All hotels in Cootehill, Ireland

Great amenities
    Quite clean
    Room is all right
    Bad internet service
"Great except one thing...."
The hotel itself is really nice and overall the stay was quite enjoyable. Cootehill is a lovely place. There was an issue with the hot water. I called down to the front desk and they started looking into it, returning my call about 10 minutes later to state the owner was on his way in to address it. At this point I was impressed and feeling bad for them (assuming the entire hotel did not have hot water and that all the other guests were as inconvenienced as I was). I managed to heat enough water up in the kettle to clean up - you see my stay was for work, not vacation. When I went to the front desk, it became obvious that I was the only customer in the wing without hot water. I was appalled that it did not occur to them to offer me another room even if only for a shower that morning. My room rate was adjusted as compensation. I believe this was an isolated incident / oversight as all other aspects of the hotel were great. Staff was friendly and otherwise accommodating, the food was great, comfy beds and lots of water pressure and my room was huge with a jet tub.
Other trip May 4, 2015
We stayed in Errigal on the 26/12/14, our stay was perfect. The room was beautiful, clean and spacious with a lovely view. The staff were lovely, chatty and helpful. We ate in the bar because the restaurant closed very early but that was probably due to the time of year. The food was delicious and great value. We also used the spa facilities which were fantastic. Overall a brilliant stay and we will definitely be back.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"We were there for 3 nights."
They hosted a dinner for 22 of our relatives and it was terrific. They also hosted a wedding for 230 people and a dinner for 90 fisherman. Service by all the staff was first class. We will be back. Alan & Kathy
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Alan & Kathy
"A very comfortable hotel"
My one night stay was very comfortable.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013

"Comfortable but room for improvement"
The food was cooked to our preference which was good because we had special dietary needs which were met. We only had one glass in the bathroom and one hand towel, as a couple sharing there should have been two. Also when we left our room on the first morning we pulled the bed cover over, when we returned late evening the towels in the bathroom had been changed, but the bed had not been made. This statement also applied to the other room our travelling companions were staying in. For a deluxe bedroom I would have expected better.
2 night family trip Sep 30, 2015
Nice hotel , comfortable with helpful staff
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2015
anne
"--deluxe room--adapted for wheelchair user"
Room right above smoking area, extremely noisy !!! There was a wedding so don't expect to get any sleep! Deluxe bedroom had no bath, and instead had a bathroom adapted for the use of wheelchair, walk-in shower space completely dominated by the chair. Two shower curtains that were inefficient meaning the floor was flooded beyond belief. emercency bell hanging outta the wall beside shower and well as a serious cracked ceiling with plaster hanging off, Toilet lever broken. No welcome pack in the room, or menu for bar, restaurant or spa. No face cloths. On the upside the bed was extremely comfortable. Two light bulbs were gone.. Very poor maintenance! Overall, extremely disappointed with the deluxe room for the money paid! On a positive note, the half body massage received in spa was exceptional.
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Great anniversary get away. Lovely big clean room. Nive decor throughtout. Friendly staff and food was top class and well priced. Will definitly be back
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
"dissapointing"
Terrible, 2 dirty towels on arrival, room not actually in hotel but in house beside hotel, no bath, constant noise in room from water system turning on/off,other guests in/out, b&b room at hotel prices, will not be returning
1 night trip Jun 13, 2015
anne
"Lovely Country Hotel"
Lovely hotel. Nice room. Food in bar was delicious. Staff was friendly.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2015
Margaret
"Lovely hotel enjoyable stay"
Attended a wedding at the hotel, Hotel and service was amazing, very friendly staff and nothing too much trouble to them.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
lindsey
"ok"
at this time of year it was very quiet, bar had only a few people in bar meals were good but overpriced,
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
Alexander
"Short stay."
Had a lovely stay, the food was outstanding, would recommend it to everyone, will be back soon.Guy in the bar singing and was very friendly.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Errigal Country House Hotel"
overall a very good hotel. Large comfortable room, lovely surroundings, and friendly staff. Although it did take a long time to get the wifi working in the room
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
Frequent traveler
"Beautiful Hotel"
Simply cannot fault the Errigal Country House Hotel. Everything about our stay was fantastic. Room was very large and clean. Service was great. We decided on bar food instead of the restuarant and we're not sorry that we did, top quality food. Loved the Brewery Bar in the hotel too, very unlike a standard hotel bar (this is a good thing!). Will be back....
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
Niall
Excellent service
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
T Stack
"Superb Wedding Package"
We were at a wedding; everything was high q and went like clockwork.........v nice breakfast as well
1 night trip May 9, 2014
MCNCLAN
"Didn't like the room"
When I arrived at the hotel the hotel staff were very friendly . The problem I had was that I was told I was staying in one of the houses facing the hotel I was very disappointed because I had paid 140.00 euro thinking I was staying in the hotel which was not the case, I think this should be made clear to people when they are booking.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Great location since we wanted to be in Cootehill. Enjoyed a nice meal and the morning breakfast was very nice also. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend to others without hesitation.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2013
Sonya
What a beautiful location with the most amazing views from a very nice room
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2013
Antaron
"Great service"
Had a great weekend break
2 night romance trip Aug 24, 2013
"Not good at all"
Ready for a rant?? They don't believe in duvets... They prefer the moleskin blankets that are speckled with blue fluff, probably from someone else's belly button. There is no Internet connection apart from in reception, all the plugs are a million miles away from the bed, the radiator is hanging off the wall the lampshade is ripped, I think they fought Noah for the TV and the iron had black marks on it so ill probably wreck my shirt if I even think about ironing it!! How can this place justify a larger cost than most Dublin hotels??
1 night business trip May 8, 2013
"Tired Room"
The room I stayed in needs to be updated. The room I was put in also didn't resemble the room on the website. The bed was very uncomfortable and room was freezing when I checked in and heating was via a storage heater which took a while to heat up. Food was fine and bar staff very friendly as was staff in breakfast room.
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2013
hotel was spotless and staff very attentive - excellent irish breakfast
2 night trip Feb 22, 2013
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Lucy
2 night family trip Feb 22, 2013
2 night business trip Apr 7, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Errigal Country House Hotel

"Errigle stay"
01/08/16 Deborah H Lurgan, United Kingdom
Stayed here for one night and we both thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel was stylish and modern and of very high standard. Staff were more than helpful and nothing was too much bother. Will defo stay again
"Our Wedding 5th December 2015"
01/05/16 melissaqgly Edinburgh, United Kingdom
We would like to say a huge thank you to all the staff at the Errigal Country House Hotel especially our wedding coordinator Niall Kelly. They all went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend the best ever! They really made all our guests feel so welcome especially the Scottish guests who got looked after so well!! We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone for any occasion, thank you so much..Melissa & Neil MacLeod.
"Very nice food and friendly staff"
12/30/15 Paul M
Paid a visit here on route to a family get together, we had a fabulous meal in the restaurant which was excellent value. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely pay a visit here again when I am passing this way.
"Worth a visit"
12/22/15 hilarymcmenamin donegal ireland
Stayed in the Errigal Hotel in Nov for one night to meet up with friends, the hotel was very clean , bedrooms nice and big with tea facilities which was a plus. Must say I found the staff very nice and helpful. Our group had bar grub overall everyone happy. For anyone touring the area this hotel would be a good place to stay, for Nov we found hotel well priced. Keep in mind this hotel is only around 1hr 40 mins from dublin.
"Wedding and Stayed the night"
12/21/15 Donna M Cavan, Ireland
Fab Hotel, Staff are lovely the whole place is gorgeoys, its modern, cosy and so pretty. The food was fabulous, the room was lovely, huge bed and really comfy. Have no complaints would highly recommend.
"Great staff, friendly and helpful"
12/05/15 Bmarlow2013 Fintona, United Kingdom
Stayed her recently for a 2 night break with my sisters & niece..it was quiet & restful...just what we wanted. The hotel is comfortable & stylish. Food and service were excellent. Def will visit again.
"Lovely wedding nice hotel and friendly staff"
12/03/15 Nathalie d Cork
Stayed here for a family wedding and really enjoyed it. Food was nice and staff very helpful. Was great value also. Got my hair and makeup done in the beautician/hairdresser upstairs and was pleased, very friendly and good value.
"Excellent Service at our Daughters Wedding"
11/23/15 Ruth M Augher, United Kingdom
Back in September we had the privilege of staying in the Errigal Country Hotel at our Daughters Wedding. Everything from start to finish was excellent, nothing was too much bother for the staff. The food was first class and served very professionally (some other hotels could take a leaf out of your book). Our bedroom was beautiful , with lovely views from the balcony. The breakfast the following morning was very tasty with plenty of choice, we were served with as many pots of tea as required. I would recommend this Hotel and would like to thank everyone at the hotel who made our family wedding a very memorial event.
"An enjoyable experence"
11/16/15 bilcar31 Dublin Ireland
We enjoyed this hotel although we were only there for one night. We had a meal in the restaurant which was very nice and the staff were very pleasant. Breakfast was plentiful and well cooked. The room was very comfortable. Although the main bar was closed for redecoration the lounge bar was very acceptable. would like to return.
"Date night"
11/16/15 Szalx Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
A much needed couples break, managed to get away for 1 night from the usual crazy family life. Booked a spa mini break. On arrival room was cold. We managed eventually to find heater to turn it on. Unfortunately room was overlooking carpark and as there was a wedding on sleep was disturbed be rowdy guests. Despite these negatives have to say we thoroughly enjoyed the spa treatments / relaxation room and the food/ bar and breakfast were also great. Would suggest requesting a quiet room if u like to sleep. A hot tub or pool would have been good too.