All hotels in Cootehill, Ireland

We stayed in Errigal on the 26/12/14, our stay was perfect. The room was beautiful, clean and spacious with a lovely view. The staff were lovely, chatty and helpful. We ate in the bar because the restaurant closed very early but that was probably due to the time of year. The food was delicious and great value. We also used the spa facilities which were fantastic. Overall a brilliant stay and we will definitely be back.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"We were there for 3 nights."
They hosted a dinner for 22 of our relatives and it was terrific. They also hosted a wedding for 230 people and a dinner for 90 fisherman. Service by all the staff was first class. We will be back. Alan & Kathy
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Alan & Kathy
"A very comfortable hotel"
My one night stay was very comfortable.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
"Nice place to stay - beautiful countryside view"
Very pleased with everything
Other trip Aug 11, 2012
"genological resaearch"
excellent wonderful staff However very difficult to cancel even one day stay We were through with our investigation but could not be reimbursed if we left early so we missed alot of your beautiful country.
Family trip Aug 6, 2012

"dissapointing"
Terrible, 2 dirty towels on arrival, room not actually in hotel but in house beside hotel, no bath, constant noise in room from water system turning on/off,other guests in/out, b&b room at hotel prices, will not be returning
1 night trip Jun 13, 2015
anne
"Lovely Country Hotel"
Lovely hotel. Nice room. Food in bar was delicious. Staff was friendly.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2015
Margaret
"Lovely hotel enjoyable stay"
Attended a wedding at the hotel, Hotel and service was amazing, very friendly staff and nothing too much trouble to them.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
lindsey
"ok"
at this time of year it was very quiet, bar had only a few people in bar meals were good but overpriced,
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
Alexander
"Short stay."
Had a lovely stay, the food was outstanding, would recommend it to everyone, will be back soon.Guy in the bar singing and was very friendly.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Errigal Country House Hotel"
overall a very good hotel. Large comfortable room, lovely surroundings, and friendly staff. Although it did take a long time to get the wifi working in the room
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
Frequent traveler
"Beautiful Hotel"
Simply cannot fault the Errigal Country House Hotel. Everything about our stay was fantastic. Room was very large and clean. Service was great. We decided on bar food instead of the restuarant and we're not sorry that we did, top quality food. Loved the Brewery Bar in the hotel too, very unlike a standard hotel bar (this is a good thing!). Will be back....
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
Niall
Excellent service
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
T Stack
"Superb Wedding Package"
We were at a wedding; everything was high q and went like clockwork.........v nice breakfast as well
1 night trip May 9, 2014
MCNCLAN
"Didn't like the room"
When I arrived at the hotel the hotel staff were very friendly . The problem I had was that I was told I was staying in one of the houses facing the hotel I was very disappointed because I had paid 140.00 euro thinking I was staying in the hotel which was not the case, I think this should be made clear to people when they are booking.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Great location since we wanted to be in Cootehill. Enjoyed a nice meal and the morning breakfast was very nice also. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend to others without hesitation.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2013
Sonya
What a beautiful location with the most amazing views from a very nice room
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2013
Antaron
"Great service"
Had a great weekend break
2 night romance trip Aug 24, 2013
"Not good at all"
Ready for a rant?? They don't believe in duvets... They prefer the moleskin blankets that are speckled with blue fluff, probably from someone else's belly button. There is no Internet connection apart from in reception, all the plugs are a million miles away from the bed, the radiator is hanging off the wall the lampshade is ripped, I think they fought Noah for the TV and the iron had black marks on it so ill probably wreck my shirt if I even think about ironing it!! How can this place justify a larger cost than most Dublin hotels??
1 night business trip May 8, 2013
"Tired Room"
The room I stayed in needs to be updated. The room I was put in also didn't resemble the room on the website. The bed was very uncomfortable and room was freezing when I checked in and heating was via a storage heater which took a while to heat up. Food was fine and bar staff very friendly as was staff in breakfast room.
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2013
hotel was spotless and staff very attentive - excellent irish breakfast
2 night trip Feb 22, 2013
The hotel was very nice and the staff were very helpfull and friendly and the location was perfect for a relaxing getaway weekend. The hotel room was lovely and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The only problem was the shower had no door or curtain and the bathroom floor was flooded every time we used the shower.
Romance trip Sep 18, 2012
2 night family trip Feb 22, 2013
2 night business trip Apr 7, 2015
Other trip Sep 19, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Errigal Country House Hotel

"Romantic Night Away"
06/22/15 AdrianLyon Bessbrook, null, United Kingdom
I stay in a lot of hotels, mainly on business but I rarely write a review. This visit was a short notice pin on the map one night quick getaway for my wife's birthday and we both enjoyed it so much I felt I had to write a review. The hotel is in a lovely tucked away location pretty much as far away from anything as you can get but still within easy travelling distance from anywhere in Ireland. The hotel itself is very well kept with immaculate gardens. We were booked in to one of the lodge rooms which are in separate 'houses' a short distance from the hotel. Whilst our room was probably the smallest (303) in the lodge it was fitted out and decorated to a high standard with a good sized flat screen TV (we didn't turn it on though) and a great power shower. We had dinner in the restaurant and the quality of ingredients was of a very high standard. I had fillet steak and although I'd asked it to be cooked rare it was a bit over cooked, despite this it was excellent and didn't detract from a superb evening. The staff and the service was perfect, attentive but unobtrusive. The wine list was a bit limited but I'm just being picky! One of my concerns was that this is a popular wedding venue and I was worried about the potential for a noisy evening, but even though there was a wedding that day, we barely saw any evidence. In short, I'll be back!
"Restaurant experience/breakfast really let this hotel down."
06/22/15 Gillian g County Wicklow, Ireland
Stayed here recently for a function that was happening in the area.having stayed in a 4 star hotel the previous week we were expecting the same standards/service from this hotel.However it was our experience at dinner/breakfast that was most disappointing. In the restaurant it almost seemed that the staff were not prepared(despite the fact that we had booked our meal for 9pm a week in advance).The staff taking our order were extremely slow and almost seemed flustered.There was no bread/rolls on the table to keep us content until our orders had arrived.Customers who had ordered the same as ourselves were almost an hour waiting to be served their main meal while we were on dessert. The steak that we ordered was very poor and the quality of the meat resulted in the majority of what I was given to be left behind on the plate.Staff had to be reminded about our drinks order.The water provided was awful and left a very bad after-taste. The breakfast service was very poor.It was slow.On the the first morning we were not told that there was a buffet service(that was out of our vision behind a wall)Fried eggs were hard.We were not asked if we requested more toast.Tea/coffee was slow to arrive.The buffet(which we discovered on the second day was poor).The quality of the orange juice was poor.There were cartons of Kulana juice visible.When we arrived there was only one slice of bread left.Yoghurt choice was poor.Disappointing. Overall,the external on arrival is impressive.The rooms were comfortable and spacious but dinner and breakfast service really ruined our experience at this hotel.
"Lovely hidden Gem"
06/16/15 anitaraz Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Stayed here for a wedding, thoroughly enjoyed staying in this hotel. Rooms spacious, clean and tidy. Breakfast very good. As a wedding venue it was excellent! Food was superb! Didn't even know this place existed but fully intend to return for another visit - very happy with our stay!
"Fabulous Hotel for Brothers recent wedding!"
06/16/15 935anita County Fermanagh, United Kingdom
Cannot fault this fantastic hotel! Attended in may for my brothers wedding, and everything was perfect! the hotel itself is lovely to look at, walls of glass as you walk in, all open plan, all the rooms fantastic, tastefully decorated and spacious. The service at the meal and throughout the wedding was brilliant, the staff couldnt do enough for us. The food was delicious and so much of it! The staff were on hand with seconds and nothing was any trouble to them esp catering for the small children at our table. Would definately recommend this gem of a hotel and will definately stay here again.
"Great experience."
06/01/15 JimandDonnaB2015 Chicago, Illinois
A special notation regarding Allen, Kinga, Damien and Mary (mother of four). They were all helpful and kind in their service to us. They went out of their way to provide h help and extra special comfort.
"DBB deal booked online and confirmed by hotel did not it transpired include any dinner at all!."
05/27/15 DoylesAbroad Dublin, Ireland
We are a group of 7 ladies who frequently avail of the many excellent DBB rates at 4 star properties throughout Ireland, many of which can be found on a site called bargainbreaks.ie, among others for E52.50pps. They all offer DBB in a 4 star property with a 2-course evening meal plus tea/coffee in the restaurant. Not so however at The Errigal Country House Hotel where Pat, the hotel's Proprieter will inform you (post your dinner in the restaurant we might add) that despite the email confirmation from his very hotel in your very hand, the Errigal DBB deal is infact just B&B with a 12 euro (eh.....12 euro???) voucher towards bar food. Needless to say this caused us some frustration at check-out while we tried - in vain - to point out to Pat that to be asked to pay an additional 30 euro each for dinner was not a good situation at all. Pat on the other hand pointed out that he couldn't care less what we thought. I am curious to know how check-out was for the other 10 or so guests who approached us as we left to say that they too had fallen foul of the "Errigal DBB" the evening before. Admittedly we were happy with the rooms and the restaurant but we were not prepared to pay more, especially since we had taken the trouble the evening before to check our dinner menu entitlements with Pat himself before we ordered. Pat had no memory of this the following morning. Such a frustrating and needlessly disappointing end to our night away. Easily avoidable. Pat, you need to sort this. we will not be back.
"If ET visited Cootehill...."
05/26/15 tricia b Manchester, United Kingdom
If ET arrived from outer space to the Errigal Country House Hotel - he would still not be able to return ...due to lack of WIFI SIGNAL !... Inspite of friendly receptionist and genuine down to earth bar staff who did their best however nobody could find me WIFI - just like the TV in the lodge, both were at v best intermittant to non existent. If you stay in the lodge - BEWARE NO WIFI HERE...( ie Lodge in this case being modern houses away from hotel full of bedrooms - decent rooms admittedly). Breakfast was really good on the plus side. However, when I stay at a hotel that advertises Spa facilities, call me old fashioned but I expect to be able to avail of the advantages of choosing to stay at a 4 Star hotel with SPA ....oh no - it was full!!! came the reply and you pay extra to use it. How small exactly is this unseen relaxe vu area - according to the hotel literature, it contains a hot tub and sauna too...i can only imagine.
"Could have been so much better."
05/26/15 MCqvegas
My partner and I arrived and initially were met by a clean modern and impeccable lobby. However that was the only really impressive thing about this hotel. Although our room was big we soon discovered we were without a kettle. I am aware that this is not a huge issue and so I thought a simple phone call would resolve. However, upon requesting the kettle be replaced (there were full tea and coffee making facilities - even the base of the kettle!) was told that it was not possible. We were without a facility in the room that we had paid for. Furthernore a piece of what I presume was beef burger was on the carpet beside the bed, the main lamp in the room was not working and we were not able to order room service. The room service was billed as being available until 11pm but when I phoned at 10pm I was abruptly told by a rude member of the kitchen that the 'kitchen's closed'. He was then 'unable' to transfer me back to reception. I have to stress that the lady on the reception that evening was lovely and she did bring us a tray of tea once she learned we had no kettle. However, we had no way of making ourselves anything through the night. Again I know this is not life threatening but we paid to have this service included in our stay. These are the perks and nice touches of staying in a hotel that couples look forward to and are prepared to pay for. We thought we had and ended up sorely disappointed.
"Prefect Room and facilities - restaurant let it down"
05/26/15 Joel T Belfast, United Kingdom
Prefect Room and facilities - only thing let it down was the restaurant. My wife and I went on a special package, which included a executive room, four course meal and breakfast. The room is amazing, massive bed and massive bath (only thing i found weird was no curtains on the four big windows in the bathroom, just see through fabric and stained glass on the bottom panes). The restaurant really disappointed us, looked brilliant but there was not much taste from it. Desert chocolate fudge covered in raspberry puree (all you could taste was raspberry) wife had fruit salad and it was covered in cinnamon which over powered the fruit. Full Irish breakfast in the morning, was dripping in grease (moved the mushrooms over and left black thick grease). I never complain about stuff normally, but we felt that the restaurant let down the hotel. We would go back tomorrow because it was a brilliant hotel but we would find somewhere else to eat. And would recommend it to anybody.
"Friendly and Attentive"
05/25/15 StephDemp Achill Island, Ireland
Stayed at Errigal Country House in early May for just one night. We arrive late and left early so we didn't get to experience a great deal. There was just three in our party. When I booked, I asked for rooms close to the lift as my parents are elderly and don't like to have to walk far from the lift and I also asked for gluten free bread as my mother has coeliac disease. Rooms were perfect, right beside the lift and for breakfast, there was gluten free bread made available. The service from the breakfast staff (Lorna) was exceptional. All in all, we had a good experience and we will certainly stay there again.