacuzzi was broken and cracked all down one side again not a big problem for us but this is a suite I think that you should have these types of rooms up to the highest standards. Ok now on to the staff I'm sorry but I did not get any names but the guy who checked us in was very apologetic about our miss hap at check in and was very helpful with any questions we asked so that was a good start. On the Thursday we had dinner in the bar and there were 2 staff members working a girl and a guy. I think it's the skinny girl with the black hair ha ha. This was the girl who served me my fiancée and my daughter. Now I am a manager of the vaults bar in the castle hotel and this girl is great at her job I would be happy with hiring this girl she had a smile when she first meet us got a child seat for my daughter and her service was excellent after each meal she checked to see if everything was to our satisfaction that was great in my book. As for the guy I didn't deal with him but when I did talk to him he seemed very pleasant. The whole experience was very good and I would recommend this hotel thank you very much.
"Superb"
04/07/15 RedditchRobbie REDDITCH
Spent Easter weekend with my family the hotel room was very comfortable and very well appointed and very clean, the staff were, helpful and very friendly and the food served at the hotel was excellent and very good value for money,as was the drink. Breakfast was well organised and the food top quality. All in all a wonderful stay excellent value for money and I would highly recommend and will certainly return again.